You are not connected. Please login or register

Garret's Page of the Lost Grimoire tech (And Registering Combination Magic)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Registering a personal combination magic:

Flux State, Living Water Magic:

This combination of life, water and sound creates a living body of water that has speech functions equivalent to that of a beast (roars, yells, tweets etc.). This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body, all the while remaining in the liquid state. The characteristics mentioned in the prior sentence that they can choose from are limited to those of two different states of water: Solid and Liquid. Examples of these characteristics would be; As hard as ice or as flowing as water. While these characteristics may be exhibited, the state of the creature itself is still within the liquid state of water. These living beings of water will obey and understand the verbal commands of the caster, but are also able to think on their own. Without a verbal command, their primary objective is the protection of their master. The elemental weaknesses and strengths follow that of Water Magic for 'water sections' and Ice Magic for 'ice sections'.

Name: Rithux, The Water Dragon
Tier: B
Cost: 30|15 Magoi Initial|Sustain
Element: Flux State, Living Water (Life+Water+Sound)
Class: Offensive
Range: 30m
Duration:1-3 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Description:
This combination of life, water and sound creates a living body of water that has speech functions equivalent to that of a beast (roars, yells, tweets etc.). This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body, all the while remaining in the liquid state. The characteristics mentioned in the prior sentence that they can choose from are limited to those of two different states of water: Solid and Liquid. Examples of these characteristics would be; As hard as ice or as flowing as water. While these characteristics may be exhibited, the state of the creature itself is still within the liquid state of water. These living beings of water will obey and understand the verbal commands of the caster, but are also able to think on their own. Without a verbal command, their primary objective is the protection of their master. The elemental weaknesses and strengths follow that of Water Magic for 'water sections' and Ice Magic for 'ice sections'.

The caster offers up a part of their body, whether it be blood, hair, a fingernail etc, as the catalyst of this spell. It does not have to be a significant amount; Ex.: 1 drop of blood, 1 hair, 1 chewed off fingernail. This provides a link between the caster and the creation, allowing the creature to be linked with the caster and know that the caster is not an enemy to attack. Since this creature can think by itself, it is able to make a determination on what is dangerous to the caster. Water from the nearby environment is gathered and coalesced into a Kou dragon's likeness, 10-15 meters in length and 1-4 meters in circumference. This forms at a rate of 20 m/s. Due to Flux State, Living Water Magic, it is able to portion out its body into 15 moving sections and give them different characteristics while retaining structural integrity. Furthermore, these 15 sections are slightly mutable and allow the creature to extend parts of its body and form shapes out by 1 meter. Rithux, The Water Dragon, deals B-Tier damage to anything that it forcibly collides with that has such a section take on the solid characteristics of ice. Rithux, The Water Dragon, flies at 20 m/s. This spell may be sustained in the next post in order to reform from any damage dealt to it and in order to deal B-Tier damage in the new post.

Last edited by Garret on 24/09/14, 11:07 pm; edited 7 times in total

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

There are a few things I'd like to request that you change about this magic/spell.

Combination Magic Type
Characteristics
This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body
-What do you mean by add on "characteristics"? Limbs and body parts? Just need to make sure because that wording is very vague and doesn't seem to reflect the changing of states which I think is what you meant to express here.

States of Water
-Without heat magic, it should be more difficult to produce waters gaseous state. I'd like to request that you note making water into steam has a minor duration involved. For example, a single post to "charge" and have it accompanied by a buzzing sound to reflect the vibrations taking place as I assume you are heating the water using sound vibrations.

Ability to Think Independently
-The ability to think should be limited to a highly primal form of instinctual thought. I'll elaborate on this a bit later as it ties into another point with the ability itself. Do keep in mind that this would make each spell a double edged sword as they might be prone to act in a manner you don't deem suitable and that a dungeon master could use this against you.

Ability
Memories
-Scheherazade, a centuries old magi, could not impart her memories into her life magic creations so I don't think players should be able to. When she made a clone like Titus, it had to be educated about the world verbally and taught knowledge that she could have otherwise easily just implanted into him if this were possible.

-This is also why I don't think that the creations should have any degree of intelligence exceeding that of an instinct driven beast. They would need to be taught said intelligence over time which isn't practical for abilities which have duration limitations.

Sectioned Body
-Because of how abilities work, please keep in mind that if one section of the dragon's body gets hit with an equal tier ability, the entire thing would be destroyed lest you are sustaining it.

Elemental Strengths/Weaknesses
-Since this isn't really a combined magic and is more of a composite magic(difference being a new kind of magic altogether vs using multiple magic types at once in conjunction with each other.) the elemental weaknesses of ice being weaker to heat magic and water being a conduit for lightning magic would still apply.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Characteristics:
What I meant by this was that even though it's a blob of water, it could be solid like ice. I was hoping I had wrote it in a way that would show this, but I failed.
Sad
I will edit that in order to more clearly reflect this.

States of Water:
The states of water do not change, as it will always be in liquid form. The purpose of the magic type is to give that liquid form the characteristics of the other states of water. This reasoning will require a small suspension of disbelief:

With the thought that if magic can cause rivers of water to fly (thus giving it the characteristic of a gas, which is being lighter than air), then it shouldn't be too unreasonable to also believe that it can change other effects that the water could do. This type of manipulation is purely aesthetic, as I could technically do the same without a combination magic. By saying that the force of water is so strong that its movements make it effectively a solid, I could say that it has the state of 'ice' when describing its solidity and ability to slam into something to deal blunt damage to them with its force.

Ability to Think Independently:
The ability is intentionally nerfed in such a manner in order to balance it. I am fine with the fact that it might be DMed to do something primal when it doesn't have orders to do something otherwise, so long as the DM can justify that it goes along the water elemental's thought process, however primal that may be. Since we do not have a real life study on water elemental's thought processes,
Laughing
I will write in there a primary purpose that it will try to enforce while not having commands.
Thumbs Up!

Memories:
I have no problem complying with the removal of the memories, but I am going to try to push back a bit on this because I find the concept really cool. I will attempt to satisfy your suspension of disbelief. If you dislike my reasoning, that's fine and I will remove the memories part from the spell.

The fact that the Scheherazade that had created Titus was just a shell of the true Magi holds no real baring on this discussion, as even a shell of a Magi is powerful. Therefore, I will concede the point that the creation of a non-sustained and already intelligent creature is difficult to form for a Magi, and may be impossible for a regular Magician.

I do want to mention, though, that one of the Water Magic's abilities in the series is one where they put a drop of their blood in conjunction with the use of the spell, which allowed the little puppets to recreate actions in the past and show what they were doing in the current time. I believe that this could roll over into the thought that having a part of my body as the catalyst of the spell would give it some intelligence/memories based on my thoughts and memories.

I would also like to mention that while Scheherazade had created Titus, Titus was his own person (even if he had a constant connection to Scheherazade). I may be wrong, but I was under the assumption that Scheherazade did not sustain him like a spell. I realize that at one point in time, it was said that he would be assimilated back into Scheherazade, but I thought that this was because she was reaching the end of her line and she wanted to consolidate all the magoi she had out and about. I may be wrong about this, in which case I hang my head in shame but will move onward.

Like I mentioned before, I don't mind if this is removed and it only has the intelligence of a beast. That's perfectly fine ^_^. Just wanted it to have that aesthetic sense to it.

Sectioned Body:
That's completely fine. If a part of its body is hit by a B-Tier ability, such as a wind ability or something, and it breaks because of it I have no issues with that. Of course regular sustain rules apply for allowing it to continue to exist. The sectioning part of the body is only meant to allow me to have different sections of the body have different characteristics. This spell was made with the intention for it to follow all clashing rules.

Elemental Strengths/Weaknesses:
Even though I write that it is able to change its characteristics, I would not mind if the spell retains its elemental weaknesses/strengths. However, since the spell is meant to be its liquid form and only have the characteristics of other forms I would like to point out that it should follow the Water Magic guidelines for this, and not the Water Magic and Ice Magic guidelines.

Bump for edit, my edit includes the pre-determination that beast-level intelligence is the level of intelligence that it has. The edit also still has the memories part, but it is with the assumption that complex memories are not departed upon it and that the creature itself could have a basic understanding of allies, citizens and enemies upon creation.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

After some discussion over steam and some following edits, I think this can be Approved For Training:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Rithux, The Water Dragon
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Cost:[/b] 30|15 Magoi Initial|Sustain
[b]Element:[/b] Flux State, Living Water (Life+Water+Sound)
[b]Class:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] 30m
[b]Duration:[/b]1-3 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Description:[/b]
[justify][i][size=10]This combination of life, water and sound creates a living body of water that has speech functions equivalent to that of a beast (roars, yells, tweets etc.). This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body, all the while remaining in the liquid state. The characteristics mentioned in the prior sentence that they can choose from are limited to those of two different states of water: Solid and Liquid. Examples of these characteristics would be; As hard as ice or as flowing as water. While these characteristics may be exhibited, the state of the creature itself is still within the liquid state of water. These living beings of water will obey and understand the verbal commands of the caster, but are also able to think on their own. Without a verbal command, their primary objective is the protection of their master. The elemental weaknesses and strengths follow that of Water Magic for 'water sections' and Ice Magic for 'ice sections'.[/size][/i]

The caster offers up a part of their body, whether it be blood, hair, a fingernail etc, as the catalyst of this spell. It does not have to be a significant amount; Ex.: 1 drop of blood, 1 hair, 1 chewed off fingernail. This provides a link between the caster and the creation, allowing the creature to be linked with the caster and know that the caster is not an enemy to attack. Since this creature can think by itself, it is able to make a determination on what is dangerous to the caster. Water from the nearby environment is gathered and coalesced into a Kou dragon's likeness, 10-15 meters in length and 1-4 meters in circumference. This forms at a rate of 20 m/s. Due to Flux State, Living Water Magic, it is able to portion out its body into 15 moving sections and give them different characteristics while retaining structural integrity. Furthermore, these 15 sections are slightly mutable and allow the creature to extend parts of its body and form shapes out by 1 meter. Rithux, The Water Dragon, deals B-Tier damage to anything that it forcibly collides with that has such a section take on the solid characteristics of ice. Rithux, The Water Dragon, flies at 20 m/s. This spell may be sustained in the next post in order to reform from any damage dealt to it and in order to deal B-Tier damage in the new post.[/justify]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ah, I would like to have this edited just slightly.

"Rithux, The Water Dragon, flies at 20 m/s."

Just for the sake of being comprehensive of how Rithux moves.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thought that was obvious, but sure, add it in.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Done XD. I thought you meant just add it into your post XDXD. Afterwards I realized what you actually meant x.x

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Re-Approved for Training:
Code:
[justify][i][size=10]This combination of life, water and sound creates a living body of water that has speech functions equivalent to that of a beast (roars, yells, tweets etc.). This water may freely fluctuate and add on characteristics to its body, all the while remaining in the liquid state. The characteristics mentioned in the prior sentence that they can choose from are limited to those of two different states of water: Solid and Liquid. Examples of these characteristics would be; As hard as ice or as flowing as water. While these characteristics may be exhibited, the state of the creature itself is still within the liquid state of water. These living beings of water will obey and understand the verbal commands of the caster, but are also able to think on their own. Without a verbal command, their primary objective is the protection of their master. The elemental weaknesses and strengths follow that of Water Magic for 'water sections' and Ice Magic for 'ice sections'.[/size][/i]

The caster offers up a part of their body, whether it be blood, hair, a fingernail etc, as the catalyst of this spell. It does not have to be a significant amount; Ex.: 1 drop of blood, 1 hair, 1 chewed off fingernail. This provides a link between the caster and the creation, allowing the creature to be linked with the caster and know that the caster is not an enemy to attack. Since this creature can think by itself, it is able to make a determination on what is dangerous to the caster. Water from the nearby environment is gathered and coalesced into a Kou dragon's likeness, 10-15 meters in length and 1-4 meters in circumference. This forms at a rate of 20 m/s. Due to Flux State, Living Water Magic, it is able to portion out its body into 15 moving sections and give them different characteristics while retaining structural integrity. Furthermore, these 15 sections are slightly mutable and allow the creature to extend parts of its body and form shapes out by 1 meter. Rithux, The Water Dragon, deals B-Tier damage to anything that it forcibly collides with that has such a section take on the solid characteristics of ice. Rithux, The Water Dragon, flies at 20 m/s. This spell may be sustained in the next post in order to reform from any damage dealt to it and in order to deal B-Tier damage in the new post.[/justify]

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

approved, add to your vault~

Code:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum