You are not connected. Please login or register

What It Means to be Free [FOT/Chain/Event]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Humayra

Humayra
C-Tier
C-Tier

Finding a camp:

"Not every camp is as capable or blessed as ours, and I'm afraid one of our contacts hasn't reported in recently like they were supposed to. It's got me worried something might've happened to them, that's why I'll be sending you to investigate. I'd normally suggest you take a couple people with you just to be safe but... I think in this case company would just slow you down."

Abd Al-Qadir had spoken with a certain knowledgeable tone, lending to the fact he trusted Humayra could get the job done faster and more efficiently if she were to work alone. He was right. No one else in their camp was Fanalis, it made more sense for her to move on her own with this one.

The problem lay in the fact that one of their sister camps needed more assistance than others, unfortunately troops were spread thin to cover other areas and wouldn't be able to provide military backup in any form of timely fashion...

They hadn't heard from this camp in several days now which didn't bode well as it was primarily intended to guide refugees, integrating newly freed slaves by gauging certain talents and organizing them into other camps where they'd be most helpful.

Half a day's travel brought Humayra to the camp Abd Al-Qadir happened to be concerned about, and for good reason. It didn't take an expert to notice something was wrong. Almost immediately upon spotting the camp, Humayra could tell things here were not in good order... The largest structure, despite standing tall on what remained of it's supportive structure, now sat charred and burned.

Cautiously Humayra entered the scene, careful to keep an eye out for any unusual movement. Aside from the occasional sound of slashed and tattered cloth whipping in the wind, the Fanalis girl could find no sign of life... anywhere. Signs of struggle however were everywhere she looked. Several bodies, most belonging to freed slaves who'd fought to retain their freedom only to end up dead, littered the camp's sacked and ravaged tents.

"This is awful." Humayra covered her nose and mouth upon finding a body inside one of the tents. He was strong, muscles rippling over his form, but the shredded corpse of the man inside suggested a heavily unfair struggle of life and death had gone down between him and whatever group he'd been trying to fight off...

No supplies. No people. The signs of struggle were everywhere. Scouting the edge of camp revealed to Humayra at least one good sign. On the northeastern side she found tracks. Many tracks, belonging to beast and carriage, as well as many sets of human footprints. A good sign because it meant one very important detail to Humayra; that these raiders, or whoever they were, hadn't left this camp with any degree of haste. Finding the tracks was doubly good because it meant she had a clear trail to follow, and people to who needed to be saved.

The only concern now would be how many people she'd be forced to kill in order to get their people back...

WC: 517/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum