1Evil Professions Empty Evil Professions 29/03/22, 11:46 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Primary Profession
Related Class: Magician
Profession Title: Master
Description: Hyperion has been a slave and now has other slaves. Having joined the Black Spiders, Hyperion has become an expert in slavery.
Profession Perks:
  • Lords.
    A Master is a lord of lords; in charge of those that rule. A master is able to trust the slaves that he has raised and promoted with full autonomy in his best interest.
    A Masters Combat NPCs may be roleplayed without the Master being in the thread, restricted to same country board as the Master.

• Cultivation
    When slavery has become such a risk, a Master values quality over quantity. A m=Master spends the proper resources to refine the skills and expertise of their slaves.
    Combat NPCs may be trained by the Master to increase their trait points, restricted to a maximum of one additional trait point per combat NPC.

• Education
    A Master trains and educates their slaves in their specialities as they become more valuable, giving them more variety in their utility.
    Combat NPCs may be trained by the Overlord to increase their number of abilities by one, restricted to a maximum of one additional ability.

• The Cusp of Depravity
    A Masters slaves teeter on the edge of filling to the black rukh, and the Overlord knows just what button to push to bring them over the edge.
    Can bring the Black Rukh counter up by one, once per thread, must have a slave NPC in thread.

Secondary Profession
Profession Title: Saboteur
Description: Hyperion has chosen the line of Saboteur after his experiences in Kina. Sabotaging the enemy clans for his own benefit and plans was a natural extension of himself.

Profession Perks:
  • False Identity
    A Saboteur must infiltrate groups and organizations and if renowned, it would serve as a severe impediment, by being the right person at the right time, it would serve to be able to join. They can forge numerous documents and wear a disguise.
    Is able to join one additional faction while using a false identity.

• Con Artist
    To be a true Saboteur, one must be in complete control of their own charisma. Being able to deceive and persuade people as needed with precision
    A Saboteur specializes in charming people through deception with their abundant charisma.

• Tactics
    A Saboteur has several plans in how to impede the success of other, under varying criteria and goals, such as forgery, impersonation, planted evidence, blackmail and more, as well as the hiding their evidence or finding evidence of others crimes.
    A saboteur has expertise in various forms of sabotage and identifying them. Used for plot purposes.

Tertiary Profession
Profession Title: Usurer
Description: Hoarding vast wealth as a slaver, he's planning to leverage his wealth into more wealth, or perhaps something shadier.

Profession Perks:
  • Legality
    A usurer is works within the confines of the law, and is given special privileges, or at the very least has a blind eye from the law, when it comes to collecting their debts
    Able to collect debts by any means necessary without making enemies of their country. If used for plot, must have three threads with intended target, with a maximum of one person at a time. Jobs and Professions guide for reward. Plot mod can supersede any aspect.

• Break Your Legs.
    A usurer is known by their many methods of collecting their debts. There are stories of debtors having their knees broken, trafficked into slavery, having their organs harvested, tortured, being killed or even having what they hold most dear targeted. These stories and rumors place additional weight to their threats.
    A usurer specializes in intimidation.

• Predator
    A usurer is best suited to loaning money to the most vulnerable demographics, if someone is able to pay their debts without a curing interest, there is no benefit. But when someone isn't able to pay their debts, they will have leverage over them
    A usurer can identify people who are vulnerable.

Last edited by Hyperion Tol Baelsar on 08/04/22, 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 05/04/22, 09:09 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

you mind changing the overlord bit? naming wise...you can literally name it anything else but that.

Cultivation: that's a powerful indication since the npc will be receiving an extra point. How will you go about this? What is the wc limit for the training? Is the series of missions or a special mission for the training? The training is mentioned but now how you will go about it.

Education: See above

The Cusp of Depravity: Whats the restrictions of this? Can it only be active if you have an available npc you control is in the thread?

False identity: For those that would bother to investigate you like a spy organization that you are trying to join, what would be the result of that? Is there any difficulties of joining an organization at all under the false identity regardless or not a background check is initiated? I don't recall if there is a limit to how many you can be apart of. If not, while using a false identity, i need to see a limit as to how many organizations you can join with this perk.

Tactics: What is the limitations of tactics? If someone procs a political assassination after dropping 500k via faction shop, can you meta your way out of it with this single perk? I'd like to know the specifics of how much you are able to prevent and or identify at a glance.

Legality: How are these debts obtained to begin with? are the npcs predetermined? If there is an actual huang transaction involved, what determines how much money they owe you. What's the maximum amount of money that can be owed to you? How many times can you make a collection per month?

Break Your Legs: Once the questions of legality are answered, the nature of this perk might change. When revisited, how would the intimidation coincide with your collections? Even though you are trying to negate country backlash, what happens if your target is a high-profile target? (royalty or a high-level political figure?)

Predator: probably should've introduced this perk first. It should center around the ability to choose the targets who would even take ur loan in the iirst place. In addition to that, should detail who could be considered as an appropriate target, and other what method can that relationship be established (missions or wc etc...)

3Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 05/04/22, 10:44 am

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Master

Cultivation and Education
Examples where no one has made increased word counts for such benefits, so I don't see that it would be fair for me to have increased word counts when other have not.

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11761-bounty-hunter#63364
- Tools of the Trade
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t7978-ani-s-profession#43037
- Specialization Breeding

Cusp of Depravity
- "Can bring the Black Rukh counter up by one, once per thread"
Added that there must be a slave owned by the Master.

False Identity
What a spy organization does to verify me would be an RP.
Clarified what the false identity entails.
- "Is able to join one additional faction while using a false identity."

Tactics

- Not sure how you want me to change this, this is an information perk, like many others. Professions have always been essentially social level perks. I don't see why there should be any limit on identification. On an assassination attempt, it depends on the assassination attempt. I didn't say anything about prevention. It's common sense that a person would be able to recognize things related to their job.

Examples

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11761-bounty-hunter
- World renown Tracker
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11247-assassin-hunter-tokoro-s-profession
- Tracker
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9537-diana-corvus-profession-redo
- Lie Detector
- Wildlife Logs

Legality
- The debts are from my profession, lending money. The only way to earn money is through doing jobs, in which NPCs will be created.

Brutality
- Not changing.
You threaten people to pay their debts.
The legality perk says anything can be superseded by plot mods.

Predator
- In other professions such as bounty hunter, I see no mention of appropriate targets or word counts. It's a profession so I would create jobs.
https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t11761-bounty-hunter
- World Renown Tracker

4Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 07/04/22, 11:53 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

ok lets see...

Well, you used me as an example but take a close look at the value of what's being exchanged. Trait Points> Trick points. That little extra flair is menial in comparison to something that is exceedingly difficult for even pcs to obtain. So i'm not biting if you're trying to use my stuff. However, if we look at ani's, it involves traits so something of equal value to what you are trying to obtain. In that particular case, he's getting a discount with breeding specialization and even though the act of breeding involves money and wc, the discount doesn't.

Alright, for fairness' sake, you don't have to train for it. I'll walk that back.

Tactics: Ok, wanted to clarify the prevention part. I only look ahead at practicality and potential uses. I haven't seen it in action yet which is why I brought it up. I'd rather you tell me the intentions of the perk instead of guessing what its for, so this was all clarification.

Legality: What is the maximum amount of money that you can obtain during your loanshark business? It doesn't have to be a regular job, it could be a professional job, a special mission, or even an epic quest. In those cases, those specific cases, what is the maximum amount of money would a person owe you when you are preparing to collect?

Brutality: If it's within the discretion of the plot mod in regards to who owes you money and if it warrants a mod's presence, then alright.

Predator: You list world-renown tracker a couple of times as if I'm being unfair, but that's not the case or my intentions behind what I said earlier. The one resource that doesn't depreciate at any level of the gameplay here is huang, and this profession has the potential to make a lot of huang. So when targets are mentioned for having a hook, you linked the wrong example. In the essence of what you are trying to do, this is more appropriate.

Drug Lord- Morphomanic:
Spoiler:

Some of these people are prominent figures and I had to do at least two threads with them to land a hook. This is an example of a thread/wc dedicated to obtaining a target and hook on a product. For me it's drugs, for you, it's your loan. The result for me is favors, for you, it's the interest on the loan. That's where I'm coming from, just so we are clear.

Now if these are just small-time loans and you have no intention of making big money down the line, we can stop here, and ill even walk back the legality bit if all you're ever gonna make is what's listed in job rewards. However, if that's not the case, yes, I do need a prerequisite of you establishing the relationship before you collect. I have done this before myself, that's more similar to this perk than using wanted ads from the bounty hunter bit.

5Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 08/04/22, 10:23 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

My intention for usurer is jobs and professions in terms of huang, but I do want the possibility of using it for plot. Made changes to legality to make it similar to morphiomaniacs, while keeping a huang limit prescribed by Jobs and Professions.

Tactics states it's used for plot purposes.

6Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 11/04/22, 02:07 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1/2

7Evil Professions Empty Re: Evil Professions 18/04/22, 09:03 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

2/2
Unfortunately I lack the mod powers to move this thread to the appropriate board just yet. Will do so once able.

Code:
[center][u][b]Primary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Related Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Master
[b]Description:[/b] Hyperion has been a slave and now has other slaves. Having joined the Black Spiders, Hyperion has become an expert in slavery.
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list][*][b]Lords.[/b]
A Master is a lord of lords; in charge of those that rule. A master is able to trust the slaves that he has raised and promoted with full autonomy in his best interest.
[i]A Masters Combat NPCs may be roleplayed without the Master being in the thread, restricted to same country board as the Master. [/i]

[*][b]Cultivation[/b]
When slavery has become such a risk, a Master values quality over quantity. A m=Master spends the proper resources to refine the skills and expertise of their slaves.
[i]Combat NPCs may be trained by the Master to increase their trait points, restricted to a maximum of one additional trait point per combat NPC.[/i]

[*][b]Education[/b]
A Master trains and educates their slaves in their specialities as they become more valuable, giving them more variety in their utility.
[i]Combat NPCs may be trained by the Overlord to increase their number of abilities by one, restricted to a maximum of one additional ability.[/i]

[*][b]The Cusp of Depravity[/b]
A Masters slaves teeter on the edge of filling to the black rukh, and the Overlord knows just what button to push to bring them over the edge.
[i]Can bring the Black Rukh counter up by one, once per thread, must have a slave NPC in thread.[/i]

[/list]

[center][u][b]Secondary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Saboteur
[b]Description:[/b] Hyperion has chosen the line of Saboteur after his experiences in Kina. Sabotaging the enemy clans for his own benefit and plans was a natural extension of himself.

[list][*][b]False Identity[/b]
A Saboteur must infiltrate groups and organizations and if renowned, it would serve as a severe impediment, by being the right person at the right time, it would serve to be able to join. They can forge numerous documents and wear a disguise.
[i]Is able to join one additional faction while using a false identity.[/i]

[*][b]Con Artist[/b]
To be a true Saboteur, one must be in complete control of their own charisma. Being able to deceive and persuade people as needed with precision
[i]A Saboteur specializes in charming people through deception with their abundant charisma.[/i]

[*][b]Tactics[/b]
A Saboteur has several plans in how to impede the success of other, under varying criteria and goals, such as forgery, impersonation, planted evidence, blackmail and more, as well as the hiding their evidence or finding evidence of others crimes.
[i]A saboteur has expertise in various forms of sabotage and identifying them. Used for plot purposes.[/i]

[/list]

[center][u][b]Tertiary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Usurer
[b]Description:[/b] Hoarding vast wealth as a slaver, he's planning to leverage his wealth into more wealth, or perhaps something shadier.

[list][*][b]Legality[/b]
A usurer is works within the confines of the law, and is given special privileges, or at the very least has a blind eye from the law, when it comes to collecting their debts
[i]Able to collect debts by any means necessary without making enemies of their country.  If used for plot, must have three threads with intended target, with a maximum of one person at a time. Jobs and Professions guide for reward. Plot mod can supersede any aspect.[/i]

[*][b]Break Your Legs.[/b]
A usurer is known by their many methods of collecting their debts. There are stories of debtors having their knees broken, trafficked into slavery, having their organs harvested, tortured, being killed or even having what they hold most dear targeted. These stories and rumors place additional weight to their threats.
[i]A usurer specializes in intimidation.[/i]

[*][b]Predator[/b]
A usurer is best suited to loaning money to the most vulnerable demographics, if someone is able to pay their debts without a curing interest, there is no benefit. But when someone isn't able to pay their debts, they will have leverage over them
[i]A usurer can identify people who are vulnerable.[/i]

[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum