3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Description:

ZUZU MANSUR

The watchful eye of the Sun glanced downwards upon the streets of Reim, so captivated by those winding roads that he forgot how to blink. Under this harsh sunlight walked a purple-haired woman, a man shading her beautiful skin with a parasol. But the man holding that parasol was no ordinary one, not at all. His naked chest shone bright, as if wrought from bronze - well, that might have been because he was actually formed out of living metal. His hair strands of finely-woven gold and his eyes gleaming silver, he was the breathing representation of luxury.

With his impressive physique, gleaming in the sunlight, he looked as though he should have been running victory laps in the Reiman games. Instead he followed this purple-haired woman, shading her head with a parasol,

‘Milady, must I suffer these fools’ stares? It is bad enough that I must act like some manservant for you - such do I bear out of my honour as a bested knight - but that these lazy asses watch me with their amused eyes is too much.

‘Oh, Conny, get over it. Anyways, with your intimidating and outlandish appearance, none of them could possibly mistake you for a manservant. More likely, they’d think you some hired brawn.

‘Is that any better, milady?!

200/200 | word/1000 | 315/315

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

S60/60
M280/280
WC243
While sitting down having some tea and planning his next move along with his apprentice Hana, the glare from a shiny shirtless man shined in his eyes. This would force the magician to shut them briefly as he could hear the two of them talking as they walked past him.  Julius couldn't help himself.
"They'd likely stop staring if your body wasn't reflecting light from the sun sir.  Instead of shading just the lady perhaps you should carry something to shade the both of you or even perhaps wear some clothing. Though I guess it would be rude of me to suggest such a thing while the Fanalis corps runs around with gold plated armor and accessories."

Hana would quickly look at her master with a fit of rage. "Master Julius! That is no way to speak to such a beautiful woman and her manservant!  It was only after she spoke that she realized she was just as rude with her comment towards the man and quickly brought her hand to her mouth covering it out of embarrassment.

Julius' eyes which were crimson read would look over to Hana then back to the couple in the street.
"Apologies for the rudeness, please allow me to pay for a cup of tea for the both of you to make up for it. said the suited man. With his stave, he'd push the empty seat across from his wave, while Hana sat to his right.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

being back in reim was a blessing. to be around her family had been something she did not know she had missed. while they had not been so excited with her return, things seemed to have calmed down.

today, she decided to take some of the little ones on a walk around the city. they had been enjoying her company and had given pluto enough of a headache. pleased, they skipped and hopped alongside her, shouting childish conversation among themselves. she never had to do or say much, they never left her side. until today—

“look! look! a shiny man!” one of them calls out.

another runs forward, hanging over their shoulder. “do you think he’s strong?”

“i don’t know! let’s go get ‘im!”

all three of them would run off towards the bronze man, jumping onto his large frame. “hey, hey! are you strong?” asks one. “he feels strong!” another shouts, squeezing his arm. “alpha! come look!” they continue to banter and giggle between themselves as they explore his foreign body.

with a couple of little lions climbing over him, she hoped the man was kind enough to forgive them. they were easily excitable and to see them so entertained, she was reluctant to stop them. an airy laugh leaves her lips and a small smile follows behind as she walks over.

“come,” she commands, her voice holding a tinge of authority to it. “leave him alone.” reluctantly, they hop off of him, running back over to diana who runs her fingers through their hair. they cling to her sides, ogling the metallized man and his companion.

she gives an apologetic look, bowing her head slightly— a habit she had picked up from kou. “i apologize if they caused you distress.” not even she had seen someone so unique.

300 WORDS

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR
Her companion embarrassed, Zubaidah would find herself smiling. She did not mean to derive humour from his predicament, but she had never seen Constantine like this before. He was made vulnerable, both hurt and irritated, different from his usual demeanour. Where he had been an impregnable fortress, these small comments had made gaps within his gleaming battlements.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Her voice lashed with humour, she spoke towards the white-haired lady, “I must admit that we have no affinity with children,” Sniggering slightly, the giant Constantine made a snide remark, “Yes, this lady has no maternal instinct, the beast that she is.” Staring daggers, she continued with characteristic grace, “Still, there are no problems here.

Joining the red-eyed gentleman, the golden Constantine drew forth two seats. His expression pained, he would request that Zubaidah sit down before he did the same. She found his behaviour humourous; her long-time rival was bound by his chivalric code. They had fought hard as bitter enemies, but had found peace in their uneasy partnership.

“I would like a chamomile tea, please!" She smiled politely whilst their waiter stared at her gold-bodied companion, “I suppose, since we are here, it seems introductions are in order!” She flicked back her luscious hair, her figure like some heavenly maiden, “My name is Zubaidah, a wandering dancer. My companion here is Constantine, who has accompanied me through these four lands. Well, then, who might all you be?”
200/200 | word/462 | 315/315
[/color]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

It was well into evening before Zubaidah and Constantine left, saying farewell to their newfound companions. Before leaving, however, Diana had told them about a Reiman guesthouse on the town’s outskirts whose patrons were mostly Fanalis. Zubaidah had been surprised at Constantine’s discussion with Julius and Diana, being Reiman and Kounese each, since he had shown great hostility towards non-Sassanids before this time. As such, she wanted to push him further and show him the real world outside Sasan’s walls. What better than showing him the humanity of the much-hated Fanalis? If he would understand the world, then he must understand that its peoples are both unique and similar. He must understand that there is no black and white, as Xerxes had taught him, but shades of grey.

Arriving at this guesthouse, a quaint and brick-red place, Zubaidah left her companion at the bar whilst she paid for their rooms. Constantine was not troubled, but curious about the red-haired men milling about the bar at first. It was not long that his curiosity devolved into hostility, however, since Zubaidah returned to a heated argument between him and a red-hot Fanalis.

What trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?’ She bowed her head apologetically to the Fanalis bar-goers before Constantine responded, ‘I am not some child, milady. If anything, I am the person saddled with minding you.’ He glowered at Zubaidah, eyes gold and angry as she replied, ‘I care naught for your wordplay, Conny. Just tell me how you started this argument, alright?

As if accepting the blame, he laid the events out clearly. Indeed, he was not one for lying, something which Zubaidah had found curious, and gave her the entire truth. He had claimed that the Fanalis were a strong people, but they were lacking in other respects. For example, as he had said, they lacked the skill for card games and the like. Moreover, he claimed that he could win against any patron of this red-filled guesthouse.

At these claims, Zubaidah was quite surprised. She had expected some assumptions from Constantine about the Fanalis, but she had not expected such stereotypes. ‘Where might you have gotten that impression, hey? Did you not know that Reim has a Fanalis for its leader, and quite a cunning mind if rumours were to be believed!

He have her an inquisitive look, as if her question was something unheard, ‘It is something which even children know, milady! Each man has his own character and each race their virtue! There is size for the Imuchakk, and strength for the Fanalis, is there not?’ Seeing her confusion, Constantine went into a long-winded spiel on the subject, ‘IIt is something that a child can see, which experience affirms! For the natural world is filled with creatures whom Solomon has bestowed a character that might be called its single virtue! Perhaps it is better that I should illustrate with a tale:

‘A gathering of the birds took place under Solomon’s watch, where every fowl and feather came under his eye. As they showed their talents, however, the peacock became quite distraught because he did not have a beautiful voice like the nightingale.

As such, he went and complained to Solomon himself, ‘Milord, is it not true that the nightingale's song is the envy of all the birds? But whenever I begin singing, I become a laughing-stock.’

In turn, Solomon tried to console him and said, ‘You have not the gift of song, my child, but then you far excel all the rest in beauty. Your neck flashes like the emerald and your splendid tail is a marvel of gorgeous colour!’

But the peacock did not rejoice, saying, ‘What is the use of being beautiful, with a voice like mine?’

And Solomon replied, with a shade of sternness in his voice, ‘Fate has allotted to all their destined gifts: to yourself beauty, to the eagle strength, to the nightingale song, and so on to all the rest in their degree; but you alone are dissatisfied with your portion. Make, then, no more complaints. For, if your present wish were granted, you would soon find cause for fresh discontent.

She had not heard him speak with such charisma, showing his true colours as a story-teller, but she was not amused with the story itself. ‘How charming! I must say, however, that it has forgotten something amidst its charm. I mean, of course, that we are each possessed of traits different from our race or gender.’ She had realised that he had been taught such things, false and unusual as they were, but she had underestimated the depth of this education - or lack thereof. ‘I fear that you are mistaken, milady. I would agree that there are anomalies but they are gifted from Solomon himself. Yes, they are exceptions and not the rule. If you do not believe me, let me prove them with a few games!

She sat besides Constantine, her eyes showing apologies for their Fanalis hosts, and watched him deal the first round. It must be remembered that Zubaidah was beloved of card-games, so she was more than interested in the outcome. After all, should her companion win, she would have a worthy opponent for the road.

But the first few tricks were the green-eyed Fanalis’. Well, some were her companion’s, others were his opponent’s.
He asked for a second game. He took some tricks, but he lost even more. He asked for a third game. He cursed under his breath with one; he slammed his fist down with another. He asked for five games in total and lost against five opponents in total.

How could they have beaten me? I have played since I was young, even beating venerable Aryan! I cannot have lost here…’ He was staring at the red-haired patrons in disbelief, but she could see a little admiration for these Fanalis. ‘Let me tell you something, dear Conny. Did you know that the game was invented in this very town?' At this point, one of his opponents came over and offered Constantine some amber-coloured beer, a little cheekiness in her eyes. 'Yeah, but you did pretty well against men and women raised on it. I'd play you anytime!' As this red-haired woman returned to the bar, Zubaidah laughed a little at his own reddened cheeks. 'Indeed, they are skilled in this game because they have more experience than anybody else, not from being gifted with such skill. That, Constantine, is where you were wrong.

For with some experience, no matter who you are, you can become good at anything - and everything.
200/200 | 1562/1500 | 315/315

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum