1Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Cold Tolerant (Trait) 08/09/16, 08:27 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Trait Name: Cold Tolerant
Trait Tier: D
Trait Requirement: Long Term Exposure to Cold Regions
Trait Description: Those who have experience the freezing cold for much of their lifetime tend to build up strong tolerances to it, though they tend to be more uncomfortable in hot climates.
Trait Effect: Cold Tolerance gives resistance to Ice/Cold effects of D tier. Decreasing the length of time that higher rank effects last on the traitee by a post.

Last edited by Vodarara on 27/12/16, 05:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 08/09/16, 06:47 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Are you sure you wish to spend trait points on something like this? Currently it's really only flavor text. At least add some resistance to frostbite damage or something.

3Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 08/09/16, 07:08 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro wrote:Are you sure you wish to spend trait points on something like this? Currently it's really only flavor text. At least add some resistance to frostbite damage or something.

What would you suggest as the resistance level i didn't want to step to heavily on the toes on the Imu race.

4Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 08/09/16, 09:02 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The trait is only D-tier, so a D-tier resistance is fitting. But you could also take it in another direction instead such as reducing the duration of a "frozen" status effect by 1 post. Feel free to get creative, I just think having some kind of functional effect that makes a difference in dangerous situations would be more useful.

5Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 09:26 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I have made an edit to the top post as per your suggestion, your opinion ?

6Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 01:15 pm

SolomonxKing

SolomonxKing
A-Tier
A-Tier

I know this isn't a opinion thing however, is this trait not almost the same as one of the effects in the Imuchakk Physiology? I have put the trait below and bolded.

Imuchakk Physiology:

7Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 02:27 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Solomon:

Yes but it wouldn't prevent him from being able to use something similar as a trait. :o

@Voda:

I think what Duquin meant by his latest grading (since I also had a problem with something like this) is that you should only be resisting D tier cold damage and effects. Instead of resisting damage by one tier.

8Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 02:49 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I was thinking if we have any events that have a constant cold effect thats above D tier then shouldn't it still bring it down ?

9Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 03:16 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

If it's a damaging cold effect that's D tier per tick or something it would block it completely. But like I said-- I'm pretty sure Duquin meant for it to only block / resist D tier damage / effects until you upgrade it to a higher tier trait.

So for instance it can resist D tier damage right now as a D tier trait. If you upgraded it to a C tier trait-- you would resist C tier damage and lower. Eventually leading up to almost complete immunity if you wanted to upgrade it to an A tier trait. Only Omega tier cold damage / effects would damage you.

Oh, I forgot-- so quick edit-- you could probably add to the trait that you can resist cold / freezing effects on abilities for one post or something like that. If that's what you're looking for. So if I casted an ability that would freeze your limb and it lasted for two posts-- you could decrease it by one post or resist the freezing for one post before it activates.

10Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 05:03 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Cold/Frost effects don't have tiers applied to them. You can reduce the duration of them by 1 post as suggested by Diana though.

11Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 05:47 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

made some edits.

12Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 27/12/16, 06:32 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

You aren't listening T.T

I've edited it for you, bump if this is ok:

Trait Name: Cold Tolerant
Trait Tier: D
Trait Requirement: Long Term Exposure to Cold Regions
Trait Description: Those who have experience the freezing cold for much of their lifetime tend to build up strong tolerances to it, though they tend to be more uncomfortable in hot climates.
Trait Effect: Cold based status effects such as freezing have their durations reduced by 1 post. If the effect duration is only one post then the effect lasts only for an instant before breaking or fading.

Code:
[b]Trait Name:[/b] Cold Tolerant
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] D
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Long Term Exposure to Cold Regions
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Those who have experience the freezing cold for much of their lifetime tend to build up strong tolerances to it, though they tend to be more uncomfortable in hot climates.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] Cold based status effects such as freezing or slowing via frost or cooled blood have their durations reduced by 1 post. If the effect duration is only one post then the effect lasts only for an instant before breaking or fading.

13Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 28/12/16, 04:47 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sounds solid ill go with your suggestion.

14Cold Tolerant (Trait) Empty Re: Cold Tolerant (Trait) 28/12/16, 06:47 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved

Code:
[b]Trait Name:[/b] Cold Tolerant
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] D
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Long Term Exposure to Cold Regions
[b]Trait Description:[/b] Those who have experience the freezing cold for much of their lifetime tend to build up strong tolerances to it, though they tend to be more uncomfortable in hot climates.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] Cold based status effects such as freezing or slowing via frost or cooled blood have their durations reduced by 1 post. If the effect duration is only one post then the effect lasts only for an instant before breaking or fading.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum