You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but Not Forgotten (Plot/Solo )

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I hadn’t been home for very long, probably a few days at most. The Civil war was just a bit too much for me to handle as my age and skill level. I went back home with my tail between my legs thinking that I could handle things better than I did. I hoped that I was better prepared for what had happened to my family. My father, Aaron Durkfahl was murdered. I wished that I had come sooner…I could have stopped it…at least I think I could have…I know enough that I could have done something at least. What’s more is that my older sister was kidnaped but my eldest sister and my two brothers were fine. It was strange because there are more powerful and qualified than or my sister, Rebecca. It still puzzles me why would they kill my father, a respected magician in many fields but take my sister? Were they together and Dad protected my sister? Or was there something else. I stole my brother’s rukh tracker which had traces of rukh from all living members of our family. I followed the rukh to the path that leads to the south. Which was odd because the Balbadd is far from here. It’s the only possible place that I could possibly place I could think that they could possibly go. I didn’t leave initially because of my mother and oldest brother, Isaac who were the most shaken up by the whole incident. My brother, Seth and oldest sister Leah dove into their work more than usual. I guess its only natural that those two would delve into working more but my brother and I were very attached to our dad and my sister and I were very close so I wanted to find here as fast as possible but I was still only 15! What could I do? I only had three types of magic? Not to mention that I can’t even really combine them effectively yet I could do only two but not three. I felt so helpless. I wished that I had allies that weren’t preoccupied with the war in Kou. Still though, I figured that I should go home before I disappear again. I would stare at the box of wands that my father had in the corner for hours and hours thinking what could have happened to him such that he would be overpowered by other mages or perhaps I was overestimated my father…after all he was my hero…no that wasn’t it… I knew that he was strong he was an elite professor at Magnostadt Academy. This was a targeted attack upon my father and my family with my sister missing it meant that someone would have to and try to save them! I was up for that challenge. I just want things to change I need to see what I can do to avenge my father and kill the bastards that would take my family away from me. I decided to talk to my sister perhaps she could help me figure stuff out. Is there something that I was missing and despite her grief she was levelheaded enough to give me some advice. It’s the only way that I can prove myself to myself…

Job Durkfahl

Job Durkfahl
C-Tier
C-Tier

I decided to talk to my sister she was working on her own things, but, at the very least, she was understanding about my desire to help find my sister. She too was confused about why my sister was taken but everyone else was spared, save for my father of course. “What do you think,” I asked, trying not to betray my sense of longing and vengeance. “I really don’t know.” She said, “This is very strange…the only thing I can think of is…” she hesitated and moved to the window in her office looking out. "Well…there is one thing but it is so farfetched that it could barely be real…” I readjusted intent on listening. "Mom and Dad told me; and Seth, I think about this legend. A legend about special magicians who are so loved by the rukh such that their magic is astounding and can perform feats that we can only dream of! They are known as magicians of creation and help lead kings and create countries, the magi.” She smiled wryly “Perhaps there are still people who are deluded enough to believe in such stories but you know Dad, always the open-minded type…” her smile faded as she trailed off. After a moment, she got up, she brushed her deep purple hair to her left side which she does when she in contemplating something. I just stared out the window feeling helpless. It was all I could do. Leah snapped me out of my thoughts “Go.” She said “I have faith in you.” She told me, her bright green eyes full of intensity just like dads’ it gave me some reassurance. “Mom and Seth won’t be able to do much of anything and I have to look after things at the academy perhaps Noah will go with you…” I looked at the floor weighing my options. I could ask my brother he is very experienced in water magic and he would work well in both offensive and defensive maneuvers but I didn’t want to lose anyone else and though selfish, I wanted to redeem myself for my cowardice in the face of war in Kou. I looked at my sister; my eyes were dull with an endless swirl of emotion. I didn’t say anything I just weakly smiled at her and walked out, there was nothing I needed and I couldn’t say goodbye to my Mother, I just had to move, keep moving south to Balbadd where I would hopefully find some clues to finding my sister.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum