Solomon's Proxy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

The metal scrapes into his palm as it is detracted from his grasp. A man knocks into him and he hisses as the air is knocked from his lungs. Before he knew it, his legs had given out and he fell with Top Hat in his arms.

Warmth soaked into his clothes, the deepest red blooming like roses through bright linen. The lasting selflessness of a dying man stole his breath to a pause. "I—" He gasps, hands clasping onto the man’s dampened clothes. The Fanalis’ words were lost to him. "I… am fine." What blood was there had not been his. And yet… a hatred stewed in his heart as the man’s body lay heavy in his arms.

The surface of his skin began to glow with golden luminance. Each particle a star mapped upon his pale complexion. Even the bright rukh he harbored gathered around his ethereal form. The glint of his eyes held a constant hollowness as his leer bore deep into Hyperion. A blow that had been intended for himself had been dealt to another in his place.

His sacrifice demanded justice — vengeance.

"Moriendum est omnibus," he growls, "May the hounds hunt you until you are nothing but blood beneath their feet.”

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Chaos began to unfurl from the situation around Zion. Jedidiah summoned up great magic in the sky, but the one known as "Father" and Sollas seemed unperturbed by this. The former spoke up and offered his own game of sorts. Competition for a Divine Stave. Zion did not know the significance of the things, but with a name like "Divine" it could be inferred that it was a tool of great power and responsibility. Zion would be lying if he claimed that it was not tempting, but faced with Father's words it was clear there would be a price to grasping that power. Besides, his heart was already holding Sollas firmly as a point of great importance. Especially when he dropped the words "greatness" which caused Zion's heart to tremble with longing for his own long held goals. The other two seemed to be dyed fully in the black of illah's curse, but the boy was not yet tainted so completely. If possible, Zion hoped to save this child from the company of his dark family.

Responding to the Demi-Djinn's words, Zion stepped forth once more feeling a knot in his throat. He moved to speak deception but then held his tongue. The young magician's mouth opened and then closed without making a sound. Being honest had gotten him this chance, so he decided to stick to that genuine trend. He pondered his answer carefully and tried to ignore the pressure felt from the magic brewing above them all. It then struck him like a bolt from the blue. Zion's brows raised and he looked up in hurried excitement, "Such a heavy responsibility, I'm not sure if I am worthy to accept such power. Rather than take away from this world which already has so much stolen from it, I would hope to bring joy and peace. But I am no pacifist. I recognize the value of destruction. So if I were to gain your power, I suppose the first thing I would use it for..." The magician locked eyes with Sollas even as he pointed his finger high up into the air at the magic Jedidiah was preparing.

"...is to erase that magic which threatens us. Though my deepest held desire can't be grasped, that doesn't mean I am without a goal. At the bidding of my own late father, I seek to become a "Great Person" some day. A hero that brings hope and prosperity to the world. Alas, I have no time to learn your magic and implore you to act on my behalf. Please, help me save the people here from calamity."

Zion then presented Sollas with a deep bow of respect before turning around and marching towards Phobos. This put him close to the target of Jedidiah's spell and potentially in the line of fire. Talk was cheap. Actions would prove his convictions as the magician knelt down before the wounded Saint Germain. "I'm sorry for deceiving you. But thank you for playing along with my act." Zion said softly to Phobos with a gentle smile. "Allow me to help you return a life saving grace as a show of gratitude." The magician held faith that Sollas behind him would not let his chosen hero die in vain and focused instead of placing his hand upon the wounded chest of Tophat as the magic circle on his Angel's Brace shone brightly. Holy magic would then pour over the wound in the form of golden light which would begin to mend the injury whilst the one who had caused it was pre-occupied with choosing a sinister and depraved vessel for the djinn. Zion knew that this could not quell the anger Phobos' felt, but hoped to dull its sharp edge and de-escalate the conflict from erupting further. "If you seek revenge, save it until we are gone from this place..."

Magoi: 190/340

Magic Tool:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Not heeding Father’s warning, Zubaidah made herself known in the contest for the divine stave. ‘No offence, dear, but you must have known I wouldn’t listen, right?’ She was curious about Father’s cane, but Zubaidah wanted more for her troubles to be worth something. ‘I mean, I was smacked with a carriage, kidnapped by some clowns dressed in stripes and then some fuck dressed like a djinn wants to use extreme magic on us?!

Zubaidah was in pursuit of power and knowledge, true, but she had come into Jedidiah as an adventure first. ‘I’m fucking exhausted...’ She knew that the Dungeon would not yield its result with ease, but she had not expected Saint Germain to dial the difficulty to ‘unplayable’. After all, how could Zubaidah gain any experience when she could not even attempt Jedidiah! She knew it was unlikely that she would have won this Dungeon, but more experience could have worked towards an eventual win.

And so, placing one hand on the divine stave and another on Father himself, Zubaidah resonated with both their rukh. ‘So I want something that might grant me some solace.’ As she touched hands with Noir, both aiming for the cane, she flashed an awkward smile towards her old acquaintance. 'How’ve you been?
340/340 | word/1500 | 390/390

using Solomon's Empathy on Father and the Divine Stave

listening to rukh's guidance to keep Zubaidah protected

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sollas looked up all them before him, his family, and his new 'friends' as he felt something inside of him toiling and turning as if he was stuck in some great indecision. As the moment seemed to last into infinity his eyes fell upon Phobos and he thought about how he wanted him to find peace, then he looked upon Noir and how he saw great promise from someone who had continuously curried fate's favor but seemingly stuck around those whose fate was lost, and then finally he would stare upon the one he had chosen, Zion and the pleas fell upon his ears.

"Your wish, " He spoke as he suddenly spread out his hands in both directions and a massive pressure would begin to fill the room around them all. As he orchestrated his hands multiple flocks of black and white birds would come riding upon the flow as he commanded that which existed within it and that which existed beyond its bounds. He pulled all the energy together as another magic circle would appear and a series of black orbs would appear spinning around his brother's own magic as he spoke. "Is my command."

As if it was a threat of some sort he turned his head toward his so-called family as he would float behind the people who had entered the dungeon. He for the first time since they had all entered would see a look of resolve on his face. Sollas would look upon Jedidiah and then the father. He held both his hands open, without any quiver they seemed ready to close and bring obliteration upon those who forget that destruction brings upon creation.

"I think your humor has begun to sour brother." He said, his voice clear and confident as he seems to have picked a side in this moment as he would then look at Zion briefly, he pondered, is this what it was like to have a friend near his age. For a moment he enjoyed this thought before remembering the weight he carried. "They played your games and even amused us all, let them all go, we can't see how any of them grow if they're all dead."

He would then stop and wait a moment as he brought his hands closer together and the orbs would begin to spin faster as if they were ready to impact at full power, all eight of them primed to erase the false dungeon. "I don't wish for us to fight here, there is so much left to be done."

Jedidiah would fast, withholding his spell before it was his last. A fight with Sollas was not what he wanted, it was not one he could win. So he would step back, allowing his new king to claim him. They would likely see his extreme magic someday anyway. "We'll likely be foes next time we all meet, I trust father to push the players into their parts. Enjoy your show, strange Saint." Jedidiah would say as he entered the codpiece, bonding to it turning it into dark black metal with flaming hearts.

"O bother o bother" cooed The father. With words light, and free, free from deceit. "I'm glad you didn't listen, but head now for I shan't repeat." A face free from magic, he would say a name that only a few would know. "The contractor is me and I am him, but I have a mind and my own whim. A shattered bent balance blurred by a cacophony of chaotic copies. In times to come, you shall see what freedom does, how fate becomes blind, deaf and dumb. A world has twice fallen into the night, a world felled then freed, savior flayed while the braver gurgle on their spit and those with wit die in fright." Each flowing word froth forth from his face as the words in his verse, took form, the long black tendrils of a curse.

Zubidiah would feel her flow, the flow of those fallen, as black pollen seemed to spread from his new limbs. If Zubidiah wished to feel this power, she would feel it, the same with Noir for Ghost had cast the spell.

"This is the story you want to know, Saint Germains Show, the boy's key for salvation before the decimation of your nation. I hope, I pray for that day, for I do not align with my true self's sense. If your scales come in place I don't think it will change fate. You're running out of time, you're running out of time, but that's the point of a bet, to put everything on red and have the challenge set." For a second, before his words had ended, from each the staff would see a portion of the city take its shape. From their minds, a street, a scape that they could call "mine". The living city showed reflections of Zub, Ghost, and Noir's inner selves.

With that distraction, father took action casting a spell of his own. There was last one last thing to be shown. Flowing away with nothing to say he would let go. He drifted towards the sky as memory would show, a play in heaven.

It was a sight, one Zubidiah and Noir would certainly remember. Ghost and Hyperion as well would notice some sliver of the info that had been seen in Vine. A sky, black without any clouds, as hands tore up the earth, taking or building it meant to nothing as life struggled against it. Then, a visage which none had seen, 72 golden lights dimmed, then born again. They saw the shapes, of the first, of those who took the light in and became the djinn. A veil fell down upon them as once again it showed scattered gold gathered by shadows, fighting back against the illusion darker than night. They two fell, then, it showed a new world form. It showed a great protector weeping in his palace as history showed its' repeat. Yet, new things would shine, not a savior this time, but a twisted controller, and a rise of rapid new kings, those carrying bright weapons, then those shrouded in black. It was not a war of two, but of three, of a battle, they did not understand.

Then, as father faded into the Illusion he would say one last thing, as he left his staff to fight over. "First fell the stars in an attempt to change a world with a similar path, but abnormality rides the horizon, now five kings shall rise, those afraid this world will fail, dark heralds preach and finally the Yin-Yang Sky will tear across heaven."

"Good bye my sons."

The gate would fling open, with only the staves owner to be decided.

DM Notes: Father gone, Sollas stopped Jed from using his spell and has become Hyperions Djinn. Gate has opened again to leave, Noir, Zub and Ghost, only one can have the stave as I said, so its who leaves holding it. Right now you're all still holding it. But, Zub the tentacles had released curse magic around Zub so that when the illusion came her empathy would feel the pain of those lost to the black rukh, and the feelings of those in the illusion.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hyperion was surprised when Jedidiah had reigned in his power, it had seemed almost as if there was a tinge of fear in challenging the demi-djinn. More importantly, the father was to make sure they would all battle it out in the end.

The conflict between himself and the other candidates was just starting and he would ensure these battles in the next dungeon he would take part of. Hyperion holding onto the infused codpiece, waiting for a more proper time to don the Metal Vessel.

'Wait, THIS is the contractor?'

There was surprise in his thoughts, but the contractors word would resonate in his mind. Zub and the pair of magicians had tapped into the power of the divine stave, and it seemed like a conflict that he did not want to be a part of.

As he turned to leave, he could see the prophecy suggeste din the walls of Vine, and a key take away was the emergence of a third faction. It had seemed all along that this was perhaps a battle between those who believed in the rukh, and those who had cursed fate altogether. It was now Hyperion's mission to investigate the logistics of this upcoming war.

He finally turned away, and headed for the gate to return.

Last edited by Hyperion Tol Baelsar on 26/05/22, 09:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

Phobos held onto Top Hat with each fiber of his being. Even as the kind-faced magician lent his aid, it was not enough to control his fire. For people he had met in such a brief instance, there was an urge of possession in his bones — to keep them, to protect them. To watch the man who had nearly killed what was his walk from this place was something that instilled nothing but contempt in his heart.

But Zion was right.

This was no place to exact such a price and with his target gone, it would have to wait.

The magician owed him nothing and yet he was charitable to his plight. Embarrassed at his outburst, Phobos hid his face behind the wild hair that served well to veil his expression.

“It was fun, so I don’t mind.” he murmurs to him, “But… thank you.”

Through his simmering emotions, it was the most of his gratitude he could manage to display. Top Hat did not deserve to die for him. For the man to be granted another chance at life meant more to Phobos than even he realized for himself. Despite this, looking at Zion, the fanalis was inclined to believe his words would come true even if he knew not what he meant by them.

For now, Phobos would watch the mysterious staff. Who would end up with it in their possession, he did not know. Power was something in this world he required to achieve his own dreams. But it seemed that this day was just a reminder of how weak he was and how far he had left to travel down that path. Even if it stared him right in the face, he was not worthy of it.

Perhaps, there would be another day.

Saint Germain

Saint Germain
D-Tier
D-Tier

No action from a Saint Germain can be called selfish. ‘I am glad that you live, lad.’ All actions are in service to the SG collective. ‘I must say, phh, I am surprised that I still live as well.

Top Hat thought that he had acted to preserve Phobos as a candidate for the SG collective, but his actions were not rational if that was his reason. He was a more valuable Saint Germain than Phobos could ever be, for he had been infected for several decades now. He was an older Saint Germain than Bunny Suit herself, so why would he sacrifice himself for the fresh-faced Phobos?

We had a son once. There were two voices inside his head, playing like record tracks upon one another. We have found the perfect specimen. The two voices were disparate in their reasons, but there was one thing that they both agreed. We must protect this lad for as long as we live.

Even as Top Hat thanked Zion for his service, however, Bunny Suit kept her focus upon Father and Jedidiah. ‘All talk and no play, eh?’ She was irritated that Eight had taken away her assistant in this magic-show, grinding her cane into the ground. ‘I hate that, you know?’ She threw aside the now-broken cane, watching a new performance begin without her centre-stage. ‘I hate that you gave up on my show…

Then she saw those black hands. Bunny Suit was certain that she had seen them somewhere before, but she was uncertain where she could have seen them. Had she seen those hands in this life or one long past?

Father...’ She said that name without thinking. ‘What is this?’ She started crying as she thought about the name Father. ‘What the fuck am I doing?’ As she cried, her veins began pulsating with thick black lines streaking down her face. ‘I am looking for Father, aren’t I?’ An unpleasant smile forced her mouth into a half-crescent shape, as if each side was pushing in the opposite direction.

Take me with you!’ Shouting at Father, Bunny Suit ran towards him with open arms. ‘No, I need to know who - ’ Her face convulsed violently and her mouth turned into a full-on smile, ‘Where Father is!’ As she joined Father, Bunny Suit looked like she was filled with religious ecstasy, even as black and painful veins emerged across her exposed skin.

As she turned to face Jedidiah’s audience, however, Bunny Suit mouthed something clear and evident through a tear-soaked smile to Phobos and Top Hat.

Save me…

Before a single tear could reach the floor, Bunny Suit had vanished along with Father.

@ tag ● # # # ● notes

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was plain from Phobos' body language that the words he spoke were just a front. Even if they were true, they hid a fiery rage that seemed to take all of his willpower just to barely keep it contained. A sorrow laced smile formed on Zion's face as he looked from Phobos to the Tophat. The latter didn't utter so much as a word of thanks and instead was almost obsessively focused on Phobos. The silver haired magician didn't mind, but found it odd. It seemed like the two were strangers before this dungeon. What could have caused such a one track minded focus on Phobos? The curiosity ate at Zion but he pushed it to the back of his mind and turned around in time to witness the two great magics above faced off only to both fade as the two djinni each took a step back. Zion heaved a breath of relief and summoned up a gust beneath his feet.

Zion floated upwards to Sollas' side and marveled at the fading orbs. Now that the danger had passed, the magician could appreciate the magic before his eyes. It was truly the greatest display of mastery over rukh he had witnessed to date. Awe and wonder was shown clear as day on his face as he spoke, "I must say, your magic is simply amazing. I fear I may not be up to the task of learning it." A self mocking smirk appeared on his face but it quickly shifted into a genuine smile. "I've asked you to stand against your family. It must not have been easy. Thank you, Sollas." Zion placed his hand on the young demi-djinn's shoulder and gave a solemn nod. "If there is ever something I can do for you, say the word. I will descend into a sea of flames or climb a mountain of blades at your request." The declaration a promise that Zion knew the weight of this debt and was determined to repay it.

The pair of light blue eyes then turned down towards Father and the vision displayed for all to see. A sky of darkness, golden lights that stood in defiance, the forms of figures who sacrificed everything to become djinn, their failure and the rebirth of a new world that carried on the hopes of the fallen. These images flooded Zion's consciousness and left him feeling hollowed out. It was a deep sadness and yet no tears would flow. It was a strange sensation. "Was that...real?" Zion murmured to himself in disbelief. Yet something primal within told him this was no final deception. The vision was an unknown truth of the world. How could that man known as "Father" possibly know these secrets if that were true? The question made Zion feel a whole new sensation of terror towards the cane wielding enigma's identity. He had called himself "The Contractor" but what did that even mean? Zion shook his head feeling that he could not possibly parse the truth with the facts he held currently. This was a mystery to be solved another day.

Instead, he turned his gaze once more to the three who competed over the Divine Stave. Among them, Noir was the one he knew most. The other woman was no stranger to Zion, he had seen her character on display in Asmoday. The third contestant was a man whom Zion had never seen before today. Between them he could not say for certain who was best suited to take possession of the magical object, but he stood there in the air next to his new friend showing no sign of leaving just yet. If Sollas bade him to depart, he would follow. After all, he was eager to begin study on this new and powerful magic type. But if the demi-djinn was in no rush to leave, Zion would remain and bare witness to how this struggle over the Divine Stave played out.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he saw the happenings of the said event. It was as if the reflection of the Black Sky was in his eyes. But he was not shocked no he just did not have time to worry about that. After all. If he truly was needed to help then he too would be a king candidate and whatnot. As he looked on all he could do is a wonder, just what in the world was going on? Or better yet what will happen? These are the same visions he saw the last time in that Tower Of Power. But why here why now? Just who was the old man and to be frank. He was going to give up on the stave. But something told him it may be more important than not. As he looked on at the other two. A smile would come across his face.

"My oh my Tales of New and tales of Old Heroes come and Heroes go Nations fall and Nations Grow. No matter the outcome you lots the world must go on and so must life. But that will not happen if we let that vision come to pass......You there...yes you the one with two Djinn. You have the power to lead a nation yet you act flaw in your goals of doing so. What a waste of two Djinn if that is not your goal. This is a far cry from a deadly battle that is most likely to happen to us all and no one wants that. Your ally has taken the dreadful Demi Djinn as his own and left. So you lots have gained true power and now you're just being greedy. But leaving you here means one thing. You are more than able to hold your own. But do you think this wise to fight a useless battle?" Just as he said that to her he would turn to the other. " The same goes for you I can not leave here empty-handed if combat is our only option then so be it. But remember, this I did not start the fire. Taking his left hand he would use his staff to cast Speed Of Mercury:Ghost as lightning formed around him he was all set. "Please I say this once allow me to leave this place with what is mine. If not then you two shall receive a first-hand experience of what is to come of this world.

Notes
Spoiler:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

'The Contractor...?' Noir would take a note of the Father's actual identity for now. But for now, she had to tend to something more important because... it was that vision again. The one she saw many times, the one where black-colored hands made of liquid tearing up the sky. But this one seemed different, there was a whole story in there. This was probably what happened in ancient times and somehow told them how a Djinn was created. She knew that all the Djinns she encountered were all coming from the past...

The magician was smart enough to tell that the rising kings wield a darker power, opposite what she and the other king's candidate had. She wondered if this was a premonition, a warning sign that soon... the world would be engulfed in darkness once again.

It was to be expected to see other people wanted to have the stave as well. But she certainly didn't appreciate the words coming from Ghost's mouth. He claimed Noir was greedy and the stave is his, not only that, his knowledge about the Djinn itself was...bad? Yet he dared to speak about it in front of Noir who had been working hard to find ancient knowledge. Yes, the magician hated a smart ass.

The man who was standing on her left even attempted to attack her and Zubaidah, so she would get her borg ready to protect the other woman who was standing on her right side. However, what happened next would make Noir, for the first time ever in her life, couldn't help but to think that someone should know better about their own place. Ghost had failed to cast his spell, making it look like an empty threat.

The black-haired girl remembered what Sollas had said to her. That something she earn could be better than the things she had been given. So now was the time to earn it, but as she infused some magoi to her staff and pointed it with her hand towards Ghost, she would say, "You have to earn it if you want to claim it. Besides... how can I give this divine stave to someone who can't even use a spell properly? You might not even be able to utilize it..." She said with an emotionless face, "As seekers of knowledge, I believe Miss Zubadiah or myself are more worthy to claim this stave. That is why... I will earn it. Palla Cimatico." She created a vibrating orb and scaled it 1 time before casting another spell right away, using life magic to create  bacteria ball and scaled it 1 time. Noir would still be holding the Divine Stave the whole time she retaliated to Ghost's failed attack.

Magoi:485/570
Stamina: 260/260

Notes:
As required by Ghost's spell, he must have some form of electricity to cast the spell. But since he didn't have and do something the create that electricity, therefore his spell failed.

Skills & Item:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he made true his threats, Father poured thick curses around Zubaidah. Her smile faltered, watching Noir fade into black whilst illusions clouded her vision. She froze into place, uncertain what was happening, before she heard a static-like voice. It sounded as if a radio had been turned to full volume within her eardrums. Then another voice. She could not even think, for the noise played over her thoughts themselves. And another voice. Soon she could not even hear the voices themselves, nor what they were screaming, just a mixture of unsettling noises.

As she was drowned within their sadness, however, Zubaidah could hear something calling from the surface. It was difficult to hear amidst the radio-static, but she pushed aside the many voices until she could feel the waves getting lighter. As she neared this new sound, her mind started to clear as well, fear and confusion fading slightly, until she was certain what she was hearing. It was her own memories, recounted to her as encouragement by the rukh themselves. Indeed, focusing on them and nothing else, she could hear voices from her past resounding about Jedidiah.

Behind herself, Zubaidah could hear her mother’s honey-sweet lullabies and her father commending her spearmanship. On her left and right, she could hear cheers from entranced Kounese audiences, proud words from Anna and Ho Lea, love-struck whispers on star-filled nights, words of encouragement from Amnet and Powehi, beers clinking in warm Reiman pubs, nomads on the Plains telling stories round the campfire, cicadas buzzing on cool Parthevian nights. She was abound with these happy memories, deafening the voices from Father’s curse.

As all the noise faded away, however, one voice remained behind. Every person is a star. It took her some time to realise that it was her own. A star can shine bright or dim. She had said these words to many people, but she had never considered them herself. How bright will you shine?

As she pondered upon these words, Jedidiah transformed into a blue and gold marketplace. It seemed that the illusion reflected her inner desires to shine bright, the Sun smiling down over merchants and customers. Watching her wants and thoughts paint over the Dungeon, Zubaidah observed Father’s creation with a disturbed heart. After all, it seemed that the Djinn had once shone bright, but been drowned in darkness. If they had not been enough to fight back against Il Illah, how could Zubaidah stand a chance? As she thought these things, the marketplace began to waver like a desert mirage and the Sun lost its brightness.

No, that was why she had to shine bright herself. If she could shine bright as well, just as Noir and Jahangir, Zubaidah would inspire others to become beacons of hope. She knew that Alma Torran had fallen, but that did not mean their world would fall as well. She just needed something that could inspire hope in their hearts, staving off the despair and misery that fed Il Illah.

Could this divine stave be the key?

'I cannot say whether I deserve this divine stave more than either of you.' She could show stories to inspire the people. 'I cannot even say whether I deserve this at all.' She could entertain them in less hopeful moments. 'But I can say that I have need of it.' She could lift the people’s hearts when they were down!

'I came here as a distraction, I must admit. This was an exercise in escapism from my own problems, the pressures of leadership. But this stave here? This can grant escape from the miseries that my people experience, that the people of the world experience.'

'We should not argue over who deserves this more, for everyone deserves it equally.' Even as Noir and Ghost dived at each other's throats, Zubaidah would attempt to reason with them both. 'I would request this because I believe that I could use it best, where it might otherwise be used simply for its power.'

Zubaidah's Items:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he saw her start to wave her magic. As if a motion of danger started to overcome him. Ghost could feel his Borg trying to activate. This was odd indeed as he went toe to toe with many beings and not once did they have him use his borg right off back. Just who was this magician no what was this person? As he let go of the stave Ghost would race away. As her incoming attacks were not as much a threat. But he could feel the way she held on to that stave it was not going to be let go no time soon. It was as if she did not take kindly to his words. As he jumped away he would be facing the portal out of there. But it was not over yet. As he looked back at her he would then say. "See if you were more like this then there would be no need for that trail in Vine. I am glad you not only have the mind of a killer but the guts of one. So I will leave you with this."

As he started to walk away he would say "Even though you misjudged my intentions of the moon today. The sun will always come out tomorrow and tomorrow is a bring a new day and it doesn't know right from wrong and that is why we are here Noir and Zub because well we do. That goes for you all as well...Forgive me for my lack of common sense. But I shall take my leave." Just as he said that he would be on his way as he race out at lighting blind speed. Going through the portal and escaping a losing battle omg what  happened to Ghost?

Speed Of Ghost:Mercury
Tier: A
Class: Magician
Type: supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The User must have some form of electricity.
Scaling: Duration
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40/20
Description:

The user will engulf himself with lightning magic. This magical lightning coat will allow him to move at A-tier speed comparable to that of a Fanalis, The character can now move like a blur across short distances and move fast enough to run along walls. so long as he is covered within this coat of lightning. This ability lasts for 4 posts.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As the magician made her resolve, she would grip the stave harder, using all of her strength to hold it. What the man said only burnt the fire inside of her more, fuelling her determination. For a stranger to say something like that to her was unpleasant. Did she really give off that kind of impression to other people? But then, hearing Zubaidah's words only made her eyes widen in surprise. Because, unlike the strange man, the woman gave her a reason, a valid one if she had to say. That was why Noir had to make things clear as well.

“I do understand what you mean, for you and I possibly share the same vision and interest. However…” Noir paused for a second as she turned to see Zubaidah, resolve could be found within her stare. This was what she wanted, this was what she felt could make her feel complete as Noir The Magician, and then she would move on to the next chapter of her book of life. As her conquest of self-worth was finished, she would begin to search for something more intimate, which was the truth… about everything. “My ability to communicate with the rukh as a magician will allow me to utilize the stave to its maximum potential… Gaining this divine stave will help me to move on to the next chapter of my life and I know I need it. It wouldn’t be used just because of its power, but for the meaning it held and the history behind it. As a magician, this would be my greatest achievement.”

Noir shifted her gaze towards the stave, continuing her words. “You saw the vision, those dark hands… I want to prevent that so this world wouldn't have to experience the same thing and I believe this stave would help me to do that. That is why…” The magician stepped back, but her grip got stronger on the stave as she pulled it with her. “I will claim the stave." Noir might lose a friend today just because of something they both wanted, the Divine Stave. It would be sad, but the black-haired girl had to choose...

Trait:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

‘Do you not fall into the same category?’ If she was honest, Zubaidah had expected something more from Noir. ‘Where that man wanted this for power, you want it for knowledge.’ She had looked towards her as a scholastic paragon, affirmed through Ipos and Gamigin. ‘Now I cannot claim that I haven’t sought out power and knowledge.’ It seemed, however, that she was too bound into those scholarly pursuits. ‘But I have learnt something important about them both.’ Zubaidah was reluctant to admit that she had learnt something from Ipos, but perhaps she had.

‘Both should be used for the sake of others.’

‘If you take this stave for yourself, however, you take it away from others.’

‘You claim that you want to divert the future we have seen for our world…’ She met Noir’s resolve with her own fairy-like gaze. ‘…but a world long-past was doomed even with others working together.’ Where her eyes were playful, her words were anything else. ‘There can be no hope for us here and now if we cannot even do that.’ As she spoke, she moved her free hand onto Noir's arm, gentle but certain, and began resonating with her rukh. ‘So you might see the rukh.’ Zubaidah listened to her hopes and dreams, exciting the rukh around them both. ‘But I can hear yours.’

‘And what I hear is someone who doesn’t even want to work together with me.’
Solomon's Empathy:

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he held the man in his arms, he watched the last contenders quarrel over the mysterious staff and listened to their words. It kept his mind off what had transpired. It caused him to drift into thoughts deep within his mind.

The scene was not unlike any other he had seen before. In small doses, the Corvus had once been the same at their core before his mother stepped onto a third path. The young fanalis knew that between them, there would be no winner in their contest. He knew he did not deserve such a boon in his state, nor if he ever would in his lifetime. Yet neither did he feel the two of them were worthy of it. For each had her own selfish reasons and pliant minds susceptible to corruption.

Safe for him to say, he couldn’t place not even a baseless trust in either of them.

“You should leave the staff here where it belongs,” said Phobos, lifting Top Hat to crutch upon his shoulder. They were to leave this place, for nothing was left for them here. “If our world is as doomed as you speak then that is just a fate we will have to face when it comes.”

“And if that power is as old as you claim, it wasn’t meant for the likes of us. My mother would say the same. Even a djinn in the wrong hands will lead to ruin and the both of you just let evil walk out through the door with no protest. To claim you have the good of the world in your interests is shameful.”

Just the thought of the man churned and twisted the growing hatred within him. His skin, still glistened with a golden light — a dormant power deep inside that kept the ocean of his soul confined in its gilded cage. This sunlit flesh shone even brighter and a presence of calm warmth blanketed his mind. He knew a devil when he saw one. They never looked quite like those depicted in books but in fact, they looked just like anyone else.

As a last exhausted breath fades from his lungs, he turns from them to depart from this place. Yet in a few words, he speaks before his leave:

“I hope whatever choices the both of you make won’t bring us closer to darker times. May the moon guide your hearts.”

[ exit ]

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"The power and the knowledge I've gained are certainly not used for myself in a selfish way, rather... in a selfless way, ideally speaking." The magician recalled all the time she gave it all to help other people, such as helping Yoshiro to reclaim his throne and stopping the civil war. The other time she also used her knowledge to build a manor on the plains as a library for people who needed it. If Zubaidah could read memory from Noir's rukh, she would be able to listen to all of it.

"Even though the amount of time we've spent towards each other wouldn't be enough to call our relationship a friendship, but I really do think of you as a dear friend." Noir would close her eyes as she continued to speak, "And it pained me to think that we might not be friends anymore just because of this Divine Stave, similar to what happened in the past," Noir recalled that day when she was able to win Dantalion's power, at the cost of her relationship with a friend who also wanted it. But that made the magician wonder about one thing, that probably would benefit the two of them. "You've mentioned working together, so why don't we claim this stave together? Then we'll see what we can do together with it."

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

‘I am sorry for doubting you…’ As she resonated with Noir, the rukh murmured good deeds into Zubaidah’s ears. ‘It feels like the entire world has been against me recently.’ She withdrew her hand from Noir’s arm, rubbing her sore shoulders instead. ‘Indeed, it seems that the world has turned against itself.’ She considered Phobos’ words, wondering whether the young man was wiser than his years suggested, but reached the same conclusion in her own way. ‘But if you consider me a friend, that should be enough for me.’

‘We need friends more than ever in such a topsy-turvy world.’

With a satisfied exhale, Zubaidah released the stave and began stretching her cramped hand and arm. ‘Your grip is super strong, you know?’ She started laughing, soft but certain, as if realising how stupid their argument had been. ‘I’m glad that words are my strength, because I doubt I could wrest that stave from your grip.’ Staring towards Jedidiah's exit, she considered how things might have gone wrong, before casting aside any doubts. ‘Well then, time to make our leave, huh?’ As she continued smiling, the pain in her shoulder began lessening, as if smiles were cure enough. ‘What say you…’

‘Friend?’

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"I understand where the doubt came from." Noir would put a hand on the woman's shoulder, wanting to give her a reassuring touch. "You are right, a good friend is very important nowadays. And..." The magician blushed, she didn't notice that her grip on the stave was so strong. She loosened her grip a little bit as she turned her face away from Zubaidah, feeling embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I didn't notice the amount of strength I'm using some time. Especially because I wasn't this physically strong before."

The golden-eyed girl cleared her throat before shiting her gaze towards the plum=haired woman again, now with a slight smile on her face. "Indeed, let's leave together." The magician would offer her hand to Zubaidah, wanting to leave the realm by holding hands together, symbolizing their camaraderie.

"Let's find out about the stave after we get out from here, shall we?"

[exit]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Working together?"

Hyperion's mood would only deflate more and more as he witnessed the events unfold. The burst of excitement at Noir's intention to possess the artifact had given him hope. However, despite Noir's resolve to keep what was hers, his own rival seemed to back away from the battle. Perhaps, sensing Hyperion's desire to free Noir's base urges.

Hyperion did seem to learn a bit more about Ghost this time. Someone he would actually need to be wary of despite not having noticed his strength in the past. But when it came to Zubaidah, a woman he had recalled with quite some distaste, it seemed as if Noir would reel back her intention to battle... in fact... there wasn't even a qualm to settle. It had seemed as if the two were intent on splitting it's possession.

"Hard times create strong people, strong people create good times, good times create weak people, and weak people create hard times."

Hyperion could only speak of his own values but he could only describe their hope for peace and friendship as weakness that could only lead up into repeating the prophecy they feared.

[Exit]

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zion was surprised at how the contest for the stave concluded. At one moment tensions had been boiling over and then then next all potential for conflict seemed to have dissolved. The youth made a funny smile. He reached out one slender hand. He wanted to call out to Noir. To ask her about home. But the fellow Magnostadt magician was already leaving. The reaching hand fell helpless at his side as he watched her leave with the two others. There would be time to chase her down and ask about things later. For now, the storm kitsune turned his gaze to Sollas. He could not very well ditch the boy after all. "Come on, we should leave too." Smiling at his new friend, Zion rode the tempestuous winds around him and flew towards the gate.

-Exit-

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Father would snicker, it really wasn’t in his nature to react such a way but being part of a whole did infect him. Still his plans were those of his own. even Jed had his own say. Sollas he trusted because of that free will. Still fear did run through him, not everything always went as planned but still there was a job. For him this day. He was just an herb to flavor the soup. He could do what he could to bring things together.

“I hope they all like their gifts. I did put some time into making them.” He would say, twirling a white hourglass around. Copies just like it he had made, but for those of white rukh their sands were marine, those of dark had fired rock within theirs. The hourglass wasn’t just a way to keep time. It was a symbol of repetitive change. He hoped they’d use theirs’ well. He would hold onto his for a bit.

Out of his pocket came out. Another time trinket, this one was a small clock. Of black and gold, a pocket watch that seemed to hold rukh inside of it. ”Hopefully I don’t have to give his to anyone, its the only way I’ll be able to understand everything. If only you didn’t hold up so many walls old man…” He could only see how the birds of aurum and onyx. The dance of the soul intrigued him, he knew someone who would love to see it as well.

What he didn’t know how much of him was him or was the we, or the sick machinations of a broken soul. There was no way to make sense of it, but they could make sense of the world. Never did have such ideals, but revenge could push someone to that point.

While the contestants of Jed would enjoy their new toys there would be a closer of this chapter. Still, Father and Sollas still had more to say, They still had more to see.

Jedidiah The Great Living City [NoM/April Fools/Event] - Page 3 9ed5484503ed116f7bc9b9d81c55edba

Jedidiah The Great Living City [NoM/April Fools/Event] - Page 3 6c4fb5ef32c2ef1fb41ac8a1ce5e57e3

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum