Reliving Glory Days I/II

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reliving Glory Days I/II Empty Reliving Glory Days I/II 23/05/15, 11:10 pm

Xun Ning

Xun Ning
D-Tier
D-Tier

Xun was low on funds but even lower on moral and thus decided on a rather unfortunate decision to waste what little money she had left on low grade sake at a bar. Having been recently pulled into the Kou Empire the bar did have the good sake as well, but where as she could get just a couple glasses of the good stuff she could get a couple bottles of the cheap stuff. With a grimace she shot back the last glass of the rather unpleasant sake from the first bottle well on her way to getting tipsy when suddenly she heard a rather wise crack from an old man not to far away. It appears he was a former soldier and was enjoying a retelling of kicking some Kou soldiers asses back in the day.

Pouring herself another glass of the vile, but effective, alcoholic beverage trying to be sake Xun raised her glass to the man's story. Not caring for the fact she was clearly wearing traditional Kou Empire clothing, mostly because the silk was comfortable, nor the fact that her voice and at least the non-fanalis aspects of her appearance clearly marked her as from Kou she toasted the old warrior with a laugh. "Glad you could enjoy yourself in the war old man. Those Kou Empire thugs got what they deserved." In her tipsy state she was unaware that there was another from Kou in the bar, let alone that he was a Kou soldier. Likewise she wasn't really picking up on the hints the bartender or other patrons were trying to silently pass on.

As she started to stand up, a bit shakily, to go and join the man to better listen to his stories a fellow patron did a rather risky thing and grabbed her wrist firmly. Infuriated by this action Xun whipped around and swung her fist wide missing the patron and punching the bar top instead. Shaking out her hand Xun began cursing under her breath making sure her hand wasn't broken. Luckily for her though the pain did wonders to sober her up, at least for the moment, and she slowly started picking up on the atmosphere of the place and began looking around until she spotted the Kou soldier.

With a grimace she reached for her katana and just barely resisted the urge to un-sheath it before relaxing her hands and turning back towards the offending patron who had grabbed her. What she saw again made her instictually reach for her katana, the woman had red hair. The more Xun looked at the woman though the more she felt she was meeting another fanalis-human as the hair was to light a red for what she envisioned a full blooded fanalis would have, though by that logic her hair marked her as a full blooded fanalis.

Not trusting the woman at all, but having enough sense not to start, yet another, bar fight Xun gave the woman the cold shoulder as as she poured another glass of the sake and shot it back quick so she wouldn't have to taste it long. It was at this point the bartender started to head her way causing a groan to escape her lips as she poured another glass fully expecting to be cut off or kicked out for her displays of barely checked aggression.

[Word Count: 562/500]

2Reliving Glory Days I/II Empty Re: Reliving Glory Days I/II 29/05/15, 01:39 am

Serenity

Serenity
D-Tier
D-Tier

It wasn't every day Serenity stepped into a bar, but when she did, there was bound to be a reason. Not always to drink per say, but rather in search for information or, rarely, to enjoy the pleasures of life and sin. Sure she had been one to be taught never to drink, especially on a job, but she wasn't always one to follow the rules. Today though, she wished to simply sit back and relax her muscles after her hard day of work. She had a long day the following morning, but she felt she deserved a break. To soothe her mind and to feel the fire burn down her throat... Serenity wandered into the tavern and ventured in, her face expressionless. Her eyes wandered about and stopped on a red haired woman. A Fanalis.

Oh, the day she had chosen to walk into a bar. Not only was there a Fanalis within the midst of the occupants, but there seemed to be a silent battle within the bar. People were nervous, their eyes shifting to and fro. Whispers and mumbles could be heard yet one voice was clear. Drunken, but clear. The voice belonged to a man who seemed intent in watching a Kou soldier sitting a few tables away. He was busy telling of the war he fought in against the Kou Empire. "We beat them good, the Kou soldiers!" The man slurred. "Bunch a cowards!" "Glad you could enjoy yourself in the war old man. Those Kou Empire thugs got what they deserved." A woman's voice urged him on.

Serenity took a seat a table away from the Fanalis. The bartender appeared immediately besides her. She waved the man away and simply sat back and listened to the happenings. When the Fanalis woman began to stand up, Serenity was quick to grab the woman's arm. The spy took the woman's hand firmly, immediately causing her to stop. Serenity said nothing and was quick to notice the woman's aggression yet did not move when the Fanalis swung at her. If she had moved, the Fanalis would have had a better chance to strike a hit. After all, the coordinations of the drunk diminished greatly causing them to lose their focus and sense of direction.

Serenity sighed as a loud thud was heard of a fist hitting hard against the table. She raised an eyebrow and sat back. The Fanalis began to curse and, after mere moments, began to unsheathe her weapon. It took a while for her to notice the tension within the bar and sheathed her katana. Serenity smiled. It had all worked nicely. The Fanalis proceeded to hive her the silent treatment. Serenity didn't mind and called the bartender. She was ready for a drink. "Where you from?" Serenity asked the Fanalis out of the blue. She hoped the woman would answer.

((So sorry it sucks, but I said I'd post today and yeah. Plus I'm on my phone so meh... Forgive me!!))

3Reliving Glory Days I/II Empty Re: Reliving Glory Days I/II 10/07/15, 12:47 am

Xun Ning

Xun Ning
D-Tier
D-Tier

Xun sipped her sake with a grimace and simply drank the rest of the glass straight down. Pouring another glass she heard the old man boasting and bragging again and gave a slight smile. He was likely to piss off the Kou soldier and the thought amused her immensely even if she knew better herself, although if she was sober she probably wouldn't give a crap and join the old man in the bashing. It would be better than having a nosing Fanalis pestering her sober or not.

Pouring herself another glass Xun eyed the Fanalis woman next to her coldly as she shot the vile sake down. "That is none of your business Fanalis trash, so just keep your tongue to yourself and let me get wasted on this shitty sake in piece." Taking another shot Xun noticed she was down to just another glass or two left and sighed, before muttering to herself. "Going to have to find work soon..."

Setting the glass down Xun opted to just pour the sake from the bottle directly into her mouth. As she did so the old geezer started to get really rowdy causing the Kou soldier to start fiddling with his blades, loosening them up in his sheath. While Xun missed this the careful eyes of the bar tender didn't. Nor did his ears miss Xun's muttering, rather loudly to herself, about needing some work. As such he came over and spoke to Xun and the fanalis woman next to her. "If you two can get that old man out of here before a fight breaks out I will pay you for your efforts. I don't care how you do it just so long as it gets done."

[Word Count: 850/500]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum