You are not connected. Please login or register

A Scholar, a Story, and Five forgotten kings [Plot/NOM]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

A Scholar, a Story, and Five forgotten kings [Plot/NOM] Avenger.%28Antonio.Salieri%29.full.2392966

What point was there in scholarly pursuits if one's word would never be taken credibly? It was one of the biggest struggles of Adam's life. He never cared too much for power, but he knew the world wasn't correct. As people chose to move forward plenty abandoned the past, losing their interest in it. His family claimed to be of descent of the old ruling class before the mages of Magnostadt had gained control making the country their own. He wished to prove the history, to the tales of a ruler who stood over fast lands before the world collapsed itself.

For years now, from the funding of his benefactor, he's managed to stay afloat. The only broken ground being across the ocean in Reim was were people found the evidence of a world before. Yet, as he stuck his nose further in business his superiors stuck him to simple tasks, paperwork, book studying with no change to test his theories. Darkness brewed in his heart, the more his wished to dive into his work the more the board redirected him.

The tales of a more exotic world did speak to him, he wished to bring it to sight, to make it their reality. He could be considered somewhat of a traditionalist in the fact he wished things to be more like the stories of old, but how could one do such thing? As troubles plagued his mind he sat waiting in his office cheer. He had invited his patron to discuss better funding, so as he could explore these old tombs. If he could prove to people that the fallen kings of worlds gone were real, then he could use that knowledge to sway people towards a better life!

Tap tap tap! Pattering against the table, his hand moved impatiently. Adam preferred to be early, or exactly on time since it was a rather unpredictable subject. His anticipation would continue, as he looked at the door. It's cedar frame creaking, the pressing sound of steps heavily making their way towards his office.

"Who are we waiting for?" A voice would say from behind him.

"Gah, don't show up like that! Why can't you use the door like a normal person!" Adam scolded the Contractor. Making his way around the table the Magi would sit across from him, late but ready for their small meeting.

"Nonetheless, I appreciate you making your way out here. I've done good in requiring research, and locations of possible importance but the academy refuses to fund my research further. They believe we should solely focus on this world. If you can provide me with more resources I can go an expedition to gain valuable sources of information, and possibly wealth!" Enthusiasm would burst from his every word.

"I'll gladly provide what you need right now, as long as you follow through in making sure you use it to inform people of the world's reality." He would say, interrupting the archaeologist.

"I haven't told you what I need yet, but it shouldn't be hard once we have some examples."

"Its quite alright" he would say, continuing "I know exactly what you need." With his words would accompany two objects placed gently on the table. One was a black sword, 1.5m long the double-sided blade rested a dope a stack of documents tied to a map.

"What are these?" he asked, puzzlement dancing across his face.

"These are the keys to accomplishing your's and my own goals in one minor campaign!" A smug look would show on his face. "The map lists the location of 5 ancient kings, who serve the will of the true world. If you wish things to truly change raise them, go to their tombs and set them free. It will illuminate many, and set plenty free. Once accomplished you'll have your place amongst those reshaping the world!"

He didn't care for anything so grand, but Adam did prefer a world of truth, a world in which greatness never died. Skepticism would grow in his heart, but he had no reason to decline when the contractor had been so beneficial to him for so long.

"How exactly to do you expect me to do this, and it seems likely to fail if they're fallen kings wont the current world prove too powerful for them?" He wished to make stories true, but despite his disdain for the modern world it's strength was still evident.

"That's where the sword comes in, say the chant carved into the hilt and use your magoi, you'll feel what I mean. And success and failure of no concern, for us to acquire what we want we just need to make a statement Kyeheheeheaha!" His unsettling laughed followed as the middle-aged man tried to ignore his words.

Picking up the sword Adam would examine its' frame. It was lighter than it seemed. Despite the sleek and light design, he could feel the power in the weapon. Swirling around, laced through every atom of it's making.

"Weapon of the dark, embodiment of my will, take form moving the unmoving. With the power to control, and command life into the lifeless, Orchestrate, Orpheus!"

A Scholar, a Story, and Five forgotten kings [Plot/NOM] 8109680b389edde52c0f3cda24c4b7b6

As black metal, and red cloth unfurled from the weapon it accompanied his entire body. It drew out his power as it took shape. Beckoning further the contractor placed his hand on the item, helping the fledgling find the feeling. Feeling it's command Adam's frame would be consumed with the dark metal. He was used to the power of magic, yet this was something quite otherworldly.

"I must say, it feels, I can feel its power. I don't quite understand it but its as if knowledge is pouring in, and I just need to find out how to tap into it, to train it. I see how this blade will become useful in my journey!" Excitement exuded from him rather than distaste for once. Taking a look at the map he would see the stops he had to make were quite spread out.

"It's a Dark Metal Vessel, power possible from harnessing the power of the world itself. No more will false kings rule, only the true and rightful who make their way. Not from some ordained test from men who believe themselves to be gods! There are mark for each of the kings to visit, promise them the chance to reclaim their land, but there are certain threats that will be most capable of handling."

Amazed by the item in his hand, and the words shared with him he lost focus. He would need the night to plan, to get to know these foreign leaders who were listed as threats to the cause. It was interesting how such new ideals would soon come to clash with the past.

Adam's DMV:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum