Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Name: Environmental Studies
Job Rank: D
Job Location: Heliohapt
Job Rewards: 50 XP, 3,000 Huang
Job Overview: The local university is doing an environmental survey in the area and would like you to go out and gather notes on the wildlife and plant life. Take the provided journal and take notes for the university about what you find outside of the city. If you do a good job, you will be rewarded!

Cursing to himself, Cyrus walked out into the desert. The city was far away now, only a tiny shimmering jewel in a sea of rust coloured sand. Turning is attention to the dunes in front of him, he sighed and started walking “I guess I better get started.“  He walked around the desert trying to find some modicum of life in this godforsaken wasteland. He closed his eyes and listened to the wind maybe there will be something I can do later tonight.  He heard fluttering noises moving ever closer to him he turned and saw what looked to be a large insect he pulled out his notebook and began to sketch the creature I wonder what it its. He thought as he drew. Cyrus turned to his student guide, Memhotep. “That looks like it could kill a small child” he joked “ ”oh they do, the desert dragonfly is notorious for killing small children and the elderly its venom is quite potent” Memhotep replied a bit too nonchalantly for Cyrus’s liking “but you look like a strong lad, it should only paralyze you for a few hours a day at most.” He reassured him. “Oh joy, if I die I’m totally coming back to haunt you” replied Cyrus. “You know I’m only here cause you failed to get yourself together and hand in your first report I’m only here for the extra credit. “ Memhotep retorted “Hey, you’re getting paid too you know!“ Cyrus said forcefully “let’s just keep working there are a lot of interesting things out here.”

Night fell and the air grew cool still infinitely annoyed at himself for coming on this mission how the bloody hell did I get into this mess. The professor said that this was the only way he could lean about the environment to improve his battle strategy…also he kind of need to do this to see a passing grade for my certificate of surveying. It’s the one thing that I can show to my parents that my stay in Heliohapt was not completely useless. He knew taking classes in the morning was a stupid idea. Cyrus was never a morning person and given the chance he would rather sleep the day away than set foot outside during the daylight hours. This is why he missed his assignment and had to go surveying in real life.  He had found many creatures now, not just animals but plants too, like the desert lily, a flower that follows the sun before closing its petals for the night.  The desert owl that hovers around creatures that look like they have food that it can steal. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad experience at all.  But overall it didn’t look like there was much out of the ordinary that night so he and Memhotep returned the next day with very little to report other than the apparently usual creatures that inhabit the region.

Cyrus wrote up his report quickly and handed it in. that was not a horrible as “I though it was going to be” he thought. As he walked out of the professor’s office, he thought about exploring the desert a bit more for training purposes. He walked through the city and sat down on a bench reflecting on how good of a job he had done with the sun doing down, Cyrus lay on the bench reflecting on all the creature he found in the wilds of Heliohapt. Finally he had made some money, got a certificate and had a great experience in the process.  “This is something I can tell Mom and Dad about.” He figured  “I think they’ll like it!”

610/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum