Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Djedi's Starter Traits 22/02/21, 09:34 pm

Djedi Akhetiwn

Djedi Akhetiwn
D-Tier
D-Tier

Trait Name: Rukhsight
Trait Tier: C
Trait Requirement: Must be a Magician or another being capable of seeing Rukh.
Trait Description: Possessing an above-average connection to the Rukh and an understanding of them, Djedi is capable of visually distinguishing aspects of the Rukh beyond just their physical presence.
Trait Effect:

• Djedi is able to use the way White or Black Rukh reacts around a person as a way to gauge their current emotional state, as the Rukh's reaction to certain emotions can cause minute changes. Though this is an inexact ability, it allows Djedi to understand broader emotions. He can understand someone is stressed, for example, but not it's source, or if someone is angry in a general sense.

• By combining this with the fact Rukh are naturally more drawn to injured individuals, as death returns one to the Rukh, Djedi can also get a general gauge of one's health and physical state. It is not precise enough to tell someone's exact level of injury or fatigue, but he can get a broad sense of how injured they are by the concentration and mannerisms of their Rukh.

Last edited by Djedi Akhetiwn on 23/02/21, 02:16 am; edited 2 times in total

2Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 22/02/21, 10:48 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Before we begin, I would like to let you know that in terms of magi canon, I don't believe you can tell how much magoi someone has by the rukh around them. It was only indicated by signs of fatigue, in extreme cases, the bleeding of eyes, etc. The capabilities of peeking into someone's reserves in such a manner, it wouldn't be allowed at this time for balancing purposes.

In addition to that, magicians know of magic and magic types. Knowing what magic type is potentially being used, this is something that you are already capable of as a magician.

With this new information, the emotion portion of this trait, is this something you would like to build upon instead?

3Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 12:49 am

Djedi Akhetiwn

Djedi Akhetiwn
D-Tier
D-Tier

I revamped the trait to incorporate the new information and with advice from staff I did rebalance the second benefit of it. The emotional aspect ties into the physical wellbeing portion much more vaguely and in a way that isn't metagaming. Let me know if any further changes need to be made.

4Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 01:06 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Please don't do that, I never said anything about metagaming. I only respectfully stated something that I thought you should know before we started grading.

We wouldn't be able to give you the emotional state portion of the second perk, but everything else in regards to the biological condition is. Could you please edit it? If you can, everything else would be fine for a 1/2.

Thank you

5Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 01:08 am

Djedi Akhetiwn

Djedi Akhetiwn
D-Tier
D-Tier

I was actually referring to something another member of staff pointed out as a problem with the original aspect of the trait and one reason why it wasn't viable, it had nothing to do with your grading.

I don't understand why the emotional aspect was fine before but now isn't, given that both are kind of required for the overall thing to function? If it's an aspect of the trait doing too much I can remove the first benefit of the trait and focus on the second.

6Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 01:23 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I asked if it was something you would like to build upon itself, but that was an open invitation to work with staff in order to fulfill the technicalities of what you wanted this trait to do. You did, without my involvement, and due to further discussion, I am lead to believe that you may have misunderstood me. Please, allow me to clarify.

The emotional aspect was discussed more in-depth in the staff chat and the consensus from the group and confirmation from the admin was that rukh can not differentiate emotions since it was only a small bit in the anime and not in the manga. This was discussed and decided upon before I responded. If you would have liked to pursue it, the acceptable mirroring of what you wanted to do would have been through biological means.

Yes, a person can perceive changes in biology. However, the rukh has no idea of what that may mean. Unless someone learns to read those things by some other manner or method as it does affect rukh color in a meta sense, but only as a personal flair. So as of now, sensing emotions in the way that you intended for them to operate is not possible.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

7Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 02:33 am

Djedi Akhetiwn

Djedi Akhetiwn
D-Tier
D-Tier

The reason I didn't directly communicate with you or try to build on it in the thread itself was because I was invited, next time I ran into an issue with creating things, to discuss it with Merrze directly before changing anything because last time this came up, I was told my abilities and/or trait would have passed in something close to their original forms but I'd already deleted them so I couldn't really work on them. So that's why the discussion went on outside of the thread.

I've done editing in regards to the trait, changing it to fit a more generalized scope based on Djedi's understanding, and if there's anything else please let me know.

8Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 11:48 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

1/2

9Djedi's Starter Traits Empty Re: Djedi's Starter Traits 23/02/21, 02:45 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

APPROVED