You are not connected. Please login or register

Endless temptations from dusk till dawn [Open/Max 3 people]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lilinette

Lilinette
D-Tier
D-Tier

"Disappointing..." Bastet mumbled, letting out a deep, over exaggerated sigh as she rested her chin on her knee, leaving her other leg dangling off the roof top. She sun was beginning to set and there was no sign that today was going to go out with a bang. The most adrenaline educing thing that happened to Bastet today was getting to jog home back to Aba with the weekly groceries, and that happened just an hour ago. Of course, she had only been awake for two or three. 

Bastet hated days like this. Days where, even after just a few simple hours of being conscious, you could tell the day was going to be slow.  

Days that started slow and ended slow. The days that didn't so much end with a bang, but days that ended with a flop onto ones own bed. Could have made some money today. She thought to herself, her eyes glazed over as she thought to herself, ignoring the people wondering below her, most of which were on there way home. Most people didn't stay out after dark, but Bastet wasn't most people. Bastet woke up typically when the sun was just a few hours away from going down. 

Nocturnal. That would be the word to describe Bastet. She spent more time awake at night then she did awake during the day. 

Her face was dead, emotional less, dull. It was an expression she did not wear that often. After letting out a yawn, she rubbed her eyes and began to stand up on the corner roof of the building, a building which was now being recognized as 4 stories tall. 

"Come one world." She began. 

"Prove me wrong." 

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

It had been several days since the events of the Festival of Light and Darkness when Yakuroro had lost track of his adopted beast son, Akatetsu. The Imuchakk magician had been searching the city in a panic ever since barring a few distractions that had required his attention between then and now. Looking back in hindsight, Yakuroro should never have sent the baby chimera off on his own, but then again it wasn't like keeping him around when a giant black djinn was present would have been safe either. Perhaps there was no "right" decision, but Yakuroro could manage to convince himself that he had made the best one. He found his flying carpet in an alley way that day and it was unlikely that Akatetsu would have just left it sitting around. Something had happened to the poor beast, Yaku was sure of it.

The panic and concern was immense at first, but now it was just smouldering in the pit of Yakuroro's gut as he flew all over the city looking for signs of Akatetsu. The past short days had been spent almost entirely dedicated to looking for the bone skulled chimera but Yakuroro was starting to lose hope that he would ever see his little creature of a son again. He began to think of all the ways he had been lacking as a father to the chimera and chastising himself repeatedly over past mistakes which he could not change.

The day's sunlight quickly ran out and night had begun to fall upon what was left of Heliohapt's capital city, but desperation spurred Yakuroro to continue the search from atop his flying carpet. Peering down at the torch lit streets below Yakuroro was looking for something, anything, to suggest that an "exotic creature" was being peddled for sale. As he flew around at 10m/s Yakuroro felt a wave of self loathing and frustration come over him which manifested itself in the form of a shout. The Imuchakk balled his hands into fists and closed his eyes tight as he shouted at the top of his lungs, "Akatetsuuuuuuu!!!!" Unfortunately for him, there was a four story tall building in his way. Yakuroro opened his eyes just in time to see himself crash face first into the wall.

All the force of his moment nearly broke Yakuroro's nose and blood began streaming down from the sniffer as Yakuroro fell backwards onto his carpet which straightened out to catch him and hovered there in place at the 3 story level. As Yakuroro fell his eyes looked up and the world seemed to move in slow motion as his gaze fell upon a silhouetted figure against the backdrop of the night sky.

Lilinette

Lilinette
D-Tier
D-Tier

Hearing the voice of a man in panic, she turned her head, chest and body facing forward. "Is everything al-" Before she could finish, the man slammed into the building. "Dude!" She shouted, looking down at the man as he fell back. Should I go help him? Bastet asked herself, beginning to turn her whole body as she began to go and see if the man was alright.

Her eyes opened wide as she looked down, at first, a sense of relief flew through her body, "Oh good, your alive," She spoke, giving a sigh of relief right before her eyes opened wide once more. "But you can fly???" Bastet shouted.

The man was obviously conscious, for his eyes were open, staring at her. She took a step back, then scratched the back of her head. "I guess if you can fly it would take a little bit more then a building to knock you out, huh?" She joked, letting go a laugh as she bent forward, reaching down towards the man. "Need a hand?" she asked, sticking out her tongue as she awaited a response.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

"Ugh..." A slight painful groan escaped the Imuchakk's mouth as he rubbed his nose and the carpet floated upwards past the woman and her offered hand moving over her before landing gently on the roof but not before turning around so when Yakuroro sat up he'd be facing the stranger. "D'ts nob me who can fly..." He began, his words initially juttered from rubbing the blood from his nose onto the back of his wrist. "...I have a magic carpet. But I'm alright, thank you for asking." A polite voice rung out in a clear tone. Behind the mask of his social pleasantries, the cunning Imuchakk began to develop a few ideas about this mysterious rooftop encounter and what kind of reasons the woman had for being in such an odd place.

Was she a star gazer? A citizen enjoying the night air on the roof of their own home? Or was she a denizen of the night, a person who traversed rooftops and paths unseen? The magician hoped for the latter but for now he had no way to tell so he inquired in a manner that could perhaps coax an answer out from the girl herself. "Sorry, I was looking for my son. He's about yay tall, has orange scales, walks around naked, and has a bone skull over his head. Seen him anywhere?" The Imuchakk held his hand off the roof about Akatetsu's height and said the words in a matter of fact tone as if they didn't sound a bit like he was out of his mind.

Yakuroro expected it to come off as a joke and if taken in such a manner he wouldn't reveal that each syllable had rung true. Instead, he'd swiftly move to ask about this stranger and what she was doing atop a four story building in the early evening hours. "Hahaha~ Tell me, what brings a young beauty life yourself to such a high place? It's dark up here and it's be dangerous if you fell."

Lilinette

Lilinette
D-Tier
D-Tier

Bastet merely blinked her eyes as the man spoke. "A magic carpet?" She asked, a glimmer of curiosity in her eyes as a smirk grew on her face. However, no matter how devilish the smirk was, and it was mighty devilish, she had no ill will as she stood up, realizing the man wasn't going to take her hand, and instead flew up next to her.

She then took a deep breath. She hated sob stories. Her entire like was one long sob story. Of course, she didn't hate the people telling them. The story, which sounded a bit ludicrous to her, was like an opposite version of her own. This mans son, no matter how deformed he was, was missing. "Alright," She spoke, waiting a few seconds after the man had finished speaking, "I'll tell you why I'm up here, but," As her righting reflex activated, she then leaped off the roof top and onto the ground below. The smirk turned into a smile as she turned back up towards the man.

"I'll tell you while we look for your boy, I'm know from experience that he is worried sick." She then took a breath and looked out on the cast night of Heliohapt. The buildings weren't too tall, except for a few of the ones out in the distant, closer to the center of town. The glimmer which the sun usually cast upon the city was gone, leaving them in almost total darkness, if not for the crescent moon which shined down upon them.  "We best get started, the suns already down and we have a lot of ground to cover." 

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro's expression turned to shock as he watched the stranger leap from atop the four story building. She'd just agreed to tell him why she was there, why would she suddenly commit suicide!? Yakuroro willed the carpet into action jerking forwards and over the roof ledge but the pause from his surprise had been too long. The Imuchakk cleared the lip of the roof expecting to see an unnatural splatter on the ground, but to his relief the woman had somehow landed safely and was looking up at him suggesting that they get a move on in the search for Akatetsu. A mix of joy that she had not killed herself with that stunt and disappointment that she took his words seriously when they were intended to come off jokingly blew through Yakuroro. As he lowered the flying carpet slowly to ground level, Yaku calmed his mind and accepted that his end goal of getting some help in his search had been met so it was all working out in the long run.

As the magician reached a few feet off the ground, he willed the carpet to pull itself out from under himself before wrapping securely around his waist to tie his robes shut. The large Imuchakk landed on both feet with a moderate thud and bent his knees to support his own weight and the force of the fall. As he stood to comfortable posture and rose his magic staff to use like a walking stick, Yakuroro would speak to both inform and inquire. "I've already looked all over the city for the past few days. If it can be seen from the air I've already looked...twice." This was a lie, he'd looked everywhere visible from the sky at least a dozen times by now. "I don't think we'll find him in any normal places...So why were you up there? And how exactly did you survive a fall from such a height?" He then pointed upwards with his free hand to indicate the four story building.

Lilinette

Lilinette
D-Tier
D-Tier

Bastet watched with a smirk still planted on her face as the man floated down towards her. "Welcome back," She said, sticking out her tongue as she then placed her hand on her hip, and awaited for the man to speak. 

She listened as the man spoke. He spoke of searching the entire city by air, multiple times at that, and having not seen his son. "Well that's you're problem." Bastet commented, turning around and motioning for the man to follow her as she began to walk away. "You only check from above. If someone had taken him, i doubt they would let him roam free." She then looked back, her eyes like daggers as she gazed towards the Imuchakk. "And a boy as interesting as the one you described would almost undoubtedly be kidnapped." 

As she continued to walk, Bastet over heard the man questioning her. "What was  I doing up there?" She asked, turning around for the third or fourth time now, and looking up at the rooftop of the building. "I was waiting." She then gave a smile and answered his second question. "I'm a body manipulator. All i had to do was reconstruct my spine and joints in mid air to lesson the shock of the fall and make sure i landed on my feet." She then gave him the kind of face that just screamed 'duh', like he should have known that. 

"Alright, lets get started. time to bash some doors down." 

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yakuroro frowned as he walked alongside Bastet, a pace or two behind as she was leading the way, as he did not want to admit to the thought that Akatetsu had been taken by people with ill intent. There was hope that something else was at play since Yakuroro had found his magic carpet tucked away neatly. If men of lesser morals saw fit to kidnap the chimera, why would they leave behind a perfectly good flying carpet? Still, the Imuchakk had to face the facts that with Akatetsu being missing for so long it was entirely possible he'd left the carpet somewhere and was taken afterwards. A sigh escaped his lips but it was soft and subtle

When Bastet answered the Imuchakk's question she rose many more. Yakuroro had never met a body manipulator before and rubbed his chin quizzically, "Manipulator...what kind of magic do you use to produce such results?" Yakuroro asked more to himself than to Bastet. Before the woman could reply once more, Yakuroro had an "oh!" moment and placed a closed fist on his open palm to punctuate the thought, "Ah, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Yakuroro of Imucha-...bash down doors?"

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

((It's been almost two weeks since Bastet last posted and despite attempts to contact her I've been unable to do so. That being said, I regretfully need to exit this thread so I can travel to Reim. Sorry Bastet! If you return please contact me and we can rp again sometime.))

Yakuroro didn't mind enlisting the help of another in the search for his son. After all the time he'd sunk into the task himself so far with no results, it was probably a good idea to seek out assistance. However perhaps this was not the best person to owe a favor to. Kick down doors? The last thing Yakuroro needed was to find himself wanted for breaking and entering. He let Bastet walk ahead of him a few paces and the silently grasped the edge of his magic carpet. The flying magic tool unraveled and with a jump, Yakuroro rose into the air as the carpet spread out beneath him. Not wanting to get wrapped up in whatever chaos this woman was about to lead him into, Yakuroro simply flew away into the night sky departing from the potential troublemaker. Perhaps they would see each other again one day, hopefully on terms that didn't require the breaking down of doors. One could only hope the young woman didn't scorn him for disappearing on her.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum