You are not connected. Please login or register

Self discovery in a shady place [Social]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Get outa here you freak!!!" would ring out, followed by flying objects of all assortment, shoes, cups even a vase all coming out the door of the fine brothel, the mercury lace. Thud! Casrare would smack into the stone building across from it in the alley as he tried to run his way out of here. He was new to life in Reim, still new to life outside of his country. He wasn't quite sure why he got the rude treatment either, they invited him into their place of business after all, plus they should have explained it better to him.

A young Heliohaptian lady residing in Reim had led him there offering the search for a good time. And certainly, he needed help, after all, Reim felt so large and hard to navigate compared to Sasan. When she brought him to this place she quickly began to undress, asking for coin but she curbed these vices and distractions thinking them a test. It would quickly turn to distaste, as the smell of his sulfuric nails and their rough scrape when he tried to help her dress again seemed to spark controversy. It was fair, not everyone enjoyed eggy-smelling demon looking lad.

Free to his own devices he was only going to get further lost. The brick paths and cacophonic crowds would only confuse him further, maybe it was best he found a place to sit down and rest before things got further consulted for him, after all it was only noon!

"Let's see, if I were a good resting spot where would I be, maybe in the shade, it is a scorcher, but at least it was better than winter. Then again he had learned to do deal with using body manipulation, it didn't matter though since neither was his favorite season, that had to be Autumn!"

Smack! He'd firmly press his hands into the side of his face as his thoughts began to go off into a tangent. It wasn't that hard to find a place to sit down and rest. His eyes would scan, this time more dutifully, and the perfect spot was right in his sights. There was plenty of room around one of the fountains in what seemed to be a town square.

"Now this is Neat, public water pools!" He was unsure of their use, there seemed to be some children tossing coins into. That was foolish honestly, why would someone toss away their hard-earned money like that, it looked like a good spot to cool off though. Unaware of the prying eyes he waltzed over, dipping his hands into the water, splashing the crisp cool liquid into his face.

"Now that's what I call refreshing."

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

summer days like this were those he looked forward to. the sunshine was so intense, it seeped into his bones. it's head radiating under his skin. the tall alabaster buildings created strips of shade, shielding the sun bleached stone and those it carried.

as he walked, he tilted his head back. his wild mane sticking to the sweat on the back of his neck. the buttons on his uniform, unfastened and his cloak over his arm. it was devastatingly hot. even the wind was too tired to move under it's influence. his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth. he was parched. it made the distant sound of flowing water that more enticing.

his steps drew him closer to the fountain. it seemed a few people crowded around the square and for good reason. he makes his way to the structure, sitting himself on the marble lip.

he reaches his hands down into the lukewarm water. the rusted silver coins glistening like stars, reflecting their light in brief sparks as the ripples ebb past. he drops his shirt off his shoulders, letting it hang at his hips. his cupped palms bring water to his face like the others.

a voice chimes out from the man next to him. phobos raises his brows in intrigue. "it is, isn't it?" he adds, wiping away at the dewy pearls that gathered at the bottom of his chin. his fiery eyes linger on the man for a moment before he takes a palmful of water, bringing it to his mouth to drink.

262 WORDS | @Casrare @8

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Stammering across the desert sands... jackals at his heels, vulture circling overhead. Winds whipping the sand against his flesh. The slaver felt the sun beating down his back, hiding beneath a thin, white clothed tented over his head and shoulders for protection.

The stumbling around, looking back at the jackals, now there were even more of them. Some weren't even interested in him, while other followed closely behind. Eight was so dehydrated, that there wasn't even a drop of perspiration anywhere on his body.

As Eight turned forward, he found an oasis ahead of him. His pupils dilating as he found sanctuary from his condition. As he got closer, he couldn't maintain his stance, he tumbled for a few steps. ALMOST maintaining his footing, but rolling, scratching up his body.

Waking from his momentary unconsciousness, his first instinct was to scoop a handful of water. Tilting his head back and spilling it down his throat. Feeling the refreshment and so much cooler than the ambient temperature now.

"What?"

Eight's clothing and body was drenched in water. His optics peering through... somehow he was being watched by some people.

Eight. Was. In. A. Fountain.

Eight had been hallucinating from the start... unable to remember when it started but now he was in a pool between two teens with golden eyes just like his own. The fountain of youth had rejuvenated him, and he pulled the stranger sitting in the fountain beside him with a side hug. Extending an arm to the other teen who was still standing outside of the fountain. "The water is fine."

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Quickly his time on the town had turned into a hangout, but he didn't have friends, he did have these strangers. His fangs glinted, their ivory shine spreading as a jovial, almost child-like smile stretched across his face. Many of those around seemed alike, yet this boy with sun-speckled hair stood out like him. The amber pools that were his eyes focused, a full moon of focus. He was staring "Maybe It's been too long since I've made a friend..."

He'd put his thoughts aside, as his smile would part to greet."It's nice to have something like this, it really is hell on earth, my names Casrare! How about yourself my sunshine friend?" The tips of his sulfuric ebony talons extending outward as his hand held out to shake. SPLASH!

It seemed they had a duck, oh no wait, it was a possibly a person? He wasn't quite sure until the figure seemed more pronounce, staring at them. "He seems to really be enjoying it, honestly I didn't know it was a pool too! Excitement peaked through as the Sasanid raised his voice, soon following suit and diving into and disrespecting this public work of art.

Ahh, now this is really refreshing. Chill and somber thoughts washed over with the pouring crystal water, pelting down onto his scarf. Black tentacles laid down his face as his braids appeared to be the longest arms of the octopus that clung to his face.

Face to face with the newest arrival, and with the smell of sulfur compounds mixing into the water, he thought it was best to greet this guest as well.

"Well that's two more friends then I had before today, I'm Casrare, its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, but I think the wet looks suits me better, I think you're melting?" He joked with the exasperated man, his light voice chirping with warmth.

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

his fiery irises track another man who climbed up into fountain. phobos pulls his hands out of the water, wiping them on his pants with a disgusted scowl on his face. what was worse was the fact that the other had decided it was a good idea to join him. the young fanalis drew out a long breath, covering his sensitive nostrils with his hand as a horrid stench rose up in the air.

it was now that he was grateful to not have shook his hand. if only to spare him from the smell. he sends a sharp glare towards casrare and something more neutral towards the man. “thank you for ruining perfectly good water,” he sighs, stepping away from the fountain. “did you shit yourself when you jumped in there?”

394 WORDS | @Casrare @8

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In his comfort zone for a grand total of five seconds amongst the teens, still delirious for a moment. It was while he was catching his breath that the putrid stench hit his nose. Eight, half-soaked in fountain water, completely forgot that the wild-eyed teen hadn't extended a hand in return. Scrambling to his feet, splattering water onto anyone nearby in the commotion. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SMELL?!" Exclaiming while using his hand to cover his nostrils like a mustache. Sliding his hands together over his nose to drown out the smells. Hopping out of fountain with the quickness. Turning back for a second to try to decipher to origin of the odor, the nausea struck him like a ton of bricks. The middle-aged man spilled the content of his stomach onto the floor, followed by dry heaving for a while after. Only taking a moment to bid them farewell, realizing it was likely the man in the fountain. "Fuck this bullshit, I'm gone."

[Exit]

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Well I'd say it's probably the Sulfur in my nails, I was born with an unnaturally high amount, I don't know fully what it does sometimes bit with some waters it seems to mix and create a smell, but it seems to depend on the water." He'd speak up ignoring the rude comments, it was mostly what he got while living here in Reim so far. Cas was an outsider after all. The water was probably ruined...

"I'm sorry, I thought this was a swimming space as well, I'm still kinda new here." He'd tried to explain his actions, stepping out of the water. As the drops began to soak tinting the dirt and brick on the ground. He'd try to dry off, but at least he knew that he had a new weapon in the art of social warfare.

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

his digits run through his untamed locks. the sweat upon his forehead created enough moisture to slick it back. “well, i’ll let you in on a secret— it’s not for swimming or for drinking but we do it because it’s hot.” during the summer months, it was certainly worse.

“hm… sulfur… i never heard of it but it smells like shit. i feel bad for you.” but in all, he couldn’t seem to help it— like the ugliness of a leper. so, a little pity never hurt. “how do you deal with it?” he asks, tilting his head.

492 WORDS | @Casrare

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Still trying to dry off he would respond "Wel; it doesn't happen to often unless oversaturated or mixed with something, I've learned to just shut off my smelling for a bit, however, for the times that it does become an issue. " With his hands dried off the smell would more so be stuck to the fountain then him, which was pleasant as he tried to show his unnatural nails.

"It's my hair too, but through some practice, I learned it could use it as a weapon, when mixed and impacted with a high amount force it can create an explosion." The onyx nails would twinkle in the light, seemingly to have a natural glitter to it upon closer inspection. It was impolite to show off to long so he'd shove his hands down so as not to attract more attention with his sulfur claws.

He didn't really understand shame, but he did know he was unnatural. He was proud of what he could do, but the knights taught modesty. He'd shyly speak out "I can do a few odd things, here's probably not the best place to show it but it helps in a fight." His tan blushing with a rose pink while his lips curled back in a sharp, nervous smile.

Phobos Corvus

Phobos Corvus
D-Tier
D-Tier

大暴れ
you are broken; but you are fearless and utterly alive.
word count 651
The more he dried himself off, the more the smell faded. If anything, the water reeked more than him. Not that it wasn’t disgusting in the first place.

At the mention of explosions, Phobos’ eyes seemed to light up into a sparkle. As though little embers formed in them. He was biting his lip, waiting for Casrare to burst into fireworks. But he shoves them in his pockets, leaving the young Fanalis disappointed, and his sudden twinkle faded.

“Well… we could fight if you want. I can hit you really hard because I’m a Fanalis.”

At least, that is what Diana told him. But neither of them or uncle looked like the rest. It was because they were special, she said. Though at times he thought about it too hard and it made his head hurt.

Even so, he really wanted to see those explosions.

“I think you’d look really cool. Even if you smell gross while doing it.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum