Levi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Onde Sonore (Sound Wave)
Tier: D
Class: Magician
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Pointing the user’s staff/wand towards the target.
Scaling: Damage
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1 Post
Cost: 10 Magoi | 5 to sustain
Description:

Gathering Sound-Magic and pointing the staff towards a target, the user manifests sound waves that physically hurt, dealing D-tier damage. The waves are 0.5m large and move in a straight line up to 10m.

Cris (Scream)
Type: Defensive
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to point their staff/wand towards their opponent, who in return needs to hear this ability.
Scaling: Range
Cool Down: 1 post
Description:

The user gathers Sound-Magic, emitting a high pitched scream. Those affected by the spell in near proximity will have problems coordinating their movements, making it easier for the caster to avoid the next physical, close-combat attack.

Démarches Tranquilles (Calm Steps)
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to point their staff/wand at their body.
Scaling: Duration
Description:

Using Sound-Magic, the user builds a sphere of magic around their body to eliminate most of the sounds they create through walking. However, a person with trained ears would probably still hear the user. This spell is active for up to 2 posts and radiates 1m around the user.

Parole (Speech)
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to point with their staff/wand at their throat.
Scaling: Range
Description:

By using Sound-Magic, the user is able to be heard over great distances (up to 25m), making it easier for others to follow his words. In addition, his voice can be altered in close distances (up to 5m), too, making it easier to intimidate others through words alone.

Feuler (Roar)
Tier: C
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user needs to cast the spell and point their staff/wand towards the targets. The targets need to hear the sound for the full impact.
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 Magoi | 10 to sustain
Description:

By casting Sound-Magic, the user generates sound waves and fires these at the targets. While the waves deal D-tier damage, they also emit a high-pitched sound, attacking the targets’ ear drums. If they also hear these sounds, they are thrown off balance, having difficulties to coordinate their movements for one post.

I hope they are more or less okay :3

Last edited by Levi on 25/01/17, 05:14 am; edited 1 time in total

2Levi's starting abilities Empty Re: Levi's starting abilities 23/01/17, 05:22 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

You did a good job for your first time!

Onde Sonore (Sound Wave)

This needs a "size" so to speak. Like... how large are the sound waves? Is it in a cone? A straight line? How far does it travel? This will just go in the description.

Cris (Scream)

With this one... when magicians in Magi cast a spell, they have to speak the name of the spell. So the requirement to scream isn't needed. The rukh will scream for you.

You should at least put in the requirements that you need to make some sort of movement with your staff / wand. While it's not needed to write that you need to speak the spell (since you have to anyways), it is required to write the movement for magician spells.

This one needs some form of scaling. I would suggest duration. You should also add to the description that this ability will last one to two posts. So if you scaled it with duration, it would last longer. Just add that it radiates like... 1m around the user or something for the distance.

Parole (Speech)

Same as Cris (Scream). You need a movement requirement. You need to add the maximum distance this spell can travel in the description, please.

Feuler (Roar)

This would be Offensive / Supplementary. Other than that small edit... this ability is perfect.

Very Happy

3Levi's starting abilities Empty Re: Levi's starting abilities 25/01/17, 05:19 am

Levi

Levi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Updated.

Onde Sonore (Sound Wave)

Some measurements added

Cris (Scream)

I think I read somewhere (I don't know if it was cannon or in a wiki) that Sound Magic can sometimes function with the voice alone, thus this ability. But if you have another system, I don't mind.

Numbers and Scaling added, say if they aren't yet okay.

Parole (Speech)

I think I had some logic error when first creating the ability and decreased the intial Range to Close and added some numbers into the description. If it's not fitting, I'll change it.

Feuler (Roar)

And added.

4Levi's starting abilities Empty Re: Levi's starting abilities 25/01/17, 05:33 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved w/ small changes. About the sound magic thing, I apologize that I didn't know that but I saw it on the Wikipedia. Just for the sake of our systems, we can keep it the way it is. o vo/

Changed some range values to Long and Medium. Anything above 10m is a long ranged ability. Anything above 5m is a medium ranged ability.

Added size / length to Roar.

You can add to your vault!

Code:
[center][b]Onde Sonore (Sound Wave)[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Class:[/b] Magician
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Pointing the user’s staff/wand towards the target.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 Post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Magoi | 5 to sustain
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
Gathering Sound-Magic and pointing the staff towards a target, the user manifests sound waves that physically hurt, dealing D-tier damage. The waves are 0.5m large and move in a straight line up to 10m.[/list]

[center][b]Cris (Scream)[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to point their staff/wand towards their opponent, who in return needs to hear this ability.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Range
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post
[list]
The user gathers Sound-Magic, emitting a high pitched scream. Those affected by the spell in near proximity (5m) will have problems coordinating their movements, making it easier for the caster to avoid the next physical, close-combat attack.[/list]

[center][b]Démarches Tranquilles (Calm Steps)[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to point their staff/wand at their body.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Duration
[list]
Using Sound-Magic, the user builds a sphere of magic around their body to eliminate most of the sounds they create through walking. However, a person with trained ears would probably still hear the user. This spell is active for up to 2 posts and radiates 1m around the user.[/list]

[center][b]Parole (Speech)[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to point with their staff/wand at their throat.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Range
[list]
By using Sound-Magic, the user is able to be heard over great distances (up to 25m), making it easier for others to follow his words. In addition, his voice can be altered in close distances (up to 5m), too, making it easier to intimidate others through words alone.[/list]

[center][b]Feuler (Roar)[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user needs to cast the spell and point their staff/wand towards the targets. The targets need to hear the sound for the full impact.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Magoi | 10 to sustain
[list]
By casting Sound-Magic, the user generates sound waves that are 2m in diameter and fires these at the targets. While the waves deal D-tier damage and travel up to 10m, they also emit a high-pitched sound, attacking the targets’ ear drums. If they also hear these sounds, they are thrown off balance, having difficulties to coordinate their movements for one post.[/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum