You are not connected. Please login or register

Djinn and Ability Questions (and Suggestions)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Greyfield

Greyfield
C-Tier
C-Tier

I have some questions on abilities and Djinn.

Do djinn abilities take up spec ability slots?

How many abilities can you have at max 13 (2+4+7) or 7?

Is their a tier limit. Ex: In the case of a dark vessel user at max tier. Can they have 7 a-ranks if the chose or is it 2 up to C,2 more up to B, and 3 more up to A?

For dark extreme magic can you use it in djinn takeover or is it only in djinn equip?

Do dark household vessels stain the Rukh black or is it that most people who would follow this person would also have black rukh.

For assimilated households,what happens to them when the King's vessel loses his vessel. Can they still use all their abilties,only the Omega transformation,just the dungeon beast traits,or none at all.

Do the equips do x-tier damage or x-tier ability damage.

Do dark vessels get the 5m supplementary ability and if so is it still applied in takeover?

Can a omega tier body manipulation be a temporary body restructure that can be held for extended periods of time IC?.Not like becoming the other gender,or increasing muscle mass for fanalis speed.In my case I would like when I can put that as a social ability. It would be making the character look more like an Imuchakk and it would always result in the same apperance.Their hair would turn blue,their bone shape would become more broad,and their body fat rearranged to make them look more toned.

These next lines are just my suggestions and thoughts so feel free to ignore these if they are to radical or this isn't the place.

I think the Full djinn take over needs a little something more, Since dark vessels are more common and don't require strength of character IC,I think they should be a little to noticably less potent than a King's vessel.The form gives A-tier strength(not sure if normal or ability) which would most likely allow for mopping the floor with anything B-tier and below,fast movement(25 m/s) along with flight (20 m/s), along with all previous abilities.

It is costly however,15 magoi lost,25 stamina cost each post,B-tier damage after it ends,and a post limit.

These downsides make sense and are saintly compared to the original universe. I feel however that the benifits and downsides are a little unbalanced in risk-reward.

So my proposal is in that form, if you weren't killed instantly (assuming vitals exist in that form), you can heal A-tier damage once and one time only that has been done to that form.This would not carry over to normal form so you would still take B-tier damage. I think this evens out the unbalance and is in line with a singular dark djinn having regenerative capabilties to certain extent.

The next is a bit of a question but is do dark companion level households get an omega-tier dungeon beast transformation?

In general I think the assimilation for dark households should be slightly different in function (since there isn't exactly a dungeon or a djinn to base these on.)

I wouls suggest giving them a special title like Dark Vassal(which I will use to refer to their assimilated state.)

The vessel would lose something(for reasons like that is the nature of black households) when the household merges and gains a black symbol on that area.

They could lose things like these:
   Feeling in one or more limbs
   The use of a limb
   The ability to speak
   Sight in one or both eyes
   Hearing
   Important past memories
   The sense of self
   Sanity
   Emotions
   Anything the staff thinks appropriate.

In return they can create an A-tier  and below abilty of the vessel's element that follows the INT guidelines and is half cost but non-sustainable. They can also use all their other household abilities.

They would can register a mode (with a name like Dark Overdrive or anything better the staff can come up with) similar to the giant transformation (I've never seen that template though) that will turn them into shadow version of themselves(like Riot of blood Iori, Persona shadows,Dark Link,Lord of Nightmares Lina) with a Rising dark aura.They would gain use of what ever they lost for as long as the form lasts.This form would be similar to full djinn take over except it wouldn't remove magoi permanently.I think good benifits could something like C-tier natural ability damage,A-tier speed in one or more types of movement that aren't flying,and they abilty to nullify status effect like freezing that are B-tier and below.

A downside of the form could be that  you take C to B tier damage when it ends and you cant use your household for three posts and your cooldowns freeze until that passes.

Those are all just my suggestions and can be ignore,edited,or copied if the staff desires.

Discussion is also welcome sense I'm new here and most likely won't have perfect ideas.

Thank you all for your time.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Hello, thanks for your questions and suggestions. First, I'll be going over the responses to your questions. Just as an FYI, a few of these questions were answered in the Djinn system page.

Do djinn abilities take up spec ability slots? No, they are attached to the Metal Vessel.

How many abilities can you have at max 13 (2+4+7) or 7? and Is their a tier limit. Ex: In the case of a dark vessel user at max tier. Can they have 7 a-ranks if the chose or is it 2 up to C,2 more up to B, and 3 more up to A? As a King, you can make up to 7 abilities for your Djinn, as well as a single Extreme Magic ability. The abilities can be up to Ω-Tier, while the Extreme Magic is in a class of its own. Also, upon obtaining Djinn Equip, one gets a free A-Tier ability. The details can be found on the Djinn System page under Djinn Equip. This means that technically, you get nine abilities(7@King, 1 A-tier, 1 Extreme Magic).

Do the equips do x-tier damage or x-tier ability damage. The Weapon Equip is capable of doing C-tier ability damage. The Djinn Equip is capable of doing A-tier ability damage.

Do dark vessels get the 5m supplementary ability and if so is it still applied in takeover? Yes, they do.

Can a omega tier body manipulation be a temporary body restructure that can be held for extended periods of time IC?.Not like becoming the other gender,or increasing muscle mass for fanalis speed.In my case I would like when I can put that as a social ability. It would be making the character look more like an Imuchakk and it would always result in the same apperance.Their hair would turn blue,their bone shape would become more broad,and their body fat rearranged to make them look more toned. An Ω-tier Manipulator can make an ability of any tier that would affect their whole body. You can make social abilities that would cost no magoi, however, if you enter combat they would quit working. The IC explanation would be that you are unable to hold that 'form' while focusing in battle.

The next is a bit of a question but is do dark companion level households get an omega-tier dungeon beast transformation? Yes. At the current time there is no difference between a Dark Household Member and a regular one.

For dark extreme magic can you use it in djinn takeover or is it only in djinn equip? I believe, other staff can correct me if I'm wrong, that it can be used in both Djinn Equip and Full Djinn Takeover.

Do dark household vessels stain the Rukh black or is it that most people who would follow this person would also have black rukh. Both situations would be valid. Those with white Rukh who shared similar beliefs or goals would have their Rukh stained, while those with Black Rukh already could possibly be attracted to a Dark Metal Vessel user. As Garret would say, a person with White Rukh who joins a DMV would not only get their drivers license, but also be suspended from White Rukh and go Black Rukh.

For assimilated households,what happens to them when the King's vessel loses his vessel. Can they still use all their abilties,only the Omega transformation,just the dungeon beast traits,or none at all. Based on this, "If a King Vessel has lost and/or destroyed his or her Metal Vessel, then NO members of the Household can use their Household Abilities until it has been recovered or repaired," then they would be unable to use any of their abilities or their Ω-tier transformation. They would keep the form however, as that is permanent.

As for the suggestions, Staff will look over these, as well as any feedback from other members. So far, there has only been one Dark Metal Vessel user on the forum, so the systems regarding it haven't been used enough to determine balance. We are however open to feedback, so we'd like to see what others have to say before making a judgement.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum