You are not connected. Please login or register

Home is Where the Heart is... [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Unnamed

Unnamed
D-Tier
D-Tier

Job Details:
A few days passed since the Unnamed Imuchakk brought in two wolves to add to the collection of meat for the village. He was starting to get a handle of how things in this tribe worked. Everyone contributed to a general storage house for food and other repairs that were needed for the village. After Poseidon contributed to the village's general food storage, the other families in the tribe began to pay the man a bit more attention. He was no longer just a shadow walking through the village. He had actually shown his worth somewhat. The man's bandaged arm acted as a sort of reminder for him to not be so foolish in doing work. He would have to be a bit more careful when hunting. Especially if his prey was the monstrous Unicorn.

The man was snatched from his thoughts as another elderly man approached him. This man was surprisingly around the same height as the unnamed warrior. Well... the unnamed Imuchakk. He had still yet to be recognized as a true warrior of the nation. The elderly man coaxed the younger Imuchakk into coming to dinner with him. The two men sat in a restaurant hut as they ordered food. "So young one... My reason for bringing you here... is... we need an extra set of hands. You seem to have a very sturdy pair. Those arms of yours seem like they could pull the weight of one or two of our boys. Could I ask for your assistance and a favor from you?" The large Imuchakk blinked as he watched the man. A smile spread across the man's face and he nodded as a laugh bellowed from him.

"Of course I'll help you! Just tell me what you need. I have no qualms about assisting a village that has given me a place to stay during my time of need." The old man rejoiced momentarily. He raised his cup of ale and toasted the younger Imuchakk. "I'm glad to hear it, young one! You see, we are in need of some reconstruction! There have been a few huts that met an unfortunate fiery end. The families that these huts belonged to have been staying with others while their homes have been under reconstruction. We're starting to run low on lumber, unfortunately. We'll need you to go out and get us a bit more and then to help with rebuilding."

The unnamed Imuchakk smiled at the old man and nodded. He stood from the table and left enough money to cover the two men's lunch and left the restaurant without another word. In his mind, it was business time. The Imuchakk traveled a few leagues north, with an axe and rope, to a patch of woodland and took an axe to a few of the trees there. He spent his time chopping the tree into usable lumber and tied it all together with the rope he brought along. When it was all said and done, the Imuchakk drug the lumber back to the village.

After an afternoon of rest, the Imuchakk joined with the other volunteers of the village and began rebuilding the homes. They cleared away the charred remains of the huts that were once there and began anew, placing the lumber as a skeletal foundation and filling in what was necessary with various different resources. After a few weeks passed, there was a space left for the unnamed Imuchakk. The family that lived there originally moved on to a different tribe after their home was burned down. THe notion brough tears to the large man's eyes, but he had to decline. He explained to the chief of the tribe that he still sought to regain his position within his own tribe. The village understood and built him a cabin made of the remaining lumber. They told him that even if he left, they would continue to have a place for him should he ever return.
Word Count: 600/500

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum