Name: Prison of Water and Ice
Tier: A
Cost: 40/20
Element: Water (With Ice Sub element)
Class: Supplementary
Range: 40 meters
Duration: 5 posts
Cool-Down: 7 posts
Description: The user calls upon the water that is in the area and creates a sphere of water that is up to 25 meters in diameter, which can be controlled and formed into any shape the user would like. The water is turned into ice, and may be compressed and pressurized. This spell's creation may move at a speed of up to 25m/s at the behest of the movements of the user's wand, and may move in any direction within 40 meters of the user. A B tier fire spell can melt the ice and destroy the prison. This spell Freezes opponents caught within for up to 5 posts. This spell may be sustained within 4 posts after the first in order to reform any structural damages that may take place during that time with water from the environment.

Last edited by Garret on 22/08/14, 11:45 pm; edited 5 times in total

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

pre-approved for training~

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved for Training, but you are too late to bring this in the dungeon with yourself.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

:o 
So sad. I didn't even realize that it was like that, but then I read the rules for it and face-palmed. It's fine though, I would never want a rule to be bent just because somebody didn't realize what rules were in place. It's the fault of the person who didn't know the rule for not reading thoroughly.
Heroic 

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Just noticed this, but you have to choose between freezing all the water or just freezing an outer layer. Please pick one and edit it. That being said, the training is approved so as soon as your edits are approved you can add this to your vault.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Very sad. I hope you don't mind that I added a mechanic in there for if the ice is being melted. It should be understood that if you melt ice it would turn to water, but I feel that if I don't put that in there it won't work that way lol. Of course, when fire spells are used against ice they are considered a tier higher, so you would step it up for that. But that's already covered in the rules, so I felt it would be unnecessary to re-write it in.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adding the mechanic doesn't really make sense as if someone is frozen inside the sphere, they wouldn't be able to cast any fire magic in the first place.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

To be completely forward with you, I am also intending on using State Transmutation in concert with this spell in the future in order to melt the interior of the ice and fill it with water, while sustaining the spell so that it reforms an outer layer of ice in order to maintain structural integrity.

However, there is more reasoning than that behind the mechanic:

Since the spell, before it is actually frozen, can be formed into different shapes, it should potentially have the opportunity to create a cage instead of a solid ball of ice. This is why I said 'may effectively Freeze' in the post, as in the user may choose to go full blown and freeze them, or hold back and not do so. If this is not the case, that's fine, but there is still one other type of situation to consider.

If you cannot 'hold back' when casting a spell or using an ability, let me know. I remember hearing from somewhere that it was possible to, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that I may have heard it out of context.

The other situations to keep in mind are ranged spells that don't have an effect until they have gotten to their chosen spot, as well as sustained effects. These could potentially cause melting from the interior.

EX.
Heat, C tier heat spell; the user sends magoi to a point 20 meters away that radiates heat in a 10 meter diameter sphere, dealing C tier damage to anything it touches.

Or

Body Heat, D tier heat spell; the user casts the spell on them and everything in a 2.5 meter radius takes D tier heat damage from the heat that radiates outwards from him. May be reformed and sustained for 3 posts by expending 5 magoi.

And the spell is cast before he gets into the sphere, which since he doesn't have to actually recast, he can simply sustain. Causing C tier melting of the ice.
^-Maybe I misunderstand sustaining, though, in the event that you need specific bodily functions in order to sustain. If this is the case, please let me know, as I would like to keep it in mind for when I run any A tier missions.

Yes, in all likelihood the chances of such spells being created and used in this context are slim, however I would prefer to have a temporarily unnecessary mechanic as opposed to a mechanic I could have had in the event of such a possibility.

Maybe somebody will use it to their advantage, like some D tier guy comes up and he can't break his B tier friend out of the ice prison, but he can melt enough of the ice on the inside to allow the dude an opportunity to destroy the prison. It's a risk/reward mechanic, I suppose.

Also bump for making it an AOE.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

There is another problem I've come to realize and its that if a fire spell isn't strong enough to beat your ice magic spell it shouldn't melt it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2KTlPBLSpU#t=35

That being said, you can still use your state transmutation spell on your own magic.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Sweet.

Final bump for great justice?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sorry, forgot this still needed approval....APPROVED!
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Prison of Water and Ice
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Cost:[/b] 40/20
[b]Element:[/b] Water (With Ice Sub element)
[b]Class:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] 40 meters
[b]Duration:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Cool-Down:[/b] 7 posts
[b]Description:[/b] The user calls upon the water that is in the area and creates a sphere of water that is up to 25 meters in diameter, which can be controlled and formed into any shape the user would like. The water is turned into ice, and may be compressed and pressurized. This spell's creation may move at a speed of up to 25m/s at the behest of the movements of the user's wand, and may move in any direction within 40 meters of the user. A B tier fire spell can melt the ice and destroy the prison. This spell Freezes opponents caught within for up to 5 posts. This spell may be sustained within 4 posts after the first in order to reform any structural damages that may take place during that time with water from the environment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum