Grey Background

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Grey Background Empty Grey Background 27/03/14, 03:07 pm

Attius

Attius
D-Tier
D-Tier

I would suggest finding a different colored background for the site. Its just something that has been irking me since I started making my character. It makes bright colored text invisible and kind of gives the site an unappealing look to it.

What color? I don't have the ability to decide since I've never made a forum board before, but one that can work with different colors of text.

2Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 03:47 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Here's my take on backgrounds in general:

no matter what color there is in the background, there will always be multiple colors that are tough to see. That is an absolute fact.

3Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 03:52 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Unfortunately if we switched to a darker color the dark texts would be almost invisible. Color schemes are a touchy issue and we cant satisfy everyone. Personally I prefer darker themes, but in my experience most people complain about dark themes because it supposedly "hurts their eyes" so it's a win lose situation.

I'm not sure if forumotion allows this feature, but some forums allow the members to choose from a list of color schemes. If you ask nicely Jael, the head admin, might be willing to look into that for you.
 :D 

4Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 04:11 pm

Attius

Attius
D-Tier
D-Tier

@Zadi.
That is true, but isn't there anything else other than grey? From what I've seen, it is often the default background unless the moderator changes the skin. I'm asking if we could experiment with finding a color scheme that is less... dull. Can't make every text shine, but a better selection of colors would make it easier to read.

@Yaku
We can't satisfy everyone on everything, I am well aware of that. It's not a substantial issue to me, just makes creating a decent-looking profile more difficult. I'm looking to see if anything can possibly be done about it within reason. I will PM Jael about it soon and if he is willing to do something than great. If not, I can live with it.

5Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 04:15 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Attius wrote:
@Yaku
We can't satisfy everyone on everything, I am well aware of that. It's not a substantial issue to me, just makes creating a decent-looking profile more difficult. I'm looking to see if anything can possibly be done about it within reason. I will PM Jael about it soon and if he is willing to do something than great. If not, I can live with it.

You shouldn't be trying to make your profile look fancy anyways. Just stick to the default because you wont gain anything from making it customized and only run the risk of straying from what staff can approve. ;)

6Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 04:22 pm

Attius

Attius
D-Tier
D-Tier

I'm pretty good at staying within approval lines, don't you worry about that.

I make it customized because it challenges me and allows me to experiment with the coding and what works and what doesn't. Plus it makes it more appealing to play a character if the profile meets my standards rather than just the same old same old.

7Grey Background Empty Re: Grey Background 27/03/14, 07:45 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Well if we're changing colour schemes I'd need to change up almost everything possibly even the top logo if it doesn't fit with the lighter colour.

How about this, find me a new background, and pick out a colour scheme for the category bars, and the basic forum background. So far a lot of people have liked the colour scheme/layout, but I don't like seeing anybody irked so I'll take it into account.

Just find me a colour you'd think would go better, since I have other matters to focus on instead. After that I might open up a poll or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum