You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion: NPC Guidelines/Rules

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

As I went about my business creating NPCs, I realized there aren't really any set guidelines or rules regarding their use. Here are a few points I think are worth noting in an official systems page to set some boundaries on what is and isn't possible with NPCs:

• Player Created NPCs can not kill player characters without the victim's express permission. The exception to this rule is of course, staff run NPCs.

• Player Created NPCs can not be killed without the creator's permission. If the player is inactive, the decision is left to staff. Once again, staff are exempt from this rule and may kill off NPCs without permission to suit plot development.

• Player Created NPCs can be of any rank or power level other than Omega. This level of power is reserved for staff created NPCs.

• Player Created NPCs can only be controlled by their creators unless other players have obtained permission to do so. Once again, staff is exempt from this rule and should be contacted in lieu of an inactive creator.

I'm sure there are other factors that should probably be noted and listed. But for now, these are the ones that mainly stand out to me as important.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I'm down for this. We can just add it in the NPC creation page, as well. No need to create a new topic for it.

I added to it. It looks really legit.

Code:
[list]
[*]Player Created NPCs can not kill player characters without the victim's express permission. The exception to this rule is of course, staff run NPCs.

[*]Player Created NPCs can not be killed without the creator's permission. If the player is inactive, the decision is left to staff. Once again, staff are exempt from this rule and may kill off NPCs without permission to suit plot development.

[*]Player Created NPCs can be of any rank or power level other than Omega. This level of power is reserved for staff created NPCs.

[*]Player Created NPCs can only be controlled by their creators unless other players have obtained permission to do so. Once again, staff is exempt from this rule and should be contacted in lieu of an inactive creator.

[*]Player Created NPCs can not kill listed NPCs in a job. Listed NPCs are the NPCs that are listed in the job to be defeated in order to obtain your reward. You can still have them face off against unlisted NPCs which aren't described in the job posting (within reason).
[/list]

Last edited by Garret on 03/12/14, 09:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ah, good catch on the addition. I had forgotten about that one. I'd suggest to elaborate on it further though so it's clear to players what a "listed NPC" is as I could see some members not quite understanding.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fixed ^_^.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum