Diplomacy Of The Darklands (Jynx) B-tier/Solo/Plot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Mission
Spoiler:

Even in war and things of that nature, keeping up morale was an important part of being the Overlord of Tartarus. It wasn't as if he was solely responsible for everyone's happiness, that was too much of a tall order to handle. What Lagi sought after was something more realistic, from what he attempted to do, what he wanted was to create an environment for his fellow dungeon beasts that allowed the idea of happiness as a possibility to them. This would mean that despite the form that they take, this was something that was achievable to them in a safe environment. The reason why his country operated on visas instead of having a blanket stay of humans was to improve the kinship upon dungeon beasts. Even if it's the only thing that they had in common, they should stick together and help each other.  

"Hmm......I hope we have enough food for the larger-sized dungeon beasts."
The festival was one that was supposed to be one of laughter and enjoyment, something else that Lagi was looking forward to as well. "Lord Jynx." As Lagi was helping out in the kitchen and tasting the food to make sure that it turned out well for potential visitors in the main square, he was approached by Mazus Grimm, the soothsayer of the dark hand who now helped him with advisement and things of that nature. " I bring word from our fellow dungeon beasts from around the city, it looks like there has been quite a stir of a potential exhibition that can occur between you and another individual. "Finding it rather interesting that there was another dungeon beast that was willing to show Lagi what he was made of, he wrapped up his business with the catering team in order to give Mazus his full and undivided attention.

"Let's sit for a while, shall we? Besides being in and out of the tower to check on those with faith in regard to the master's will, as well as preparing for the event that's supposed to occur the following day, you brought up something rather intriguing about a challenger. It really has been a while since someone has challenged me, and in all honesty, it's a nice change of pace knowing that there is nothing too grand that's on the line." Even the overlord liked to relax. It wasn't that he was lazy, but Lagi felt that he was finally "getting over the hump" in his life and moving on further to different things. "Yes sir, it seems as if he came from the overcrowded slums. He goes by the  Cyclops Of Serket, one of the more talented individuals of the self-proclaimed Serket masters.  From the information I've gathered from the spies that we have in these slums, his name is Bedario Touma."

Doing a bit of a double-take, Lagi would notice that Mazus mentioned something quite peculiar. "We are spying on our civilians now? I know this is due to wartime, but I wouldn't think that ....." Interrupting, Mazus wanted to prove his case to Lagi. "Yes Lord Jynx, we are in wartime. I will take every and all threat seriously, the intensity of my responses is based upon my review of the situation in the end. This was nothing new, it's exactly as he says, proving himself. However, if there is a next time and we are too lax, this would be the exact time where we should have responded in a certain way while we still have the chance. " Mazus had a point and Lagi decided not to push it further. Instead, Lagi felt like he wanted to learn more about the slums.

"Tell me more about these slums..."

WC: 620/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With Lagi getting information about these slums, he thought of the state that some of the members of his community were living. Since he was strong, he figured that being prepared for the festival in terms of getting ready for the exhibition bout would be a waste of time. The most important thing that Lagi had to take into account was the after-effects, being sure that his people felt like they were heard and that Lagi would do something about a few of the situations as soon as the fighting was over.  So with it winding down, the day of the festival has finally arrived.

Lagi managed to give it a name, the Festival of Brahma. It was something that Lagi intended to have once every six months to bolster the mood and the community as a whole. It was to be celebrated with much gratification. It's a holiday with distant roots towards other similar cultures that were celebrated from the rumored old days of alma torran, but from now on until further notice, Lagi made it mostly associated with rights of passage, fireworks, traditional plays, athletic competitions (combat included) and random acts of kindness. It was a single day of celebration, it needed to be something that people can fall back upon. They had to hope for something, and it definitely did help with the dark hand sect assisting with the promotion of the holiday-like festival.

All that was needed was Lagi to go off to the main square, it was gated off to protect spectators in case they wanted to see the plays or the athletic competitions in case they involved some magic or semi-dangerous techniques that could deal collateral damage. Of course, the fighting would happen on the edge of the savage lands, but this wasn't a serious spectacle for Lagi. He had the confidence that he would be able to handle whatever his opponent brought his way.

"So you've come, Overlord!  I wanted to express my gratitude for accepting my challenge, I wanted to show you the worth of my experience. Who else could appreciate it but the lord of these lands?"  Bedario was there and awaiting Lagi, all geared up and ready to go. Lagi himself was there as well, but outside of his metal vessel and Orie, he didn't have much on him. " My lord, surely you are well more prepared than that? You have no sort of weapons about you for our competition?" With a shake of his head, Lagi explained his case.

"One of the things I'd like to show you is the actual power of our natural abilities. Without the help of too many things, I think that understanding the background of our species and using it to its full potential is something that every dungeon beast can aspire to do. This is something that I believe in, and I have a lot of confidence that the power I already possess is more than any sort of tool or blade I can bring with me."

1127/1500 WC

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi wasn't trying to insult the man, he only wanted his opponent to do his very best against the Overlord. Even if it seemed like a handicap to him, which it wasn't, a victory on the battlefield is still a victory. How you manage to win isn't as important as those who detail the history books the describe the fact that you did. In those moments the end results become increasingly more important than how they occurred.  Either way, this was a chance to test one of his stronger citizens and see what they were made of.

The first thing that the Cyclops started to do was shoot a couple of times at Lagi, playing a bit of keep away by using his speed and stamina. It was rather surprising that a beast of that size can move like that, even impressive. However, with Lagi's A-tier speed and Danger sense provided by Orie, avoiding those test shots was mere child's play. Anyone could see that Bedario was feeling Lagi out before using one of his more serious techniques.  After a while, the first thing that Lagi did was remain on the defensive while closing in on his opponent. In response, the cyclops used the scorpion's stinger while Lagi was dashing forward to fire two cross bolts at two different sections of Lagi's body, each dealing B-tier ability damage.

In response, Lagi transformed into his true form and breathed out an infernal blast of energy in the form of boiling blood. The power of the two attacks managed to clash each other out due to the boiling blood blast being able to deal A-tier ability damage, but Lagi followed up again with a second blast at close range once more. This probably threw off Bedario since this was done in quick succession, causing him to use his crossbow bolts as a foil to protect himself from the blast.

The attack instead spread out to the durability of his shooters, damaging them and his arms in the process.

"You really are dangerously tough, Lord Jynx!"

The cyclops quickly ate a healing pill to heal his arms and ran towards Jynx in order to use his upper swing to deal C-tier ability damage and send Lagi flying.

"A bit more of a physical approach eh? Very well!"

Jynx met the cyclops head-on, using his claws which naturally dealt B-tier ability damage, trading with the attack to break through and overpower the Cyclops once again. In addition to that, due to Lagi's transformation, that set him ablaze and dealt additional B-tier damage. Even though Lagi would have taken C-tier ability damage, his scales would have soaked most of the damage if the cyclops' fists got through the flames by any chance.  Lagi allowed himself to be pushed back 15-meters, but with his A-tier strength combined with his A-tier flight, he quickly got control of that and flew back down.

"Hm...this fight is over."

From what he could see, that last strike did the trick. The Cyclops Of Serket was in no position to continue fighting, and the healers sensed this ahead of time and started healing him after calling an end to the match.

"You've done well, this brings promise to our people, as well as your own standing. "

Spoiler:

360/400 Magoi
420/430 stamina

1500/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum