You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking after the needy [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nefertari

Nefertari
D-Tier
D-Tier

Pitiful, how a job needed to be requested to keep orphans company. She’d visited orphanages in the past when travelling with her father at a younger age and he seemed to get along with the kid and brighten up their days with gifts and stories of the ancient gods. As her father was deceased, she’d thought it was her time to take up the task of helping out the younglings. Of course there would be payment, though she wasn’t too keen on taking money from the poor but she didn’t want to be the one to show off that she didn’t need it. Still, she did have a few gifts to donate to them from a collection of stuff she had used in the past that may prove more use to children.

The woman would make her way through the sands of the city slum streets, clothed in a cheaper wear than she would normally be wearing whilst having a sack hauled over her shoulder. She didn’t want to wear items that would likely spark attention from a desert thief, though she was quite fond of her home it wasn’t the safest of places. It wasn’t that long before she reached the entrance of the orphanage that was nearest to her. It had a shoddy appearance from the outside, somewhat broken windows whilst it felt as it was an abandoned building, deprived of love. A sigh of sadness come forth from her lips, before she made her way into the building.
[251/500]

Nefertari

Nefertari
D-Tier
D-Tier

Upon entering, she’d be greeted by a simple bump to the legs, as a little ‘thump’ would be heard. Directing her eyes to the source of this noise, what she saw did a young boy- seem around the age of five or so with messy brown hair and a bit of raggedy clothing. Her stared up towards the woman, spouting a bit of a frightened face before responding in a swift manner, “S-sorry m-miss.” What probably gained her attention instantly was the fact that he was stuttering. Using her unoccupied hand, she first kneeled down and ruffled up his hair as she drew a smile on her face. “Pardon me; I didn’t know that such a handsome boy was there. It’s my fault for making you fall down, are you alright?” Nefertari felt like it would be rude to not inquire if he gained a scratch or some sort of injury from the fall, after all though it may have been his fault she didn’t want to strike the wrong impression to the first kid that she had seen in this place.

Y-… uhm, Y-yes miss.” The young boy would respond, seeming a bit confused at the words that the woman unknown to him had said. She could guess that it was doubtful that he’d ever met someone like her. Placing the sack of stuff to the floor, that would draw the attention from the kid momentarily; she moved both hands to his side to lift him onto his feet before saying “There, that’s better.” A pause, before her hand went to retrieve the sack once again. She stood up on her feet as she stared around at the dusty building, she didn’t seem to see any sign of any other children or possibly a matron. Glancing back at the boy, she asked, “Would you happen to know where the other kids are at? I’m planning on sticking around a while and playing with you all. That is- if you don’t mind.” The boy clearly was shocked at the words, taking a bit of time to think before his mouth slowly made his way into a joyful smile as he nodded his petite head. “Mhm! I-I’ll show y-you where the o-others are.” Once said, the two began to traverse further into the building.
[634/500]

Nefertari

Nefertari
D-Tier
D-Tier

They both made their way into the back room as there seemed to be a couple other orphans here. Two girls and two other boys, as the boy who led her here, they all had rather scraggy clothing. With a mixture of curious and perhaps fearful eyes, they’ll all glance towards her. A bit overwhelmed at the adorable stares of children, Nefertari would simply smile and curtsy towards the children, making her way closer to them along with the boy from earlier before sitting down. “Hello all of you, I’m quite surprised that I’m surround by such a bundle of gorgeous children.” Of course to her words, some of them would look at her as if she were crazy, though she wouldn’t mind one bit. She placed the sack in front of her, before slowly opening it up.

What was revealed seemed to be a couple of books, all looking well-maintained along with a few new clothing and a lot of old toys that used to belong to her. The children would sparkle up their eyes with joy as she’d feel a bit of a warm sensation from seeing the reaction of the kids. “Go on, you can take whatever you want. These all belong to you.”  The kids would look to each other unsure for a moment, before saying in near-unison, “Really?” The woman nodded her head, as she watched the kids scramble towards the items, the young girls mainly looking at the books and clothing whilst the boys seemed to observe the toys that were in there. She didn’t seem to do anything else other than watch for a few minutes, she didn’t mind at all watching the children enjoy their new gifts.  
[919/500]

Nefertari

Nefertari
D-Tier
D-Tier

A girl came up towards Nefertari with a book in hand as she asked in a meek voice, “Can... you read this to me miss? I can’t… read all of the words.” There was no question that she wouldn’t refuse such a request, as she took the book and stared at the top. “Oh? This book, I used to like it when I was a kid. I’m sure you would enjoy it, let me read some of it to you.” She opened up the pages, as she begun to engage into story mode. Whilst she began to say the story the tone of her voice had changed tone to engage the girl. It didn’t take that long for the other children to soon gather together to listen to the story.  “… And so he shouted, ‘I am not afraid of you!’…” Just as she heard that, she heard the sound of footsteps getting closer, as her eyes wondered behind her.

Her gaze settled on a woman, seemingly a bit on the chubby side carrying a load of bags into the room. She came to a halt before giving a stern gaze towards Nefertari before saying, “And who may you be?” Nefertari stood up before bowing towards the woman. “I’m Nefertari, just someone taking up the Job that was posted a while ago. I was just giving the children gift and reading them this story.” The woman leaned to the side gazing at all of the objects before sighing, “Is that so? Well, don’t expect me paying for any of those things if you’re going to try stealing my money over these things.” Nefertari looked surprised as she put her hands out and frantically shook them, “Oh, no-no. I wouldn’t dream of doing that. This is just a donation for them, I’m just glad to be helping the children out.” The woman raised a brow, before saying, “That’s what they all say.” After those words had been said the woman walked away to another room in the building.
[1,256/500]

Nefertari

Nefertari
D-Tier
D-Tier

Was surprised at the doubt of her words, probably she’d be mulling over it some more if she wasn’t tugged by the young girl from before. She smiled as she said, “Oh sorry, I was just having a little chat. I’ll carry on.” She sat back down as she continued reading the book to the young kids whom seemed to enjoy the story that they were being told. Whenever it got to a part that was a dramatic scene for the hero, their faces would fill with awe. One of the boy raised his hands up before saying, “I want to be a priest, then I could do stuff like the guy in the book.” She chuckled as she said, “I’m sure you would make a fine priest.” Her gaze went towards the other children as she asked, “And what do you ducklings want to do in the future?

A handful of replies came up, but all fell silence when one of the young girls said, “I want… to be adopted when I grow up.” Sad faces could be seen on the children’s mugs as it also made Nefertari feel a bit down in the dumps. All these kids were adorable, if she was able to she’d adopt all of them. But with how her life was it would be too dangerous to adopt a child let alone a bunch of them. Attempting to cheer up the mood, she spoke, “Well, though I can’t adopt you all, how about I come around here whenever I can so I can read you all new stories.” The kids’ faces brightened up as that was said, as she simply stood up. “I’m afraid I’ll have to take my leave as it’s soon turning dark. But I’ll come back in the morning to treat you all okay?” The kids bobbed their heads and responded with ‘yes’. Once all was done, she handed the book back towards the girl before making her way to the matron. Once a little chat was had, she’d take her leave back into the streets of the slums.
[1,604/500]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum