Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 22/12/20, 02:51 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

My personal suggestion is that we overall lower wordcounts, while introducing the 2/2 we force jobs and trainings to have required marks or topics. Here some examples of how could work.

D-tier job: You've been hired to take out a group of bandits -Required detail: Who hired you or how you found the job

C-tier Training: Warrior detail: how did your character grow, did they learn anything or just grow in power by training

B-tier Job: A group of attackers has invaded a reiman port, the fanalis corps have been hired to deal with it but are looking for extra hands. Required details: How you got involved with the job, which port in Reim, how to you handle aftermath.

A-tier Job: The City of Jiaozhu has been taken over by a warlord. Multiple generals have fell to take it back from the beast who has commandeered the city. Required Details: How you got the job, how you got there or plan to get in the city, relevance or connection the job, how your report the job or how it may have affected your character.

A-tier training- Include how your character from the last, if there's anything new or just growth, how it may effect or their current beliefs, and of course over many days.

I know some of these may seem obvious but people omit details or info sometimes to pad out wordcounts with their own details. So we could do both while forcing objectives to understand and possibly pad out or add more into writing that can be important content, while allowing writers to just write what they want.

And we can do threads/posts of the months as well, acknowledging both a short piece of writing and long one if applicable, and it can by the standard of each staff or assigned staff such as plot mods and Admins as well. I think by using lower wordcounts but asking for specifics or the information were looking for would allow players to not feel pressed on how much they have to write but more on the story and character. Plus with the 2/2 checks it can be avoided if someone feels the mod misunderstood them or etc.

27Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 22/12/20, 05:17 pm

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I do not entirely understand the suggestion. Are you saying both grading the quality and keeping a word count, just a lower one? If so, I am on board with that. If it is just lower word counts, I am not so sure. I just do not think that all the word counts should be lowered in that case, but rather only the most complained about word counts. I think Jobs should be barely touched imo.

28Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 22/12/20, 06:37 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Yes, the suggestion was for both, I can understand not lowering them all too much, but I do agree for the more strenuous ones.

Angelus likes this post

29Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 22/12/20, 11:35 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sounds like it would just take longer to grade if we do a 2/2 grading system like that. The only annoying and unnecessary word count, IMO, is really the magic weapon spells, as I've said before. Jobs are fine. Professions are fine. Training is fine since you have vouchers and people just want to pay for their abilities to be powerful and ignore word counts for those anyway. Djinn is supposed to be long and high. And the repair, we can just decrease the WC depending on the huang spent

30Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 23/12/20, 07:12 am

Sara Mcdonald

Sara Mcdonald
C-Tier
C-Tier

Not all of us have 800 vouchers that's a vet talking not thinking of people that have far fewer, for new or returning people that don't have vouchers you are just lul get good basically. and that's not the change they are trying to do. I like Merrs idea honestly but yeah there needs to be a way for returners and new people to get some vouchers if we going that route.

31Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 23/12/20, 08:33 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

So pretty much everyone wants some type of WC reduction over all. So I think that's what we do. So we'll start going through stuff and lowering them.

32Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 23/12/20, 01:49 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

You buy vouchers with money you earn doing jobs. Cutting ability WCs would mean removing the vouchers then cause there is no reason to have both. Nobody just has 800 or even 10 stocked up. They buy when they need them.

33Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 23/12/20, 03:39 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Word Counts - Page 2 06Axe08

Travel, there's a lot to put down. If people want, we can just decrease that to a flat 200 WC, but I'd rather not remove them so that there is proof you traveled from one region/country to another and it can be tracked if you're not following the guidelines of being in one region (or two neighboring regions, however that recent ruling went). However, this is how the word counts are right now if you exclude travel.

If we lower ability word counts, then remove the vouchers and forget getting A-Tier vouchers. You can't have both. Household and Vessel repair costs aren't as high as one would think since you can literally cheese it with just 10 threads. Why? Because there is no length requirement for those repair threads at this time.

How much are you people wanting to take off? Give an inch, people take a mile. Who is to say people won't want to lower the word counts again after this cause they're still unhappy?

34Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 24/12/20, 03:05 am

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I can understand Neo's sentiment about give an inch and take a mile. I think that has been a reoccurring theme over the past changes on the site, such as range, and other things I disagree with. I am for a word reduction, in the case we grade the quality of the content. I would say that this would be an equal exchange, less words, for more quality. I do not think we should lower ALL word counts and not implement the quality check. There needs to be an equal exchange, for it is not becoming easier, just changing.

However, obviously for the ridiculous word counts of training, I understand that completely. I am also in favor of leaving travel as it is. To add onto, I think there should be extra benefits for writing travel, training, socials, etc, and that should all come with the quality check aspect. I think it should be not only a Creation Mod duty, but a Plot Mod duty. Creation Mods cannot take on that extra workload by themselves, at least not for very long, I am certain of that.

35Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 24/12/20, 06:26 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

After some discussion, here is what staff has come to an agreement on:

A-Tier Ability Vouchers will be created for player to use on their class abilities. These, however, can't be used on Magic Weapons or Djinn/Household Vessels.

The Word Count for the stages of Djinn/Household training will decrease from 2,500 to 2k for the second stage and 5k to 3k for the third/final stage.

Travel and Weapon Repairs is still up in the air.

Magic Weapon Spells will have the same word counts as the tier of the spell rather than increasing 1k for each slot your Magic Weapon has.

Angelus likes this post

36Word Counts - Page 2 Empty Re: Word Counts 28/01/21, 10:33 am

Naofumia

Naofumia
C-Tier
C-Tier

I have only just joined this site, but i figured id put in my 2 sense.

Word counts are required to avoid trolls or single sentance answers; however, other sites i have been on with large word counts really puts one off. For example Black clover gives you 1 point in stats per every 1000 words, and to even get to the 2nd rank you need to gain 45 more stats. You can't create you're own missions till you're second rank. Which meant i would need to write 45000 w ords, to even start being creative. First impressions of you're site, the word counts are decent and great.

Angelus likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum