You are not connected. Please login or register

Garda's name. Should we change it?

5 posters

Should we change Garda's name

Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi1043%Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi10 43% [ 3 ]
Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi100%Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi10 0% [ 0 ]
Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi1057%Garda's name. Should we change it? Votepi10 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Heyo everyone, it has been brought to my attention that Garda, 'The Crusher' from the Reim Coli shares a name with 'Garda' (the ape in the Coliseum) from the anime/manga.

The individual who brought this to my attention doesn't think the name looks good from a design perspective, and would like the name changed.

This is a thread to simultaneously gauge the reaction and inform the board of the name change so everybody is on the same page. Let the voting commence.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Anonymity is pointless, it's gonna be clear from this post that I'm the one who brought it up anyways.

It's simple. People who are familiar with canon are going to see "Garda" on the Reim page and assume it refers to a giant ape. I don't care that the big bad boss of the coliseum isn't a giant monkey, but it does create a poor image of the site overall that we use the same name as one for a completely different character/fighter.

"AU" is not a good excuse here. Sure, it works as an excuse, but only in a "lets sweep this under the rug and hope no one cares or notices" kind of way.  It presents the appearance of a lack of knowledge about the source material. Instead of trying to explain it away we should just make a quick fix now before the character has been used in more than a single thread.

It will present a more professional appearance of the forum if we change the name "Garda" to something else so no confusion or false assumptions are made in the future.

Ayero

Ayero
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Garda's name. Should we change it? Tumblr_mxhkmmKrQ31ra3lv7o1_500

Personally, I think we should change Garda's species... Neutral

Forreal, I'm cool with whatever decision is made.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sounds good. 2 people want it changed, and 2 people don't mind either way. I'll have it changed shortly to Decimus Quintillus.

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yeh i don't care though if you do change it, which you did just say I vote Calling him Guardian Kirby

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum