Zadi vs. Polliver [Match]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] Empty Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] 02/12/15, 10:24 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Opponent:

Once again Zadi enters the Coliseum for whatever reason that Zadi chooses. He may not believe it himself, but he enters the Coliseum not for the practice of the overcoming of trauma yet for the thrill of the brawl! Rather abnormal for a magician to love battle inside a Coliseum that seems to promote melee combat, more or less, but the thrill of such fighting gets Zadi's blood pumping harder. Though, getting smacked around left and right isn't too much fun which is why Zadi is still attempting to perfect his style down to the non-existent hair on his chin.

Zadi decided that he'd finally share his real name, for whatever reason, which means that he hasn't been completely honest with his name up to this point in time. His latest two matches, Mardowlin and Zai, Zadi has been going under the alias "Pinkie". The alias derives from the previous color of his kimono while also trying to keep away any suspicion that Zadi is indeed the "Pink" that "Apollo" mentioned. It may not the greatest change in alias, but it doesn't matter at this point seeing as Zadi introduced himself anew as;

"Zadi the Black Mage has entered the arena! I'm feelin' like hot shit right now! How about YOU, audience!?"

Surprisingly enough, the audience didn't cheer. They instead jeered at the sight and sound of Zadi. Many have lost bets out of Zadi's favor due to his previous opponents being experienced fighters yet losing through, what looked to be, sheer chance. Even though Zadi has won both times in a row, nobody knows what to bet when Zadi enters the arena creating a bad reputation for him in the process as a wildcard. One minute he's the rookie that got lucky. The next he's some unexpected winner that gains all the 'glory' in the match. All in all, Zadi is not all that welcome within the arena at the moment. In fact, Zadi is very close to getting banned for being such a wildcard. Fortunately for Zadi, he was able to convince his way into this next match and maybe even those afterwards, on one condition; he loses against the Coliseum favorite Polliver.

The condition seemed rather unfair to Zadi, but he took it anyway and decided to win as hard as he could. Zadi did not want to be banned from the Coliseum as a fighter though he also didn't want to lose any matches. Losing hurts, literally in this case. Therefore, Zadi will try to win the favor of the audience while also getting Polliver to 'sponsor' Zadi as a fighter, one way or another. If the Coliseum favorite suggests that Zadi stays, then the audience will likely start liking Zadi and therefore basically force the Coliseum to halt Zadi's ban, maybe even entirely.

Anyway, Polliver now entered the arena and the crowd went wild! Obviously being the 'Coliseum favorite' isn't just a phrase thrown around for just anyone. Polliver even looked like the hero of an epic story. He smiled as he entered and greeted everyone with a jovial, "Hello Reim!" while swinging his great-sword with ease, pointing the sword at crazy fans looking to get a sample of Polliver's blood for a twisted hobby. Zadi got a feeling that convincing such a chivalrous figure could be rather...tough.

554/800

2Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] Empty Re: Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] 03/12/15, 10:43 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi and Polliver have both entered the Coliseum and introduced themselves. Polliver wants to give the audience an entertaining win while Zadi wants to convince Polliver to convince the audience that Zadi deserves to stay in the Coliseum. Two relatively strange goals, one more so than the other. Polliver's wins count high and wide while Zadi's count low and slow, if that makes any sense. Zadi is the audience's least favorite fighter in this match while Polliver is the Coliseum favorite, through and through.

Anyway, the match begins with Polliver trying to basic strike Zadi with his massive sword. However, it was a fairly telegraphed attack and Zadi dodged it with ease. Polliver followed up with another basic strike, horizontally instead of the previous vertically. Dodged again, but only by a hair. Zadi began to assume that these attacks were all just for show rather than legitimate fighting. So far they were telegraphed and basic in nature. Nothing fancy or stamina consuming. However, that all changed when Polliver spoke while continuing to strike and miss, repeatedly, pushing Zadi closer and closer to the edges of the Coliseum;

"You're not going to fight back? Afraid I'll strike you while you try to cast your magic spells? Come on Zadi the Black Mage! Fight me with all you've got!"

The audience wildly cheered for Polliver, unsurprisingly enough. Zadi didn't quite have a solid idea of how to win over Polliver's favor just yet, but he had to do something before Zadi became a living dummy for the audience's amusement, "Afraid? Hahaha! If you can't hit me while I'm not using magic, imagine how unfavorable this match could be towards you! Am I right or what?" The audience kept shouting Polliver's name, trusting that Polliver would undoubtedly win this duel. Therefore, Zadi had only one choice, and that was to fight back and attempt to keep Polliver conscious throughout. What would happen after is still a mystery to Zadi.

Polliver and Zadi danced on the battlefield. Polliver struck and Zadi dodged until finally Zadi decided to try and hit back with Shield Slap. Polliver easily dodged with an unnecessary back-flip which confused Zadi. Zadi would have barely grazed Polliver with Shield Slap due to their distance, but Polliver made an entire back-flip for such a flimsy strike. However, all was made clear when Polliver landed on the back-flip and then shot over Zadi as if he was flying. While soaring above Zadi with another flip, forward this time, he shouted, "Fiery Rain!" and shot several flaming arrows around Zadi in a circle, basically trapping Zadi in a flashy way.

Zadi became rather annoyed that someone would go through all that trouble to try and put on a show and make a fool out of the black magician. However, he let it slide for Polliver needed to be an ally in the end. Therefore, Zadi pretended to be trapped and shouted at Polliver, "Sneaky bastard! I'll get out of here, just you wait!"

Obviously Zadi would only pretend for a second as he activated Gravity Lift, Stage 2 and lifted himself out of the circle of flaming arrows. Unfortunately for Zadi, this is exactly what Polliver expected of Zadi which means that Polliver didn't sit idle as Zadi attempted to float out of the circle of fire. "Wicked Death!"[b] yelled Polliver as his sword struck Zadi's abdomen, hard. There wasn't an actual cutting motion, but a slashing wound was sustained all the same as Zadi was hurled out of the air and onto the ground a few meters from Polliver.

Polliver's strike was flashy and successful. A truly masterful show it seemed. The audience screamed and shouted for Polliver's victory. However, little did the audience know that Zadi took the hit on purpose and flung himself backwards using [b]Gravity Lift
such that Polliver's sword wouldn't completely bisect his abdomen while also allowing for Polliver to be extra flashy. Polliver seemed to notice, too;

"It seems your borg was not strong enough to withstand my mighty blow! What now magician? If you give up now, I promise you a swift recovery as I do all my opponents!"

Zadi pealed himself from the ground and stood on his own two feet, wand in left hand while sword in the other. Zadi's shield rested on the ground behind the magician. Standing, Zadi yelled, "Is that all you've got, Polliver?" This seemed to promote a slight smile from Polliver for whatever reason. Even Polliver didn't quite know why he was smiling just a tad.

270 magoi/stamina

Tech(s):

800+/800 NOT DONE YET!

3Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] Empty Re: Zadi vs. Polliver [Match] 04/12/15, 05:48 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Standing shaken yet tall, Zadi help his sword in his left with his wand in his right hand. Zadi had finally created a plan to stay within the Coliseum via a Polliver alliance of sorts. Difficult as it may be, Zadi was at the very least determined to pull it off, if nothing else.

"So, your still determined to fight in this arena, eh? If nothing else, you are indeed a worthy fighter within this arena. However, I cannot let you defeat me!"

Surprisingly enough, Zadi seemed to have already gained some favor with Polliver. Unfortunately, the audience became a little more quiet, yet remained loud all the same. Perhaps those that have made bets involving Zadi's last two matches didn't like the idea that Zadi was called 'worthy' by the Coliseum favorite. However, the minimal amount of silence among the roaring fans indicated that most of the audience simply cheered for Polliver and didn't make bets involving Zadi, meaning they didn't care if Zadi stayed of left the Coliseum. Better than the whole audience hating Zadi as he once thought. That meant that Polliver just needed to be persuaded to plea for Zadi's case against the managers of the Coliseum that want Zadi banned. Change of plans as Zadi will now defeat Polliver, win the match, heal Polliver and have Polliver plea for Zadi's case. Though simple doesn't always mean easy. Zadi still had to win the match against Polliver, basically the champion of this Coliseum.

"Furious Speed!"

Polliver did another one of his flashy phrases and charged for Zadi at high speeds. Zadi would use his borg this time to defend against Polliver's basic strike with the great-sword, destroying the borg completely. However, Zadi didn't let that phase him. In fact, one could say that he's practiced his reaction when his borg was shattered, what with all the times it has been shattered. His calm reaction allowed Zadi to sneak in a Sneaky Crab Pinch during a Rush past Polliver. The combination of magic and physical feats allowed Zadi to strike Polliver in his left leg, stopping any quick movements that Polliver could ever try and make.

"Ack! How did you-!?"

"I'm not done yet...LICK!"

Turned around, licked Polliver's blood off Rukh Slayer, and activated Fear, staring at the unsuspecting Polliver's eyes which gazed right back, triggering the major effects of the fearsome Clairvoyance spell. Polliver still had his weapon gripped with one knee to the ground. With Fear in activation, Polliver continuously saw Zadi killing him, one way or another. It seemed as though the fear of death was the only true fear that Polliver possessed that trumped all other fears, even those of his father's death. Nobody wants to die after all.

"Alright, I think you've had enough Fear for one day, Polliver. Snap out of it."

Zadi deactivated Fear, allowing consciousness to take hold of Polliver, though still rather dazed. This allowed Zadi to damage Polliver with Savage Ruby's power boosting abilities, though only at B-tier power using a kick that knocked Polliver on his back. Polliver was now out of breath and unable to continue fighting. He realized this and admitted defeat in front of the entire audience;

"You win, Zadi the Black Mage! You have triumphed against me, Polliver! You truly seem to belong within this Coliseum! COUGH COUGH!"

The audience was silent for a moment before both cheering a jeering for the outcome of the match. Some seemed to be swayed by Zadi's methods while others loyally cheered for Polliver. Not only that, when Zadi fully healed Polliver using the Spriggan's Call ability Nature's Focused Healing, the audience shifted to an almost unanimous favoring of Zadi and Polliver as a whole, chanting both their names repeatedly. Eventually, even the Coliseum organizers fell in favor of Zadi and allowed him to stay within the Coliseum as a fighter.

170 magoi/stamina
Borg Destroyed

Tech(s):

800+/800

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum