Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

Old Reapproval:
Profession for reapproval

Secondary Profession
Profession Title: Hypnotist
Description: A Hypnotist uses a variety of tools such as suggestion, subliminal messages, meditation, loaded words, etc. to induce hypnotic states in susceptible subjects.
Profession Perks:

• Trance- Natalia can use hypnosis on herself allowing her to temporarily enter a state of hyper-astuteness. While she is in this state she can consume and process information at accelerated speeds depending on her skill. Dedicated word count per use depending on level required for activation. The trance cannot be entered in normal combat and is immediately broken as soon as she is involved in a conflict.
    Perk levels:

• Power of Suggestion- Natalia can hold dedicated sessions to hypnotize susceptible individuals. This can occur above or at the subliminal level. The extent she is able to affect said individuals depends on a multitude of factors such as time, the number of individuals, their mental “rhythms”, their desires and her skill. Successfully hypnotized individuals are able to separate themselves from their preconceived notions and better focus on their current actions allowing them perform at peak efficiency in the current situation, helping them accomplish feasible goals easier.(Allows for D-tier NPCs and willing PCs to be hypnotized through staff approved jobs/chains. Cannot be used in non-dedicated threads, job tier and or chain length varies depending on what is trying to be accomplished and staff regulations.)      

Last edited by WornDogma on 07/01/17, 09:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Triple Threat:

What would people call you IC for this profession? Triple Threat isn't really the name of a job.

All the effects are fine but they should require word counts which must be met when you want to use them.

Keep in mind that players will be immune to your performances if they have the right personality dislikes, traits, or profession perks. Someone who hates singing might ignore you for example.

Hypnotist:
There will need to be limitations to nerf these kinds of perks.
1. They only work on D-tier NPCs normally. But if a player is willing to be affected for plot reasons, it will be allowed.
2. You can't force people to do things they seriously wouldn't want to do. No programming flower girls into killing machines.
3. Meet a 250 word count for each use of the perks.
4. Use this for plot. Don't bring it into combat unless it is serving plot purposes. Don't expect to put dungeon beasts into trances.

Very Happy

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

Words counts added and named changed for primary profession. I went with 500 words as a catch all as the while the perks get better as Natalia's skill increases, they are the same perks so the benfits would be included.With that in mind I went that word count since it seems about right for what the profession can do at full profeciency and if I want to use the lower levels I just RP that level was the intended effect.

Hypnotist word count added.

Word wall ahead

Thats why I added susceptible and average. I don't think I should be able to jedi mind trick finger wave a Bartender into trying to murder a guard no matter how good I am at hypnotism. Mid battle hypnotism is also out of the question.I was also thinking that any big changes to a person using hypnotism would have to take an extended period of time of continued hypnotism for it to work.

This is where I have to argue for my hypnotism though. The thing with it is that it works on anyone regardless of rank or status(with a human mind atleast) kinda.... the main thing with it is that you can't actually force people to do what they don't want to do. So I can't just walk up to anyone and make them do something out of character unless they are extremely weak willed in which case you could do that without hypnotism.Also for any major changes it is not instant. I could not hypnotize someone into selling all their property and becoming a clown in one session unless again they were EXTREMELY susceptible or weak willed.

I would like to say I could "program" a flower girl into a killing machine if there were hints of it already and with repeated sessions by gradually changing what she "wants" or rather what she cares about.

EX: innocent flower girl one: geniunely cares about all life and has personal deep seated hatred of violence and fond memories attached to the life style she is living. Unless her entire world view changes I can't hypnotize her into a war machine.

EX: "Innocent" flower girl two: only cares about her image to other people as she feels it the only way for her to make it in society and as apathic to the plights of people on a hidden emotional level.Is only averse to violence because it is seen as bad by society, Wishes she could she was more powerful deep inside. This flower girl could be turned into a killing machine in a month's time with a hypnotist maybe even three days with one with legendary skills by pushing others "wants" of hers to the surface(being "powerful") a good image of the the prevailing ones (maintaining her good image) and redefining what a good image and power mean to her.

Ex:  Innocent flower girl: has reached a step below true zen, is one the calmest people you'll see in your lifetime. A hypnotist could not influence this girl in anyway because she has achieved everything she desires mentally and as such has her wants and personality right were she wants them. Any effect would come from the flowers girls decison with or without the hypnotist being there.

I think I should be able to "program" anyone but only if the keys are there for an action that makes sense.

Using the Contracter as an example,I would not be able to turn him "good" unless deep down he wanted to become a good person and there has been extended contact where hypnotism could occur.

I can not just make him give more attention or hate something with out hints of that being within him first.

The most I should be able to do to him no matter the rank of the profession with one minute of contact and his current personality (to my knowledge) is if his was goal was to cause  any type of chaos to one random area with no important targets is attacking the guy in red first rather than the guy in blue or something along does lines.

Country rulers and and similarly human high-tier NPC would be the same, I could affect them but not to any crazy degree because logically at that tier you've been through a lot and are pretty confident in your current views so if they didn't want to invade someone or support someone before I can't do anything about that unless deep down they actually want to.In the case there was a high-tier npc with many of doubts about what they do or hidden desires then I would argue that I could alter them with hypnotism pretty heavily but then there are logical limititations.With hypnotism alone Asaik (if thats how you spell her name) would have no reason to become deathly afraid of cats unless prior to that their had been associations in her mind between cats and disgrace,humilation, death and etc.

Then the big reason I feel like all this is fine is susceptibity, even if I wanted to force this on another player with how hypnotism works I could not do it.. If a RP character  doesn't want to be hypnotized all they have to do RP any reason they are not susceptible at that moment or in general.It can anything like Natalia's  eyelash seems out of place and that took their mind of the process and boom that hypnotism didn't work. If you agreed to be hypnotized and don't like the situations where it's effects would pop up RP A small thing in your character's mind,enviroment,or rukh thats preventing it from working.

The same logic applies to NPC's as well regardless of rank Even if the npc by all other accounts should be affected by the hypnotism.Staff forgot that this was one of the perks and needs the NPC unhypnotized for this event, just say they there is a coin in his pocket and the specific feeling of it is preventing him from being affected as hypnotism can be that fickle in actuality.

The short version is you won't have to worry about hypnotism being overpowering as it  heavily plot focused and a single use within a post directly focused on benifiting  Natalia's would basically be around the usefulness of getting a free drink from a slighty obsitinate bartender or maybe getting a key from a guard who doesn't care about his job.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Performing Artist:
Different tier effects need different word counts. 500 is like C-tier level.

Hypnotist:
I'm typing one handed. Not dealing with this BS in full. In short, you made a lot of assumptions. Nothing about my grading changes. Edit in ALL the limitations.

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

Edited in your Limitations and added tier-based word counts.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

It seems as if you have obeyed Yaku-sama's demands.
A wise choice.

HALF
Natalia's new profession and  resubmit FLjmzPs

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Natalia's new profession and  resubmit Approval_zpsoloj6ntd

Approved, add to vault

Code:

[center][u][b]Primary Profession[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Related Specialization:[/b] Body Manipulator
[b]Profession Title:[/b] Performing Artist
[b]Description:[/b] Singing,dancing,and acting are respectable professions but being proficient in all three leads to new options as a performer.While not any more skilled than the average man at creating songs,routines,and plays their aptitude at the actual performing of the arts is a helpful boon to realizing any creator's vision
[b]Profession Perks:[/b]
[list]
[*]Moving Dancer-Natalia's dances can cause the average person to feel any specific emotion out of a whole range of feelings depending on her skill.Dedicated word count required for activation per use depending on perk level.[spoiler="Perk levels"]D-tier:Dance moves are perfectly executed.(250 words)
C-tier:Dances can make the audience feel weak emotions.(500 words)
B-tier:Dances can make the audience feel moderate emotions.(750 words)
A-tier:Dances can make the audience feel strong and complex emotions.(1000 words)
Ω-tier:Regardless of what the audience feels Natalia's movements while dancing are captivating.(1250 words)[/spoiler]

[*]Voice Control-Natalia's modal register has an expanded range allowing her to talk and sing in a variety of tones and tempos with ease depending on her skill.Dedicated word count required for activation per use depending on perk level.[spoiler="Perk levels"]D-tier:Natalia's singing is smooth and in tone.(250 words)
C-tier:Can talk and sing in all notes from C-B starting in the first octave and and ending at the tail of the sixth octave.(500 words)
B-tier:Can talk and sing anywhere from three times slower to three times faster than the average person.(750 words)
A-tier:Can easily change tone to compensate for echo and acoustics.(1000 words)
Ω-tier:Anything sung or hummed in Natalia's natural voice sounds amazing.(1250 words)[/spoiler]

[*]Convincing Actor- Through an increased awareness of her self and others, Natalia is able to put on convincing acts depending on her skill.Dedicated word count required for activation per use depending on perk level. [spoiler="Perk levels"]D-tier:Can convincingly emulate any emotion.(250 words)
C-tier:Can speak the "part" perfectly and and control the meaning her words convey.(500 words)
B-tier: Natalia can finely control her body language to support what she is acting.(750 words)
A-tier: Is still convincing with mild evidence pointing to it being an act.(1000 words)
Ω-tier:Her rukh/the rukh around her goes along with what she is acting.(can not fool anyone into thinking it is white or black rukh on its own.) (1250 words)
[/spoiler]
[/list]

Since what marks a better performing artist is a variety of factors and I think it makes more sense for a "C-tier" voice and such to be notably less developed than an "A-tier" one. I put the perk levels in spoilers for capability progression as Natalia gets better. If you feel they are not within the concept of what a perk should be feel free to change them or scrap them all together.

Profession for reapproval

[center][u][b]Secondary Profession [/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title: Hypnotist [/b]
[b]Description:[/b] A Hypnotist uses a variety of tools such as suggestion, subliminal messages, meditation, loaded words, etc. to induce hypnotic states in susceptible subjects.
[list]
[*][b]Trance[/b]- Natalia can use hypnosis on herself and susceptible individuals to add various “states” to their psyche. If the hypnosis is successful she can limit the activation and deactivation of these states with various triggers.Dedicated word count of 250 words per use required for activation.Only works on D-tier NPCs normally.Can not force people to do things they seriously wouldn't want to do.Plot-Based

[*][b]Power of Suggestion[/b]- Natalia can reinforce,discourage,remove and add various behaviors in herself and susceptible individuals. This can occur above or at the subliminal level.Dedicated word count of 250 words per use required for activation.Only works on D-tier NPCs normally.Can not force people to do things they seriously wouldn't want to do.Plot-Based  
[/list]

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

Bumping for second look at hypnotist after editing and showing Duquin many moons ago. (should I have made a new post for this?)

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think the "hypnotist" part is just fine but I'm not quite understanding "trance"..?

B-tier: Can perfectly remember a sequence of information with 21 “units” by the unit after one exposure. (750 words)

What does this mean exactly? What kind of information? I'm not sure I can gather what a "unit" is supposed to be. o _o

A-tier: Can create a precise mental breakdown of what is happening in a situation, which core concepts she understands, in real time. (1000 words)

This is worded a bit weird for me. Could you elaborate exactly what this does? I get she can breakdown what's happening in a situation but couldn't a normal (presumably someone with average to above average intelligence) person do that? What makes this so unique?

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

The B-tier perk level of trance is a bit tricky to explain over text but I'll try to communicate it properly: In psychology there is a "rule" related to memory known as 7 plus or minus two which references how many seperate pieces of information or "units" a person can hold in their short-term memory (also known as working memory) Interactive example incoming:

looking at a combinations of letters such as
:IREALLYLIKESPICYAPPLEPIE:
the average person can only hold around seven units of singular information in short term memory. So if you asked someone to the remember the letters in sequence after showing them for a few seconds they would be  be able to recite

:I-R-E-A-L-L-Y:
while with the perk activated Natalia would be able to recall 21 letters leaving only PIE blank in her memory.

Bonus spoiler:

A-tier Trance may be better served by an example and as such, I'll use a water balloon being heated until the water boils and burst the balloon.(lets pretend the baloon only transfers heat to the water and does not get hotter than room temperature)

Individuals with some understanding of boiling and the strength of latex could tell you that balloon will burst because it could not withstand the pressure of the expanding gas. Unless they are an expert, they could not give you an accurate estimate of the time it would take to pop, blast radius of burst,and how much person would be burned in said radius,etc.

Natalia would be able to do all this provided she was mildy familiar with the heat source , conditions of the of the area and any materials involved as she would be getting the full "play-by-play' of the balloon in its current state

An example of where it would fail is if someone used sound magic to burst the balloon(unless Natalia gets the chance to learn the workings of sound magic for hours on end someday).

With this perks active it would look like the balloon vibrated with no rhyme or reason until it burst since very few people work with sound close enough to know how it effects the compression of water and how that would create stres on latex.

I hope that helps  Sad

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Code:
[center][u][b]Secondary Profession [/b][/u][/center]
[b]Profession Title: Hypnotist [/b]
[b]Description:[/b] A Hypnotist uses a variety of tools such as suggestion, subliminal messages, meditation, loaded words, etc. to induce hypnotic states in susceptible subjects.
[list]
[*][b]Trance[/b]- Natalia can use hypnosis on herself allowing her to temporarily enter a state of hyper-astuteness. While she is in this state she can consume and process information at accelerated speeds depending on her skill. Dedicated word count per use depending on level required for activation. The trance cannot be entered in normal combat and is immediately broken as soon as she is involved in a conflict.
[spoiler="Perk levels"] D-tier: Can fully read and understand text the size of a novel in 30 minutes.(250 words)
      C-tier:  Can form mildly detailed mental image of a scene in a single viewing.(500 words)
      B-tier: Can perfectly remember a sequence of information with 21 “units” by the unit after one exposure. (750 words)
      A-tier: Can create a precise mental breakdown of what is happening in a situation, which core concepts she understands, in real time. (1000 words)
      Ω-tier: Can fully understand a two year daily report on a phenomena in a day.(1250 words) [/spoiler]

[*][b]Power of Suggestion[/b]- Natalia can hold dedicated sessions to hypnotize susceptible individuals. This can occur above or at the subliminal level. The extent she is able to affect said individuals depends on a multitude of factors such as time, the number of individuals, their mental “rhythms”, their desires and her skill. Successfully hypnotized individuals are able to separate themselves from their preconceived notions and better focus on their current actions allowing them perform at peak efficiency in the current situation, helping them accomplish feasible goals easier.(Allows for D-tier NPCs and willing PCs to be hypnotized through staff approved jobs/chains. Cannot be used in non-dedicated threads, job tier and or chain length varies depending on what is trying to be accomplished and staff regulations.)     
[/list]

Approved! I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It's actually pretty neat though. :3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum