A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 for
Daylight Break

Tier: B Tier

Class: Warrior

Type: Supplementary

Range: Medium

Requirements/Drawbacks: The character must click their heels against themselves.

Scaling: Duration/Increases the duration of the status effect by one post.

Sustain: 0

Cool Down: 3 posts

Cost: 15 magoi [MT cost]

Description:

The character begins drawing light waves and particles towards the user’s boots before releasing them outwards as a fifteen-metre burst. This causes anyone within this burst (excluding the user) to become blinded for three posts. If anyone outside the burst looks at the burst directly, however, they will experience blurred vision for one post.

The spell before it is being discussed. I am not sure if it follows the functions. I feel it doesn't but am asking fellow members of staff to review it so we can come to a proper grading

3Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 03/01/22, 05:53 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

So after some talks creation team agrees the function and spell do not match up for the fork ability

4Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 05/01/22, 12:54 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have talked a little about this ability, and I have rewritten it so that it works better with the metal magic's idea:

Description: The character taps their spear against themselves, coating the character with lace-like platinum which resembles the pattern of a wedding dress and veil. This coating emits trace amounts of platinum particles into the surrounding air, extending thirty metres in diameter around the character. An object or person who enters this field will become coated with airborne particles, the particles taking on a positive charge, and cause the negatively-charged particles to be violently attracted onto them due to the opposite charges. This causes deposits of platinum to form around them, increasing the static friction acting upon them, weighing them down and decreasing their movement and basic action speed by one tier for each post within the area. This effect is removed as soon as the object or person leaves the affected area. The area lasts for three posts.

I think that this works better, but I can offer more clarification if needed!

5Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 08/01/22, 02:30 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alright, i'll give this a try. Also put metal magic for the magic type for the fork, not the combination of the two. There are items that have two separate primaries associated with them and it's best not to confuse anyone reading your item.

Description: The user taps their weapon against themselves, coating themselves with lace-like platinum metal which resembles the pattern of a wedding dress and veil. This coating emits trace amounts of platinum particles with a static charge into the surrounding air, extending 30 meters in diameter around the character for the duration of the ability. The only safe zone within this field is within 1-meter of the user's current location or outside of the 30-meter range. An object/person who enters this field will become coated with the platinum particles that start to clump and bind themselves to any metal-based property that the object/person contains, not only does this add weight and lower the inflicted's basic speed tier by 1 if they don't contain b-tier or higher strength tiers; this also causes the inflicted to experience C-tier immobility via magnetism for up to two limbs. In regards to items/weapons, only a single item that's currently out and exposed can be immobilized and a single limb.  The user can maintain this field as long as this ability is sustained. Given the penlites involving metal magic, (Pick a weakness that will be treated as one rank higher against this spell. I'd say pick prime magic or pick an attack-type *piercing, slashing, smashing*)

That was my take on your spell, I gave you a little leeway because metal magic has an inherent weakness, but taking 2 items off the table is overkill so ya, just 1.

6Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 10/01/22, 09:27 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have updated the description of the Fork of Terea with the Metal magic tag as you suggested, Lagi.

Fork of Terea:

I have also amended Terea's Wedding Veil, dropping the base attack speed idea (which I might utilise for a fourth spell) and changed it to a movement-decreasing field. I appreciated the changes you suggested, but I realise that I made the ability harder to understand and approve because it included two effects (which I misunderstood as being the same effect, i.e. movement speeds and basic attack speeds). Since I believe that the movement decrease comes from the static friction (the differently charged metal repelling and attracting each other) and not the weight of the platinum, I did not include your point about strength tiers, but I have also nerfed the effect from 'decreases movement speed every post spent in it' to 'decreases movement speed by one when affected' and 'decreases movement speed by one more tier for each scale' as a pay-off. That should both make it easier to deal with and more costly as well.

In case it needed extra nerfs, I did want to include Merr's suggestion for platinum's strength and weakness:

It is weak against acid magic (double damage) and strong against water (half damage).

Terea's Wedding Veil:

I also wanted to include two new abilities I made (sorry for randomly throwing them in here, I was inspired by some abilities Merr suggested I should make):

Bridal Train:

Nuptial Procession:

7Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 11/01/22, 07:28 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Looks good to Me, I'll let Lagi see if he has anything he disagrees with. 1/2

8Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 12/01/22, 06:38 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I just wanted to request one alteration!

Would it be possible to either increase the radius of the area for Teresa’s Wedding Veil, or allow the charges debuff to stay when outside the area for a post afterwards?

I ask because I think that some of the nerfs I gave it might have made its usefulness fairly niche and limited even for close combat alone.

9Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 12/01/22, 12:14 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

alright so bridal train is approved.

nuptial procession's scaling is too big. Even though it takes the form of layers, let's not forget the function of what the scaling is supposed to represent. Each scale grants an increase in range. Range rules in the ability systems are " 5m for every 10 magoi/stamina" I used layers before but that was in a damage sense, in this particular case, since this is for an increase of range, it shouldn't be at 20 meters.

So you want an increase in range? Not sure, this is all based off of how you worked your abilities in the first place which got it to 1/2. It's a field and they are affected by it as long as they are in the field. Besides that, the field lasts for 3 posts "outside of your sustain", so you can use up your sustain limits and then you have 3 more posts until they ultimately clash or break if "if they can".

So in a way, you have plenty of time for this ability, because it's not going away until you stip sustaining it.

Slow ( SPD - ): Decrease the movement speed of something for the duration of the effect. <<< This is the status effect you are asking for. rules for slow status effect are tied to duration, but you tied your duration on whether they are in the field or not. I think your worries are a bit unfounded, I'll say you can increase it to 40 meters for now but if knux says now you should probably drop it then back to 30 .

10Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 17/01/22, 07:10 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thanks for the replies and feedback.

I have amended Wedding Veil with a forty metre diameter range, which I will change if Knux disagrees. As for Nuptial Procession, I would like to ask whether such an ability could have a speed scale instead? If the range cannot increase, then perhaps the speed of movement would be a better bet?

On that note, however, I had an alternate idea which could combine Nuptial Procession and Bridal Train:

Is it possible that Nuptial Procession could have no scaling? Instead, if NP is activated when on one of the footholds created by Bridal Train, it allows the movement of Bridal Train to happen at the same breakneck speeds as Nuptial Procession?

Would that be allowed?

11Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 22/01/22, 12:37 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

the range can increase, it can increase by 5 m.  you already start off with 40 meters, I think this ability is fine... It shouldn't have any scaling indication of speed,  all it governs over is the redirection of the thing moving at regardless of whatever speed its moving at.

the fusion of removing your scaling? No such thing is supported b the systems at this time. But if you say that, if the scaling itself says "when used with the ability "bridal Train" xyz happens", it's completely dependent on what you put there. it would be a 1 pamet scale of 10 magoi but it could be a synergy-like scale that's completely dependent on a second ability. in addition to that, your requirement would have to be that bridal train would have to be active in order to scale nuptal blah blah..

get me?

I'd say just keep it simple but that's my advice.

12Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 25/01/22, 07:21 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have decided not to pursue Nuptial Procession.

Are Bridal Train and Terea's Wedding Veil good?

13Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 28/01/22, 09:34 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Nuptial Procession should be removed if you no longer want the ability.

2/2

14Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 28/01/22, 10:52 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Removed Nuptial Procession.

15Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 02/02/22, 08:07 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

16Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 02/02/22, 08:46 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

Verified and approved

17Magic Weapon Abilities Empty Re: Magic Weapon Abilities 02/02/22, 08:54 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Amendment, I put two B and one C when it's three B.

Could I get the final B Tier from one of these vouchers:

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2277p400-ability-vouchers#68182

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum