You are not connected. Please login or register

Results of the Investigation (Zub/Reward Plot)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Like before zub would be given a letter, this time being from her friend Flavian.
"Dearest Lady Zub,

I have caught wind of your latest investigations involving the deaths of councilmen and similar tragedies. I request to meet with you in order to learn what you have discovered and to reveal information i have learned myself.

This is beginning to get dangerous however, so i request that we meet in the market of the capital, this way it is unlikely for us to be attacked and with so much noise even if someone catches our conversation it wont make much sense. Please meet me there midday tomorrow. I will be in an inn there where none will suspect us to be called the Emperor's Triumph.

SIncerly, Flavian

This is all the note would say as the sender would be waiting to see her the next day at the inn.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Once she had received Flavrian’s letter, Zubaidah put aside her quill and wrote him no response. After all, she knew how their relationship worked now. If he requested her, she would come. It might have sounded like a one-sided relationship, but he was her patron in Reiman society. She provided the funds and fame that ensured Flavrian’s position, but his status in public and political matters maintained Zubaidah’s side-ventures. If either of them requested the other, they would come at a moment’s notice.

At least, that was her excuse for a noon-time stroll across sunny Trepolis. Zubaidah had not returned for some time, her business and investigations drawing her into shadier corners of the Western world, so the chit-chat and chimney-stacks of the Reiman township were rather welcoming. She welcomed the Reiman pubs even more, thankful that Flavrian had chosen the Emperor’s Triumph, for Zubaidah needed some beer in her stomach. After all, she had drunk ouzo, whiskey and even poisons over the last month or so, and her stomach needed something more manageable.

Whatever your cheapest beer is, sir.' She saw the bar before Flavrian, or rather the handsome bartender, hence beer came before business. ‘And Flavrian, it certainly looks like we are getting some cheap beer here!' With drink in hand, she sidled over towards Flavrian, flicking her loose black hair over her shoulders. ‘I mean, I know this was supposed to be discreet, but must we suffer something this cheap?' She had realised how discreet Flavrian wanted their discussion to be, hence her hair was dyed black and straightened out, but she was uncertain why they were being this discreet.

At least, she was uncertain why Flavrian wanted them this discreet.
340/340 | word/1000 | 390/390

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

There would be a giggle as soon as Zubadiah said the name Flavian. This laughter was familiar to the woman but it was not the laughter of a man. "I am sorry to say that our dear friend Flavian will not be meeting you here today, instead I will be your drinking companion." Standing behind her was a cloaked figure who upon close inspection was the spider known as Fulvia, who had a smirk contained on her face.

The woman would sit next to Zub touching the womans hair, "I much prefer your purple over this, this is much to plain and common." she would say before picking up a glass of fine wine that was given to her without a word from the woman.

"I am so glad that you decided to show up. I love how  naive and gullible you can be my dear friend. Now with that aside why dont you tell me what you have been investigating? I am so glad its not us and would love to know everything you have uncovered."

Fulvia:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
As she glanced around the room for Flavrian, Zubaidah soon realised that her patron was not here. She was not given time to wonder about where he might be, however, before Fulvia interrupted her thoughts. ‘Ah, you.’ She could not conceal her surprise, but she was more concerned that she felt nothing else. When she heard Fulvia’s voice, she felt herself turning through every emotion from fear to hatred, but Zubaidah ended with surprise and nothing else.

Where is Flavrian?

Then surprise was joined by fear and hatred. ‘Have I not refrained from moves against your lot?’ With each moment, more emotions flooded into her voice. ‘Why have you moved against me?’ She was maintaining some semblance of a poker-face, but it was hard to keep her emotions hidden behind it. ‘You said that you would make no such moves while I kept my distance…

...and I have.

Zubaidah was uncertain what made her more discontent, that Fulvia was threatening her or that she was afraid from those threats. ‘So speak your piece, Fulvia.’ She brushed Fulvia’s hand from her shoulder, black hair falling down her straightened back. ‘You are sure to have kept tabs on my activities, am I correct?’ As she spoke, she could feel herself grow more confident, pushing her fears aside. ‘Besides, my investigation was aimed solely towards Council members.’ If she were afraid, this was not the time for Zubaidah to show it. ‘I am certain that the Senate must have investigated this themselves.

After all, do you not keep tabs on your competition?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fulvia would just shake her head "Tsk Tsk Tsk. Must you be so skeptical my dear lady? Your patron is fine and you have kept your word so there is nothing to be concerned about, I am not here to hurt you but to trade information. You have something i want and i am sure that what i have in return you will find to be of great intrigue."

She would sit back as she continued to talk to the other woman, "The reason I come to you is simple, you are skilled in investigation where as the senate is really only good at pulling up dirt on people and not so much investigating incidents like you have recently. And as for why we dont know what you know already is simple. Our concern is you trying to meddle with the spiders therefore we only observed loosely although i would suggest not taking advantage of this for we can tighten out observation if needed. Now if you dont mind, tell me what you have discovered."

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Has there ever been any concern about whether I trust you?’ Zubaidah made it quite clear that she meant Fulvia was not to be trusted, should she look into those hostile eyes. ‘But trust matters little anymore…

I found that someone has made Reiman officials their target.’ She tossed back her bitter alcohol, licking her crimson lips despite the situation. ‘So far, their targets have had connections with the Council, but some have been connected with the Senate as well.

The means have been man-made insects, produced by some sort of magic most likely.’ She slid over a hand-drawn sketch of the insect husks, her own work, but the husks themselves remained elsewhere. ‘As for the assailant, they were wearing foreign armour, perhaps Kinan or Kounese, but I could not identify their face.

Now what have you in return?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fulvia would grin at what she is hearing, "Well what i can tell you is that these circumstances all fall under one man from the sounds of it. I am not sure if you know this man or not but he is known by the name of Julius. His name has appeared a few times but we do not know much about him besides that he is a threat to Reim and its people" she would say this last part with a strange tone, She did care about the people of riem but not for a sentimental reason but one for profit and the prosperity of the Spiders.

Fulvia would stand up after finishing her drink "Well uou have been quite helpful today but i must be off. I hope you can put the knowledge of that name to good use. Till we meet again my dear lady zub" She would give zub a light peck on the cheek before walking out the bar if zub had nothing else to say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum