Road to Commerce

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Road to Commerce Empty Road to Commerce 30/10/23, 03:23 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Info:

Zubaidah had come to an important realisation after talking with Rafi. She was no longer needed in Tisifun. That was not to say the Amakh capital had no problems anymore. Of course not! But it was solving those problems at such a fast rate that it would be unsurprising if there were none. Rafi had solved Tisifun’s problem of lawlessness with the Sariten courthouse. Achaemens had solved the problem of Tisifun’s isolationism by refurbishing the Rostam road. Collia had solved Tisifun’s problem of dwindling Nazairi coffers with his own investments. Battutah had solved Tisifun’s problem of leadership by taking the reins himself.

But what problems did that leave Zubaidah to solve?

Not that she was complaining. Of course not! Why would she complain about not having problems? Well, she had made her life about solving them. so maybe she was complaining slightly? After all, she had only been recuperating for little over a month, and somehow all these problems had been solved in that short span of time. Without her. They had taken on problems which she had considered for weeks, months, years even, and solved them in just a fraction of that time.

You getting jealous, girlie? I’m not sure… Did you say you’re not sure? You said that? Are you feeling alright? Hmm, that’s not jealousy. You’ve experienced jealousy a fair amount, and this doesn’t feel like that. I didn’t think I was that much of a jealous person - You’re scared, that’s all. Scared you’ll be left behind. Scared that you don’t have anything left to give. Kekeke, that’s why you’re down in the dumps?! Don’t laugh at that! But it’s so goddamn hilarious! You think you’ve got nothing left to give? That’s the most ridiculous piece of bollocks I’ve ever heard! I chose you because you always had something new knocking around in that noggin of yours.

You’ve just gotta think harder!

-----

I am impressed with your forward-thinking in this issue, lady Mansur. As a result, I have contacted the Isidora merchant guilds and acquired further funds for your project. I believe that these funds will allow you to expand your current framework across a much larger area - and ensure the Toad workforce is well-paid for their efforts.

All the best,
Pedar Natakas

As she finished reading his letter, Zubaidah delivered the good news to the foreman Kihya, relieved that her proposal was so well-received. Ever since she had realised that Tisifun no longer needed her, Zubaidah had broadened her horizons to the wider Parthevian issues. She might not be needed in Tisifun itself, but she was certainly needed elsewhere. This had inspired her to put together a project spanning across all of Parthevia, namely the construction of artery-roads. So far, there was just the one major road by which all Parthevian trade was conveyed, being the Rostam road, which had recently been refurbished by Achaemenes and company. But that ignored all the other towns in Lamet and Saffat which were not served by this road running from Amakh to Isidora. As such, Zubaidah had decided to create artery-roads which would connect the Rostami trade all across Parthevia. After all, her problem had been that she had limited herself and her thinking to Tisifun. But Parthevia?

That was something much bigger than one city.

mag: 390/390 | word: 550 | stam: 390/390

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum