You are not connected. Please login or register

General Illusion Perception

+2
Farid Issah
Zadi
6 posters

General illusions can't be passivly perceived.

General Illusion Perception Votepi1067%General Illusion Perception Votepi10 67% [ 4 ]
General Illusion Perception Votepi1033%General Illusion Perception Votepi10 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1General Illusion Perception Empty General Illusion Perception 02/10/15, 11:30 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Magicians are rather famous amongst each other and the general public as being 'immune to illusions', no matter how grand that illusion may be. Very frustrating in my opinion, even being a magician myself.

I think at least a handful of magicians can agree with me that general illusions (color changing, face changing, perception alteration, etc.) are useless on this site. Therefore, I propose this poll in order to propose the suggestion;

We shouldn't let general illusions be passively perceived.

Honestly...I don't have a politer or more detailed reasoning behind this suggestion because I didn't 100% come up with it. Nag me all you want, that's what this thread is for, more or less. Don't forget to vote!

2General Illusion Perception Empty Re: General Illusion Perception 03/10/15, 12:08 am

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

I feel illusions and stealth should be reworked in general. Maybe make it like a status ailment?

I mean an omega tier illusion seems like a waste at this point. And another omega tier can passively detect it with light or sound magic at the moment. Also it will last 2 rounds...? What's the point?

Make it a status effect. Maybe Omega tier illusions cause a 'deceived' status effect. Omega tier illusions lasting a whole thread, but limited by scale, or range depending on the ability if it's AOE or targetted. Also, magicians shouldn't just automatically perceive them, but perhaps illusion magician would be able to reduce the effect of the ailment by 2 tier, and regular magicians by one.

3General Illusion Perception Empty Re: General Illusion Perception 03/10/15, 12:15 am

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Canon example of a "high-level magician" being unable to immediately recognize an illusion:

http://www.mangapanda.com/magi/154/13

But I understand why they can potentially be seen through from a balance standpoint. I feel that a passive detection is a bit OP but I'll refrain from voting for now because I'm on the fence as to what the standards for detection should actually be. Perhaps someone else will make an argument to sway my opinion.

As for the idea of having a "Deceived" status ailment, I don't really like that. It's too much "Game" in my "Role Play" if that makes sense.

4General Illusion Perception Empty Re: General Illusion Perception 04/10/15, 01:48 pm

Eve Will

Eve Will
β-Tier
β-Tier

Well : Currently i feel illusion needs its own system similar to Dom. [As far as seeling it] throwing out a ruff idea, someone smart can fine tune it.

Illusion Ranks.
0. Ultimat Creation: Sound+ Strength + Light+ Life [No one can tell the difference, but near impossible to create.
1. Perfect recreation: unless your experienced with Illusions or, for some other obvious reason you shouldn't know. [Eg: Created in front of your face, or someone creates the kou empire in reim].
2. Subline recreations : Veryskill recreation though its not perfect and the signs of magic can be picked up on by skilled magicians, or people with a concept knowledge of Illusion
3. Solid Illusion : Lacks one of the 3 elements, leaving something that anyone paying attention could possilbe pick up on:. a Wall that you cann walk through, a singing girl who can't speak.
4.Bare Bones. Most People will be able to pick up on these illusions though if they lack expereince only a feeling that something is off.

Rank should represent the scale of the illusion D makes a small box or something, while omega could make an entire city appear. But its the range of elements which can effect how good of an illusion it is.

Just to give an example : Doesn't matter how good you are with a keyboard, if you don't have a computer, it doesn't matter how good you are with a keyboard and mouse if you don't have a computer.

5General Illusion Perception Empty Re: General Illusion Perception 04/10/15, 02:11 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

For the most part, we (staff) would like to keep the number of rules and guidelines to a bare minimum. I see several people interested in seeing this change, but there aren't any concrete suggestions. As such, I'm going to bring this up with staff and discuss the matter until we can figure out what would be an easy/simple way of doing such a rework.

I already have an idea for it, and will discuss it with the other staff members.

6General Illusion Perception Empty Re: General Illusion Perception 07/10/15, 11:45 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

i like the illusion system as it is now... those that have EXPERiENCE in illusions are more easily able to detect illusions... a perfectly reasons thing. At Omega tier, an illusion can only be DETECTED ( as in, hey something is fishy here) by another Omega-tier illusion mage... they can't even see THROUGH it (hey, its BOB!) but know that someting isn't quite right.

Seems an awful lot like saying "i spend two months wrking on this sword technique and someone else with just as much experience in swords was able o gt a general grasp on what I was doing, wahhhhh"

If having similar experience does not make you competitive with others like you, whats they point?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum