You are not connected. Please login or register

A Mentor's Wisdom [Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 08/12/21, 01:16 am

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

The bustling port nation of Balbadd. Usually filled to the brim with foreigners looking to petal their goods. Today however was far different. There were no foreigners only those born and raised, on this day Balbadd was in it's most natural state. It's docks sporadically lined with docked ships. The shop owners instead of running around, they held casual conversations about their homes and recent news to share with one another. The weather was exquisite, sun shining with a calm breeze from the sea to accent its heat. Tropical birds flew overhead some resting on whatever they chose while other sang the songs to one another. This truly was a scene to behold.

Theos walked through the port a small satchel slung over his right shoulder. His hood was up to shield his eyes from the glare of the sun. His messy red hair peaked from under his hood and his amber eyes gleamed of fire. His face had a strong look that was mixed with a serene calmness. His black attire prevented him from being to cold from the oceans breeze. while that same breeze kept he from being hot.

He wasn't so deep in thought that he was opposed to a conversation or two however he was more so concerned for his Father, Regilos, whom had been injured in a recent incident had lost his arm. Theos was here to not find medicine. He was here to find something to ease Regilos's worries and bring him some sort of comfort. He'd been thinking about what the next steps for the Leviathan should be or even would be for that matter. They've always took the most daring of requests but with the injury to his Father that may be in jeopardy. 'We'll be alright.' A resolve that had firmly be instilled in him. Theos would look to his sides every so often to check the various stalls.

2A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty Re: A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 14/12/21, 09:17 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Theos wandered through the marketplace he would fail to find anything that could lift his father’s spirits. After all, there is little one could do about a lost limb using exotic silks and spices. Such luxuries could heal neither the wound, nor the heart. Deeper still, into the gritty heart of Balbadd, there was something that showed a bit more promise. Beyond the bustling streets where most vendors peddled their goods were the slums. The road here was not nearly as well maintained and the people were generally more often to be seen wearing disheveled rags rather than the clean white robes common for the Balbadd public to wear. There was a man looking just as downtrodden as the rest seated on a worn silk cloth. He could be seen from the edge of the marketplace along with a sign erected next to him that read, “Miracle Tea For Sale” which seemed to be doing a poor job of tempting patrons out of the market and into the slums.

The old man didn’t seem to mind his lack of customers however and was smiling to himself as he carefully chose from a spread of different looking leaves laid out on the silk cloth before him. The elder selected a few with slow deliberate actions and mixed them together into a bowl. As he ground the leaves together a pungent bitter scent rose up causing the old man’s nose to wrinkle. He then transferred the ground leaves into a small pouch which he placed into a porcelain cup. The stranger pulled a wand from his robe sleeve and tapped a small pot next to him which immediately began to steam as the water inside boiled. Smiling softly, the man poured some of the piping hot water into the cup and then sat the pot down. Instead of taking a drink however, he sat there silently and closed his eyes leaving the cup of tea placed at the edge of the cloth.

One might mistake the man for having fallen asleep as he sat there motionless showing no sign of reaching for the tea. As the seconds passed,  a new fragrance was slowly being born within the cup and wafting outwards. Theos would find his keen fanalis nose picking up on the scent even from afar. It had transformed from the pungent bitter smell from before into a mellow sweetness that carried a hint of citrus to it. The scent was welcoming and energizing and seemed to be growing stronger with each passing moment.

3A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty Re: A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 11/01/22, 12:39 am

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

Theos was having no luck in finding something that would cure his fathers ailment. It wasn't so easy as some shiny new object would soothe. It was deeper than the vain greed of the man. Deeper still it was his fathers pride that was hurt. Theos had been raised by this man. He could see when something was off. Perhaps it was worry of the future. A even more nagging feeling than ones hurt pride. Theos had almost reached the end of Balbadd's shopping district when something strange yet familiar grabbed his sense of smell. The scent at first reminded him of a ship set ablaze on the sea. Theos leaned his head to the right  then settled it back straight.

The scent changed to a slightly sweet smell. It took Theos back to when he was still a child. It was a perfume his grandmother use to wear. Mixed with a slight smell of mint that followed his grandfather. The Fanalis stopped in his tracks as he walked past a alleyway that the smell wafted from. He knew of this alley it lead to the other side of the market. A spot that he didn't go towards because they sold food more than imported goods. Theos swiftly followed the scent to its source. "That's some interesting Tea you've got there old timer." Theos said referring to the sign and then single cup of tea sitting in front of the older gentleman.

4A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty Re: A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 16/01/22, 04:46 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The elderly man didn't seem to notice Theos until the younger man spoke. His wizened eyes slowly opened and he smiled, causing wrinkled crows feet to form. "There is no such thing as an uninteresting tea, youngster." The old man said as he reached forwards and picked up the cup that was still giving off that alluring aroma. "However...tea is just tea at the end of the day. What makes it so fascinating is sharing it with other people. Care to try some?" The man then presented the up for Theos to take if he so chose. "This tea was brewed from a blend of leaves and dried fruits from three places all across the world. The longzhu flowers of the Jade Dragon Mountains. Grapes and honey from the Reiman countryside. But the main ingredient comes from an unnamed plant located on a tropical island several days sail off the coast of Balbadd. Although, I've not been able to find that island again. Regrettably, I don't have much left of those leaves." The old man then gestured to a small pouch of dried brown leaves among the various tea bags he had laid out for sale.

"My name is Kounen. Do you have an interest in buying some  of this tea, young man?"

There was a strange glint in Kounen's eye when he asked the question.

5A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty Re: A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 16/01/22, 10:44 pm

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Kounen. My name is Theos." His wrinkles more profound than Theos originally thought. He stared at the cup of tea offered to him. Its aroma lingering in his nose and thoughts. "I'm not opposed to the idea. You sound to be a man of culture." Theos sat down in front of Kounen before accepting the cup of tea. Theos held the cup to his nose. He closed his eyes as he inhaled the fragrance through his nose, allowing himself to experience each ingredients flare. He would blow the steam that rose from the cup. It wafted up around him. Slowly raising the cup to his mouth he took a sip. Each ingredient complimenting the other coming together to create a robust yet pleasing taste.

Something told him this may be it. "This tea reminds me of our travels while still feeling like home...I think this may be what I've been looking for. How much would this blend cost me Kounen? Also this unknown island you speak of could be several islands in all directions of our shores. Perhaps you can remember something more about that island? "

6A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] Empty Re: A Mentor's Wisdom [Private] 31/01/22, 12:31 am

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Theos’ name and his fiery red hair gave Kounen cause to think the young man was a fanalis that had come from Reim, but kept this speculation to himself. Instead he simply smiled back at his new acquaintance and gave a soft chuckle, ”Hohoho~ I don’t know if I would call myself cultured. I am but a humble tea merchant who has managed to travel further than most men.” The elderly man stroked his beard as he laughed and then gestured for Theos to go ahead and take a drink. As the Fanalis sat opposite of Kounen and reached for the cup the old man poured himself a cup as well. With a gesture towards Theos, Kounen raised his cup in a sort of toast before taking a sip. Kounen silently enjoyed the floral blend and watched Theos with that strange glint still present in his wizened eyes.

Listening to Theos comment on the tea brought an even brighter smile to the old man’s face. Without asking, he took the initiative to carefully pour some more tea from the pot into Theos’ cup, filling it back to the brim. ”I’m glad the tea brings you fond memories. Such is but one of the many magnificent powers tea holds.” He then set the pot down and closed his eyes as he crossed his arms to think. ”Let me see…It appears that you desire this tea for reasons beyond simply quenching your thirst. Tell me, why do you want to purchase this tea? We can decide on the price later. As for that island…” There was a pause as the old man opened his eyes but seemed to be staring at some distant memory beyond the young Fanalis seated before him.

”This may sound strange, but I don’t remember much. In fact, were it not for this tea I would question whether or not my being there had all been a dream. After all, when I tried to return I could not find it. I have confidence in my ability to navigate at sea mind you, but it was almost as if the island was never there. Perhaps it grew fins and swam away? Hohohoho~ Sorry I can’t tell you anything more.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum