You are not connected. Please login or register

Woes of Parthevia [Plot/Training]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Night lied upon the vast desert, with yet another arduous month of fervent effort to be put into furthering one's self but this time, far more than the other times. It was relatively cold out. Everyone was asleep, dreaming to their heart's content. Yet, the white haired man that had been plunged into the deep end of training a couple months ago could not sleep, for he was resolved to meet his own outrageous demands and wishes. Adorned upon his head was a purple bandana. Upon his face was no expression quite special, cause his face rarely changed from the dead look that he wore nonchalantly. Under the dark of the night, he were to change up his pace of training and his now redundant routine. Ensuring he was well equipt for this particular training, he brought his flask of water, a portion of rations, and his kit of capable tools and weapons. However, truly, Angelus just required his sword to be rather frank, but bringing his other items was not a bad idea, if things did get rough for whatever odd reason. It was tonight he were to face the rather great and ferocious rumored beasts of the dark void of light desert of Parthevia that roamed.

Mounting the beast, Gaaron, while unraveling a map gifted to him by a local from here within this sub region of Parthevia, he were to begin to set out. Angelus was searching for a particular agile and deadly beast said to roam when the sun came down from the sky. It was a rare type of scorpion known to hunt only at night for prey to chow down on. On edge with his environment, the young man made sure to constantly and never stop surveying for beasts and this illusive scorpion species known as the nightshade scorpion that are dark purple in color. Angelus traveled with a torch, lighting the desert while he searched. If he sought to be a stronger warrior then he had to face stronger and evasive enemies, that he had to test not only his might with but his eyes and mind. It was only through those three mentioned that he had to train to truly hone his combat, and way of fighting. It was no use for him learning every technical term and specific maneuver. If he wished to improve with his own genius, and forge his own style, he had decided that he were to need to learn from the dangerous trial and error of the great Parthevian desert.

Upon delving only further within the desert may the scorpion strike. It is at that very moment when the young man found himself awfully surrounded by multiple of the almost fabled scorpions. It was not common for humans to lay eyes on them due to the dangerous nature of the night crawling creatures. Widening his eyes for a moment when he found himself surrounded, he tried to calm himself. In rather great annoyance, he sucked his teeth, drawing his heavy bastard sword to get prepared to fight his path to growth and another day of life. Gaaron stood brave however, having lived through the moons of Marax. Angelus was content to have such a beast like Gaaron, though Angelus was wholly oblivious to where this beast had even come from. Just like the monsters they were, they came at Angelus with a blood thirsty intent to kill him. It was quick! Angelus had fought wild beasts before but these were far quicker and could deliver a harmful poison to him. Was this such a sound idea now? It is too late to return to the past now, he had to fight for his life.

Angelus had to focus to not lose these scorpions to his unease. If he wished to return, he had to act properly within this pitch black dark of Parthevian cold nights. Thrusting himself into valiant combat on the white Marax beast, he were to duck his head careful, hearing out for his other foes near him while he moved and swiped his blade, slicing down dark purple scorpions one by one. Angelus' white hair flying beautiful within the desert while surrounded by death that can befall him at any moment, one could only wonder how this may turn out. It was certainly a test of his acute awareness and his multiple senses that helped to receive knowledge of his environment. Angelus sliced apart scorpions left and right, grazing the air near their very deadly stingers. It were to feel much more natural than how he fought other times for some reason he did not quite understand. Angelus may have figured out something subconsciously within the moment.

Yet this were to not last for quite very long while he fought, for then while he were to strike the last one, the stinger of the final remaining dark scorpion were to graze his skin, quickly finding itself within his blood stream. Right then and there, he were to begin to feel fatigue for the next couple minutes, wondering if he was to die here now, his eyes fading to the dark closure of his eyelids and the night. However, before he fell, he were to mutter to Gaaron, the beast, while he tried to direct him someplace. It was orders to the beast he were to direct. Angelus fell unconscious now though, leaving his fate within the hands of his beast. Secure on Gaaron though, the beast rushed to try and return back to the base, running through other wilderness and unknown area to reach the camp. It was at that moment though that a light were to illuminate to the face of Gaaron from a town, and an elderly woman found the unconscious warrior.

It was bright now. It was bright within the face of Angelus, with sunshine showering his face that could have been devoid of life just the night before come sunrise. If he had not been found, he could have been gone. Upon waking, he were to realize that he had been saved somehow, but by who and how? Did his orders to his rather loyal and hasty friend, Gaaron, somehow help him not succumb to the poison? Yet how though? It does not seem he was saved by his military camp, but likely by an unknown stranger that Gaaron must have found. Angelus were to try and sit up from where he lied, but trying to sit up was somehow awfully painful. It must be the poison that damaged some of his body still. However, he was now fine he must imagine. Sighing to himself, he were to turn his head to try and view the room he was resting within. It was just appeared to be a medical room of some sort. It had bottles and jars full of what looked to be herbs and medicine, with some other medical items lying about.

Not having much to do, he waited to see when whoever rescued him were to come to see him. After some time, some young woman were to enter through the door, bringing Angelus local Parthevian food. It was a special local dish that consisted of rice and vegetables grown within the village. It was quite the kind gesture. Angelus truly felt indebted. However, he felt like a dumbass for trying to slay such frightening creatures. Yet, the young man felt that fighting those scorpions somehow made him fight more uniquely, with some type of flow of his sword that he could not put into words very well. Anyhow, he were to turn his head to the kind woman, thanking her, trying to sit up but failing to do so. It were to prompt a small chuckle from the young woman, before she were to sit down and set the bowl down next to him. Angelus were to be rather nervous, feeling somewhat embarrassed that he could not get up. Flustered, he tried to avoid eye contact with the woman. However, the woman were to then grab his arm suddenly.

Angelus: "Ah- What a-"

Rapidly said the man, feeling shy that she were to grab him without warning.

Woman: "Hmm, I see, your muscles are recovering. It is good that my grandma found you when she did. If you had went longer without the antidote, more of your muscles would have been inhibited, including your heart. It is nice to have a friend like the one you do, that beast. I think he is pretty kind behind his scary face though."

Communicated the local Parthevian girl, that then rested her hand on her lap.

Angelus: "Ah.. yeah.. I thought I was gone to be honest."

Bluntly he said, trying to avoid eye contact still.

Woman: "What is it that you fought anyway? I think you are lucky that the antidote worked. It could have not. It is an antidote for a multitude of local toxins."

Inquired the young lady.

Angelus: "Oh.. I uh, I fought the nightshade scorpions.."

Muttered the shy soldier, sneaking slight glances at the girl.

Woman: "What!? Those? Why?"

Asked the girl, quite surprised.

Angelus: "Ehh, for training. I had to test myself.."

Admitted the bed ridden man.

Farva: "I have not heard of people trying to purposely fight them for years. I think the last that I had heard of that was when I was a child. Everyone who sets out to fight them never returns though.. Only my grandpa has fought them and survived. What is your name? Mine is Farva."

It is quite soft he thought, her voice. Angelus mused for a moment over who her grandpa may be. It was said from rumors within the local region that these scorpions had rarely ever been seen, and those who did see them were great capable men and women. If her grandpa truly did duel those ferocious scorpions then he was eager to meet him. However, his condition right now did not fair quite well for him. Angelus had no choice but to try and recoup. Sighing from knowing he could not jump back into training right now, he then responded to the kind woman.

Warrior Training Wordcount: 1693

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilgamesh: "Ah, Gilgamesh.. That is my name.. Oh and uh, do you think I can get some food.."

Very nervously he said, remembering he must conceal his identity, right before his stomach were to growl loudly. It was so embarrassing to require the help of complete strangers, but he had no choice. Gilgamesh, the mighty warrior of the ravening and merciless lands of Parthevia could not stand up, nor even feed himself. It was a strike to his ego, but a humbling strike though. It may be a good time to try and overcome this damage to his muscle, by the techniques of body manipulation. If he could successfully jump his muscles back up, he could begin to return to his proper training. In a sense, he was still training but just not training what he had expected to be training. Gilgamesh were to be fed and taken care of by the kind local girl, Farva, meanwhile he made a rigorous effort to train his body's muscles to kick back into drive. Yet, this were to prove to be quite the arduous task. It was no easy task, due to his inexperience with manipulating his muscles.

It felt like a new boulder within his path to learn how to move. Gilgamesh could no nothing but for the few days, slowly move his body. It was lucky for him that within the day he woke that he could stumble about to piss or do his business. However, many times his legs and other muscles were to just fail. Gilgamesh were to amaze the villagers who were to hear about how he fought the scorpions and lived. It were to make him to be the talk of the village, even having the old man of Farva come to hear of his deadly battle. Gilgamesh were to have truly impressed him with his story. In the days that passed, he began to be able to move his arms more, though slowly and only really ever to eat or drink. However, Farva insisted that she could keep feeding him herself. If he ever exerted too much of his effort with manipulating his muscles to move again, he usually let Farva feed him. It never got less embarrassing though.

Gilgamesh: "I have some comrades who are worried for me. I should return back to them at once. However, I will come back. I am recovered enough to likely make the trip back. It should not be far from here. Thank you, Farva.. I will promise to return."

Said the white haired man the night before he were to set out to return to his military camp where his comrades had likely been worried for his well being. It was a nice time here. However, Angelus had to inform his men that he was alive and quite well. Only then, would he return here. Angelus had grown close to the people that lived here and the family of Farva, who he were to talk and converse with. It looked to be that Farva was a bit down to no longer be by him, but he truly made the promise to return within a few day's time. It was during those days that he then made the trip back to camp, met with his men and had their worries relived. It was nice to be with his comrades. However, Angelus still struggled to truly move his body the way he wanted.

It was mostly coming back, but he still could not exert much effort until he could bring every one of his muscles back to full power. It were to happen bit by bit though. Angelus with time were to even be able to force more muscle exertion from his preexisting muscles. It were to finally help him be able to walk and move mostly normally, though with slight exhaustion still. However, he could now return back to that village to see the woman and talk to her father who were to lend his treasure of experience from fighting within a war long ago. It was said that the old man was a commander of a fairly large army, but that now he was just retired and wished to live with the common folk, farming and being with family.

D-Tier Body Manipulator to C-Tier Body Manipulator

Body Manipulator Wordcount: 712

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

From the distant desert, Gaaron sprinted onward. Coming to the village that was a decently lively place, he were to halt in his burly tracks. Upon the sound of the beast's heavy steps entering her ear, Farva rushed out of her home, together with others of the village. Over a dozen eyes now set on Gilgamesh, he were to unmount his beast to greet the kind people that were amazed by his recovery and the rumors of his battle with the nightshade scorpions just some days prior now. It was nice to see the villages interested about his story. Occupied with the people, he were to talk to them for a bit, explaining his battle then having to explain where he came from and who he is. It was hard though crafting a story of where he originated from though due to his lack of knowledge of Parthevia. It was smartest for him to just leave the details vague and say he came from somewhere far but not too far. If anybody inquired further, he tried to ignore them. Gilgamesh though did not wear a scarf around his neck at this moment. It may not be very needed for now.

Once he was finished talking with the village locals, he made his way to Farva and her other relatives that were eager to talk more to Gilgamesh, including the old man that wished to teach him how to better fight. Over a traditional Parthevian dinner they ate and discussed more. It was realized quickly after they conversed more that the young white haired man was the very same Gilgamesh who's rumors and tales had been lurking around often. It seemed the mother of Farva had heard word by another woman in another village that there was a local warrior traversing the lands.

Grandpa of Farva: "Is this true..? How come you are doing what you do?"

Asked the seemingly wise and experienced elder, staring at Gilgamesh intensely for a moment. It looked like the old man wished to understand him and his motives. It was hard to just tell the man the entire truth, so he were to just tell him part of the truth and nothing else. None the less though, this felt quite hard to muster out of him to even say to the old man.

Gilgamesh: "I wish to rid of the evil of Parthevia, and establish the Kingdom of Parthevia."

It was like that one time, when Angelus had told Aureus of his preposterous dreams to revive the dead Empire of Reim. It felt like time froze, like the food on the very plates of the family just stood completely still. It felt that the eyes of the family just merely pierced his core of being. However, despite what he felt that the family felt of him within that moment, he were to close his eyes, before then opening them while he began to continue what he had to say. Gilgamesh tried not to pay no mind whatever their faces may be right now. It was the truth that he had just told them. However, though he felt they were likely looking down on him currently, he could not be farther from the truth. In their eyes, they were merely astounded by what he said he was trying to do. Gilgamesh's dead eyes stared deep within a dark void while he went on to speak further, indoctrinating his new subordinates. It was rather frightening for outsiders, but for those within the room, this was quite like a dream.

Gilgamesh: "From the dirty bandits, to the warlords, to the selfish nobles, I wish to rid of them. I wish to have Parthevia thrive and bloom into a great land. I know the journey will be rather hard and cruel, but I decided a long time ago that I will either have my way, or die trying. I have long since accepted the brutality of fate. I will try my very hardest to shine the light upon our fates, so that fate can be more bearable, perhaps even enjoyable. I will traverse on, and on, despite the pain. It is humans who continue, despite the pain, for the sake of living, for the sake of trying to feel joy of this world."

It is these words that were to leave the room speechless. It left Farva herself enraptured by his words. Once he was done talking, he glanced around the dumbfounded room, feeling an awkward silence, just before then the relatives of the woman burst into a frenzy, praising the man for his speech and great dream. It was the truly unexpected conclusion. If he was well liked before, he was now far beyond well liked, he was a trophy to uphold to the village and someone that they could look up to. It seemed that Reza, the grandpa to Farva, was quite satisfied by the answer that Gilgamesh delivered. It was then that the training with the to be hopeful legendary King of Parthevia began, under the expertise of an elderly man that fought many battles during his younger days.

Once he started training with the experienced grandpa, he were to truly learn that this man was not lying when he said when he fought within a war. Gilgamesh day after day, for a few weeks were to be taught techniques, minor details and tips that ended up amounting to a lot of useful information that could further his swordsmanship. Reza were to be quite impressed by the progress of Gilgamesh once the information became more of a natural habit to him. Reza was amazed that the young man had such a genius mind for even elaborating on the techniques he was taught, to try and optimize his style.

Reza: "It is key to make sure your body can keep up with your new techniques. I will have Farva cook you up a great supper, but resume training. I see you have a fairy strong body, but that needs to tighten up more, same with your stamina. I will see you back home when the sun has left the sky."

Gesturing bye to Gilgamesh, the old man left to leave him to train. It was hard though for him to keep up for much longer. It felt like his stamina was nearly depleted now. It felt like forever, like time just did not pass. Angelus was ready to have this over with now, but he had to brave the pain, while trying to not succumb to his fatigue. Adorned with a backpack full of heavy minerals, he was told to do multiple exercises, then perform multiple techniques he learned with the minerals on his very back. It was a great back workout though, that was for sure. Angelus however was just about ready to be done. Yet, that time never came, not for a while. It was only one part of his training though, for there was far more to come, more training that was oriented for his bodily functions rather than plain physical and technical training. Only days later though, would his warrior training come to an end but topped with a finishing touch that required Gilgamesh to learn how to calmly enter a flow, so to speak, the flow of battle, rather than striking with malice.

Atop his beast, Gaaron, the young man set out to slay the scorpions one last time. It was the last task of Reza for him. It required him to be within the calm flow, rather than lashing out with too much of a bloodthirst or wild heart. It better helped with focus when fighting. Gilgamesh rode into the depths of the deadly desert with his blade prepared to slice his foes to pieces. It came now, and quick! From the dark of the night, the dark purple scorpions surrounded him. It was an unheard number of them that was here now. It felt similar to last time, the scary feeling, but that feeling subsided when the white haired man inhaled and exhaled deeply. It was now like he was on the clouds, within the sky, and like the flow of the wind was obvious to him when the scorpions began to strike at him, one by one, some at the same time. It was with his focus, his senses of the flow, his brawns, and technique, that he were to come out from this unprecedented battle the victor, unscathed, and having grown.

Gilgamesh: "I will become King of Parthevia, Emperor of Reim."

B-Tier Warrior to A-Tier Warrior

Warrior Wordcount: 3112

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

It was then that he could now return home, or well, not a place that was his home but a place that sure began to feel like his with every day he spent there. It was not quite responsible of him to be visiting here so often though. Angelus had to focus on his men and his further plans, but he did need to train. Despite his thankful victory over the nightshade scorpions, the man had not came to the conclusion just yet of his training, for he had more lessons he must learn from that old man. It will be nice to return though. Although he tried not to enjoy the woman, Farva, he just could not restrain himself to not draw closer to her. However, he did not want to drag her too close to him, for he was only becoming more known by the days that passed. It lit up the night when he, Gilgamesh, returned to the village. Just as he had predicted, Farva were to embrace the man. Behind her, her old man stared at him having come back within one piece, unharmed and not a scratch on him. It was rather promising for her gramps to see such a capable man have such high ambitions like to be the very King of Parthevia. It made Reza quite content and satisfied to be able to share his experience and techniques to someone like him.

Being able to now sleep a quaint night, having ate a well made meal by Farva just an hour ago, he was ready to doze off and sleep. However, that is when a sudden movement could be heard from outside. What could that be? Gilgamesh turned his head to the door that creaked ajar. From behind the door, the smile of Farva came into view of the man. It was a pleasant sight. Why did she come here though? It was not often that he received much attention or affection. Angelus had been used to being quite a closed off individual for a long time. It had been quite unlike him to start to warm up to others. Just how troublesome for him though. If he only continued on receiving more notoriety, his friends and those close to him may be put into peril. It may not be good for this woman to come closer to him, for she may eventually be a target of others. Angelus was no fool. Sighing, he were to tell her that he was rather dangerous, that his path was not one to join by emotional whims like that. Usually the young man were to be content with others he did not have any fondness of joining his path, but now his closest friends were now the same people closest to him on that very treacherous path. Is that fate inevitable?

Angelus: "I am quite dangerous, you know? I will be targeted by others very likely during this journey to Kingship. Is a path so treacherous one you want to tread?"

Inquired the young master, his chin resting within the palm of his hand while his dead and dark eyes pierced her deeply with gravitas. Angelus spoke here, not the counterpart, the man who was a half façade. It spoke volumes for the person that he had started to become due to his dear comrades. Yet, he had not strayed far of the person he was when he began to climb notoriety, he was still the mostly cold idealistic man he was originally, but now he knew his weakness, his weakness to feeling for those closest to him. It was an experience that Angelus had never quite had within his entire life, for he was of a look unlike most Reimans, of a demeanor unlike most Reimans, of a childhood unlike most Remans. Yet, despite of him not feeling that he could not compare to no person, he wished to carve a legend of himself within history, he wished to prove how unique of a man he was, he wished to change the society of Reim forever. Angelus were to wait the response of Farva.

Farva: "Yes, if I can be of service, I will!"

Said the woman, confidently.

Gilgamesh: ".. Hmph .."

Uttered the cold man, not quite knowing how to respond to her eagerness. Well, perhaps this may be easiest to let play out. Angelus could not place his full trust within her though, for she did not even know of his true identity, nor had she been loyal to the young man for long enough. For now, he may just bide his time. It is best to try and get rest soon. However, he were to entertain the woman for a while. In the morning he had to resume his training with her old man. After a night with the young woman, he jumped right into training. It was body manipulation training that was to teach Gilgamesh the way to further hone his physical vessel for combat. It was quite a pleasant surprise though to him that the old man had known body manipulation. It was not a common style of combat. Gilgamesh was content being taught by the man within the coming days, learning his tips to body manipulation. Although his other master, Alceus, was rather good, Reza had knowledge seemingly that not many others had due to his long time military experience. It was told to him that there were once an entire elite squad of body manipulators that Reza had once been part of. Reza told Gilgamesh that they were once very feared, but that most of them had died within a gruesome battle. Gilgamesh was lucky enough to be able to inherit these old forgotten techniques that brought fear to those who faced them.

Reza: "If you keep trying to manipulate your vocal chords, you should be able to adjust the pitch to how you wish."

Advised the old man to the protégé. It was a week and a half long process of inheriting this grandpa's techniques he had acquired. However, by the end of his strict and rigorous training, he were to come out far more capable than before. It consisted of a lot of manipulating his vocal chords, muscles, as he previously had trained before, and training his muscles to become more elastic to enable him to perform unique techniques. Angelus was out in the sun, trying to produce the results he wished for, exerting great energy. It was hard to make his muscles to be more elastic and stretch, since his only muscle training was largely just having them perform better and exert more strength, but elasticity was a new game. From sun day to sun down, he practiced trying to close distance within a near instance by just one strong kick off step. It required muscle elasticity to be high, which required the young man to learn to produce more of certain proteins to feed his muscles. It was both a very mental and physical challenge, like with most body manipulation techniques and styles. Angelus could feel his leg muscles sore, but had to use his body manipulation skills to recover quickly, for he could resume training. It needed a high protein and balanced diet. It is where his diet came into play with training.

After days of strenuous training, he often came back to eat well made balanced meals by Farva, nourishing himself to exert more of his energy the next day. While he learned and just now nearly perfected these new body manipulation techniques of his, he continued to train diligently on having his body be harder. It was crucial for his body to harden up, so he could be a durable soldier that can take the blunt of most damage, and not fall so easily. For this body durability training, he often had the toughest villagers willing to help hit him. It was quite the odd sight to some of the other villagers, but they were shocked by his stamina and will to not fall. It was obvious that Gilgamesh was a prodigy, a truly hard shell that was determined on hardening himself more. It was painstaking, the strikes that he had to endure that is. It made him tougher though, since his muscles and skin could now adapt to the pummeling to reduce the damage. It was simple mere evolution, but one of a body manipulator. At the end of his training of a multitude of challenges, he came out far tougher, durable, and more skilled with his body manipulation techniques.

However, there still required minor work to be done, work to truly perfect what he learned for he could much more effortlessly perform the teachings of the man. It had to be truly ingrained within him, and innate. It began when he made his full return back to the military camp. Violent heat radiated down upon the rigorously training Angelus. Meanwhile the equally as hot if not more hot Alceus observed the young man from afar under the shade of a covering pinned up by some poles. It had been a few days from the last time he was training this eagerly. Alceus were to drink a cool and chilled flask of water that he had made cold himself using his innate tundra power. It was time to just sharpen what he did learn, and ensure he could use the techniques to fight and protect himself. Alceus was looking forward to seeing what the leader had learned. Angelus cuffed his left hand around his mouth to vacuum the air up, to then let out a rather deep roar, though not as staggering as Angelus hoped for. Alceus though was quite astonished by the intensity of the roar, that he could feel crawl up his nerves. It was a roar that was like that of the fanalis. It was a known skill of the fanalis that frightened enemies.

Alceus: "Do you have a name for that technique?"

Inquired the minotaur man.

Angelus: "I will call the skill Occisor Rugiet. Roar of the Reaper."

Voiced the young leader. Alceus was very content with the training of the man, but he felt that the man could optimize what he learned. Angelus did need to optimize what he learned truthfully. It was not a technique he could perform multiple times without having to take a minor break. However, with practice, he likely could do this and perhaps more. Angelus had to test the distance his prowess with the techniques he learned can go. In order to first optimize his yell, he were to practice capturing more air, before performing the technique. In the hot sun, trying not to accidentally vacuum up the sand, he funneled the air into his body before then trying to release the air. It was somewhat similar to the techniques of the aerophage he had encountered the other day when fighting to release prisoners from the blood camel cells. Angelus' voice box and lung capacity strengthened with time by the practice, being capable of producing a mightier yell. Angelus though were to have to catch his breath often from training, before resuming his practice. Concluding his training now, his technique ended up far more polished and refined.

C-Tier Body Manipulator to B-Tier Body Manipulator

Body Manipulator Wordcount: 1877

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum