Imuchakk Nation Map Design

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Imuchakk Nation Map Design 22/03/15, 07:47 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

So i didn't have that writing muse so i decided to do some drawing, i have included a rough map of the main landmasses that i imagine around imuchakk, as i wanted to sort of get everyones opinion i have included it below:

Imuchakk Nation Map Design IbT8vwi

Ive had to shrink down the image.

Rough idea that the main village aka asisiak settlement would most likely be at the deep cut in on the main landmass at its end.

I imagine water currents move up from reim and get pulled into a swirl before exiting out into the sea towards kou and magno, this would cause travel towards imu from kou's direction to be more dangerous.

The main centre i imagine to be more mountainous and having more dangerous passes etc.

Forested area's i would imagine would follow the wind and thus some of the tide meaning most would be in the west though as i assume its an icecap situated on top of a rocky structure due to it not floating around that there could be freshwater rising to the surface in areas.

2Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 24/03/15, 01:46 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

the tidal regions seem about appropriate, but forum-canon wise, Asisiak's tribe is closer to where the port is (about a 2-hour~ walk).

3Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 24/03/15, 08:49 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Imuchakk Nation Map Design ODJ73SW

1 = The main port, one of the larger imuchakk Villages.

2 = Frostburrow Caverns

3 = The fastest part of the Rampaging River

Villages are denoated by a house like shape

Trees are denoated by the tree like shape

Mountains are represented my the craggy jagged formations.

The sea bound spots are designed to represent area's of high levels of floating chunks of ice

Tree's are around area's of ice water flowing as well as were Reim's air blows in.

Any suggestions ?

4Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 28/03/15, 05:47 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Latest Map Update Details coming soon:

Map link

Imuchakk Nation Map Design 1XkpwyJ

5Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 28/03/15, 06:30 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Key:

Directional Arrows: These simulate tidal flow and the direction the sea travels, the hot air that rises from Reim for a period of the year bring easier travel from Reim than any other nation, this allows for trees to grow around the areas which have a warmer period, the flow through the fixed chain is Frozen Islands causes any fallen chunks of ice to be pulled out to sea causing it to be difficult to travel towards Imuchakk from Kou and other places due to the danger of travel.

Tree Shape: The tree shape simulate areas of forestation of a tree similar to Pine these are quick growing and resilient to the cold, though slow down and hibernate during the winters, they create a bio system around them in large numbers however.

Two Lines: Two lines next to each other simulate the Ice Roads between the major Village nodes of Imuchakk, these only give a rough idea these roads would turn randomly to avoid crevasses and the like, these are the more major roads that are the primaries for hamlet connections there would be small travel routes which would be known to those who use them, It is quite possible there may be rest stops or way points along the way.

House Shape: House Shapes simulate the major villages, these villages consist of roughly 40-50 families though size could be above or below, they also have varying numbers of hamlets around them which have around 4-5 families, a family is around 8-10 members, people may live with their parent’s in till the begin living with their partner’s and some may keep their parent’s with them.

Single line: Single line show the river flow of where melting ice water flows down, these are limited and of course can be irregular though the ones marked are regular water flows that can sometimes freeze over during deep winter.

Jagged markings: These simulate the rock formations such as mountains and the like that are spread across the Imuchakk landscape these do not include any snow drifts which can change the look of the landscape over time.

Dashed line: this line marks out the fact it is possible to traverse the mountains to reach the village, this could be done when there is high melt through the forest, of course traversing such trails carry risk if it ever has to be done.

1 Marker: This marks out the Village of birth and residence of High Chief Asisiak The Destroyer, her seat of power resides here and it is one of the 11 major Villages of Imuchakk, The Hall of Ancients is located here.

2 Marker: Frostburrow Caverns – Located here are caves that dot and cascade throw and across the rocky crags that jut from the landscape it is rumoured to be filled with creatures that are fierce in temperament and have no fear with taking on imuchakk creatures such as the yeti…..

3 Marker: The Rampaging River – The Rampaging River is not a river but the sea, were the sea swirl and the great flow from the land meet creates swirls and unpredictable conditions, areas like this are quite actively trod by the rampaging unicorn a variety of southern creature, they are more common during their breeding season.

4 Marker: One of the 11 Imuchakk Villages, this is the main hub of trade and transit if anything is to enter or leave imuchakk it’s the easiest place to safely make landfall if you discount the fact there are a large number of imuchakk in this location.

6Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 28/03/15, 06:55 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Festivals

(Spring)
The Waves of Earrach
(The Waves of Spring)
A celebration of the change of the tides, a time when the number of fish and increase in species density occurs towards the region as warmer airs and water is moved towards Imuchakk from the air currents and tidal flow of Reim, It occurs just after the event occurs and celebrates the arrival of the fish by feasts that envolve consuming large numbers of different varieties of fish caught by the Imuchakk’s Natural talents as fishermen and women. The celebration of this is largest in the fishing villages and come sometimes lead to Imuchakk travellers arriving to take part in the celebration.

(Summer)
Thanks Of Samhradh
(Thanks of Summer)
The celebration of great bounty of the wilds from the land and sea, tribute is put out be it on boats designed to sink or locations left with food stuffs to give thanks to the wilds for the bounty they provide to the Imuchakk that allows for them to have their grand feasts and happiness as a people.
The Festival Last a couple of days.

(September)
Spawn of Deiscirt éisc
(Spawn of Southern Fish)
The spawning time of the Southern Creature variety of the Rampaging Unicorn, a sacred time for the Imuchakk the creature that is so integral to their society is at its breeding period, they scatter their eggs around the Rampaging River marked on the map to allow them to be dragged out to sea to stick onto chunks of ice while they develop before they hatch. During this time Hunting isn’t allowed, though cunning hunters may wait in till the end of this period and them pick one off while it is weakened from breeding.

(October)
Ancients End

A festival to remember the Ancients of the Imuchakk, these are normally a set group of people whom are legendary people whom have passed away however people will commonly leave tribute to their ancestors as well, this period is a more sombre period of reflection initially before it turns into more of a party involving heavy drinking for great times.
The Festival Last a couple of days.

(November/Winter)
Geamhradh’s Return
(Winters Return)
This is the return of the slightly colder period were the wind changes, this is when much of the wildlife enters states of hibernation, though it varies between species of course and there are still a number of active species, not as much of a feast festival but a feast of using frozen leftovers that are then stewed together to make a grand stew that the village consumes together as a symbol of them not being wasteful of what the wilds have granted them.

(New Year)
Vaktir of Norðlægur Daga
(Shift of Northern Dawn)
The celebration of an Aurora of light that passes across the sky over imuchakk (over new year) as a celebration at this period, it is designed to bring people closer together and commonly used for people to give gifts to members of their family and sometimes people they may have a romantic interest in, its a one night event where many will remain awake the whole night.

7Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 29/03/15, 12:10 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I hope you don't mind if I color in your map? I'm working on it now, I'll show you it when it's done :D. You can tell me if you think there should be any changes, and I can get those changes worked on~

Just let me know, when I show you the results XD.

Here we go. The image is rather large, so you'll want to pull it up separately:

https://i.imgur.com/LUVwHkf.png

Let me know which you think is more visually appealing. I just decided to do this as a 'Hmm, might be neat' kind of thing, so feel free to consider having whichever. Of course, I'd be happy to fill stuff in for you as well if you wanted to add anything to the map.

8Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 29/03/15, 05:21 am

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Garret that hexagon map looks epic, just a question what tool is that ?

Is there a way to still add a key to it to show what the special locations are too ?

9Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 29/03/15, 01:42 pm

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The program is called Hexographer.

Text edits can be made to the thing, among other things, but I was actually thinking of passing the image along to be edited because a free-form rendition of a legend would be better.

10Imuchakk Nation Map Design Empty Re: Imuchakk Nation Map Design 30/03/15, 08:43 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Does anyone have any views on the suggested festivals ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum