Parthevia I: New Lands & New Faces [Job/Diana]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

In the sky rose the sun over the near desert like landscape. Angelus was located among some of the more lush of the region, but if he went farther south there would be largely sand and desert. It was for the military of Reim that he was now here near the border. After the fiasco within Ibania, the military began to get word of refugees trying to come to Reim. Angelus did not exactly know why though. Yet he were to try and figure out why and learn more of the situation that was starting to unfold within Heliohapt, the desert nation that Angelus bore relatives from. It is still but a foreign land to him though. However, if he sought to expand the great nation of Reim one day, Angelus had to learn more of about these lands and begin laying his seeds into the sandy soil of Heliohapt, particularly the Parthevia region of which the Heliohapt people governed.

Angelus were to open his flask as the bright morning sun met the white haired man and his subordinates. Bringing the flask to his parched lips, he were to start eating his rations. However, suddenly a task were to be brought to the attention of the centurion. It seemed that the legion commander had been asked to send a capable soldier out to capture a fort of bandits from Reim that have been preying upon Heliohapt people. It were to be news to Angelus that irritated him. How repulsive to just prey on people struggling.

Angelus: "I will set out at once then. Is there any more information about these bandits before I go? I will bring Nerilla with me."

Said the irritated Angelus, not quite being fond of the dry heat and news of bandits from Reim plundering from innocent people of Heliohapt.

Envoy: "We have hired a mercenary experienced in bounty hunting to come along. She is waiting near the horses and Gaaron."

Said the man, directing the man to the woman who Angelus is to work with today.

Angelus: "Good grief.. I suppose help would not hurt for once."

Mumbled the dark eyed centurion, gathering his tools. Gesturing over to his green haired ranger friend to come with, Nerilla, he were to begin to trek to the horses and where Gaaron, a beast Angelus bought was located. Angelus were to scratch his head and upon seeing the pale skin woman, he were to rise his hand up as if to say hello and not much else to her. If there was one thing he would first say to her while boarding Gaaron, he were to comment on her rather pale skin. Nerilla were to however apologize in Angelus' steed, knowing how cold and rude Angelus may be.

Angelus: "Your white skin won't do quite well here. I myself am having enough trouble as it is with the heat."

Said the grumpy Angelus while mounting Gaaron.

Nerilla: "Angelus! Don't be so rude! I am sorry about him, he has never been this far south. He is from a bit more northern in Reim. My name is Nerilla, and yours?"

Apologized Nerilla, the half Fanalis and half Heliohaptian. She were to mount the beast from Marax right behind Angelus, grasping onto his waist. Angelus were to grab out his map meanwhile Nerilla socialized with the mercenary woman. It looked like the fort of the bandits was quite a ride from where Angelus and co were, but not too far to where it were to take more than half a day. It were to likely only take two hours to which Angelus expected Nerilla to talk quite a lot. Angelus were to sigh to himself. Anyhow, time for Angelus to begin traveling. He began riding on.

Angelus: "Just follow along, pale woman."

Said the young man atop the Marax beast.

Nerilla: "So where are you from, Reim? I am half Fanalis and half Heliohaptian! Where have you traveled?"

Asked the chatty Nerilla that sat behind Angelus.

Plot Log: Gaaron obtained.

Wordcount: 666

Magic Weapon Equipped:

Magic Item Equipped:

NPC & Magic Tools Attached:

Gaaron:

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

夜開草
and you were the moon; most beautiful in darkness.
word count 498 / 1500
This task was not any more difficult than those she had taken in the past. Nor was it very different. After the war in Kou, not getting her toes dipped into the internal affairs of what did not concern her was a lesson to be learned. Though, going from spilling the blood of soldiers back to bandits was a start. Mars was glad to have her back in Reim, at least. It was good for business.

While she wasn’t familiar with the geography of Heliohapt, she knew the state of the capital and had but glimpsed the state of its people. Jahan had larger ambitions in terms of aiding them. But Diana was content fighting for the people in her own way. If they were just a bit safer, they’d better survive on their own.

The rays of the sun shined bright down onto the sands with a heat that could only be described as brutal. How Pluto could stay standing with the thickness of his coat was beyond her comprehension. But each time she asked, he would tell her he was fine.

They were to work together with others— unfavorably so. Mars wouldn’t be pleased with the split of the coin but so long as the job was completed, it didn’t matter.

At an initial glance, he seemed tolerable with nothing more than a wave as he approached. The comment that followed was less appreciated by Pluto than Diana had given it thought.

“Mind your tongue.” The canine growls, snapping his jaws toward Angelus. Diana, on the other hand, leaves his comment to linger without response and reins Pluto over to make a slight distance between them. Lest he makes dinner out of his mount.

They had been even further south than this. Over the past few weeks going to and from the territories, the paleness of her complexion was not much of a hindrance— or perhaps, she was just used to it.

With only a brief glance to spare him, she looks to his companion. “He is forgiven,” she says bluntly, which elicits a snort from Pluto. But she gives a subtle tug on his mane as if to say, be nice. Though she knew he would not listen for long.

She dips her head a slight towards Nerilla with a gentle smile. “I am Diana.” It was good that one of them was friendlier than the other. For what it was worth, it would distract her from the heat.

As they began to move, Diana would keep the irate Pluto reigned back so she could converse with the other halfling. “The heart is where I was born and lived most of my life,” she starts, “But I’ve been to Kou and parts of Heliohapt. The state of the capital there is grim.” It concerned her but not like it did Jahan. Her desire to restore such a wasteland died when he disappeared. But to aid the people of their lands would always remain her duty.

beasts:

weapons:

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 29/03/21, 01:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Upon the three people, the sun continued shining bright and rather hot. As he kept riding onto the location marked on the map, the nonchalant man were to listen on to Nerilla and the woman by the name of Diana converse. It perhaps may have not been so bad though. Angelus were to be quite curious to be quite frank. It was key for him to gain valuable information on someone well traveled. With a blank dead expression on his face, he stared on at the desert for some time, before speaking up to hopefully have some of his curiosities satiated. Angelus' right hand grasping onto the reins of Gaaron, he scratched the back of his neck, just somewhat nervous. It was not often that Angelus tried to start conversations, nor even liked to. Yet for the cause he was trying to lead, he just tried to talk even if awkwardly or a bit timid.

Angelus: "Ehhh, I am not very knowledgeable on the capital. I just know that the country is turning to shit. Do you happen to know why?"

Young and inexperienced and untraveled Angelus were to inquire about, truly curious about the country.

Angelus: "I may be a quarter Heliohaptian, but I know nothing of that country nor the culture or people. I only know Reim. I only know my identity as Reiman."

Said the long haired man, rapidly being lost in his words.

Nerilla: "Hmm.. I have to say I only identify as Reiman as well, even though I tell people my ancestry. I usually only say it so people do not ask me questions about that later on. You, Diana?"

Asked the green haired woman, opening up to Diana similar to how Angelus began to on the two hour long journey to the location of the bandits.

Angelus: "Your beast is quite protective. It is good of him. You would not want a companion who is not."

Stated the man once Diana likely replied to Angelus and Nerilla.

Nerilla: "Yeep, Angelus is right."

Agreed the woman, nodding energetically. Angelus at this moment had begun to daze off. It were to look like he was daydreaming as he were to begin being further lost in his words. After being in a hot desert for so long, perhaps he had started to become delirious. It was not something that the two women were to not know when Angelus began rambling on. However, there would lie full truth in what he said, though he was hot and perhaps becoming delirious. Angelus' eyes stared on with dead eyes, perhaps cause he knew just how cruel fate could be. In spite of knowing the brutality of fate, he still none the less held his dreams for a better future, albeit if with menacing and scary means to acquire those dreams.

Angelus: "Our world will be sent into further disarray at this rate. A great cleansing of evil is due. For me, evil is all who oppose Reim, so I work hard day and night for my people, even if I am treated unlike a Reiman usually. I hope I can prove to my country that I and others are proud Reiman people. Reim must be brought to glory and further, or else Reim will only eventually die. It must become more. It must.. conqu.."

Before he finished that word, she were to cry out for him to stop.

Nerilla: "Angelus!"

Spoke the cynical man, having long been lost in his own words. It was too late now for him to revoke anything previously mentioned. An eerie feeling emanated from the young Angelus, but one that was born only from how protective and determined he was for his dreams. It was rather unsettling for Nerilla right now. It was not good for Angelus to just let his menacing plans known. While the plans are born from a longing for his nation to succeed, he did not need to tell Diana. Yet, the radical imperialist could not help himself. Angelus' mission began here within the borders of Reim and the fractured Heliohapt nation. It was necessary for him to start moving, to train to no end's rest, to begin planting seeds within the sandy soil of his soon to be territory. If the young man wished to do anything he dreamed of, he had to keep his secrets to him and his faction, until the day of a declaration of war came and the conquering commenced. It was only a matter of time.

Wordcount: 737

Magic Weapon Equipped:

Magic Item Equipped:

Gaaron:

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

夜開草
word count 998 / 1500
“I am a Corvus and we are Reiman by origin. But our roots extend much deeper than that. We can live in many places but at the end of the day, we are Fanalis. Like my father and those before him.”

It was something she had pride in even when shamed for her half-blood. Her ancestors blessed her with their strength and allowed her to run with them. An honor that not many were fortunate to be given. Much like her sister.

The compliment Angelus gave had Pluto standing a little taller, more dignified in his current mindset than before. Diana gives a rough scratch to the back of his mane before patting the fur back down. He shakes his head, droplets of his saliva causing the sand to pop and hiss as they hit the ground.

“As for Heliohapt, their capital is in shambles. Feral beasts roam the outskirts and there is a strange substance in the area that changes people.” A sigh as she runs her fingers back through her hair. “I was not a fool to tread much closer. But there seemed to be a divide in the people. I’ve helped them as much as I could for the brief time I was there.”

Until Jahanghir had disappeared— the world king, lost to the rift or to other women. Their bond within the dagger had since faded to nothing. A relic she kept stowed in a dark place, much like her grief. She knew his nature long before he swore himself to her. But she had always known his strengths.

Hearing what Angelus had to say left her wistful with a drop of sadness that rippled in her chest. “I knew someone like you once. He was much more ambitious,” she muses. As the world king ought to have been, he wanted it all. “If there is anything you should learn from his mistakes is that you can’t do it alone. The higher you climb in your vanity, the longer and harder the fall. Loyalty through respect can go a long way.”

She would hold her hand up to pacify Nerilla— what he spoke was no bother to her. If it meant his ambitions were a secret, the contents of his words were nothing Diana had not heard before.

“Just don’t rush into it or you’ll burn faster than you’d like. Trust me. Evil in this world is greater than those who oppose Reim. It is everywhere, even in yourself. We can not escape it. All we can do is try to be as good as we can and do well by those like us.”

During her time in Kou, Diana had seen a lot more sides to the world than she had ever expected. All her losses packed into her small frame to the point where they overflowed. Yet at the same time, she found love and compassion that she did not have before.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It seemed that Diana was far more prideful to be Fanalis than of Reim. It was a concept of identity that Angelus had heard much of before, yet could just never understand. Perhaps there was more to identity, and the loyalty of others. It was tough to know or understand, but Angelus were to try and respect that about the white haired woman. However, that meant to Angelus that she was not Reiman but merely a Fanalis. It was odd to him that she spoke about her roots. For the young tan skin man, his roots did not matter. It was meaningless to try and connect his very being to the past of any of his ancestors. What mattered to him is the nation he belongs to, the people he befriends, and not his ancestry nor his tan complexion. Angelus hoped to change his nation so that no matter your ancestry, you could feel great pride in being Reiman, and not have to pride yourself in an ancestry you do not understand nor know. It is a country for a reason. It is cause they are your people and nobody else. That is how young Angelus understood his very identity.

Listening on further to Diana, she spoke about Heliohapt's current dilemma and frightening situation. Tragedy was befalling the western world. For there to be beasts in the once great capital of Heliohapt was greatly unheard of. It was quite bewildering for Angelus to hear. If this was true, Heliohapt was one of the places that truly required a great cleansing first. It could not last. It could not persist. Its evil will only climb north towards Reim if left alone. Angelus were to have then gone into his spiel, which Nerilla had intercepted. However, the sympathetic Diana must have had a cord in her heart struck by what was said by the white haired man cause she herself opened up to a bit, even going on to give her own words of wisdom to the quite zealous and power hungry Angelus. It was likely good words for him to hear from her. Angelus looked on into the desert solemnly, staring for a few minutes without saying a word, before the bandit base were to then unveil itself.

Angelus: "It is benign to say evil exists in our hearts. It is true. It would be a lie to say otherwise. Fate is rather cruel. I can understand why evil festers and forms itself outside of our very hearts. What is evil though? What is good? Are my desires and my means of realizing my desires evil, or good? I think most can say they would be rather evil, the means, but the desires, are quite good. Do you think good can be realized without evil, Diana? Can children not cry nor the blood of the innocent be spilt to realize the greater good? Fate is too cruel to let evil not exist, as evil is necessary for good to exist. For if there was no evil, how would good be realized? It is sad that some are as naïve as to think that there can only be nothing but good. Once a man realizes that, then only then, can he cleanse this world of its vile evil."

Stated the white haired man, his locks flowing in the breeze. In front of him and the two others, the bandit camp lied. Angelus' dead and dark eyes stared forth. It were to focus on the evil, and command Nerilla to burst the wooden fort wall open with her wind magic. It is the pain and suffering that must be had to make any change for the greater good. It is this world's only path of salvation. Angelus understood this and was not proud of how the world was built. However, he had to keep on moving forward, crushing his enemies, until there was nobody left of the darkness. Nerilla were to throw a ball at the wooden fort, and the wood were to go flying into the sky and the bandits were to scramble suddenly, shocked at the sudden attack. It were to seem two of the bandits were to be crushed and injured by the wind magic.

Angelus: "Let the cleansing begin."

Declared the wildly determined man. Lending his axe magoi, he were to send out an axehead of copper to cut two men down that were charging at Angelus who had begun to ride Gaaron into the fort to commence the massacre. Giving magoi to his proud laurel Reim armband, he were to rip through the shields of two other bandits that made an attempt to defend against Angelus, which for them turned out to be futile in the face of his magic.

As if butter, the men were to have not only their precious shields cut down, but also their own bodies. As if a geyser, blood were to rapidly gush out from the wounds of the men. It was the end of Angelus' strike now. If him and Diana were finished here, Angelus were to ride over to Diana and thank her for the help. Nerilla were to ask Diana though if she wished to come back to eat back at the military camp. Angelus simply stared off into nothingness for the short moment, just silently pondering to himself, while Nerilla tried to make a new friend.

Nerilla: "Ah- Diana, would you like to come back to eat back at our camp? We could feed your puppy if you'd like. Right, Angelus?"

Said the cheery Nerilla, interested in Diana and wishing to hear more about her. Angelus were to respond when his name was called upon.

Angelus: "Oh, yeah, sure. I have questions on Kou too, if you don't mind."

Said the curious young man. It may be good for Angelus to have a friend or guide like Diana who knew more about the world than him.

Wordcount: 987

Overall Wordcount: 2390

Magoi: 270

Magic Weapon Equipped:

Magic Item Equipped:

Gaaron:

Last edited by Angelus on 09/04/21, 07:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

夜開草
word count 2000 / 1500
The way he spoke— it was articulate, thought-provoking in every aspect. Each word picked at her mind. His questions were not something she could answer in the short time they had left to spare.

As the bandit camp came into their range,  Diana noticed the dead, dark look in Angelus’ gaze as he gave his command. It was the kind of look that Phobos would have when he lost control of himself. Focused, filled with a void that would no doubt grow harder to come back from.

Nerilla would waste no time in blasting the doors wide open with her magic. The bandits had already begun to take casualties. They pushed forward into the encampment and for once, Diana would stay behind for a small moment— watching him as he began to rip through their bodies.

“Are you alright, my lady?” Pluto asked, craning his head to look at her as she climbed down from his back. “My mind is a little clouded. That is all,” she says. The canine wasn’t sure to make of it and he seemed certain that neither did she. His brow knit as he leaped towards the encampment, his speed just as formidable as her own. Right behind him, she followed in suit.

Their numbers were not great from what she could tell at a glance. A few dozen or less. It was hard to tell but their forces were dwindling.

(1) She came crashing down upon them like a meteor, splintering the earth. Each move she made after that was fluid, the flow of a stream. A pair were foolish enough to approach her, their swords ready to come down on her. But she is swifter. Their efforts a disappointing turn.

(2) It didn’t take much to return them to the rukh. She grabs ahold of their wrists, ducking beneath their swords. A slight application of pressure and the bones in their wrist shatter. They scream out in pain, dropping their weapons. She tugs them toward her, only to release their wrists and make a swift chop to their spines, killing them instantly.

There were others, standing back. One would usher on the others but they would just stare, legs trembling. It was pathetic. (3) Their shields would be held up towards her as they backed away.

(4) She stands up straight, rolling her neck so it cracks. A whistle passes her lips and Pluto is there within seconds. The two on her left are captured within his jaw. His acid corroding their shields and his sharp teeth ripping through their flesh. The other two attempt to run but Diana throws her ax, nailing one in the head. For the other, she vaults towards them. Her fingers grasp around their hair, tugging them back only to knee them in the back. Her elbow comes down on their sternum, finishing them off.

Diana tosses the body to the side, her chest heaving as she pants off the adrenaline. Taking a last survey of the area, it seemed they were done. A quick job for what she felt was a suitable cause. Even if it didn’t feel quite right.

Angelus and his companion ride over to her with their thanks. She would offer a nod and a smile. Nerilla asks her if she would like to join them. A proposal that did not seem like a bad one to accept. Besides, the younger man seemed curious to hear about her experiences.

“I would be honored. Though, I would not entertain feeding him,” she would say, gesturing towards Pluto, “A true child of gluttony. He will be fine with this.”

Her own beloved companion had been disposing of the corpses in his own way. Each of them found their way into his gullet. His stark white coat stained a deep crimson, strings of sinew sizzling between his teeth.

“Angelus. What you said before… I do not believe that good can be realized without evil. Nor could evil be realized without good. That is the very nature of balance.” Pluto arrives at her side with haste, finished with his meal. He bends his knees to allow her to climb up. “Fate is composed of many paths and only we can choose upon which threads to step. I have made my own choice to not bring harm to those who are innocent and live honest lives and continue to punish those that do.”

As they began to move forward, she would leave no room for silence. What she felt when she looked at him could only be explained was inspiration. Not to see him as a guide but to be a voice that could one day influence his fate. For as young as he seemed to be, his inexperience may very well lead him to ruin.

“My time at war has strengthened that resolve. I had thought what I’d be facing was the worst of the worst. When in fact, the only demons were the men who led those soldiers. They used children to fight for them, drugged and misguided. Out of the dozen young Fanalis that they unleashed, I could only save one. The rest I would presume are dead, some at my own hand. I had fled that battlefield with him and I do not regret my choices.”

It hurt her more than anything in the world to remember his voice. The way it pleaded with her to help him. Even now, those nightmares disturbed his peace. All she could do is hold him. Just as she did on that day. The thought of him leaves her arms feeling empty and her heart to ache.

“If you wish to become like those men to bring your dream to fruition. Then, it may be fated that we meet as enemies. Even if I wish it does not come to that.”

For she would do anything to protect the lands she called home and the people she held dear to her heart. Even now, as she closed her eyes— she could see them all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum