A tier:
B Tier:
C Tier:

Last edited by Julius Plageuis on 02/05/22, 10:45 am; edited 4 times in total

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

For just about all the spells the requirements/drawbacks should have something more to them. Commanding the rukh is inherent to all spells. You don't HAVE to speak them, and you could argue adding that verbal element is a restriction, but it isn't much of one as it is nigh impossible for an opponent to ever stop a magician from speaking. Please include something specific to the spell and include further limitations or requirements. These can be simple. Actions such as pointing where you wish to aim the spell provide a tell for your opponent which is an important aspect of balancing magicians. To use light array as an example for a drawback specific to the ability, you could state that the beam is unable to be further moved/aimed once it has been fired. Or in the case of Strength Borg it could be that you are unable to pass through your own barrier once it is created.

Shatter Point - Dealing A-tier damage to all metal weapons within 80m without any limiting factors is a bit too strong. Balance aside, the logic doesn't quite check out either as different metals and even different shape/size weapons are going to have different frequencies that hit the sweet spot for causing severe structural damage. I would like for this spell to have to select a target to tune into. As a bit of consolation, this spell shouldn't need to be limited to metal objects which will vastly open up the kinds of targets you can use it on.

Total Concealment - You can keep the movement restriction if you want, but honestly I would suggest removing it. You don't need it and there isn't much logic sense to it making it feel like an arbitrary restriction. Whether you remove it or not, please set a distance you can be from others you have cast the spell on can go before the connection to your magoi is lost and the spell ends. Please also include a description of how you actually cast the spell onto others as right now the method is not clear.

Echo Detection - Just a tiny detail on this one. You forgot to fill in the tier section.

Volt Shield - Please add how thick the wall of Volt Stream magic is. Please include the Volt Stream passive effect as well so others wont have to look it up.

Darkness - Set the scaling to an increase of one post blindness, not two. Please set a range limit that a light source needs to be within to fuel this spell. You will pretty much never be in a location with no light at all.

Saber Parry and Plague Blade both get a 1/2 from me. For the spells I didn't specifically call out, they just need the requirements/drawbacks update mentioned at the top.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Requirements/Drawbacks related edits have not been made. Please update them according to the instruction given above. Looking at your vault, you did make a sincere effort with your past abilities to flesh this section out a bit more. Please give these abilities the same sincere efforts.

Shatter Point: This spell is missing mention of dealing A-tier damage now but is otherwise acceptable once you fix the requirements.

Saber Parry/Plague Blade: I apologize for missing this last time but I must rescind the 1/2 on them as they have the same requirement/drawback problem as all your spells. Simply holding a warrior weapon in hand isn't saying much. There should be a movement prefacing the ability or a stance taken prior to execution listed, listed weak points, something more substantial as an actual limitation.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 approved

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2/2 Approved

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis