The Unholy Alliance

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Unholy Alliance Empty The Unholy Alliance 09/07/20, 10:21 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With the Tenza fight over and most of the warriors heading back to their own true places in life, Lagi was left with two options. He too could simply leave, he had gotten his prize and some things concerned him more than the simple matters of cleanup. Part of him wanted to try and see if he could loot the body for other important things, maybe to even melt down the weapons in order to sell bulks of the ore and steel he received. It all sounded like a good idea, but another thing kept his attention. It was even more than the woman who foolishly dragged her baby around the Azura dungeon, and more than the thoughts he had for Noir and how she's been throughout the years. It was more than a woman or a man seeking glory or a reason to plant themselves in the tablets of history. That was a reason that everyone can afford to act upon, even if Lagi did a good chunk of the work for those to benefit from.

There was one more, there was another man who had somewhat of a strange appearance, but there were things that made want to confirm it. He had to know if it were true or not, at this point, Lagi had to prioritize Tartarus over his personal whims for the time being. Putting on his Requiem Jynx mask through the use of Orie, he started to head over to his target.

"You there!"

Lagi said as he rode on his Dragon Longzufu in order to approach eight. Part of him feel like the facial structure of the man should look familiar, but where has he met him before. But after taking in the smell of the man as he used danger sense, he confirmed it. "I know you, we met before. my circumstances have remained the same, but it seems like you changed. You are no longer human, you evolved, and due to that, you seek a better life out of the restraints of humanity. Either that, or it is for your own reasons, slave owner. Tell me have you gotten any stronger since we last met? In the name of requiem Jynx, I took it upon myself to make a place for you, A place for dungeon beasts. Besides catching up on "old times", I wanted to extend such an invitation to you. "

2The Unholy Alliance Empty Re: The Unholy Alliance 09/07/20, 01:15 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Eight was sweating. He had never quite been in combat until today, nothing serious besides beating on people much weaker than he was, but here there were multitudes of people stronger than him. This was the first time he had a taste of Jynx's true power, this in tandem with his prior allegiance to the man would work well in his favor, offering him protection and manpower in his endeavors.

Eight would bow to Jynx as if he were a noble. Eight was willing to offer up some of his secrets this man. "I wouldn't say I have gotten stronger, but I have acquired a few valuables." Eight reached into his pocket, and within his palm revealing three fragments of solomon. Quickly putting them away, and on his hip was the Demon Blade sheathed, but the eye on the hilt was still revealed. The blade's eye was focused on the blood user.

The offer of a home to dungeon beasts was quite welcoming. The more he could be away from his past the better, and living among literal beasts would likely be more comforting to him, especially away from Reim. As Jynx extended an invitation, Eight extended an arm to the mounted Jynx, with more confidence in him than he had in the past. "I have begun my training, but this battle has shown me just exactly how much more I need to climb in my abilities before I challenge anyone important. Just where exactly is this 'place' you speak of?"

Eight imagined perhaps a small base of operations near the unused border between countries, anything besides the abandoned barracks he had taken over would be an improvement, and his acknowledgement as a slaver meant that the man would accept his profession, something he knew his whole life. Especially considering this eager outlawing of the occupation, the safety was comforting.

3The Unholy Alliance Empty Re: The Unholy Alliance 09/07/20, 11:24 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Ahh yes, the spoils of war and good fortune? Or perhaps, in this case, you would call it the spoils of death? I always wondered why things that were given to those who were defeated are never claimed at the end of their lives? To be buried with them is a sense of honor that not a lot of people deserve our respect. If you obtained those items with such a thought process, then perhaps you too have seen a fair share of death and destruction. "

Maybe Lagi was reaching a little bit, but he wanted to know what was in Eight's head. Getting to know a person was perhaps the easiest way of being able to negotiate with them. As a matter of fact, admitting his own limitations was a good thing. There was always a chance to learn and grow stronger, even with someone on Lagi's level.

"I don't mind teaching if you are willing to learn, but I must admit that I have been a little more exclusive as of late when it comes to sharing my knowledge of strenuous training. It's not something that's advertised, but those who truly need a breakthrough in my own expertise will find their ways to me. If you want to make a change in your life, you have to be willing to make those steps yourself, fate won't drop it all in your lap."

Now, about the offer that he had.

" Heliohapt is no more, I seized the capital in the name of the dark hand and it has gone through unspeakable changes. Radiation has mutated the land and its people, dungeon beasts are now the chosen people of that land. It is that way because I willed it to be, Tartarus, the city of monsters. "

Lagi rather said this with a bit of pride, being the one to enact the change.

"This is the dungeon beast rebellion, and after such liberation, I plan to grow this city to become a superpower unlike no other. I care not for slavery, indulge in it if you please, such a human concept gives me no value. But in the eyes of others, I know of a way for you to truly continue your practice while avoiding the unwilling subjection of people like us. Such talk of business will have to happen at another time, as well as dungeon beast royalty. But for now, will you join me? Good help is so hard to find these days, but together, think of what we can accomplish."

4The Unholy Alliance Empty Re: The Unholy Alliance 10/07/20, 01:12 pm

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Stunned but still gazing at the mask, he caught a glimpse of his face but Jynx was too far to have any details. All he noticed was his hair and skin color before he transformed. Jynx seemed to understand what Eight had gone through to collect these shards. It was uncommon for someone with a shard to die , so these made his collection that much more valueable. Jynx seemed to understand death, just as well as he did. "Some people aren't ready to handle the life as a slave."

Jynx who had gone full x games mode in the siege was willing to teach him... Right now, 8 was simply a beast tamer without a beast, and just learning how to use a weapon. There were many possibilities for Eight, learning how to harness the power of his new race, and perhaps Jynx was well versed with Beast or weapons. However Eight didn't want to get bogged down in details. "I'd love to train under you."

It was now when Jynx had dropped a bombshell. Tartarus was a reborn Heliohapt. Having traveled overseas and then getting back into work while avoiding communication from his master, he hadn't caught word of the magnitude of dksaster in Helio... A country for dungeon beasts, meaning he would fit right in. The sound of dungeon beast royalty? Was that an offer? He couldn't shake that in the back of his head, but hearing of Helio, he recalled the festival of Kina.

"I recall you promised me to kill my master, but I have been unable to find him. But I do have a lead, there is a festival in Kina right now, and among the families hosting it is the Kogata clan, who are renowned for their ability to gather information. I will join you, but escaping my bondage is very important to me."

5The Unholy Alliance Empty Re: The Unholy Alliance 10/07/20, 05:44 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"People as a commodity for labor or sexual gratification, as the world continues to evolve, you will continue to be faced with the limitations of such things being expedited through other means. Either through nature and the science of herbalism, the very beasts we find ourselves commanding over, or magic itself. Tell me, how flexible do you plan to be when the time comes? Is a concept as old as slavery itself, can evolve as well? Once the value of the purchase declines, the only thing that's left of the procurement of beings with a sense of self is the ego of someone who owns them. Or at the very least, I never saw any pleasure in having them around, besides their blood."

If you wanted a job to be done effectively, it was better to do it yourself. That was something that Lagi believed, but he did wonder if Eight had a way to surpass the limitations of the slavery concept.

"Your master? Did I make such a promise? Well, since you are now a dungeon beast, assuming you are due to the way that your appearance suggests, I must free you. I will follow my current doctrine, and if Kina has the answers that you seek, as much as this is a detour for me, I will accompany you in order to ensure that you may get the answers you desire. "

Looking around, Lagi patted his dragon and Longzufu lowered himself in order for Eight to get on.

"If you need a ride, I can take you there. Not only is my dragon one of the fastest beings on land, but if we need to dig over a few things, we can. "

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum