Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: Hard labor builds character II/III [Repeatable][Job Chain]
Job Rank: C
Job Location: Portsmouth
Special Condition: Must have completed the first Job in this Job chain.
Job Rewards: 7,000 Huang, 100 XP
Job Overview:
One of the Foreman, who oversees many of the jobs that take place in the new city Portsmouth and over-watched your work the last time you helped out, is in desperate need of assistance. One of his skilled laborers turned out to be an ex-member of a group of thieves and has tried to turn over a new leaf and work an honest life. Unfortunately the band of thieves didn't take kindly to that. A friend of his sent him a warning letter, informing him the thieves know where he is and will get to him today. Protect this man from the thieves while helping him out throughout the day.

You may choose to kill the thieves, or knock them out and bring them to the authorities so they may serve their time.

Enemy Details:

Shielding from Thieves
It was early in the morning, the sun had just risen and could be seen peeking from over the horizon, when Adrastos received a notice from one of the Foreman overlooking the jobs in the newly built Portsmouth. Much to Adrastos' displeasure in helping out so early in the morning, he decided to go, not wanting to be rude out right. The summons spoke of having one of his workers being target by a band of thieves who didn't take kindly toward him leaving and starting fresh. Since there was no exact time stating when the band of thieves arrive, Adrastos had to leave immediately and keep on eye on the worker. That most likely meant to do a few tasks so that the blue mage could stay close enough to protect the man if danger ever made itself present.

Adrastos got dressed, donning on the all too familiar black garb, but this time adding a turban just for looks. He grabbed his wand, double checked his belongings, then set out to tend to his new temporary job. The air was still crispy cool, but the streets were just now being filled with waking people to begin their daily lives once more. He bought a bag of food before arriving at the location where the man was. The blue mage was greeted with a very nervous grin. "Hello, hello. Thanks for coming by. I hope you don't mind helping me out with some chores while watching over me and protecting me. It would certainly make the time pass by more quickly, yes?" Adrastos shrugged. "I suppose so," he responded."What is there for me to do?" He wasn't too keen on doing menial chores just a stereotypical housewife would do, yet there wasn't much of a choice in what he could do while protecting this man.
Adrastos began with sweeping the floor to the worker's house. The house was small, tidy, organized, and held a homey feeling the mage had not felt in a long, long while. Adrastos helped with other jobs such as cleaning dishes, cooking, and repairing broken objects. By midday, the two men took a break. "I appreciate you being here. You must not have wanted to come." The mage was silent. No one spoke for awhile. "So, you were an ex-thief?" The man nodded. "Yes," he sighed. "But I got tired with stealing and looting. I wanted to make an honest living. Maybe someday have a wife and kids. I can't do that if I'm gone to loot unsuspecting caravans or defenseless citizens, now can I?" The man had a point, though Adrastos wasn't into the idea of family or having any sort of relationship, including friendship. Such connections were a danger, or would become a danger, since he was a Kou affiliate. Nobody like Kou except Kou. The only reason the young magician sided with Kou was to accomplish his own goals. What better country to side with to get power than the country who takes power for themselves? It was logical.

Then, without warning, five thieves surrounded them. They all wore masks to hide their identities and they all had different builds varying from small to large, but that did not hinder the man beside Adrastos from recognizing them from the band he use to run around with. "That's them!" The man jumped up in a hurry, fear shook his limbs, making him tremble so hard his teeth rattled. A mouse caught in a trap he thought had no way out. Had he forgotten why the mage was here? It wasn't t engage in casual conversation or do chores for the man, that was certain Adrastos stood. "Leave this man alone. He wants nothing to do you anymore." "Too bad. He should know we don't allow deserters. The only way one leaves is by dying." The blue mage casted Aqua Fluctus at the man who spoke, knocking him out instantly. "Anyone else?" The other four thieves shifted their stances in preparation to fight. They wanted a taste of his power. "Good. More people for me to hit with my spells. I've been needing the extra practice."

The man ran inside his house and shut the door loudly, leaving the mage alone with the thieves. They began to dance around, their movements matching one similar to a gazelle, at a total speed of 12 m/s. Two attacked, their daggers in hand, but the attacks were deflected by the magician's borg. He responded by using Aqua Bulla at the right thief, knocking him out alongside the first thief. The others continued their death dance, slashing at Adrastos with their daggers. Cuts were carved into Adrastos' flesh. Blood seeped from them slowly drenching his clothes, caking his skin, and dying his hair with crimson liquid. The blade's gleamed red with blood. Adrastos grunted, using Aqua Canno to take out another thief, followed by Glacies Spica. Now, only one thief was left. He didn't look too thrilled be the last one standing or that his buddies had been knocked out. He let out a cry of outrage, swinging his dagger down. Adrastos' dodged and used Aqua Canno II.

The man who was being protected peeked his head out from the door. "Did you get them?" "Yeah. Wasn't too hard. I doubt any more will be coming after they hear about these failures." The man hugged Adrastos, responding with tensing his muscles and not moving, tightly. "You can let go now," groaned Adrastos from both the wounds and the uncomfortable feeling of being hugged by the other man. "Oh, sorry." He let go. "Let,s get you cleaned up and bandage those wounds, shall we?" The magician stiffly nodded, following the gentleman into his home where he was tended to. "I'd pay you for your protection, but I don't have the money. I'll send word to the foreman that you helped. He'll pay you for your assistance, I'm sure of it."

After being taken care of, Adastos thanked the worker then headed off to the Foreman to get paid, dropping the thieves at the jail on the way.

[WC: 1,000+/1,000]
[Magoi: 140/200]
Abilities Used:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Hard Labor Builds Character II [Job Chain/Solo] 3oCk1sb

Hard Labor Builds Character II [Job Chain/Solo] 7kZv0Du
Hard Labor Builds Character II [Job Chain/Solo] AmCJaPN Hard Labor Builds Character II [Job Chain/Solo] Ltg0RVb Hard Labor Builds Character II [Job Chain/Solo] VjD0Py3

Trait Points: 4/11 | SoS: 1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum