You are not connected. Please login or register

Guarding the Upper Class [Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guarding the Upper Class [Job] Empty Guarding the Upper Class [Job] 24/10/15, 06:27 pm

Kirby

Kirby
D-Tier
D-Tier

Assignment details:

Kirby stood staring at the job board, considering the options available. Huh. Another caravan protection job... There looks to be some hunt and gather jobs as well... But I need something of more substance. Something that will guide my steps in the right direction... Towards my dreams. Kirby tapped his chin a few times as he continued looking about the various jobs available before he came across one which was requesting bodyguards for an upper-class family. This... Looks like it should be good. As a mercenary troop, I will need to have some experience with all sorts of clients... The job itself seemed somewhat straightforward and easy; body-guarding. It seemed that this family was looking to increase the number of personal guards they had, and their mansion was located in the upper society's district.

Before he could do that, however, he knew he would have to ask around about the client. It was never a wise idea to take on a job without any information about the client. Kirby took down the name of the request givers and began asking around town, mostly taverns and some trader locations. After speaking to some jewelers who were moving their goods up to Reim to sell, Kirby sat down considering what he had learned from all of the rumors. A family that's on the down side of favor... Doesn't seem to be as rich as it once was, and it looks like they've got reason to worry about attacks. This won't be an easy job... But maybe it will be worth it. Kirby left at once to accept the request.

OOC:

Took place approximately 16-18 years ago from forum's current timeline.

Word count: 268/500

Kirby

Kirby
D-Tier
D-Tier

Kirby stood guard at the entrance of a room. Boredom. For the first week there had been nothing of note that occurred. He sent a glance over to the rather large man that was to his left, humming a happy tune. He called himself Blackhammer, and although he had a darker complexion it was his rather large warhammer that likely earned him the nickname. The man stood at almost two meters in height, heavyset in a way that almost reminded Kirby of a hippo. The man's arms conveyed his strength, however, as they were incredibly thick and muscular. They would have to be, for a human, in order to swing a hammer like the one he had. Work is work... Kirby redoubled his effort to remain vigilant for the remainder of his shift, focusing on the hallways and the coming and going of servants, guards and the masters of the household.

The client's wife, Amenset, was not within the room at the time. Even so, they were charged with guarding it to keep people from entering and preparing something foul. By the end of the day, their replacements came. Before taking over the shift, the guards had to go through a verification process; shake hands, with the replacement guard squeezing three times and the on duty guard squeezing twice in a specific order. This ensured that even if somebody was disguised, without knowing the order they would reveal themselves as an outsider. They believe Magicians will be sent against them... I hope not. Sounds troublesome. Kirby carefully shook hands with the other man, confirming his validity and started making his way down the hall.

"Hey, Kirby. Do ya think it's going to be a girl, or a boy?" Blackhammer caught up to him, asking him the question in an excited manner. Kirby didn't quite understand this fellow; though Blackhammer was a mercenary, he accepted this job for free. It seemed he had some sort of passion for the birth of life, and was incredibly furious when he had heard that the mother and her child would be targeted for attack during the child birthing process.

While Kirby didn't really care much for the conversation, he responded nonetheless. "Boy." He responded without reasoning behind his words. They had made it to the guard's barracks, where they sat down at a table and Blackhammer pulled out a deck of cards.

"Hmmm, you really think so? I'm pretty certain it will be a girl." While shuffling the cards, Blackhammer began to talk about the various old wive's tales surrounding the influencing of a child's gender during pregnancy. A couple other mercenaries sat down at the table, and they discussed what they thought while playing a game of Tonk.

What have I gotten myself into? Kirby thought, wryly to himself. They played well into the morning, staying up late into the night. Soon, the guards would switch rotations and both Kirby and Blackhammer would be working the night shift...

OOC:

774/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum