You are not connected. Please login or register

Lending a Helping Hand [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

Job Details:

Another quiet day. It had been like that lately since his encounter with the cultists. He could feel that something was coming. Something that was more than likely dangerous. The magician tried to keep it out of his mind, but the possibility plagued him anyway. With a sigh, the man stood from his kitchen table and grabbed his pipe and cloak-carpet. His mother looked up from her book and gave Kaveh a worried look. She couldn't help it. Her son wasn't one who usually showed much expression. She knew it, even though he tried to show her the happiest of his personality. He wasn't attempting this time though. She saw the concern and confusion on his face.

"Kaveh...?" Kaveh's gaze left the air and slowly went to focus on his mother. He blinked a few times and then his smile returned. "I'm going to go out for a quick walk, mother. Do you want me to pick anything up while I'm out?" The blue magician looked to her son for a moment. She was silent before letting out a sigh of relief and smiling back at him. "No no. I'll be fine. If there's ever something that troubles you... You can talk to me." Kaveh nodded to his mother, acknowledging her attempt at reaching out to him before he walked out of the door to their home.

The long haired man walked down the streets of the city of Heliohapt slowly. He was a little absent minded as he thought about the things that have happened to him so far. Things had gotten so strange. He was glad that he was able to join up with the men and women of the Historical Society and that he was able to meet some magicians from Magnostadt thanks to that. He also happened to make some interesting acquaintances. Most notably, the strange swordsmen Yushin and Tenma. Unfortunately, meeting the two men opened up the weird aspect of his current life. With Tenma, he encountered a strange cult that worshipped a god that was known as Apep.

The worry began to creep back onto Kaveh's face until the sound of clanking metal filled the streets. He along with a few of the other people in the area moved closer to the buildings, allowing free passing to the men of Heliohapt's . There weren't enough of them to be considered an invading force, so the magician was a bit at ease of their appearance in the city. HOwever, the fact that they were deployed made him curious. Behind the men, there was a rather flashy dressed man. The man seemed to pick a few men out of the crowd and spoke to them. Kaveh tried to go about his business, but the man soon approached Kaveh as well. The red magician stopped for a moment as he looked the man in the eye. The strange man stopped just before Kaveh and inspected him for a moment. "Pardon me. You wouldn't have seen any suspicious looking slaves have you? They have precious jewels that were to be presented to the Pharaoh." Kaveh blinked at the man and shook his head slowly. "I have not... but I will assist you in finding them."

The oddly dressed man gave Kaveh a look that was almost as quizzical as what the man was wearing. Kaveh repaid the look with a smile and the man soon found himself smiling as well, a rather loud laugh bursting from him. "You will, will you?! Good! I'll seek you out later to see how you have done with finding these slaves! Do me proud." Kaveh raised his eyebrow as the man began to walk off. He didn't even give Kaveh a name or place to meet up with him if the magician found these slaves. Before Kaveh could call back out to him though, the man was gone. The red magician stood there silently and then sighed. Guess I should get to it.
Word Count: 660/1000

Kaveh Issa

Kaveh Issa
β-Tier
β-Tier

The next day, Kaveh walked through the streets of Heliohapt, looking for the escaped slaves that he was told about the day before. Of course they wouldn't still be in Heliohapt. Kaveh definitely would not have stayed inside of the city walls if he just escaped from slavery. Now the question was: where would he find the group of slaves now. It had been a day so they wouldn't be very close to the city walls. They did have a day's worth of travel on Kaveh, though. The idea of tracking them down and catching up to them was becoming more and more like a fantasy to him. The thought then occurred to him that he could just use his flying carpet. He was a bit surprised about how easily he could forget about his prized tool, but then instantly relieved in cases like these.

The magician pulled the magic carpet from his shoulders and fed his magoi into the tool. The material stiffened and Kaveh hopped on top of it. The magic carpet took hardly any time at all ascending and then whizzed towards the edge of teh city. Kaveh's eyes darted back and forth as the rushing wind blew all of the magician's hair behind him. Where are they? He thought to himself as he covered the western and northern walls of the city. Kaveh slowly made his way to the eastern wall of Heliohapt and a few kilometers away. Finally. A bit of success started to collect for the magician. He began to notice foot tracks in the sand, even if they seemed to only last for a few minutes until the wind blew. So close. Almost...

Kaveh continued to fly about on his flying carpet until he could see four bodies in the distance. The magician caught up to them easily and he decided to give them a warning... Kaveh pointed his wand at the men, calculating where the center of the group would be and focused his magoi there. "Flame pillar." The center of the group exploded with a large pillar of flames emerging at 10 m/s. The slaves were caught by the flames for a moment before being forced outwards. The slaves slowly moved back to their feet, their burns mostly on their arms. Kaveh slowly landed onto the sand as he looked to the slaves. "You all are escaped slaves. Come back peacefully or I will have to use excessive force."

The slaves didn't want to hear a bit of Kaveh's attempt at peaceful diplomacy. The slaves roared in frustration at the magician before rushing them. Kaveh raised his eyebrow as he noticed that the rukh surrounding the men were pitch dark as the night. Why... He thought to himself as he was somewhat confused and intrigued by the different color birds that surrounded the men. The four men closed in ready to punch the magician from different sides. Kaveh clicked his tongue and put the mouthbit of his pipe between his teeth as he kept hold of the bowl. No air. He thought to himself as a sphere of flames surrounded him, causing the four slaves to cease their attack before they were seared.

"If this is how you want to play... then so be it." Kaveh pointed his wand between two of the slaves and fired his trick ball at them. The tiny ball of fire seemed to hold no through until it reached the two slaves and expanded large enough to take out three of the slaves.  The last slave charged towards Kaveh once more in a last ditch effort to take down the magician. Kaveh's quick thinking allowed him to summon his Flame Serpent which, even though the man tried to kick at the creature, engulfed the last slave in its fiery, snake-like mouth.

Kaveh sighed as he stood over the men and gathered them together. The magician entered Heliohapt and, lo and behold, the merchant found him almost immediately. After a few words with the merchant, the older man smiled and bid Kaveh a formal decree of exit. "I will not forget this Kaveh Issa. If you are in need in the future, just let me know and I'll assist. Bahir nodded as he made his way back home. He immediately questioned his mother about the black rukh he saw surrounding the slaves and from that point, recognized the concept of falling into depravity after a rather in depth discussion between his mother and himself.
Word Counter: 1400/1000
Magoi: 140/200
Abilities Used:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum