You are not connected. Please login or register

Tending Wounds [Private/Bianca]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tending Wounds [Private/Bianca] Empty Tending Wounds [Private/Bianca] 06/12/14, 01:15 pm

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi hid a grunt as he walked into the healer's building. He had been trying to avoid coming in to one, but the wounds on his back were likely infected at this point and he could not reach enough of it himself. A nurse showed him into one of the rooms and asked him to remove the top half of his clothing after he explained the problem and she would fetch someone to look at it.

He sighed and thought about how he had become wounded as he undid the belt of the outer layer of clothing. A brawl had broken out on the ship on the way over from Kou and in an attempt to break up the fight, one of the men had broken a chair over his back. While that would not normally be that bad, splinter had embedded themselves deeply in his skin and the doctor on the ship had been unable to work them free, simply instructing him to find a healer once they landed. The next layer came free as he was thinking, revealing pale skin littered with a variety of scars. His back, however, was covered in gashes that were red and angry looking, tiny pieces of wood embedded under the flesh.

He winced as he hung his clothing on the available hook, leaving his pants in place, but otherwise exposed for the healer to see.

Tending Wounds [Private/Bianca] ILVF6C8

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Bianca had been tending to a sickly child when the nurse had approached her, informing her that there was a man in need of the life mage’s services. The young woman smiles in response while brushing back the child’s hair and informing him that she’d be back shortly. In truth, she wasn’t tending to the child’s illness seeing as how all that could be done had been done, but rather decided to keep the boy company. Rising from the edge of the bed she’d been perched on, she smoothes out her crisp white robes and thanks the nurse who quickly bustles away.

As she makes her way to the examining area that held her newest patient, Bianca fidgets nervously. What if the man was seriously injured? No, if the nurse judged his injures to be that severe, she would have gotten one of the more experienced healers. But what if it was something she couldn’t fix? Though she’d ask for help from one of her mentors out of fear of injuring the man further, she wanted to be able to treat this man on her own.

But she couldn’t let this man know how anxious she was. She was aware that she had to appear as calm and reliable as possible, so as to not startle and worry her patient. So she puts on a gentle smile as she opens the door to the exam room.

”Hello, I’m—“

She pauses suddenly as she lays eyes on a particularly attractive and shirtless man. ”A-ah…” Her cheeks flush almost immediately and she clutches her staff in both hands while lowering her head and averting her gaze.

”My name is—I, um am a healer. B-bianca. Nice to meet you!” She stammers out, remembering to try and appear as friendly and capable as possible…and probably failing miserably. She pauses for a few awkward moments, wondering what to say next. Had this man been several decades older, a child, or a woman, she’d likely have a far easier time.

”The nurse, ah, she said that you have some back—um, some injuries on your back. I-I will take a look at them for you!” She declares cheerily, raising her head and giving him a bright smile. Figuring that she made enough of a fool out of herself, she simply motions for him to sit on the examination table and hurries over to the storage cabinets to make sure that all of the supplies she may need were there. However, the clumsy young healer didn’t make it very far before tripping over her own feet. Or the butt of her staff. Or nothing.

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi arched a brow as a woman entered with a staff and promptly flushed and began stammering over her words. When she directed him to sit down on the table, he was about to take a seat when the woman tripped over... nothing? With lightning fast reflexes, he reached out to loop a strong arm around her waist before she could fall to the ground, wincing as it tugged at the infected wounds on his back but making sure she was able to stand on her feet before releasing her and sitting back down, trying not to draw attention to her flushed face or stuttered words.

"Pleased to meet you, I am Kioshi. I am afraid after interrupting a brawl between two sailors, there is more wood in my back than is left on the ship. Would you be able to remove the splinters and treat the infection, Miss Bianca?"

He sat ramrod straight on the table, his posture a result of years of training and kata. He had folded his hands in his lap and his deep violet hues appeared to be looking straight ahead, though he occasionally flicked them over to the woman.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

”Uwah!” The young woman flails in his grasp, startled that he’d reach out to catch her mid-fall. ”Th-thank you…” She bows lightly as he releases her, clutching her staff in front of her as her cheeks redden even more in embarrassment. ”B-but you didn’t have to do that, you’re injured and I-‘m sup-supposed to be the one taking care of you…” She trails awkwardly and stands there for a few second trying to compose herself. At last she moves to examine him, far more comfortable that she was not directly in his line of sight.

Her eyes fall to the injuries on his back with a discerning look. ”Nice to meet you, Kioshi.” She responds softly, her attention thankfully diverted to evaluating his wounds for the most part. ”This doesn’t look too serious. I’m sure I’ll be able to fix you up.” There’s a smile in her voice as she speaks, her being now a bit more relaxed as a whole. Though Kioshi’s wounds were beginning to show signs of infection, they thankfully hadn’t gotten to the point where his care would have to be more intensive.

After thoroughly analyzing his wounds, she quickly casts Soothe, enveloping the man in purple rukh to temporarily alleviate any pain that he felt or will feel. As the spell takes effect, the young magician retrieves a bowl of alcohol, a candle and a pair of forceps. ”I’m going to remove the splinters now…you might feel a bit of pressure. Let me know if you feel any pain at all, okay?” She tries to sound a soothing as possible as she lights the candle before dipping the forceps in alcohol and running them through the flame to sterilize them. She purses her lips in concentration as she removes the sharp pieces of wood from his skin as delicately as she can. Some of them were in there deep, but with the magical anesthetic it hopefully would only cause the man mild discomfort. Had she been a more skilled healer, she likely would have been able to induce the growth of the flesh on his back to simply push out the wooden splinters.

”Are you a traveler, then?” She asks arily, trying to make some conversation as she sterilizes the forceps once more after removing another splint of wood. Her eyes flicker over the Kou styled upper body clothing hanging on the wall.

[Magoi: 140/150]

Spoiler:

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi tensed slightly as he felt an odd tingle envelop him before he realized the pain in his back had lessened greatly. He was not completely new to magic being used, but in his clan, it was felt a person learned their lessons better when forced to suffer the pain of recovery, so it was not until much later in his life that he had ever been healed. The spell seemed to be more of a pain relief than anything, but he was grateful for it. The pain was irritating more than anything and with it numbed, it seemed easier to breathe. Her hands were cool as she located and began the process of removing the splinters from his back, but all he felt was the pressure and temperature.

"A traveler? Of sorts. I am from Kou."

He was not inept at making small talk, but his reasons for being here were slightly sensitive, especially to Reim natives. His nationality alone was enough to make most hold a grievance with him. As she pulled another splinter free, his mind was drawn to the Sakura scar that was very close and he hoped the splinters had not harmed the symbol. The mark was a symbol of pride in his clan, physical proof that they were the best at what they did. He found the woman's voice relaxing and her touch gentle, which he was grateful for. Not all healers were as careful with their patients, as was evidence by the medic on the ship, who had simply wiped down the wounds with alcohol and told him to seek help when they landed.

"And are you a native of this interesting country or did you travel here?"

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

She’s relieved that her spell seems to be working, or perhaps the man was just good at hiding his pain. She certainly hoped that is was the former, and thought so as the muscles of his back seemed less tense.

”Oh…” She makes a soft noise when he reveals his country of origin, not entirely surprised as the clothes he wore hinted at it, but still felt a bit uneasy nevertheless. She’d been present for Kou’s takeover of the city and had her hands full for several weeks after, tending to those injured in the struggle. Things had settled down and Kou’s influence was subtle at best, but Bianca preferred to focus on her work. As such, she would treat an injured person regardless of their nationality or affiliation. She saw her healing gifts as a way to protect and guard life, no matter who it belonged it.

He seems nice… She thinks to herself as she removes the last of the splinters. Luckily, none of them had embedded themselves in the odd mark tattooed on his back. Bianca would be able to heal his flesh, but the ink would have had to been redone. Taking another look over his back, she soaks a cloth in some fresh alcohol and gently glides it over the wounds to help clear any infection and speed the healing process.

”Oh, I was born and raised in Remano. It’s a beautiful city even…” She trails into silence, thinking better of what she was about to say. There was no need for her to drag Kou’s occupation into the conversation, unwarranted. Many travelers made their way to the city, and it was perfectly normal for simple travelers to hail from the eastern nation on their own accord. ”May I ask where you’ve traveled to?” Her tone holds a lit of curiosity, her mind always eager to hear tales of exotic lands.

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi felt the coolness of the alcohol across his skin, but not the burn. The woman must be a talented healer. At her question, he looked slightly over his shoulder, his deep voice rolling out like smooth chocolate.

"Mostly around Kou and the Great Plains, though our ship stopped in Balbadd on the way over here. Their newly born republic seems to be working well for them, even in the stages of infancy. I hope it continues to prosper. The port gave a beautiful view of the capital city and the people were very friendly. The most I have seen here is Remano and the small villages from Portsmouth. Your city is very nice. I was glad to see the people taking advantage of the new initiatives of King el Nagi."

He quieted as she continued the work on his back. He did not wish to rile any negative feelings in the person currently in charge of healing him. He really did find Remano a beautiful place, in its own right. It did not hold the gentle elegance of Kou, but the culture seemed rich and the people were friendly, if they did not suspect you of being from Kou.

"You have a very gentle touch, Miss Bianca."

He felt the compliment slip from his lips. He was one that felt a job well done should be commented on, to inspire and assure the person performing the task they were doing well.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

A dreamy smile overtakes the young woman’s face as her patient speaks of his travels. She’d never spent too much time out of the city before, so hearing tales of foreign lands was something she always appreciated. As she finishes disinfecting his wounds, she can’t help but think that a more skilled healer would have been able to patch him up completely by now. Again, a more skilled life mage would have been able to encourage the growth of the body’s natural bacteria to eat away at the infection, but Bianca was hesitant to perform a technique she was not entirely confident in.

She bit her lower lip in conflict when he mentioned the new King. Bianca was rather sheltered when it came to politics, but she didn’t know how purposefully she had been guarded. She was however exposed the varying opinions of the more seasoned mages which ranged from bitterness to mild acceptance. Regardless, she saw it as her place to heal the wounded. So long as Kou didn’t start demolishing hospitals, she didn’t have much to say on the matter.

His complement comes as a surprise, one that startles another blush onto her cheeks. Partially because it was unexpected, but also because she always consciously made an effort to treat her patients the best she could. ”T-thank you very much for your kind words. I believe that being gentle helps speed the healing process.” It was part of her belief that mending wounds and relieving illness was not just a physical task, but also mental. Suddenly, this man didn’t seem as intimidating as before. Not that she found him scary to begin with.

”I’m going to close up your wounds now. Again, let me know if you feel any pain.” Taking a deep breath, Bianca reaches for her staff and grips in in both hands. Letting her eyes fall closed, she whispers to the rukh, commanding it to cover the wounds on Kioshi’s back in a Gentle Light. New healthy tissue began to grow over the now cleaned injuries. Bianca opens her eyes to gauge the progress of the healing, stopping the spell only when Kioshi’s back appeared good as new and without scarring. Letting out a gentle sigh of relief that everything appeared to have gone well (aside from her tripping in the beginning), the young healer smiles and speaks again.

”There, all set. Tell me, do you feel any better? Please be honest.” The girl asks earnestly, gripping her staff a bit tighter.

[Magoi: 130/150]

Spoiler:

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi sat still as the woman repaired his back, the gentle flow of magoi stitching the wounds together felt odd, but not painful. When she said she was finished, he cautiously twisted one way and then the other before standing and bending over, relieved that there were no uncomfortable pulls or tugs. And nothing felt like it was on fire anymore, which was fantastic. He turned to the woman with a grateful half-smile playing on his lips and bowed deeply to her in respect.

"My back feels as good as new, Miss Bianca. I cannot thank you enough for tending to my wounds with such gentleness and care. You are a wonderful healer."

He would then raise back up, doing another twist to check the healing on his back. Along with the wounds being gone, it seemed the tenseness that had come with the infection was also healed and he seemed to have full range of motion. The movements revealed the subtle ripple of muscles that were finely honed on his slim frame. He straightened again and gave a sincere smile.

"Seriously, you have my thanks. I feel fantastic."

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Pulling away from the man’s back, Bianca watches as he tests out his newly repaired flesh and muscles. When he turns toward her with a hint of a smile, the girl does all she can to keep herself from swooning onto the floor. The bow catches her off guard though, unused to seeing such an eastern custom, but the mild surprise melts from her face into a cheerful smile as Kioshi insists that she had done a fine job. He…he thought she was wonderful? No, he was simply complementing her abilities…but she was only a novice, perhaps he was simply unaccustomed to the work of a healing mage? The words brought another wave of pink tinge to her cheeks and she looks away with an embarrassed smile, gripping her staff tightly out of habit. Her eyes glance at him as he stretches, noting his toned frame before flickering her gaze back to the side.

”O-oh…you’re quite welcome, Mr. Kioshi.” She offers him a bright smile, feeling a bit weak in the knees from the kind words of a handsome gentleman. ”I’m still learning, but…I’m glad that I was able to make you feel better! After all, that’s what we do here!” She laughs a bit too loudly before coughing, her gaze settling onto his body for a few uncomfortable moments. ”Oh, um, you may…put your clothes back on…i-if you’d like!”

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi watched the flush on the healer’s face with a hidden grin. She was easily flustered and he could not help playfully taking advantage of that. While he was generally quiet and rather stern looking, he enjoyed seeing a girl flush at him just as much as the next man. When she mentioned his clothes he would give her a slight bow before reaching out and pulling on his clothing, loosely knotting the haori at his waist before tucking his katana into the sash.

“My thanks once again, Miss Bianca. It was truly a pleasure. One question, if you do not mind?”

If she did not object, he would continue.

“I was wondering if you knew of anyone willing to give me a tour of Remano. I have not been here long and I find the professional tour guides to be… fake. I want to learn about the city from someone who has lived here and has grown up in the culture. I would like to see all of Remano, not just the pretty parts a tour guide would point out, but the little café that only the locals know about and the fountain the kids like to play in. I want an authentic experience to add to my memories.”

His voice would be quiet, but earnest, truly desiring to learn as much as he could about the culture here. It was so far removed from Kou culture and he was fascinated by the rather brutish ways. He kept his violet hues trained on her delicate face, hoping she would offer the tour herself and if not, then suggest someone willing to do it.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Bianca casts her gaze shyly to the side as Kioshi dons his top layer of clothing, giving the man ample time to straighten his attire out. His request catches him off guard and she tilts her head back towards him quickly, a questioning look in her eyes but says nothing, her silence and curious expression urging him to proceed.

While listening to his query, an unconscious smile played along Bianca’s lips in a gentle expression. Bianca could tell from the way that Kioshi spoke that he was truly interested in immersing himself in Reim’s culture and learning their way of life. She hadn’t come in contact with many people from Kou, but was wary of the descriptions the civilians spouted, many of it rather spiteful. But the man standing before her was kind and respectful, making no aggressive movements toward her. He was not the barbarian she had been warned about who wouldn’t hesitate to slit her throat or force her to do something shameful. Perhaps it was the naïve dreamer in her, but Bianca found herself rather eager to agree to aid Kioshi.

”It would be my pleasure to show you around my city, i-if you’d like for me to. I’ve lived here all my life, so no one knows these streets better than I!” She gives him a bright smile, her speech almost devoid of her usual stuttering, but the excitement of sharing her culture with someone so earnest was clear in her voice. ”Ah…if you don’t mind, I’d like something in return.” She pauses, hoping that it didn’t sound like she was being rude or asking too much. ”I-if you’d like, I’d um…I’d love to hear about your homeland. Only if you want! Y-you don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to. Ahh, sorry!”

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi gave a soft chuckle at her questions, glad she had offered to show him around and even happier to hear that she was curious to hear about his native land as well. Sharing knowledge and culture with people was an enriching experience that could not be matched and he found himself looking forward to hearing more about Reim from the healer.

“Miss Bianca, I would be most honored to tell you about Kou culture. If it would be acceptable, after you show me your country, we can stop for something to eat and I will tell you anything you wish to know about my land.”

He would offer a friendly smile to try and calm the excitable woman. When talking about her own country, her stumbling words had flowed gracefully and he hoped she would become comfortable enough to not trip over her words and feet during their tour of the city. While it was flattering, he much preferred her smooth, soft voice when it rattled off excitedly about showing him Reim culture.

“So, when would you like to give me this tour? I have a fairly flexible schedule, so I have no preference, but I imagine you are quite busy.”

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Glad to see that she had not overstepped her bounds, Bianca’s slightly distressed look melts into a beaming smile. ”Of-of course! That sounds great! Wonderful, even!” Her shoulders slump a little in relaxation and she leans forward a bit while placing her weight onto her staff.

”Hmm…” She purses her lips in thought, trying to figure out when the best time for them to meet would be. She nearly blushes at the thought of meeting a man alone and going on a da—w-wait, it wasn’t like that! Kioshi was just a curious traveler who needed a tour guide and nothing else. But she was still all too happy to oblige. ”I usually begin working in the afternoon, so mornings are best for me. How does tomorrow sound?”

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi gave a gentle smile and nodded, his violet eyes beaming. It would be interesting to see Reim as a native saw it. Having the opportunity to share his culture over a meal was just a bonus to him, though he certainly could not complain about the company.

"Tomorrow morning sounds perfect, Miss Bianca. I eagerly anticipate seeing this country through your beautiful eyes."

He would offer her another bow before reaching out to gently grasp her fingers and brushing a soft kiss across the knuckles. It was something he had seen one of the citizens do and hoped he was not overstepping any cultural boundaries by doing so. With a charming grin, he straightened and dipped his head in a nod.

"Very well, on the morrow, then. Shall we meet at the fountain a few blocks from here?"

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Her blush intensifies and she brings a closed fist from her staff up to her lips, trying to hide her smile when he calls he beautiful—her eyes, when he called her eyes beautiful. Before she can come up with something to respond with, Kioshi bows again and takes her hand in his gentle hold. She tilts his head and stares down at him curiously, wondering if this was some sort of gesture from his home—and then she feels his lips graze her knuckles. Almost immediately her face turns beat red and she can feel the heat radiating off of it. ”T-to-tomorrow, yes, th-the f-f-fountain…” She manages to stutter out, nearly unintelligible. She tries to take a step forward but doesn’t realize how weak her legs have gotten from the embarrassment and she wobbles, losing her balance just as she passes out.

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi's eyes widen as Bianca wobbles a bit and then slumps in a faint. Before she can drop very far, he caught her in his arms, though her staff fell to the floor. It would not do to have such a talented healer injure herself on his account. He had never had a woman faint at his feet before and he was a bit at a loss as to what to do. Sweeping up her legs in his other arm, he turned and settled her on the table gently. Brushing a stray strand from her face, he searches for any signs of consciousness.

"Miss Bianca? Miss? Hey, wake up, I did not mean to startle you!"

His voice was soft, but urgent and he wondered if he should get one of the other healers to look at the woman. He wondered if he had offended her to the point of fainting, he had heard of it when ladies in court took offense or saw blood, but he had never witnessed it before.

"Miss Bianca? Please wake up..."

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Bianca’s blackout only lasted for a couple seconds, thankfully. The young blonde began to stir to consciousness shortly after being hoisted up onto the table. ”Mmm….” Bright blue eyes open in time to see Kioshi hovering over her. Startled, she gasps and lifts her head up so quickly that Kioshi wouldn’t have time to move out of the way. She recoils as her forehead smacks against his, gasping once more and quickly leaping off of the table. ”I-I-I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! Are you alright?” She practically pleads, gazing up at him with apologetic eyes. She rubs the spot on her forehead that had made contact with Kioshi, the dull pain ebbing away. The impact wasn’t harsh at all, more surprising than anything.

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi was startled as Bianca's head met his and he raised a hand to rub the spot for a moment as she gathered her bearings. Once she was back on her feet, he immediately knelt before her, his eyes centered on the ground.

"It is I that must apologize, Miss Bianca. I was too forward in my usage of another culture's mannerism. Please, forgive my ignorance and forwardness."

He glanced up at her through dark shards of hair, his eyes pleading for forgiveness. He was staunchly against being rude or brash and he was afraid he had offended her. He hoped she would still be willing to give him a tour, considering his uncouth approach to thanking her.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Seeing Kioshi kneel in front of her only made her more frantic, as at first she though that he was in too much pain to stand. She still remained rather frantic even as he apologized. "N-no, no! You did nothing wrong, nothing wrong at all! Believe me...!" She waves her hands in front of her, trying to dispel his worry. "U-um...please stand up?" She tries, rubbing the back of her neck gently. If he did indeed stand, she would exhale heavily and offer him an awkward yet delighted smile.

"I-if you still want, I'd be happy to show you around tomorrow."

Kioshi

Kioshi
β-Tier
β-Tier

Kioshi would breathe a sigh of relief before standing, an awkward smile on his face. He scratched the back of his head, slightly flustered but glad he had not offended her.

"Very well, then. Tomorrow at the fountain. You can show me this wonderful city of yours!"

He offered her a bow, refraining from attempting his earlier move, lest she feel the urge to faint again. With a last glance at the healing mage, he would smile before taking his leave, anticipating the tour in the morning and the opportunity to spend more time with the sweet woman that had done wonders for his wounds.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

A large smile spread across the young woman’s face at seeing that Kioshi was not upset with her and still seemed to have the intention of meeting with her tomorrow. ”I look forward to it!”

As Kioshi took his leave, the blonde healer leans her weight against her wooden staff, sighting gently once the swordsman was out of sight. She had been unprepared for the whirlwind of emotions that blew through her, but it was as exciting and exhilarating as it was terrifying. Figuring that the other healers may  begin to get suspicious with her spending so much time tending to minor wounds, Bianca quickly straightens to go about the rest of her day, her heart beating in her chest a little faster every time she thought about her next meeting with dark haired man from Kou.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum