Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Frozen Flora
Tier: B-Tier
Class: Body Manip
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Self
Requirements/Drawbacks: Body Manipulation, Spriggan Physiology Dungeon Beast Trait, Self-Contained Echosystem Trait, Menat must "plant" herself by inserting her roots into the ground from either her hands or her feet.
Scaling: Defense
Sustain:
Cool Down: 3 posts
Cost: 30 Stamina, 15 to sustain
Description:
    Planting her roots into the ground or directly into a source of water Menat absorbs the necessary nutrients and water in order to allow flowers to bloom across her entire torso and head. These flowers are a hybrid creation of Menat's own design combining the aspects of the best fire resistant flowers possible. The high water storage capabilities of the Ice Plant and Aeonium with the slow ignition point of Lavender. These flowers, ranging in colors from gradients of pinks to deep violets create an additional layer of armor for the girl against fire based attacks and effects. Due to this instead of fire dealing an additional tier of damage to her as per her Spriggan King Physiology trait it instead deals normal damage tiers. Additionally, because of the high volumes of water the Ice Plant and Aeonium flowers are capable of  this ability also serves Menat to store water for herself in the event she happens to be in situations and locations where water is hard to come by or extremely scarce. This amount of water equals to roughly 60% of her entire body's volume worth. The flowers last for 4 posts or until burned away or destroyed. Whichever comes first. The scaling of this ability caps at A-Tier.

Note: I know it sounds made up but the Ice Plant is a legit real life flower.

Last edited by Menat on 30/06/23, 01:31 am; edited 1 time in total

2New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 27/06/23, 07:13 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2 Approved
Code:
[center][b]Frozen Flora[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B-Tier
[b]Class:[/b] Body Manip
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary/Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Self
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Body Manipulation, Spriggan Physiology Dungeon Beast Trait, Self-Contained Echosystem Trait, Menat must "plant" herself by inserting her roots into the ground from either her hands or her feet.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage Absorption
[b]Sustain:[/b]
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina, 15 to sustain
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]Planting her roots into the ground or directly into a source of water Menat absorbs the necessary nutrients and water in order to allow flowers to bloom across her entire torso and head. These flowers are a hybrid creation of Menat's own design combining the aspects of the best fire resistant flowers possible. The high water storage capabilities of the Ice Plant and Aeonium with the slow ignition point of Lavender. These flowers, ranging in colors from gradients of pinks to deep violets create an additional layer of armor for the girl against fire based attacks and effects of B-Tier damage or lower. Additionally, because of the high volumes of water the Ice Plant and Aeonium flowers are capable of  this ability also serves Menat to store water for herself in the event she happens to be in situations and locations where water is hard to come by or extremely scarce. The flowers last for 4 posts or until burned away or destroyed. Whichever comes first.[/list]

3New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 27/06/23, 01:39 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

just a few clarifications.

I'm assuming you mean defense for the scaling with it capping at A-tier, if so then alright. I see that you have a racial weakness against fire. If hit with a fire-based attack, instead of a high tier, it'll hit for neutral right? Thats fine. But with the body of water that you are storing, how much are you actually holding upon the usage of this ability? in proportion to your size? More or less a mundane amount?

4New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 29/06/23, 01:19 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Initially the intended idea was to eliminate the fire damage altogether with the stored water while lowering the amount of damage taken by whatever impact destroyed the flowers and making her harder to set on fire in general. I can work with just eliminating the double damage of fire based damage and making it just straight tier damage if that's what you're saying.

As far as the amount of water stored goes I hadn't expected that to be much of a concern since it was literally contained within the leaves of flowers and they were assumed to be just basic sized flowers. Doing more research into the real world flowers I used to create these hybrid crossbreeds the only thing I found was that the Ice Plant actually goes as far as storing water over the surface of the plant as well and can hold up to 25% of the entire flower's volume in water. Aeonium are drought-resistant so they clearly store water well but I can't find statistics on how much a single plant can contain at max. Lavender is just more difficult to ignite when its kept moist so that doesn't really matter in this case. I'd suppose logically I'd say given how much of her body can be covered by the ability at this tier she can retain about 60% of her overall body's volume worth of water in the plants since it leaves her arms and legs uncovered right now.

5New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 30/06/23, 01:08 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

if you want elimination or immunity, it would have to be dedicated to a damage type, to blocking only that type. Some portions of the ability would have to change. The fact that I'm allowing it to be neutral is me keeping an open mind with your ability, but you can't push for it anymore. Fire damage is treated as neutral if you use this specific ability to protect yourself.

In regards to the water, that's fine. I didn't want a giant river appearing out of nowhere. just note that the scaling caps at A-tier and put within the description that fire damage is treated like any other ability during the usage of this move so others can understand the actual mechanic in full when u use it.

6New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 30/06/23, 01:32 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Requested edits made.

7New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 30/06/23, 01:33 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

2/2 good to go

8New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 30/06/23, 02:33 am

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Gonna use a voucher from my vault for this

9New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 02/07/23, 02:23 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

i took the liberty of deducting the voucher from the vault, ur down to 3 A-tier vouchers.

Approved and ready to go, add the ability to ur vault

10New Menat Ability Empty Re: New Menat Ability 06/07/23, 02:00 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

sorry endolf, ur back to 4 vouchers for A-tier and down to ur last voucher for b tier

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum