A Fool Opens His Eyes | With Constantine

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As evening coaxed the Sun into slumber, Zubaidah and Constantine cosied themselves within an abandoned Reiman outpost. After their travels across the Western frontier, they were nearing the southern Reiman port-towns where Zubaidah wished to cross into Heliohapt. There had been some delays, however, since Constantine had advised that they steer clear of Sasan and its border-towns. Indeed, despite their best efforts, it seemed that Sassanid forces had caught wind of their location. As such, they had chosen a particular Reiman outpost where they might rest and prepare themselves for the upcoming battle.

Indeed, once evening had covered the tawny skies, white and gold Sassanid banners appeared upon the far-off horizon. As they neared their location, Zubaidah called for Constantine and discussed their preparations, arming themselves as best they could. Indeed, within less than a minute, they were surrounded with Sassanid knights, pointing swords and lances towards them both.

It seems that brother Geranot wasn’t joking.’ One man made his way through the armed ranks, towering over his fellow Sassanids, sleep resting within his eyes. ‘It had to be you, Arthur.’ He snarled towards Arthur, out-matching the man with his height, and looked down upon the Sassanid newcomer.

I’ve missed you, brother Constantine.

Ah, pardon,’ A smile came upon his relaxed expression, light and airy, as if clouds within a dream. ‘I mean, former brother Constantine, of course.

What have you come here for, Arthur.

I just wanted to see what little Constantine was doing, that’s all.’ He toyed around with Constantine, smiling all the time. ‘Am I not allowed that?

As if you ever cared for me.

No, I suppose you’re right.

I never did.

You know what position I have now?’ He stepped towards Constantine, a yawn breaking his smile. ‘I’m an apprentice to Leon, just like you were.

But unlike you, I don’t intend to lose my position for some woman.’ A scowl came upon Constantine’s face when he heard Arthur disrespect Zubaidah, his golden cheeks painted with anger. ‘Ah, you don’t like that?’ Arthur took another step towards Constantine, chuckling with resentment more than humour. ‘I find that amusing.

You didn’t care when I discounted your connections with Sasan and lord Leon,’ He began losing the smiles and laughter that had graced his expression, replacing them with stony-faced indignation. ‘But you cared when I insulted this woman of yours.

She is not mine.

Then whose is she?

She is nobody’s.

How about I take her for myself then?’ As he stepped towards Zubaidah, Constantine placed one hand upon his sword-belt and snarled, ‘You would not dare.

I wouldn’t dare what?

You say that she bested you, right?

At least, that’s the story you told brother Geranot.

Well, I think you’ve just grown weak.

Constantine stared straight into Arthur’s eyes and growled like a wild beast,

Then let me show you just how strong I am.
200/200 | word/1000 | 315/315

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 07/02/22, 06:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Constantine rushed towards Arthur with lion-like growling, sands pooling into hands as a two-metre lance. Arthur dipped and weaved right as Constantine was about to reach him, smashing his back with Wakeup. As she felt the impact, Zubaidah changed her attention towards Arthur, but she was distracted with Sassanid knights advancing from all sides.

Not seeing Constantine stand again, Zubaidah grew worried that Arthur had dealt serious damage upon Constantine. A roar from behind convinced Zubaidah that Constantine had recovered, however, catching sight of dirt and sand falling from his back onto the stone below.

Indeed, in the next moment, Constantine launched himself towards Arthur once more, pouncing towards a mirage created from Dopple Dream. He tore through the mirage with A Tier strength, moving onto the real Arthur, but he was interrupted when Sleep Walking rippled across the battlefield.

You’re just as weak as ever.’ Arthur’s voice echoed around the entire illusion, carried upon wind and birdsong. ‘You could not hope to face me in single combat.’ A chuckle sounded from behind Constantine, but he stood unflinching. ‘It is good that I am not alone then.

A spear pierced through the area behind Constantine, causing cracks to form within Arthur’s dreamscape. ‘Damn that woman...’ As the cracks and groans increased, Zubaidah emerged from the other side, a smile upon her scarlet lips. ‘You called?

She tossed a red-coloured poleaxe towards Constantine, sending a Stabbing Talon towards Arthur at the same time. As he attempted to activate Somnium Tempestas, his sword was struck with these shadows before Constantine rushed towards him with a Red Oxe Charge. As he did so, Zubaidah buried her spear within the ground, somersaulting away from Arthur and Constantine with a graceful El’him Form.

How did you beat me…’ He might have said that Constantine was alone, but Arthur was the one who was truly alone, abandoned by his fellow Sassanids. ‘Because I fight for the betterment of myself and Sasan.

You fight for nobody but yourself.

What’ll you do to me then, huh?’ He spoke with wheezes and coughs, his body wracked with bruises, but a smile remained upon his face. ‘Interrogate me? Torture me? Kill me?

His smile disappeared with Constantine’s response.

Send you back to Sasan.
300/340 mag | 860/2000 | 360/390 stam

Abilities Used:

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 07/02/22, 07:31 pm; edited 7 times in total

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

As Constantine watched Arthur limp away from them, a question came upon Zubaidah's mind. ‘Why do you fight, Constantine?’ With purple locks flying in the mountain wind, Zubaidah asked that simple question amidst the swords and spears. ‘I fight for king and country, milady.’

I suppose that I expected that answer…’ She seated herself atop some rubble, staring into the bright-eyed sun. ‘Answer me this then,’ As she stared, the sun was made grey with clouds and the sky lost its brilliance, ‘Have you fought for yourself before?’

I am uncertain what you want me to answer.’

You have sacrificed everything for Xerxes.’ He could see Zubaidah grip her spear tight enough that her knuckles turned white. ‘You are a servant to one master, bound by Sassanid laws and rules.’ As he watched and listened, his expression was torn between regret and indignity, saddened that Zubaidah was pained on his behalf. ‘I am no servant, Zubaidah! I made vows to my liege Xerxes and Sasan itself. It cannot be called servitude, if I was willing.’

Why did you make those vows?’

I made those vows because it was expected of me!’

I see, it was expected of you…’

What of it, milady?’

So did you make those vows of your own accord or did you acquiesce to their expectations?’ She turned towards him, showing Constantine that any smile was faded from her oft-happy expression. ‘Are you making this a question of free will, milady?’ He softened his voice when he saw Zubaidah, something twisting inside his gut. ‘Not at all, Constantine.’

I am saying that you have lived a life for others.’

You speak for others.’

You fight for others.’

You live for others.’

Be it your country, your king or your fellow knights, you have done everything for them.’

How might I act otherwise?!’ He raised his voice slightly, indignity outweighing regret in the moment. ‘Do you want me to act on every whim and wish?’ When he realised this, he reigned his emotions back within his chest, using all the strength he could muster. ‘Should I become some selfish creature, pleasing myself alone?’

I think that you do not understand the heart of this issue…’

You do not know what wishes you have. She moved her gaze from the sun-tinged sky towards Constantine himself. ‘I do not understand, Zubaidah…’ She gazed into his eyes and he saw a resolve within them that he had scarce seen before. ‘You cannot be selfish, if you do not know yourself.’ There was no pity or regret within them, not like there had been before.

I am Constantine! Yes, I am Xerxes’ chosen, a man of Sasan, a knight, a priest...’

Then who are you now?’

Yes, you are Constantine.’

But where is Xerxes?’

Where is Sasan?’

If you have neither, are you not Constantine?’

I do not understand...’ He looked back at Zubaidah, searching for any meaning in her amber eyes. ‘You must find out who you are yourself, Constantine.’ He could not understand whether he wanted answers or just reassurance. ‘Find out what you believe in yourself.’

And where shall we go?’

Zubaidah hesitated, breaking her gaze away from Constantine.

I will not, no, I cannot go with you…’

But what of my penance?!’ His walls crumbled, letting loose the emotions he had kept pent-up within his chest. ‘I have no need to continue that farce.’ He was taken aback, his rage and passions retreating before coming back with full force.

How dare you deride me in this manner, Zubaidah! I care naught for your attitude on the knight’s code, but I cannot have you reduce our friendship into - ’

Constantine hesitated, not realising why he had just that word 'friendship’ in relation to Zubaidah.

Do you understand now?’

And then it became clear to him, just as light illuminating a lone mountain-side.

For us both, these bonds of penance were changed into ones of friendship a long while ago…’

Then why will you not go with me?!’ He could feel his emotions rushing from his mouth like an avalanche, rage turning into sadness as he admitted his feelings for the first time since childhood. ‘I have a place I must go, but it is not somewhere to which you should simply follow, Constantine.’ As she felt his words, she could not contain herself anymore, tears welling within her amber eyes.

But why must you leave so soon?’

What is there which could warrant such import?’

Where must you go?’

He could not even meet her gaze, bronze streaks falling onto the ground. But she stepped forwards. As he looked towards dirt and stone, she stepped forwards and embraced him. She held him tighter than she had held anyone in her life, and just let his words spill out.

I can't do this anymore...’

You can't just show me how bad my life was...’

You can't show me how good life can be...’

And then leave...’

She could feel their tears mingling upon her sleeves, unable to hold herself back. ‘I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, but it's something I should've done ages ago.’ As she spoke, the tears began to stop flowing from Constantine, as if stoppered with a cork. ‘It's about your home, is it not?’ He spoke soft and quiet, something uncommon for Constantine. ‘Yes, I think... I realised that I miss it.’

Then Zubaidah felt something heavy uon her head. She was confused at first but, when she looked towards Constantine, she realised that it was his hand patting her head. ‘I hope you can forgive my outburst then, my friend.’ She could not even respond, so confused she was from Constantine's action. ‘I have made you listen to my ramblings about Sasan but, all the while, I was making your home-sickness but worse, wasn’t I…’

‘You well and truly deserve to return home, and I understand that it is something that I cannot intrude upon. So please… Please forgive my rudeness.’
And then she smiled. It was not the prettiest smile, despite her pretty looks, but one filled with tears and thanks.

Don't apologise... It's my fault. I am so sorry... I am sorry that I can be selfish enough to leave you, despite this…’ He chuckled and held her shoulders in a warm embrace. ‘It is true that you are being selfish, there is no doubt, but perhaps I should not follow you either.’

He looked towards the sun-tinged sky, holding her tighter than he had held friends or family.

I must admit that I am no longer the man who left for Sasan’s crusade. I have defied my king, fought against countrymen and sided with disbelievers. Indeed, if I am being honest, I am near opposite the man whom I had been.’

But if I must find who I am now, perhaps I should search on my own.’

If I have relied upon others, perhaps I should shoulder those burdens with my strength.’

And perhaps…’ He spoke more to himself than Zubaidah. ‘I might discover what I covet as much as you covet that…’

But no, that is not for me to think about now!’

I shall have time a-plenty to ponder that question.’ He drew a wine-skin and two cups from his satchel, a grin plastered upon his golden face. ‘Instead, let us enjoy this time that we have together!’ She received his drink with false humility, before nudging him with her shoulder, showing off her grin as well.

Hear, hear, my friend!’

Then raise a toast!’

What to?’

To friends, Zubaidah.’ As they looked towards the far-off horizon, Constantine welcomed her head upon his arm and Zubaidah accepted his arm around her shoulder. ‘To friends!’
300/340 mag | 2096/2000 | 330/390

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 17/06/22, 08:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It would come in the night when the sweet delivery of dreams would come for Zubidiah during her travels. The whole inn would explode in torrential force as a giant blade would cleave through, killing some of the attendants and guests. Zub would hear a scream, a voice she had heard before coming back from the grave to kill here "SOMNIUM TEMPESTAS!" It was the source of the magic, of the giant which stood before her. Arthur had hunted her down, she stole his brother so he would steal her life.

"I have come, your nightmare becomes the truth" he would yell, his voice was trembling. He was no longer the gentle drifting giant he seemed, now the force of storm boomed from his chest. His power was great as he would try and cleave Zub with his sword. The solid illusion would sunder stone and wood easily, there was no doubt it would crush bones.

"Not just you, we will get my brother back, Constantine is being tracked as we speak. The crusades failed, Leon is coming and so is the inquisition, the faith of Sasan will stand where the corpse of failed leaders rest. People will always find power in faith, you too shall see the overwhelming might of god's chosen." A fervor, unlike his normal slowed speech, would command his spirit. Arthur was chosen to succeed Leon, and now he needed to prove why.

Dm notes: Arthur has come in the night, no matter the follow up for this thread Constantine has been targeted by the Inquisition soon to come, a giant cleave coming for you, reasonably you should be somewhere between 10-20m if he attacked the building you may choose

Arthur:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

She grimaced. Even as wood and drink flew across the inn, Zubaidah just grimaced. It was when she saw the blood mixed with the wood, however, that her grimace turned into an inhuman expression, painted with more emotion than Arthur could have ever understood.

Shut up…’ She could hear his voice distorted into fragments, each more violent than the last. ‘Shut the fuck up…’ She could not tell whether she was aiming her quiet anger towards Arthur or Ipos herself, but her violence was certainly towards the former Sassanid.

As such pouring magoi into her rust-coloured gourd, Zubaidah produced a shield made from Versatile Deserts to bear the brunt of the impact as she evaded with a Silver Slide with Graceful Airs. Moving aside from Arthur’s strike, holding her shield in front and hiding behind debris, she poured even more magoi into her Orbital Arms and Vigilant Sands at the same time, such that she was soon defended with four sand-made shields within the air.
300/340  | misc/1000 | 380/390

received D Tier damage from falling debris

alerted to another attack from Arthur’s voice

cast Versatile Deserts and created an A Tier shield

executed Silver Slide to move from the incoming Somnium attack, using the Versatile shield to prevent further damage

cast Satellite Assistance and sustained Versatile Deserts four times for four A Tier shields while behind cover

Relevant Information:

Zubaidah’s Gear:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"If you want things to quiet down, why don't you let me put you to sleep!" Arthur would roar in a raging sleepwalk. He would use two dopple dreams sending his clones towards Zub's direction. Following in suit they would each use wakeup. While they would follow in succession in an attempt to crack Zub's shell the real Arthur would act differently. The dream would begin to spread as the knight would activate his Sleepwalking. The lullaby would start around him as he began to walk closer to Zub. He would only need to get within that 10m for it to affect her.

The massive magic man marched, his feet thudding through the earth. His spells were durable, and his attacks were formidable. He would raise his sword high, beginning to speak to his foe. "You no little of what you have done, a new fear is coming to the world and we are preparing by aligning our forces, by correcting those that have damaged our cause. You can kill me here, or I can take you out and find Constantine but they'll probably find him before you have the chance to catch up. So, step up and fight me, coward!"

His taunts were partially personal but mostly to get at her. If he was going to die, he would live on by getting into her head. That was how one lived on, through the heart and mind. The physical body is what got to enjoy, but if one wanted the future they had to infect the thought. By living as fear, as an idea they would become the boogeymen to protect the future, to bring peace.

Dm notes: Arthur created two clones who have charged forth and used wakeup, remember they have the magic's passive durability as well. Arthur has activated sleepwalking and is approaching to bring Zub into it

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

She was incensed at Arthur more than ever before, but Zubaidah reined that emotion into strength. She dismissed his illusionary personas, drawing her shields closer round her body, meeting their Wakeups with metal and resolve. She used that time to cast Terea’s Wedding Veil, scaled until Arthur was moving at a snail’s pace. She would show him what herself and Constantine had found within Furcas’ halls.

With that, she then executed the twofold casting of Stabbing Talon and Song of Terea, each aimed square at Arthur. The first would launch towards his chest, while the second would emerge from beneath his feet. She was aiming solely for Arthur, her hostility focused towards the now-awake Sassanid.
260/340  | misc/1000 | 380/390

meets the illusions' Wakeups with her four A Tier shields

all shields decreased by one A Tier (200) and now have 400 durability left

manoeuvres herself with Graceful Airs to make sure the Versatile shields tank the damage

casts a scaled Terea's Wedding Veil at this time to decrease Arthur's speed

uses this delay to cast Song of Terea from one hand and Stabbing Talon from the other

Graceful Airs:

Fork of Terea:

Terea's Wedding Veil / Fork of Terea:

Night Talons:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum