You are not connected. Please login or register

Preparation is Key [Event/Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

His nails of sulfur would twirl within his obsidian black locks.  It was best for him to stop playing with his hair and continue packing up his stuff. Casrare was procrastinating, he was good at it. The view was also good, the morning sun smiled over the misty peaks. Leaning out the window Casrare would let out a sigh, the wooden frame of the sill creaking from his weight. It was certainly enjoyable, how the mountains looked, the cool brisk air despite it being summer. It danced across his face, dancing into his dark oak room.

He would turn to face his cot, a bag with some of his clothes, and trinkets, like an old earring of his moms, and old bracer that belonged to his father. He didn't want to get sentimental, it wasn't his departure day yet! He'd put countless hours, and days into training to become a knight. He was finally one after honing his body into a weapon, now with the crusades going on, he had a chance to see the outside world. He wasn't sure if it had any offers for a better life, he did know that he had to check.

His hands felt slightly clammy, Cas had to steady himself. He wasn't afraid, but he was nervous. It was crazy of the young man to be joining in on the crusades. He wasn't sure what it was going to bring, what would it do to him?

Again he was only distracting himself from packing. "Come on, just put the bag away and let's get on with the day, still gotta buy a couple more essentials." The leather bag would find itself stuffed close with clothes poking out showing his pour job at packing. His bag would hit the wall, he gave a soft toss and let his things hit the floor. He needed to go out and get some air.

He wanted to give the town one last look, the summer was one of his favorite seasons as there were more people in the streets, and there would food stands out. It wouldn't be wise to indulge but it would be seen as disrespectful if he didn't end up getting some food before leaving. Then again he was only here to finish buying supplies for travel prep.

His bare feet would clap against the stone roads, stopping, pointing down towards a road on the right as he would meet a crossroad only 50 feet past his house. The other road would eventually split, finding its way to the castle. The path currently being ventured would lead to downtown, his location, the general store.

It wouldn't take long for him to reach the store, with his walking pace it only took him 5 minutes to reach there. The stone and wood shops with ornate metal signs would be the sign that he was in the downtown area, and there just ahead he could see it.

It was a solid grey building, seemingly made from the mountain rock, possibly granite. It was at the end of the road, right on the corner, with an extended pole above the door with a bronze metal bag as the sign to allude that this was the general store.

Click

The door would open, the tanned visage of Casrare popping up before the old shopkeeper. "Hey pops, sorry to bother you as soon as you open." His words would come out rushed almost, clearly full of energy. "I'm not here for my mom or dad either, I just need to get about a months worth of hunting rations, a waterskin, along with another satchel in case something happens to my current one."

His words vomited out, turning into a flood of vocal communication. It was like this often, it was difficult for the shop-keeper to get a word in with Casrare on a good day. "I can get yo- ["Oh! I could probably use some traps too!"/color] "I think we- "Those look nice!"-got some- "I'll definitely take some of those bear traps!"

"-NEW ONES, ALRIGHT FOR THE TRAPS, WATER, FOOD, AND EXTRA SATCHEL IT'LL BE 100 GOLD PIECES!!" The conversation would end as the keeper would rush out to finish his reply and sale. He knew Cas was good-hearted, but often this is how their discussions would go if he didn't speak up enough.

The young boy would give a cheeky smile, their transaction went over well, Cas handing over the gold as his anxiety from earlier and transformed into hyperactivity. He rushed to the door, his grin flairng up as his hand gestured to wave goodbye. "Thanks for the help like usual, I'll miss our converastions when I leave!" The door slammed, leaving the shopkeeper behind with his goods, silence and a smile.

He managed to shake some of his nerves having a conversation, or rather holding someone verbally hostage. ahhh

His sigh would come with a nice smile as he closed his eyes. It was nice but it reminded him of why he needed to leave. The life here was simple yes, it was something that meant alot to him, but it wasn't great. He wanted life to be better. he believed that life could be better.

As the sun followed around, high the sky like a golden crown on the horizon of his head. His piercing gold eyes only looked ahead to the future now. He was simple, he just needed to talk alot, or vent to make himself feel a little better, or so he thought.

Casrare had managed through most of his life, but the outside world had dangerous effects on ones mind.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum