340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
300+

U
sing her hand a shield, Jingyi glanced up at the sky with furrowed brows. It blistering sun was still beating down upon them in an almost unbearable way, but the rolling clouds promised a cool break. While the redhead was somewhat used to the heat that was typical of Kou's seasons, even she had to admit that it was getting a tad unbearable.

Looking at the rest of the group she seemed to travel with, their opinions of the weather wasn't too pleasant either. Agitation seemed high, especially with a man by the name Jahan. The yell aimed at their company drew Jingyi out of her thoughts, her gaze wandering to the crowned man in question.

He was an odd person to her. Not only was he foreign, he wore a beautiful crown that glittered darkly in the sunlight. Jahan's headpiece reminded her of an exotic prince's crown. It wasn't like those worn by Kou's nobility that Jingyi could see, but Jahan wasn't from this nation either.

"JINGGGG"

Motioning to Dullahan to follow, Jingyi sped up her pace to a trot so she could catch up to the man. But a boom of thunder froze her in her tracks, her body jolting in surprise. Her red gaze glanced inquisitively at the skies, brows furrowing as fat raindrops began to pour down. Jingyi quickly raised her hands above her head, fingers interlocking in a futile attempt to keep some of the water off her.

Jingyi hadn't realized that Jahan had run back for her until he had grabbed her. As he began to tug her up the mountain path, the girl tugged herself out of his grip and continued jogging up the path alongside Jahan. The soldier was the first one to duck into the cave, Dullahan trotting in after his master. It was much darker within the space, but it was considerably dryer.

"Sounds good to me. It wouldn't be good if we got washed off into a ravine," she commented offhandedly, her fingers running through her already wet hair. Jingyi turned her gaze to Jahan before looking at Dullahan, the Ferrum Capra giving his woolen body a good shake to rid itself of the water that clung to it. "It should pass over the mountain soon."
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Equipment:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

D
ullahan snorted as his brown eyes peered around the cave, his left hoof tapping against the stone floor. It only took the beast a moment to decide he wanted to sit down, which is exactly what he did. Plopping comfortably onto the ground, Dulla watched as his tamer wandered around the cave before she made her way over to him.

"Yeah, it seems so. As long as there isn't anything else camped in with us, it should be a great place to wait out the storm," she commented as she undid the bindings that held her waist cushions in place. Pulling them off, Jingyi set them beside her before leaning against her beast. The goat in question glanced at her, nudging her affectionately with his snout and receiving a pat in return.

But then Jaja plopped down by Dullahan. The man would get a look from the goat, who leaned away as the King Candidate tried to pet him. There was a threatening snort, and Jingyi quickly sat up. Before her beast could shock her friend, the redhead ran her hand soothingly down Dullahan's back, calming him.

At Jaja's touch, Dullahan's ears flicked backward as his eyes narrowed. But the goat didn't do much else, watching him suspiciously. However, the goat couldn't help but listen to the soft tun, and gradually Dullahan's body began to lose its tension. Jingyi glanced at her beast in surprise, but there was a soft smile on her face. Her fingers scratched beneath his ear, earning a positive response as he shuddered happily. Perhaps the attention from the both of them was doing the goat some good.

Leaning forwards, Jingyi put her cheek against Dullahan's cheek and wrapped an arm around his neck in a sort of embrace. She gently scratched at his wool, curling it around her fingers in a way that was comfortable for Dullahan. At her name, the girl let go of her beast with a final pat. Her red gaze drifted to the tanned man, watching him stare out the cave.

"I'm not too sure about the world, but I can tell you about Kou," Jingyi offered as she pushed herself to her feet. She moved closer to Jaja, taking a seat by him as she looked out. She sat with her knee propped up, her body leaned back as she watched the rain pour down.

At his proposition of a game, Jingyi's smile perked. It didn't seem like too bad of a game, and it would be nice to find out more about Jaja. "Sounds good," she answered with a slight chuckle as Jingyi turned her attention away from the scenery, "I'll start. What was your favorite childhood memory?"
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi raised her knees, her arms wrapping around her legs as she listened to the man speak. Her chin came to a rest on the top of her knees, head turned so she could watch Jaja as he explained his story. Red eyes fluttered to a half-close, her soft smile curled on her lips in a gentle expression. The smile seemed to widen at the laughter, all too knowing of the feeling of receiving a lashing and slinking away to mend.

As their conversation lulled, with Jaja falling quiet as his story came to a close. The only sounds that could be heard were the falling of rain. Waterdrops hitting the ground in an off-tempo song that could only be played by nature's nimble fingers. It had a charming effect on Jingyi, her mind drifting to watch the storm outside their shelter. But the silence only held for a moment, breaking as Jaja piped up.

Her body shuddered at the question, the soldier sitting up as her legs stretched back out. Painted lips pursed together as Jingyi regarded her answer, her gaze shifting from her hands and over to the tanned man that sat close to her.

"I come from a remote village that's surrounded by mountains on one side and water on the other. It's very quiet there, peaceful and calm. For the longest time, my clan, the Hou Clan, has resided there. To the extent of my knowledge, we've always supported the military," she began, her voice beginning at a soft tone as Jingyi did her best to recall her family's history. "As you can imagine, combat is our way of life. The only art we know is that of a blade. How to wield it, how to make it a part of your body, and how to survive. Your place in the clan is determined by your prowess," as Jingyi spoke, her gaze would wander away to stare out of the cave. Her red eyes were downcast, her smile still gracing her face as memories of her childhood were brought to the surface.

"But it's more than just that. We're brought up with a sense of code. Of honor, loyalty, respect, and pride. Stupidity corrodes your talent, wrath hides it, and a life without companionship will only hinder your heart and mind. I suppose you can credit my clan's beliefs for why I fight," at that, the redhead would clear her throat with a slight chuckle. "I want to make them proud of me and my accomplishments. Their hearts will swell, and their heads will be carried high when they see me. Not only that, I want to protect my family. Even if I have to do something I don't want to do, I'll protect them as they protected me."
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

J
ingyi's gaze was kept on the scene before them, watching as the forest bent to the will of the forest. Her shoulders drooped slightly as her body leaned back as if she were taking in the full picture. Once Jaja began to speak, the girl's red eyes flickered back to the man, her head cocked to the side, causing locks of red hair to fall over her shoulder.

"Ah, I understand what you mean when you say that, Jaja," Jingyi began as her eyes met his. There was a pleasant smile on the girl's face, her eyes reflecting the warmth of the expression. "Any figure of power needs to show power before his troops. He cannot entirely rely on another because such would only be a weakness. One that the people around him would exploit in order to take over."

She was looking back at the torrent of rain now, her eyes half closed with thought as she regarded her words. The words Jaja spoke struck a cord. Sometimes she couldn't help but think that her potential was being wasted as a simple soldier. Jingyi's lips pursed together before the woman offered him a slight shake of her head.

"If that's the case, it shall certainly change in the future. It's pointless to say that I need to find own vision for I know it; I'll become a general. Hm, that sounds nice, doesn't it? It may not be as lavish as a king, but alas "Great General" sounds pleasant on its own." Whilst she talked, Jingyi's red eyes seemed to light up with excitement, the hand at her side curling up into a fist.

At the statement, the redhead seemed to pause. A sheepish smile slowly formed on her face, her shoulders shrugging as if she was saying "sorry about that". "It would appear so, but don't worry! I have one." Jingyi leaned forwards in her "seat, legs crossing Indian style as her elbows came to a rest on her knees. "Let's go with this. What is your most frightening experience?"
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

I
f you have one," Jingyi confirmed, shifting so she sat with her legs crossed. Resting her elbows on her knees, she quietly watched Jaja think to himself. From the way he fidgeted, it would seem that he was having a difficult time thinking about an occasion. It wasn't all too surprising, honestly. From what she had seen of the "King" so far, he didn't seem the type to get scared easily. Anger might come easier to him, but not fear.

However, everyone has their moments. Jingyi couldn't quite understand what it felt like to know that you could very possibly die, though the notion is frightening enough. To know that your goals would go uncompleted, to be left in the dark about what existed afterlife, to have to leave your friends and family behind. Simply to fail the goal of keeping yourself alive.

Shaking away the thoughts of death, Jingyi's attention fell to her hands. She ran her thumb over her nails, her smile lifting as she thought of her next question to ask- what was a dungeon like. But her process was interrupted by a fantastic roar of a thunderbolt. The sound jolted her, her heart spiking as the woman naturally looked towards the only exit they had. Their glimpse of the outside world disappeared behind a curtain of dust and debris. The very cavern itself seemed to tremble at the power of the lightning bolt, disappearing as the last of the rocks settled.

Climbing to her feet, she watched the cave as if her gaze alone would compel the wall to fall away. She raised her eyes, glancing at the roof lingering above their heads. There were faint lines crisscrossing the rocks towards the mouth of the cave, speckles of dust raining down from the cracks from nearby thunder.

"As you said, you're likely to bring the roof down on us before we escape. Nor could we dig our way out, for all we know those rocks could be holding up the front of the cavern for now. There's also the possibility that there's a hill on the other side of the barrier..." As Jingyi spoke, she found her gaze wandering to the other side of the cavern. Her head tilted, brows furrow in thought before she began to walk. "Let's explore the cave, if there's nothing better then we can try the front as the last option."
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Last edited by Jingyi Hou on 04/12/17, 07:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
-
WC
0/0

T
he cave was gulped in undominated darkness, the air growing stale as they walked. Jingyi felt Dullahan bump against her side and raised her hand to pet the beast's head in return. From the way he pushed against her, the beast-tamer could tell that he was scared of the situation. He clearly didn't want to venture further into the cave, but Jaja had already passed ahead of her.

After giving a final scratch to Dullahan's chin, Jingyi sped up her pace to catch up to the Fanalis. The goat had no choice but to follow, his comforting presence becoming known as Dullahan pressed against her once more.

"You don't need to tell me twice, Jaja," Jingyi responded, her free hand catching onto his elbow to ensure that she didn't lose the man in the darkness. By now he was just a dark blob in the shadow, and the last thing they needed was to be separated. "I plan to make it out of here, so don't worry about me."

While walking deeper into the cave, the sounds of the raging storm were quietly replaced by a different sound. By straining her ears, Jingyi could faintly make out the near-silent sound of a gentle, lapping water. Despite the fact that it should have been soothing to hear, the noise only created a feeling of unease. Her grip on Jaja's elbow tightened as her movements became tenser. Jingyi's apprehension only intensified when the cave's scent became damp, and flecks of water dropped from the ceiling.

Were they approaching a source of water? Did that mean that they were trapped between a pool and a landslide of rock? The worries manifested as a choking ball lodged in her throat. Too consumed by the thoughts of their situation, Jingyi didn't realize that Jaja had thrown out his arm until she walked into it.

She staggered back briefly, her grip on the man releasing. Her gaze naturally dropped, and the woman noticed the incline that they had traveled down. Now she could clearly hear the water lapping against stone, Jaja's warning fading to the back of her mind. Before Jingyi could even suggest running back, furious lightning struck the earth. Its anger shook the cave, turning Jingyi's legs to rubber. The rock beneath her feet seemed to disappear, plunging her even further towards the depth. The only thing her fear-consumed mind could even think of was the water. A terrified scream tore from Jingyi's throat, drowning out Dullahan's own scared yells.

Jingyi's body turned as she fell, straightening out to an arrow-like form. She hit the water, the cold fingers wrapping around her and dragging her deeper. With flailing arms, she broke the surface. Her arms and legs thrashed in the water before Jingyi disappeared down again. Her tears intermingled with the bitter water as it invaded her mouth. It flushed out her air, choking her with a merciless cruelty as Jingyi continued to struggle.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

J I N G Y I

MY SWORD IS A LIFE TAKER
STAMINA
340/340
MAGOI
260/260
NOTES
Muse
WC

J
aja's shouts weren't registered by the woman, her mind too paralyzed by fear to recognize them. Already she could feel her body grow tired of the endless flailing. Lead filled her limbs. Water filled her mouth and lungs. The darkness wrapped around her in a tight shroud. Something else tried to latch onto her, only to met by her elbow during her restless struggle against the pool.

Jingyi sank beneath the surface before bobbing back up momentarily with a loud wail. This couldn't be happening, the woman thought to herself through the haze. The waters began to mingle with salty tears as her body sobbed from pure terror. When it didn't seem like it could get worse - she was drowning, after all- something wrapped itself around her torso, dragging her. Her hands scratched at it, her cries intensifying due to the fact that her fear-riddled mind couldn't identify what was happening.

But then her back hit something solid and someone tried to speak to her. Jingyi broke into a new wave of tears, her body still shaking as it tried to contain the hysteria that wracked through it. She latched onto the figure with a vice-like grip, her nails digging into him. She babbled incoherently, her words mashing together. Finally, it became clear through her tears and sniffles that she was saying "sorry".

During the exchange, Dullahan recovered himself and swam over to the duo. He pressed close to Jaja and Jingyi, nudging his snout beneath the woman's elbow to alert her that he was here. The action caused Jingyi to pull an arm away from Jaja and wrap it around her beast. Even after calming down, the red-haired woman still trembled and sniffled uncontrollably. She curled up against the man, huddling close for the protection she sought after the terrifying experience.  Jingyi could still taste the bitter water in her mouth, and it drove her to tighten her grip on the both of them.
ISHY of THQ &ADOXOGRAPHY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum