A Vaccum filled with Hope and Despair [Arc/Plot/FOT]

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It was morning, another day was dawning upon the war-torn lands of Heliohapt, the slaves and nobles went at it like cats and dogs and a mysterious force seemed to be building itself up within the ruined capital. However, the bandits and independents were benefiting the most out of everyone who was involved. Many groups had started to form and gain power, but this was only the beginning as new things were soon to be upon everyone else. This morning would start off just like any other for all those within the independent infested territories. The sun came up, early raids could be heard, and then peace for the morning until the evening would start to settle in.

For all the major players, they would find themselves starting their days of normal today as well. They and their groups would be awoken to the sounds of animals, letting them know it was time to start their day. However, they were all completely unaware of what events would transpire for them later that day.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The order of the Flames Reach started the day like each other. The 3 current cardinals were already in the dining hall that was downstairs eating breakfast. While Gilles, was currently in her room staring at her new sword while laying on her precious Keb. This was the sword that she had gotten from a tomb with the strange magician Addam from Magno. This sword has the power to be a symbol to her and her followers, it would burn a path through this war torn country of Helio. She was so excited to burn this country of all of its evil and offer it up to her god.

After an hour or so she would head down to breakfast hearing her steed Shabdiz mimicking the birds. She would surprise her inner circle as she was wearing the toad shaped helmet she had recently been gifted by some of the Parthy Toad Bandits. She would sit down in her chair looking at them. She would lift off her helmet to eat, giddy about burning and conquering the bandits.

Combat NPCs:
Non Combat NPC:

items:

Weapons:

Beast:

Inside Keb:

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was in the rather far and vast lands that stretched wide which had birthed the likes of bandits, a plethora of independent factions vying for the right to rule over swathes of contested land, and despair, where the legend of a man had begun to take shape and form. It was this day where a particular arc were to begin for this man whom sought to accomplish his quite radical and grandiose dreams. It was here where a new thread of tales and hardships began to play, nearing the man closer towards the eventual dread and sorrows that awaits his fate one day, to capture his heart, and being. It was yet not the time though. It was the precursor to what is to come, but a lengthy and great thread none the less, that were to have a great influence upon his fate. In the life of everyone, there comes a day where they will reap the most of what they will within their time on this world, and a time where they shall suffer the greatest pain they ever felt. It just so happens that the dreams of this particular man, Angelus, drove him closer to an intensified and magnified variant of those prosperous moments and agonizing times. It was the story of a man whom despite his ego, despite his accepting of the cruelty of fate, despite the utter dedication to forging a better world, were to feel always dead, never truly content no matter what he did. It was the story of a man who despite believing that he could feel truly alive, would likely never, for he was projecting his visions on how he feels he can experience true happiness through the grandest of stages, the world of magic that was strife with evil, good, but the never ending cycle of great despair.

However, one can hope, and tread forward. That is where we are now. May the scene be set now. Birds chirped, while Angelus wakes to a sparkle of sunlight from the opening of his tent. It urged him to cover his eyes, groaning, but rising up from his sleeping bag. Angelus' face looked a bit rejuvenated, but upon having sat up to peek out of the tent, his stomach were to rumble violently like a lion. It seemed he had exhausted himself and his body from how much he had trained within the past month or so. Angelus rose up to his feet to the smell of food having been cooked by the sharp eyed Nerilla that seems to have hunted a beast to cook. It had been quite an eventful few weeks recently, with Angelus' efforts to become more active within the region much more successful. It seemed his name had been reaching places at least decently enough, and that he had been truly growing far stronger.

It was when he sat down and began to munch on his breakfast when he had started to think of what his course of action should be to capture more land and more importantly crucial cities to the development of a state. If his message to the politicians of Reim who were supporting a Parthevian annexation could throw their support behind him, then the aspiring Angelus can likely throw multiple campaigns at the land at once to swiftly conquer swathes of land. It was becoming clear that the young Angelus had the strength to do these campaigns of war and conquest but he had to start to craft further friends and subordinates. It was essential for him to garner more support of others for he could truly quickly both conquer but both be recognized by those with strong positions and voices. It was how he could at the same time conquer a land, and have the land be under his thumb more so than the very state of Reim itself. Parthevia was to be a support base to help lead Angelus to the eventual position of an Emperor. If he became popular both within his home nation and this land of Parthevia, he could continue to capture support with his valiant efforts. Angelus was rather determined, and were to clench his left fist upon consuming the last spoonful of his breakfast. It was time to set out for business..!

Gilgamesh: "We set out to the base, Nerilla."

However, first, he had to write a message out to her, Zubaidah, a woman he had met during his recent travels whom he had connected with on the idea of Parthevia being deserving of more.

Gilgamesh wrote:
"I reckon you have come to the land that you have secured now. I hope to it that you can figure out an effective way of garnering further support and we can further establish the lands we are in. If you receive any news or know how we will continue with stabilizing these lands and gathering support as peacefully as we can, let me know. However, any who oppose us with force, I will be sure to eliminate swiftly if need be."

Nerilla Samira:

Gaaron:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

The Sun rose from its nightly chambers, stepping from a canopy of gold, and bade the stars take their rest. As the day stirred awake, every colour changed in the sunlit sky, turning from tinges of charcoal to vibrant brightness. Staring at this wondrous sight, Zubaidah was reminded how much she missed her childhood, when her mother would open her curtains and light would stream into her room like falling petals. Ah, how she missed her mother… What did she miss more, her smile, her swaying hips or her warm embrace before bedtime? She could not say, for it seemed that she just missed everything.

As with most mornings, however, she was not given much respite. A faint humming drew her attention towards a magic tool, sitting politely upon her desk. She had received this tool recently, a gift from the curious Gilgamesh, but she had paid little attention to its pages until now. Opening the cover, she found that new letters had formed a message upon its pages, short but telling. As she went downstairs, passing Batuttah on her way, she wrote an equally short reply:

‘I have been receiving more refugees each day, with no end in sight. I fear that the ongoing conflict between Heliohapt’s factions has only made our task worse, producing more bandits and more refugees. Violence may be a temporary solution, but it will not hold strong for very long. We must drive out foreign influence from Parthevia, so that we have the ability to rebuild and reconstitute ourselves. We can only thrive if we have the opportunity to stand on our two feet. I am sure you have been working hard on fighting, but you must remember that violence can only do so much.’
mag/mag | word/500 | stam/stam

Info:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The morning would seem to droll on for hours, the peacefulness was a bit unnerving for places that had been using warcries and the marching of armies and beasts to move about their days. It might've been the results of them consolidating their territories, maybe the other groups moved somewhere else, or maybe it was another thing entirely. However, they were allowed to enjoy their mornings in relative peace.

As the sun started to reach higher and higher, almost reaching the middle of the sky they would finally feel as that long morning snapped into the beginning of their day. With the bringing of the noon came an odd occurrence. All three of the promising state-builders unaware of each other would all receive a knock on the door of their homes at the exact same time. It was a simple knock, with unforeseen consequences, one without any clear answers anytime soon. As before they knocked all at the same time, three firm knocks with exactly a second in between each one, this was done three or so times in the same three-knock pattern. However, unbeknownst to them all once again, whoever had been knocking on their doors all left a letter, and then left not in a hurry, but a walk that still carried them away quickly.

Whoever would open the door to their home, or would come across the letter would find the same letter that was at any of their homes. Written in a sort of golden ink on black parchment was just one word, the same single word, both inviting and dooming in its mysterious nature as they would all read the same word. "Come." There below it was a sketch of a mountain nearby all their territories, one that hadn't been conquered and one people didn't try to for some reason. It was their choice to make, but one that seemed important nonetheless.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The group were all eating when they heard the loud, repetitive knocking. This would startle them as they normally didnt get any visitors except for the bandits they had relations with now. The high priestess of the Flame's Reach would get up holding her sword with an eager grin on her face. Husk and Dawn would get up quickly grabbing her knowing what she was about to do. As soon as she opened that door she would have have swung her blade at whoever was on the other side, no matter if they were friend or not. WHile they were totally all for burning the masses they didnt want to ruin their relations with the native bandits.

It was DuskII who would end up opening the door and finding the letter. They would all look at the the letter with its simple message. They would all look at eachother and nod. There was no discussion, they would leave immediately. They would grab Shabdiz and Keb, rushing to the mountain all eager to see what was on this mountain.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Satisfied with her message, Zubaidah closed the book and retrieved another from a nearby shelf. Unlike its brothers stacked below, this book showed no signs of wear-and-tear. It was not because it had never been opened, far from it, instead there was something unusual about the book. It seemed to push dust away from itself, like there was an unseen cover around the pages, ensuring that it remained clean and presentable. As she opened its pages, however, Zubaidah sighed. There was no writing within them, save for a few near the front, but it seemed that she had read those ones already. Am I not worthy of the next chapter, huh? She had not received anything more since she had arrived in Parthevia, despite her best efforts to have Natan continue his stories. I had better keep it close, in case I receive any updates…

What’s this… A new place… This wasn’t here before… No, I remember it...

She had grown accustomed to the quiet and noise in her ears, but she could hear someone new nearby. It was certainly not anyone in her household like Battutah or Rafi, nor her companions Powehi and Amnet, and they did not seem local. Before she could reach the front door, however, she was distracted with a black letter on her entrance rug. On the parchment was a single word, simple but alluring. Ah, this looks fun. An invitation of sorts, eh? I have always loved a good game, and what is this other than a treasure-hunt? Calling Battutah down, she had him confirm the location marked on the map attached. ‘You wish to go here? I have considered it dangerous territory for some time, with the increase in banditry.’ A sight escaped his lips as he heard her response, having become excited by the thought of this game. ‘Yes, yes, I am most certainly going! I know I should be nervous, but I have been rather bored these last few days. Anyways, it could provide some useful information about bandit territory, right! See, that's a valid reason, hehe... So, should we ready the wagon?’

Far from arguing with the stubborn-headed Mansur, Batuttah relented and got ahold of Rafi, having him help the house staff prepare supplies. And so, after an hour of work, Zubaidah was lounging under the wagon’s hood, chatting with Amnet as Rafi drove them to this new place. But all Rafi could think?

'Why am I always doing this work when I don’t get paid!'

Everything Else:

Bandit Heraldry:

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It came and went, the flare of the morning, with not very much to say happened within that time allotment. It had been quite peaceful, a truly tranquil morning for the man who's life has been so chaotic recently. In these moments of relaxation with rarely no conflict, he could be at ease, until he then again had to return to the anarchic war that is the to be one day historical war of the three suns. However, he had a goal, an intent, an aim, to revive the fourth sun. It was to be the most shining and immaculate sun that could be used to bring forth unforeseen rule of the west. Angelus, or rather, Gilgamesh, had been traveling during the morning to his plot of land that he had conquered from fear and fighting, and were to be with his dear partner and friend, Nerilla.

It was high noon, and Angelus had just come to his land and estate that he had made home. Nothing peculiar was occurring, but once he and his comrade entered their home to go about business, leaving Gaaron outside within the stables, he were to hear a knock on the door. Gilgamesh had widened his eyes to the sudden sound. It must be more bandits or people trying to challenge the locally famed Gilgamesh known for kind acts but also for his foreboding presence. It was a peculiar knock, but either way, Gilgamesh went to open the door but with his shimmering sword equipt. However, when opening the door, he were to see nothing. How truly peculiar and odd. Yet, there seemed to have been a letter that when observed would be of black parchment writ on with golden ink. It read:

"Come."

It was a quick suck of his teeth which were to be the first audible reaction to this one word that was writ above a sketch of the nearby lands, but more importantly, a peculiar mountain which had not been conquered for a particular unknown reason. Trying to ponder to himself for a moment, he stepped outside his estate, looking around to ensure nobody was here. It must be an invitation then, to this mountain. For what purpose though? Just like other times, more mystery had befell him within this war of three suns. It could be a trap. However, Gilgamesh was quite sure he could take care of a trap or ambushers. Vast majority of people near here were rather weak and the wishful conqueror knew his strength far exceeded that of those he came by. It was unlikely he felt that someone could prove to be strong to him but that was not an impossible feat. Truth be told, there must be few who can match him or be a well met opponent. Gilgamesh scurried to his desk, to write to the noble maiden on what had just happened with the letter he had received. It must be notified to Zubaidah, urgently. If he and Zubaidah can travel to the mountain then they can further investigate this occurrence, and perhaps conquer the land, albeit hopefully peacefully, as Zubaidah was not one to needlessly fight.

Gilgamesh penned Zubaidah the following:

Gilgamesh wrote:"I pen this to you, due to the urgency of this matter, Zubaidah. I have received a peculiar knock upon the door to my residence, but nobody was there when I answered soon thereafter. However, I was left a letter with a word asking to come, to a location I assume to be an unconquered mountain that was sketched at the bottom of the letter. I will depart urgently to the mountain, can I hope to meet you at this location at the entrance of the mountain? I believe we should see this as a pair of two. I will bring Eliza, my assistant. I hope to meet at dawn. I wish you well."

Ending his message to Miss Mansur, Zubaidah, he began to gather his tools and eat a quick meal with Nerilla, otherwise known as Eliza, before he set out with her to meet with Zubaidah at dawn. It was then that he locked the doors to his estate and then mounted on Gaaron to set out for the mountain entrance that he drew within the magic communication book for the noble woman. It did not seem to be quite that far from him, the mountain that is. If he made haste and did not dawdle for too long or get interrupted, he should be fine to meet with Zubaidah on time. Yet, what truly bothered him was how the person who delivered the letter just vanished without a trace. It must have been a person capable of magic, just perhaps, though the truth was hard to know. Gilgamesh could not help to speculate over the letter.

Nerilla Samira:

Gaaron:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The trip to the mountain would take a day at least for all of them, they had to prepare and decide who they were taking and what they were going to do to get there. As they could travel through the night and reach it just before sunset of the next day, or they could travel until the sun had set and then make it after sunset of that day. It was about what they considered wiser and riskier, especially when they were travelling into such an unknown..

There was also a consideration of what they would leave behind if anything at all to watch over their home and territory, as this wasn't like their usual work where their enemies would have to oppose them because they were actively fighting them. With the knowledge they had, there was nothing else they knew rather than they were being beckoned to a mountain where something mysterious and possibly dangerous had demanded them to be. However, as the sun would continue to fall towards the horizon they would have to make their decision as that one word would ring over once again in their minds.

"Come"

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

It had not been long since they had left the Mansur estate, when Zubaidah found that her companion Gilgamesh had sent some news. Amnet looking over her shoulder, she took out her journey book and read his message aloud. They were not surprised, however, since Batuttah had suggested that the message was addressed to them both, rather than Zubaidah alone. But there were many questions and Rafi raised one in particular,

‘How do we know whether these were only sent to you two? After all, you’ve kept your whole business together under pretty tight wraps, right? What if this wasn’t aimed at you two in particular, but people like you?

‘He’s got a good point, missus. Isn’t it possible that this is simply a set-up to entrap the independent groups that have started popping up after Heliohapt splintered in two?’

‘Hey, do you underestimate me that much even after Furcas? Oh, darling, that was my first thought! Hence I left Batuttah and Powehi behind, along with Bardas’ crew, lest anyone attempts to target our home. As for a trap laid at our destination? I had planned to contact Gilgamesh, but it seems that he has saved me that hard work. Oh, on that note, I should reply now, shouldn’t I?’

‘I have received that same message and determined that I should set out with my own companions. I shall be there by dawn, if not earlier, should the road allow it. Be wary as you approach this destination, for we do not know who else might have received the same message.’

Happy with their response, the three travellers returned to more light-hearted conversation. With banter and songs going back and forth around the wagon, the evening passed quick and night came even quicker. Sure, they might have known each other for a short while, but it seemed as though they had been friends since childhood. Well, they had gone through quite a lot together, from raids to stake-outs, living under the same roof for months - and sometimes without a roof. Indeed, if she had to choose companions for this journey again, Zubaidah would always choose Rafi and Amnet.

And so, the night passed with laughs and drinks, until dawn came and with it their intended destination.
[/i]

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would stride upon her steed Shabdiz as they head to the mountain that the letter beckoned them to. DuskII, Husk, and Dawn all trailed behind her while her beloved golden duck statue, Keb waddled directly behind her. They would head to the mountain as night since it was coolest and they were less likely to come across unsavory characters who wait to ambush unsuspecting travelers during the day. Gilles would hum to herself a marching song of Sassan about conquering the foreign lands and purging the people of the evils that plague them. The rest of the group would chat amongst themselves as they all travel to their destination.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

A cloudy path of dust had been kicked up by the run of Gaaron. It was him and his companion, Nerilla, who he went with. However, during the trip, Angelus who he truly was had begun to have second doubts of bringing his dear friend that he did not wish to see harmed. It may just be within his best interest to leave the ranger woman back at the home for she may be out of way of harm. It rung through his mind often since reading that one word though of "Come", an ominous one that felt like a threatening invitation. Gilgamesh had no other option than the one he had now come upon, and decided sincerely on. Nerilla, the person dearest to his heart had to stay behind. It may not be safe wherever they wished to venture out into. It was at this moment that Angelus spoke, directing Nerilla to ride Gaaron on back home, with nothing more than a command within his voice. It had startled her.

Angelus: "Return home with Gaaron. I will walk the rest of the way. I want you to ensure the estate stays safe."

Ordered the white haired leader.

Nerilla: "Wha- why!? I want to help you! Angelus! Plea-"

Pleaded and begged the woman.

Angelus: "No. I gave you a command. Follow that command."

Stoically he told her as he unmounted Gaaron to begin his trek to the mountain by foot alone. It was not an event that Angelus wished to put the ranger at danger for. Truth be told, he had begun to be frightened. It had been back at that one moment where the woman was rather close to dying due to her taking an arrow to her body to protect Angelus. It was then that Angelus had realized that he cared for her deeply and did not wish harm upon her. It may be that perhaps he is selfish for his feelings for her, but he just could not let that happen to her once more. Into the landscape he began to tread, vanishing slowly within the view of Nerilla who was more than upset. It was quite unlike Angelus to behave within that particular manner with the half fanalis.

Nerilla: "Angelus! You big jerk! You better come back alive!"

Cried out loud the woman, her face teary eyed and red. Just before Angelus had truly vanished behind the veil of the sand, he rose his right hand up, gesturing to see her later. It was then, with only that to say to her, he then departed. It was now for the mountain he went. Nerilla herself went back home as directed, rather upset and sad with Angelus.

Nerilla Samira:

Gaaron:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The travel throughout the night would be cold and silent, many might have thought that nighttime was the safest time to travel, but it was also the perfect time for anyone to do as they pleased without the worry of being seen. However, for our three parties, they were what went bump in the night as their visages and monikers would pass on the minds and lips of those they had made sure leave an impression on during their adventures through these lands. In an eerie yet calming atmosphere, the night passed them by as morning gave rise to light that crowned over the mountain in the distant, the location that they had been called to ominously so.

As they would get closer and closer they would see to large peaks as they got closer and closer to where the base got steeper and different methods of movement might make for easier travel. As the rocks became their ever dominant view they knew that there could only be one place where the person they were supposed to meet would be, at the top where it sloped off to a nearly flat peak. For each of them, it would seem odd as they all approached and saw no one else around the base of it, and no one waiting to jump out at the crevices or anything of that sort.

They wouldn't even see one another, as one way or another through the night they managed to all come at the mountain from a different direction on a different pathway. For all intents and purposes, they wouldn't know if the others were there yet unless they were to communicate or make some sort of noise or visuals that might appear or echo in the sky around them all.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would pout to see that they had to climb all of the way to the top now. She was getting tired of walking and wanted to get to the location as quick as possible. "You my cardinals shall make your way up on foot while i rush to the top!" At this moment she will sprout he wings of flames and start flying up to the top of the mountain as quickly as she can.

The Cardinals would watch as she flies away not surprised at all by their priestess. SHe normally sticks with the group to use numbers but when she goes months without burning things she tends to go crazy. They would just have to accept this as a continuous fact of their leader they followed not so much out of respect but common interest. With the items left behind they would begin to climb the mountain the hard way.

magoi 170/180

weapon used:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Arriving at dawn, they would gather their equipment and set a makeshift camp at the mountain’s foot. Putting aside the empty bottles from last night, however, as they looked around the landscape, it seemed that they were all alone.

‘Huh, it doesn’t look too busy, does it? I was expecting some sorta welcome party, if I’m being honest.’

Amnet looked at him with pouting cheeks, still upset from an incident last night, ‘Yeah, with cake and champagne...’

‘I said I was sorry already, Amnet!’ Rafi brushed off some crumbs stuck to his cheeks still, pushing the bottles in the carriage further away from himself as if they were something criminal.

‘Hmm, this is rather unexpected, I must say. I had also expected something more than, well, nothing. I suppose that our mystery client wants us atop this mountain then, else the invitation would make little sense.’

‘Should we contact your Gilgamesh first?’

‘Yes, I think that might be the safest course of action...’

‘We have arrived at the foot of the mountain now. I would advise climbing it together, for I have a bad feeling in my gut about this place.’

Dallying around their carriage, they would wait for a response from their white-haired acquaintance, their guard high and wary.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was cold. A wintry crisp but silent night of travel for Angelus. Nothing peculiar on his mind except for his goals, and perhaps, well, Nerilla, he pressed on to meet with the maiden at the mountain. It had begun to shift to that of a very stony landscape that laid ever rife with rocks and the sort. Before he knew, the sun had started to rise up to shine light onto the mountain where he was to climb, for conquest. Yet, he had to first meet with Zubaidah, if he could that is. Angelus was to receive a pen to him within their books by this time. It said that she had come to the foot of the mountain, but where? No matter where he looked, he could not find her. It must be that she had been on some other path. Angelus was to try to detail his location but that may be a useless effort. If that did not suffice, perhaps Angelus could try and elevate his person with his iron sand up into the sky then cry out for her. It was a bit of a scary effort, but that was his best bet. Angelus was to pen her of his plan and hope she could receive an idea of where he may be located. Here was his best shot:

Gilgamesh wrote:"I am here as well. It is a bit tough to find each other, but I will try and make a sand pillar and cry out for your name from there. Upon reading this, I want you to keep an eye out for my voice and the pillar for the next few minutes. It is our best shot."

Angelus was to rise himself up with his iron sand and form a sand pillar he could stand on within the air, then proceed to call out the name of the maiden. It was his only hope to unite with her. Yet, this plan could bring foes to him. If he was not careful, Angelus could find himself within a duel with others here. If his plan did not work, he were to lower the iron sand back down and resume on the path he was on, towards the nearly flat peak.

Magoi: 330

Magic Item Used:

Nerilla Samira [At Base]:

Gaaron [At Base]:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The odd thing about looking at something before you climb it and after is when you notice how long it actually takes in comparison to how it might look. This would still be the same for Gilles, she had the magoi but would likely soon see that she would still take at least a few hours to make it to the top. It might take all of her energy if she were to try and fly all the way to the top, but if she took a few seconds to rest it might allow her to push herself in each stretch to make it there without overexerting her body from the stress of flight.

Each moment that passed she would feel the wind buffet at her face, it was a bit chilly, was that due to the altitude or was it due to the time of day? Regardless were it not for the wings of fire on her back it might've been enough to make her shiver. The sun still had a few hours before it would return, so was this a matter of urgency for sake of surprise or anxiety?

At the base of the mountain, Zub and Angelus were only a few miles away from each other and when they would begin to search for one another with their methods it wouldn't be hard for them to find each other at all especially due to the usefulness of their journey books. Angelus' words would echo through the night, and even Gilles would be able to hear them from where she flew, however, it would be a bit muffled due to the wind and distance she had already well-traveled.

The air would be cold for them as well as they would find a few paths that could be walked on, it liked one would have to do a mix of walking and climbing at different times to make it up the most efficient ways. No matter the case they would have to make their way and quickly if they would want to arrive around the same time as their unknown guest.

This thread is now on a timer of 72 hours, extensions will only be given over the most strenuous circumstances and must be requested in advance as much as plausible. If you are not in combat and are skipped it will be taken as silence or continuation of action, if in combat this could result in autohits. Do not worry about others posting, just post as soon as plausible for your own sake.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The high priestess if the flames would feel the raging winds batter against her as she flies. She would already know that she would be unable to fly all of the way to the top of the mountain. She did not like this idea of suspense and mystery so she wanted to make up as much distance as she could to figure out who sent this note to her. She would fly at full speed prepared to land soon but not till she felt like she had covered a good distance.

While much lower down the mountain the inner circle would continue to make their way up tot mountain at a much slower rate.

165/180 magoi

weapon:

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was rather cold. A light gale of the frigid night brushed upon the back of the traveler who hoped to conquer this land. Angelus did not know where his companion may be, but he did know he had to make haste. It was up to her to locate him. However, the man could not dawdle long. It was night, and the man had to begin his trek up this mountain. Unknowing what to do, but resume his cool winter hike, he was to lower himself to the ground. In the wintry dead of the night, he was to depart, for the peak. If the woman came onto this path he was on, she could follow his path to him. If she had needed to be guided any more, he was to mark out his path with his massive greatsword. Anyhow, the man was to begin to climb and hike. Angelus did not let the jagged rocks nor landscape impede his  journey. On his person and back, his light red coat brought him warmth within the cold of the crescent night. As he made his way up the mountain, his snow colored hair swayed ever so gently upon the cool winter breeze.

Angelus: "I hope she can find me fine."

Gaaron [At Base]:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

It did not take long before Zubaidah received her response, but not as she had expected from Gilgamesh. Well, she had hoped for a message, it did not matter whether short or long, but she was given a large iron-sand pillar as well. His voice flying with the mountain wind, she turned around and found the sight of a newly-visible pillar standing on the mountain-side. How could she have expected that! She thought that this mission was a covert one, undertaken in the utmost confidence, but here was a pillar rising tall - any element of surprise surely gone.

‘That's him, isn’t it? Let’s get over there quickly, miss.

‘Are you crying, missus?’

‘No, of course I’m not, Amnet.’

‘I had simply hoped for a more secretive course of action...’

Seeing his position, Zubaidah and her company would pack their things inside the carriage once more, before driving towards the man-made pillar. If they arrived in time, Zubaidah and Amnet would follow Angelus, leaving Rafi to set up a base camp. If not, they would look for signs of his whereabouts, tracking him based on any clues he might have left behind. In either case, however, they were continuing their journey up the mountain for certain.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The sounds of the mountain were peaceful, but also ominous and lulling as the wind blew against the rocky edges singing eerily into the night sky. It would fill their minds and ears as they continued to go about their journeys. It would all seem a bit boring and repetitive as they would rise and rise to see much of the same situation. It wouldn't be until later in the night that they would finally notice something of difference and of note.

There was a sound ringing from the top of the mountain, it was sudden, and with it came a flash that would almost give one the impression of an eruption until they would see the sparks flitter away until another resounding strike came. It was soon constant and it would ring for a solid thirty minutes before eventually fading into the night sky.

This was the first sign that there was anyone else on the mountaintop with them, or more specifically that there was actually someone who had been waiting for them at the top. It must've been somewhat comforting as much as it must've been unsettling at the same time. They wouldn't get any sign from them, but should they have been resting and taking the fastest routes available they would make it to the top as the morning would reach. Like the sun they would rise from the mountaintops and rest where the sky seemed to kiss the earth.

This thread is now on a timer of 72 hours, extensions will only be given over the most strenuous circumstances and must be requested in advance as much as plausible. If you are not in combat and are skipped it will be taken as silence or continuation of action, if in combat this could result in autohits. Do not worry about others posting, just post as soon as plausible for your own sake.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

After traveling for what felt like hours Gilles would take a rest. This would be an opportunity for her to regain stamina and magoi while waiting for her other members to catch up. After resting for a bit she would hear the ringing sound followed by the bright flash of light in the sky above her. She would take this as a sign to start moving again. She would not use her wings again, opting to run/ climb up the rest of the way which would be difficult with her singular arm.

The rest of the group would slowly but surely begin to catch up to their high priestess.

magoi 165/180

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was an ominous night, but one which could lull a man to sleep. However, the sleep that one could get upon this mountain edge was likely not to be that of a pleasant dream, but of one of a nightmare. Once he had begun to see the peak of this summit, he was to take a deep breath, then resume his climb. It was quite a peculiar mountain, one that laid garbed with a veil of mystery. It had come within view, and with the sight of the peak, he was to also catch wind of his climbing partner who he had hoped to meet up with earlier. However, as fate may have, the duo was to only reunite now, rather than before they had begun to first climb the craggy mountain. If the woman could see Gilgamesh, then he was to give a friendly gesture to the woman to come over to where he was. It was then that he gave her and her companions a very light smile. It was here, the peak was upon the two now.

Gilgamesh: "Ah, this ringing.. oh, a flash.."

Murmured the climber, halting for a second, thinking to rest and let Zubaidah catch up to him. If she was to reunite with him now, he was to not say a lot, but just point towards the peak, and give her a very light concerned stare. It was quite clear by his facial expression that he was curious and a bit cautious to what may lie at the top of this summit. Anyhow, he was to continue on his climb, careful to not make a misstep on this very craggy path. In due time, the ringing was to conclude, and the flash and sparks too, but who caused that? No, rather, why did whoever up there do that? It was only one way to uncover the answer to his question, and that was to reach the peak.

Gaaron [At Base]:

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Items:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

ZUZU MANSUR

Zubaidah followed behind Gilgamesh, reaching him as he paused for breath and companionship. She noticed that her white-haired friend was less than talkative and, if she was being honest, she was not in the talkative mood either. No, she was focusing on the event, of rinsing and flashing, which they had both witnessed. She was thinking long and hard about that event, considering it in thought rather than talk.

After all, she had no idea who was watching them.

And so, she continued climbing the mountain upwards, with Rafi and Amnet paced behind, curiosity creeping further into her mind.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After their night of boisterous noises, they would all soon be faced with a fresh morning and the rest of the way up their mountain path. As they rose higher and higher in the sky they would see more of the desert around them and where the scrubland began in the distance. There were flying creatures around the same elevation in the sky as them, circling the mountain as if it were their home and they were oh so lucky to not have to go to their nest.

It would take a good portion of the day before they would finally make it to the peak, the sun would have already reached its own as the day started to reach its hottest in the hours past. Even at their elevation the heat of the sun combined with that of the deserts and baked rock their hands occasionally touched on when it was too steep for them to traverse by feet.

Of all the things they might've expected to see up there it could've been an enemy, someone camping, but no instead it looked like someone who was living an entire life. For those when they reached the top around similar times with Gilles only arriving a few minutes ahead from her flying if she were to conserve energy so she wasn't exhausted. There was no one in sight at the moment, but there was an abode made from stone, there was a garden, and there was even a man-man lake it appeared for water. There were even a few other smaller buildings with one unclear and the others seeming to have a pen of some sort. It was there for them to see and explore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum