You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Time Don't Reveal Djinn power/identity

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I believe next time that the power of the djinn (illusion this time) should not be revealed to players in till they reach the djinn its self.

This would promote player's not meta gaming going after only djinn they want.

It would increase dungeon activity as more players may travel to dungeons for loot and prizes as they are unknown.

Djinn should be more of a surprise i believe. Maybe we get there name but not the info on them.

Zander

Zander
β-Tier
β-Tier

I somewhere between agree and disagree with Warden. We are risking our character's lives and risking not getting the one we want would put a lot of people off of dungeon crawling. It'd also mean we'd have no idea about what creature we'd get if we threw ourselves into the dungeon, because why reveal the dungeon beast classes and not the djinn?

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I guess but if there are hint's in the infomation about the dungeon if you decipher the hints correctly you are rewarded with the fact you have an idea.

So the illusion one could have mentioned that the dungeons outside seems to mirage and shimmer etc

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Entering a Dungeon comes at great risk. Leaking some basic OOC knowledge to players isn't a bad thing as then they can know if that risk is even worth taking. Do you REALLY want every player on the site competing for a single dungeon? I sure don't D: If this means we end up with a dungeon no one wants for an entire month or something, staff can just have an NPC conquer the dungeon and then raise a new one that might interest more players.

It would be worse of no one wanted the Djinn magic type but we were all fighting really hard to get it since it's a mystery to us. That would just result in someone being really upset with what they get at the end of the dungeon. It's better to be up front about what kind of Djinn is up for grabs as character development could change drastically depending on the type of Djinn one obtains.

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

we can hold multiple djinn correct ?

I just think it would be better as it forces players not to meta game but make a decision on if they would try for the treasures of the dungeon.

As this is promoting going for the djinn over the gold and treasure.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

You seem to have a misunderstanding about the difference between "metagaming" and developing your characters plot ahead of time. The line between them is kind of blurry so I get where you are coming from. But metagaming in a fight and deciding whether or not to have my character participate in an event are not quite the same thing.

I am not cheating or negatively affecting anyone on the forum by planning ahead of time that I want to get life magic as my 3rd magic type. As such, I plan on rping with other life mages on the forum so Yaku will develop an interest in life magic and have experience with it IC before ever actually learning the magic type. I will be basing my choice to have Yakuroro travel and meet those characters on the OOC knowledge that they have life magic. But when I go about those plans Yakuroro won't KNOW these people have life magic and I'll find IC reasons for him to bump into them. This is just planning my character's growth and has nothing to do with real metagaming.

Metagaming is when I give my character OOC knowledge that I have, but he does not. So long as I can write up an IC reason that is legitimate and fits my character, I can still have him act based on my OOC plans. That is part of being a skilled rper. It's very different from giving your character information that they couldn't possibly have, which is cheating and thus frowned upon as "metagaming"

Admin

Admin
Admin

What Yakuroro said. If people risk their lives and the possibility of them failing as well is up in the air, I'm sure they'd like to know what they're fighting for.

We'll continue to list the names/title of the Djinn with their corresponding ability. Sometimes it will be more vague whilst at other's it will be clearer.

If anything I won't post a picture of the actual Djinn anymore.

Sara

Sara
C-Tier
C-Tier

Yeah, moreover if we did this change it would work for maybe a month or two. Staff would always get the inside on what Dijin that would be released and would know exactly what they do. Therefore staff members would go after the ones they wanted. After that in 2 or three months from the time we stop allowing people to have information regarding the Dijin people will begin to ask for the information back since staff would have an unfair advantage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum