You are not connected. Please login or register

Not Again [Profession - Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not Again [Profession - Solo] Empty Not Again [Profession - Solo] 12/08/15, 10:01 am

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Assignment Name: Tracking Traders, Pt I
Assignment Rank: D
Assignment Location: Plains
Assignment Rewards: 50 XP/3,000 Huang
Profession Prerequisites: Assassin/Spy
Assignment Overview: Lexiara has heard of a slave trader being spotted nearby, but she needs to confirm and formulate a plan. Spy on the alleged trader traveling on the Plains and don’t get caught!

Lexi bounced Nymeria gently to force the excess gas from the infant’s belly. The tiny girl was growing every day but was still just as quiet as she had been on her birth night. She would occasionally coo or giggle, but she still had not cried yet. The Plains had been relatively quiet as of late, which would normally be cause for celebration, but if history had taught Lexi anything, it was that this was just the calm before the storm. When Shana entered the hut with a worried look, Lexi knew she was right and the storm front was moving in.

“Traders… they were spotted not too far away. They have people with them.”

Lexi’s face hardened and her grip on her daughter tightened just a touch. Nymeria gave a small grunt of discomfort, forcing Lexi to loosen her grip on the infant and give her a small smile. Nymeria gave a small gurgle of happiness before squirming, wanting to roll around on the ground. Lexi released her, giving Nymeria a small wooden ring to gnaw on before turning to give Shana a worried look.

“I need to find out how much of a danger they are. When dark falls, I will investigate.”

Shana tried to raise her voice in objection but Lexi’s face gave no room for argument.

“I will not have us blindsided again, Shana. I will not have what remains of our people put at risk. Do not worry, I will be fine. I just want to know what we are up against and how much of a threat they might be. I will be back before dawn, I swear it.”

Shana gave a resigned nod, worriedly looking to Nymeria. Lexi gave her a small smile.

“Will you watch her for me?”

Shana nodded and Lexi began preparing for her adventure. She needed to be in route before dark fell. While Shana watched over Nymeria, Lexi gathered her bow and quiver before tucking Onyx’s knife into sheathe strapped across her thigh. While she did not intend to have to use any of it, she would not leave herself defenseless. She spared a few moments to fill her water skin and pack a few pieces of dried meat before she was off, making careful note of where the trader had last been seen. There was a chance that the trader did not deal in slaves, after all, there were bounties for bandits and criminals across the Plains, and he might simply be transporting one for the reward.

As she made her way along a small trail, clouds began to tumble across the Plains, making it seem later than it truly was. By the time she approached a camp she suspected was the traders, night had fallen and the clouds had obscured the moon, pitching the woods and rocks into complete darkness. While Fate had been cruel, for now it was working in her favor. She observed the camp from a distance, her eyes adjusted to the blackness around her. At first it appeared like he was alone, but it did not take long for her to spot a guard nearby and she made sure her steps were silent. She could not find anything that indicated the man was dealing in slaves just yet, but she would not leave until she was certain.

While the guard and the trader settled in around a fire for the night, she kept her steps light and silent as she moved closer. She avoided the light of the fire, making sure she would not cast a shadow as she approached the large wagon. By the time she came near enough to touch the wagon, she could hear soft snores from the trader and the guard was staring intently at the flames. Lexi lifted the cloth covering the back of the wagon to peek inside and her face hardened. In the back of the wagon were several children sleeping, cages built into the side of the wagon keeping them secure. Certainly these were not bandits or criminals and she did not know of anyone that would transport children like this unless it were a slaver. A rustling sound made her drop the cloth and duck around the wagon as the guard stood and began circling the camp.

As he approached the wagon, she melted back into the trees, breathing a sigh of relief as a wolf howled, drawing the guard’s attention. When he looked into the wagon, she scowled when she heard the words he grumbled out to the slumbering children.

“Do not worry, little slaves. You will join your parents soon.”

So, there it was. The man was a slave trader and he had not only children, but their parents as well. As much as she wanted to free the children now, she needed to find out where the man was taking them. If there were more slaves, she would need to find out where they were being kept before removing the man from this world. She turned back to where the tribe had settled, taking a winding route and being silent. She missed Leo, he would make this trip faster, but at least she was quieter than the large tiger. On the way, she began thinking of how to tell Shana about this to keep the woman from worrying.

[888/500]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum