You are not connected. Please login or register

Answers at the Summit [Silva]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Answers at the Summit [Silva] 27/05/23, 04:39 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Answers at the Summit:

Sir Kaida,

I must thank you for your assistance in locating the lost armour from the Hinamoto vault. I have informed the lord Hinamoto that they have been found - and lady Manami has granted permission that you may return them to the Hinamoto shrine atop Mount Raiji. She believes that you are worthy of this sacred task and sent help from the Hinamoto clan in ascending - and following the Yoryudou traditions in honour of the kami  who make Mount Raiji their home. I must thank you again on behalf of all my colleagues from the Hinomoto vault and wish you good luck in this endeavour.

Many thanks
Isshiki Sojirou

That is how Silva found himself below the snow-dusted ridges of Mount Raiji, faced with the first of many cherry-coloured torii gates. He would have been guided here by a Hinamoto servant under Manami’s employ, left beside the Yoryudou shrine which Kinan pilgrims frequented as the first stop on their journey up the sacred mountain. He could see Kinan citizens wearing all colours of loose-fitting robes, the variety of colour evidence that they hailed from different clans, but all prayed at the Yoryudou shrine regardless of their clan’s favoured sect.

It was truly magnificent in size, this tawny shrine, able to accommodate dozens inside its oaken halls, whilst crowds in the hundreds milled about outside. Dragons were intertwined in a frieze above its open doors; and the panels displayed pastoral-scenes with lions preying upon bulls whilst monkeys pranced about hot springs. In fact, the entire shrine seemed a moving artwork; the dragons undulating in the sunlight with a swarming motion as if flying across the wooden doors.

As he looked around, however, Silva would notice that someone familiar was admiring the Yoryudou shrine nearby. Dressed in mustard-coloured robes, unflattering with his fluorescent pink-red hair, was Yazai Koemon. Gesturing towards Silva, he would secretly communicate with the former assassin using a globally-recognised form of thieves cant: Are you the rat scrambling the encounter for a piece of scum? After a second or two, Koemon would cough a little, blushing redder than his hair, and repeat the message in thieves cantt: Are you the fat man crying out banter for a log of lumber? Hanging his head low, now evident that he had failed to pull off the message in thieves cant, Koemon would sidle up to Silva and discreetly whisper:

Are you the cat climbing the counter for a glass of rum?

Yazai Koemon:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva would carry the three sets of armor up the mountain using his combat form. It was the easiest way for him to transport such a heavy load, putting them all onto a cart that he would pull himself. It was hard work but it would not take long for the the muse of the sound to complete this task.

He would take a short break at the shrine taking time to admire the magnificent architecture. His goal was to uncover a secret and recover a long lost suit of armor that belonged to the Hinamoto clan that he was intertwined with.

However, this task would be put on hold as a man appears before him. Silva would find him to be of great interest and would try to meet his enthusiasm, striking a pose of his own, flexing his muscles. "Yes it is i! I am here to return the armors of the Hinamoto and discover the secret behind them. Pray tell, who are you my eccentric young friend?"

Gear:

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he watched Silva strike his own pose, Koemon would look flustered for a moment, his cheeks blushing even darker in absolute embarassment, “Don’t you remember me?!” As if he had all but forgotten about his previous covertness, Koemon shouted back in frustration, “I’m the world-renowned thief who you took one of those sets of armour from!” Ignoring the dirty looks from the Yoryudou bystanders, Koemon would raise his hands in what seemed to be his signature pose, “Yes, that’s right! You know my name! So say it together with me!

THE ONE!

THE ONLY!

YAZAAAAAAI KOEMON!

As he broadcast his name around the Yorudou shrine, Koemon received rounds of uncertain applause, with most onlookers assuming he was some sort of street-performer. As the applause died down, however, the Hinamoto guards began to look back and forth between Koemon and a poster pasted onto the shrine walls until…

Hey, isn’t that the man on this wanted poster!” “Oh…” “I think you’re right!” “Damn…” “Then what’re you standing around for! Get him!

Silva? I think we better run!

Panic covering his face, Koemon would grab Silva’s sleeve and attempt to drag him past the cherry-coloured torii gate leading towards Mount Raiji’s summit, “Just follow me and I swear I’ll explain on the way! I mean, miss Manami put me up to this, you know? One thing she made clear though is that I can’t be caught else her reputation will be dragged through the mud. And believe me, if I get caught, I will be dragged through more than just mud!

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva was a bit confused, he honestly did not remember this flamboyantly dressed thief. "I am sorry young Koemon, I have found it hard to remember faces at this older age of mine now. I am in my 70s finally" He seemed proud about this fact before they had gotten the attention of the hinamoto guards.

The golden child of Kina felt that he would be fine but at the mention of Manami facing backlash he would increase in musculature, his top tearing a bit as he suddenly picks up the thief in his arms and starts sprinting at speeds a bit lesser than a grown fanalis. "Tell me everything and leave nothing out. I want to know every word Manami-swan said and do no deviate from her words" He seemed more focused on Manimi and what she had to say then the guards chasing them.

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Voice wobbling with confusion when Silva picked him into his newly-muscled arms, Koemon could only manage a weak outburst in response at first, “What do you mean by you’re seventy?! I’m in my forties and you look much younger than me! How in Naraka’s hells could you be - ” He was quickly interrupted as several guards started to lob their spears at them in frustration, unable to catch up due to Silva’s immense and surprising speeds, “Kami be damned, I get that this is clearly not the time or place to question that! As long as you just keep running up those steps, and get away from those pesky guards, I’ll tell you everything I know. They sure as hell won’t be able to catch up with you at these speeds…

Umm, so what did you ask again? Oh, what miss Manami asked from me, right? Well, it was a bit of a confusing request, you see. I used to work as one of her spies in the other clans, stealing kami’s relics, clan-related regalia, magical tools and the like. Well, until lord Akihiko took over and laid off all us spies, except for the oiran, just so he could prove his friendship with the Big Six was the real deal. I was given a handsome pension, but old habits die hard. When I heard the Hinamoto vault had been broken, I just had to nosy on down and see what was inside. In retrospect, I should’ve guessed that Manami would’ve anticipated that. After you took the armour back from me, she sent a letter telling me that she knew I had taken one of the Hinamoto armours from the vault. If I didn’t help you rehouse the other armours, she’d send me to jail for everything I'd done. All that hassle just to get these armours up to the Hinamoto shrine at Raiji’s summit…

Sighing as he looked towards snow-capped Mount Raiji, Koemon looked more impressed than scared as he recounted Manami's instructions, “She really is one scary woman...” Seeing that the Hinamoto guards had been left far behind, Koemon's voice had returned to its usual carefree tone, almost grinning as he whispered under his breath, “Guess you need a scary man to match up, eh?

Silva and Koemon have outrun the Hinamoto guards with ease, beating the first obstacle. As they progress up Mount Raiji, passing under each red-beamed gate, they will notice the mountain air becoming thinner and colder until they spot a fork in the stone-cut steps. If he asks Koemon which direction he should follow, Silva will find out that he has no idea. If he chooses the right, he will arrive in a small shrine looking all but abandoned, adorned with a golden dragon on top, which he may investigate, finding a massive gold-covered Buddha statue inside. If he chooses the left, he will find himself at a large hall fashioned like a traditional dojo, but with no one inside, just some swords broken and littered on the ground.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

As soon as they seemed to be quite a bit away from the pursuers, silva would put down the thief and spy. He would return to his normal size, reducing his muscular combat mode. This was mostly due to the air becoming thin and his larger body requiring more oxygen to fuel his body.

"Trust me my friend, i am not that scary. I am just a teacher and a courtier. He would reply before they came to the split in the road. He would look at the thief who did not seem certain on where to go so he would simply choose the first path.

He would soon find himself at a small shrine and would look around. Places like this were most likely one hot spots for pilgrimages and worshipers of old gods. And here was a statue of some kind of large, rotund god. He did not know who this being was but he would pay his respects regardless.

The old man would join his hands together and bow his head before the god before giving an offering of a coin. "Thank you for letting me intrude on your shrine today and please give me guidance on this journey

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he placed his coin inside the shrine’s donative bowl, Silva would hear the sound of faint applause echo from behind him, revealing a black-haired man with a khakkhara staff, “Kami are not oft enough respected in these modern times. That thou hast granted them coin without even knowing their names deserves thanks from myself and the Kannagara.” Watching how Silva would react closely, this man in priestly robes would place a slender finger on his chin and question, “Mine apologies, but hast I yet introduced myself?

Frantically bowing his head, Koemon would look back and forth between Silva and this priest-like man with even more confusion than ever, “No apologies needed, reverend sir! Who hasn’t heard of you?!” “Thou need not bow thine head, dear Koemon. Thine words speak highly of my office, but this man mayhaps doth not know it. Mine name be Hirabayashi Kazuki, but thou wouldst best know me as the High Priest.” He would bow rigidly, offering his hand towards Silva, “Dost thou - no…” And then his tongue twisted, “Hath thou - not that…” And twisted even more, “Doth thou…” Until his tongue entirely unfurled…

UGH, KAMI DAMMIT, WHY DO I HAFTA SPEAK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME!

Umm…” “Are you alright, reverend sir?” “I’m pretty embarrassed that you guys had to witness that…” “No, not at all! Well, I mean, I say that. But uhh, what just happened?!” “Oh, lemme introduce myself again:

My name’s Hirabayashi Kazuki of the Hinamoto’s Kannagara sect. You might understand that better if I called myself the new ‘High Priest’, but that title’s got some bad vibes ever since the last one allied with the Red Lotus. And, you know, destroyed the Hinamoto vault. Sorry for that little outburst, I’m still adjusting to the new position. I took over the title cos the last guy was killed during the Red Lotus incident, so I’m now the one in charge of making sure that you’re able to get inside the old Hinamoto shrine, courtesy of lady Manami. I mean, technically it’s against the rules made by the Four Pillars for someone other than them to go inside the shrines at the peak of Mt Raiji, but I’m one of the Pillars, so I’ll just play that card if worse comes to worst. That sound good?” Whether they agreed or not, Kazuki would twirl his khakkhara staff like a showman and take the lead, moving out of the snow-dusted temple and further onwards, “Now then, if you’ll follow me, I’ll show you where the shrines are! Any questions?

Hirabayashi Kazuki, the God-Revered:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva would once again find himself in the presence of quite a unique individual. This priest who talked in an old way of speaking, welcomed the thief and the teacher. Seeing Koemon bow in front of the man, he would follow suit giving a deep bow to the High Priest. "You honor me too much high priest. I am just doing my duty to those who have watched over me since birth. Even forgotten gods deserve honor and respect. I had heard once that gods fade out of existence without those who believe in them and as someone with a similar fear i do my best to keep them around."

Soon the priest would cease talking in the way he had been and SIlva couldn's help but chuckle at this. Why did these two men with him insist in talking in such a manner just to drop it half way through?

"yes i had the oppurtunity to meet your predecessor before the end. You seem to be doing a grand attempt at filling in the role however! I do appreciate greatly the help you both are giving an outsider such as myself."

Before anything else is said he would turn to Koemon I dont have the power to reinstate your old position or forgive you of your crimes as a thief but i can offer you a position with me. See i have an idea of building a school in this land eventually and you seem quite experienced"

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

You’re right. Well, at the very least, those kami’ve been watching over me since I was born. It’s why I was chosen as the High Priest, you know.” As he followed behind Kazuki, Silva would spot another set of stone-cut steps within the snow, winding around the back of the dragon-ornament shrine. “Maybe it was the kami who sent you here too, huh?” With a knowing smile, Kazuki would walk ahead of Silva and Koemon, casting a near-inaudible spell through his khakkhara staff in order to illuminate the steps. It seemed that the light dusting of snow atop Mt Raiji was gradually becoming thicker and thicker, covering their footsteps after a few seconds. “Ain’t that’s a little weird? The forecast from the kami said it’d stay light. Well, I guess even their forecasts can sometimes be off, eh…

While Kazuki muttered to himself, Koemon would consider Silva’s request with a long hmmmmmmm, “I don’t know if I can say yes to you yet. Not that I don’t want to join you, not at all! But, well,  I am still being blackmailed by miss Manami, you know.” Suddenly he crouched down, staring into snow-white skies with an intense expression as another hmmmmmmmmm came out until… “I suppose you could somehow get rid of all the dirt she has on me? Then I would be free to do whatever without fear of, well, one of the Big Six coming to put me in jail - or worse. Don’t get me wrong, I love miss Manami! Buuuuut she also has blackmailed me into dangerous situations about a dozen or so times over the past decade. On the other hand, being able to retire and teach? Well, that sounds like a sweet deal. I’m so tired of running around the country like a headless chicken. I just want to settle down somewhere…

As soon as Koemon said that, Kazuki would hold out his hand to stop them, pointing towards some silhouettes looming over them from Mt Raiji’s peak, “We’re pretty much here. As you can see, those’re the two ancestral shrines of Kina’s founding fathers: On the left’s the burial-place for the Hanamo shogunate, known now as the Morihana. On the right’s the one for the Yamato, but theirs was pretty much taken over by the Hinamoto. Since you weren’t born here in Kina, you might not’ve heard about the Yamato, but they’re a staple of any Kinan bedtime story. They supposedly found the entire country back in the mythical past, and the Hinamoto have claimed their blood’s the same. Who knows, maybe it’s even true?” Looking behind them all shiftily, however, he would quickly correct himself, “Uhh, I mean, of course it’s true! Do you think they believed that? Ugh, nevermind, that’s not important! Just take this key here. It’ll get you through the front door, but you’ll have to figure out the rest.” With one more glance behind them all, Kazuki would hastily bow towards them before rushing back down to the dragon-ornament shrine.

Uhh, why did the reverend Kobayashi suddenly ditch us like that? I gotta say, this really doesn’t leave a good feeling in my mouth… You absolutely sure we should continue?

You can see the Yamato, or Hinamoto, shrine at the very peak of Mt Raiji. The snow has started falling heavily, obscuring any features on either the Hanamo or Yamato shrines, save the massive cherry-red doors which bar entrance. On the Yamato shrine is the distinct insignia of the Hinamoto clan; the lotus flower. It seems oddly familiar and unusual to see that this lotus is coloured crimson, unlike the black lotus which Akihiko usually associated with himself. Regardless, if you decide to use the key which Kazuki gave you, you can easily find the keyhole.

However, you will find the inside is completely bare, save the richly-decorated walls which shows a mythical scene which includes a dragon, a monkey, a bear, an ox, a lion, a deer and a horse all surrounded by lotus flowers. On the roof, you can see three lotuses, the first coloured red, the second green and the third orange. And, of course, a familiar riddle hangs on the wall:

"On their brows are sweat and blood
But splayed above their head,
The arcing crests like bronze half-moons
Shall wake the ancestral dead."

Armour Designs:

10Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 10/08/23, 08:20 pm

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The aged magician would not to the thief and spy "I cannot make promises but i will try to talk to Manami about helping you out." He would say before bowing to the Priest, saying farewell to the man who had done so much to help them today.

He would go to the Yamato shrine and see that is was rather sparse inside besides for a couple of decorations. He would see the lotuses and decide to place the armor's next to them according to the colors. Lion with the orange, deer with the red and the monkey with the green. He wasnt sure what to do but this would be a good start he feld

11Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 13/08/23, 03:50 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he looked around the Hinamoto shrine, Silva would decide to position the three armours around the main hall according to the colour and animal related with them. Waiting for a few seconds, however, he could neither see nor hear any changes - save the snowstorm growing stronger atop Mt Raiji. As he wondered what to do, Koemon would begin knocking on the animal-decorated walls, pressing his ears against them, before he realised something massive,

These walls aren’t entirely solid! It sounds like there’s an entire locking mechanism here! But how do we activate it, hmm?

When he positioned the armours near the decorative animals, Silva would have noticed that each animals was incribed with a trigram pattern, similar to all the magic tools he had encountered in Kina, including his Makuuchi Braid. He was one step away from solving the riddle!

12Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 13/08/23, 06:24 pm

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

He would wait and see that nothing had happened. He had missed a step somewhere and was not sure where to go from here until his assistant had mentioned the bit about the walls. He would look closer at the animals and notice about the symbols inscribed into them. He would reach up and try feeding his magoi into the monkey, lion, and the deer to see what, if anything would happen.

As he was doing this he would look at the colorful Koemon and speak "Best be prepared for the unexpected. There could be a spell or some kind of protector here ready to attack."

13Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 14/08/23, 07:10 am

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

When he poured magoi into the gold-inked trigrams, Silva would finally hear something click within the walls, with Koemon giving him a thumbs-up. That would soon turn into a thumbs-down, however, when a booming crack came from the ceiling. As the sound of cogs whirred audibly, the ceiling began to slowly lower itself onto their heads, “Did you pick the wrong order or something?!” As he looked around, Koemon began to panic and head towards the exit, just as they snapped closed onto him, “Kami dammit, how do we get out now. Ah, the lotuses are red, green, orange in that exact order! Do those colours mean anything to you?

Trigram:

14Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 15/08/23, 11:54 pm

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva would start to become annoyed slightly by this trap that the duo had accidentally triggered. He would transform once again and prepare to try to overpower the trap if he needed to. He would hear Koeman speak once more and would shrug "I am not sure. It is probably the order taht they were made. I know the deer was the first i believe." With this being said he would perform the act of feeding the animals magoi once again but this time in what he was hoping the correct order was. Deer, monkey and then the lion for the last. Maybe this would do the trick

15Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 19/08/23, 07:08 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Silva could hear something rattle within the walls when he poured his magoi into the deer, monkey and lion decorated around the Hinamoto shrine, sounding like the machinery was changing direction. As they waited, however, the ceiling did not cease its descent, “You did it right, didn’t you?! Why isn’t anything happening? C’mon, kami gimme this one thing, I don’t wanna die yet!” As if his prayer had been granted, the wooden floor split open and revealed a hidden staircase branded with the Hinamoto lotus.

Koemon would hesitate from entering when familiar blue-tinged lights spilled forth, however, provoking memories of the Kambutsu festival in Silva. Even if it has been months since the Red Lotus incident, it would be difficult to forget the blue wire-like fibres which had encircled the staircase into the Hinamoto vault. And the same wire-like fibres which now twisted around the staircase into the Yamato sanctum like blue-eyed snakes. As he shuddered involuntarily, and watched Koemon do the same, Silva would have to make a split-second decision: Was it worth following these blue-coloured wires down into the Yamato sanctum?

If he decided that it was truly worth it, then Silva would descend the spiral staircase, feet crunching on bone-white steps. A blue energy coursed through the wires in the walls like blood running red through veins, humming gently as they flowed downwards into the depths below. However, as they descended deeper, the wires’ humming became faint whispers, You were supposed to keep your political leaders in line… I am here to request an audience with our king… Why must you people return to cause us more pain? As the voices melded together in Silva’s mind, becoming a vague hiss, he could hear a few conversations loud and clear, only able to focus on one of them before they all faded into a long hissssssss.

After what seemed like an eternity, Silva finally reached the bottom of this otherworldly staircase, now aware of conversations to which his ears would otherwise not be privy. But somehow he was greeted with a sight more strange and fantastical than anything he had seen in Kina. He had arrived inside another shrine, similar to the Hinamoto shrine above, but suspended above a massive chasm under Mt Raiji.

The Yamato Sanctum:

If he looked past the paper-thin windows, he could even see what looked like an underground city in the far-off distance, pagodas soaring towards the cavern ceiling like skyscrapers. Inside the shrine itself, identified as the Yamato sanctum through archaic Kinan script, was an ebony-black altar surrounded by a dozen or so sets of armour, each with an animal-like crest similar to those Silva bore. If he looked close enough, he would even notice that there was space for his three armours to be set down in order to finish the circle around this raised altar. And atop it lay his prize:

The gold-flecked armour of Yamato Jimmu, mythical founder of all Kina.

Yamato Jimmu's Armour:

You have reached the Yamato sanctum, where your prize lies. Before you reach it, during your descent down the otherworldly staircase, you have the chance to listen in on a conversation from one of three people: Manami, Akihiko or Kazuki. You will learn info from them which will change your understanding of them as characters and their role in Kina and the world as a whole. Be careful who you choose.

When you arrive in the Yamato sanctum, you will notice that it full of dust and cobwebs, as if nobody has been here for a while, with the only objects in here being the circle of proud armours around the raised altar. Each set of armour has a plaque in front of it, with the name of the shogun who once wore it written there. You will notice that the empty places for your sets of armour have the names of Hinamoto Suzuku, Hinamoto Ieyasu and Hinamoto Toyohara. It looks like they were taken away from the vault at the same time, since the layer of dust beneath their vacant places is just as thick.

When you approach the central altar itself, however, you will realise that something has been placed next to Yamato Jimmu's armour: an altered Origami Caller. You recognise the familiar trigram-pattern which denotes a magical tool, and your training as a magician lets you identify the basic content fo this magic circle. Someone has left a message for whoever enters the Yamato sanctum.

And based on the magic tool's pristine condition, it was very recent.

Far-Off City in the Chasm:

16Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 23/08/23, 07:59 pm

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Before descending down the staircase that has appeared, Silva would quickly grab the suits of armor to carry them downwards. This was an act that he has done for two reasons. THe first was because it was his task to return them to their original resting place. On top of that he was worried the wall would stop and he did not want to lose the armors in such a manner.

AS the trailed down he would begin to go down the stairs he would begin to hear voices from some of the strands, the one he was attempting to court, her son, and the head priest they had just left behind. As much as he wanted to listen to manami he did not want to invade her privacy or her family's so instead he would focus on Kazuki the priest trying to learn what he was saying currently.

WHen the duo reached the bottom of the path he would be shocked to see an underground city. What purpose did such a place hold hidden away such as this? He didnt even hear any mentions of such a wonder in his time here.

SIlva would go inside the shrine, making a note to learn about the city later. Once inside he would go and place the armors where they originally belonged before going to the first set. He was intrigued by this since according to the message he believed this tradition was started by an emperor way after the founding of Kina. So what was the armor of the supposed first emperor doing here? He would approach slowly, worried of traps and try to read the message that seems to almost have been left for him

17Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 30/08/23, 07:37 am

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he descended, a few voices burrowed into Silva’s ears before he could shut them out,  “What are you saying? Do you mean that my daughter is still alive…” “War is brewing, and the Dakiniten will be the front-line…

But soon, Silva found that he was able to tune into Kazuki’s alone, “It’s good to see you again, Kazuki.” “And you, reverend Jiryu.” “Please, no need to call me that anymore. I lost any right to the title ‘reverend’ when I left Kina.” “But you’re here again, aren’t ya! Why don’t you come on back to the Kannagara? I mean, gotta say we missed you badly, ‘specially after the High Priest up and died.” “Ah, and that is why I cannot come back. I returned here only with the High Priest dead, after leaving you all with him for years. I have no right to assume the title ‘reverend’, or even a position in the Kannagara, when I would not help you against him myself.” “But - ” “You are a more worthy High Priest than he or I could ever be, reverend Kazuki.

The whispers faded into silence for a short while, before they soon hissed out another conversation between the same voices, “Did ya hear about the Nagatacho estate?” “I did indeed! I was surprised enough to hear that it was flying, much less still flying! Yes, quite the surprise, I must say.” “You’ll be more surprised to hear that it’s decided come to a stop in the Bodaze province!” “Is the Bodaze province not…” “Yeah, it’s the place where the High Priest had you raise that temple to Haage.” “Why would the Nagatacho estate alight over the place where I rose that Dungeon?

As he placed the Hinamoto armours in their original places, Silva would notice that there were no tricks or traps, just a simple click as several locks around Yamato Jimmu’s armour were released. Before he examined further, however, Silva had decided to listen to the modified Origami Caller, which would sound out the following:

Kkkkkkh!

I don’t know who’ll end up here, whether it’s you Manami or your paramour, but I’ve left this message because I know one of you will come. In case it turns out to be you Silva, let me introduce myself: This is the High Priest speaking! Well, if you’re being technical, I suppose I’d be the former High Priest. But anyways, you can call me Naran, since that’s the name I’ve taken now. Heh, never thought I’d have one of those for myself again!

So then, onto my point: I decided I’d leave one last message before leaving Kina for good. I wanted to tell you about the Hinamoto curse, or how I fabricated it. You might ask, ‘Why would you tell me that?’ If I’m honest, it’s just that I don’t like loose threads! I want to leave Kina with no strings attached, so I thought telling you might help with that.

Well then, why did I fabricate it? As you know, the Kannagara have maintained for generations that there is a curse on the Hinamoto’s children. All but the firstborn child are considered tainted, and must be handed away to the Kannagara. You lost your own children to this curse, Manami. Or rather, you lost your children to the High Priest in the name of this curse. But there was no curse; it was just an excuse. I acquired the Hinamoto’s children as test subjects. I needed to test my compatibility with them, so I might use them as potential vessels. You see, my body had grown old and weak, and in need of replacement. But what could be a better replacement than a Hinamoto child? At least, that was what I thought. Sadly, it turned out that none of them were compatible as vessels, neither yours nor your mother’s, so I turned to new test subjects. I realised that maybe I just needed to widen my scope, and brought in potential vessels from outside Kina. In fact, that’s how I received this body!

Oh, I think I’ve veered slightly off course here, haven’t I! So what did I want to say? Ah, yes, I remember. I wanted to tell you that it was never Sukune, Manami. You thought that your husband Sukune was the reason why your daughter had to be sent away? You feared that, since Akihiko was firstborn legitimately, Norahana would be sent away in the name of the curse. In fact, you even killed Sukune for that reason! Oops, spoiler alert for you, Silva! But no, it was always me. And you killed your husband for nothing.

Oof! Damn, was that good to get it all off my chest. Hmm, I don’t think I’ve anything else to say, do I? Nope, that’s pretty much it! Well then, if that’s it, I wish you all good health...

…and bid you adieu.

Kkkkkkh!

With that, you are left alone with Yamato Jimmu’s armour...

Do you choose to wear it?

18Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 06/10/23, 11:05 pm

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva could not believe the glimpses that he heard as he walked down the descending path. How, could both Manami's daughter be alive. He was sure she was killed by that new ruler in Helio. He would have to try to investigate this later. But what piqued his interested was the floating estate. He was interested in it for a while now but had no way of tracking it down. And now he knew where to look for it, he would just need to devise a way to get up there.

He would eventually make his way to the armor, surprised by the underground city, something else he would need to investigate further at another date. At the suit of armor he would find the letter on the armor and activate it. He was shocked to realize that the the daughter was not the only one to be living.

He would have to tell manami this and would grab the note to rush to her. First hough, he would don the armor because it would be quicker than carrying it and his goal was to present this to Aki after all. He would suit up before attempting to return through the way he came from.

19Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 21/10/23, 12:33 pm

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Silva would pick up Jimmu’ armour without any complications, donning it as he stared into Kina’s subterranean wonders. Koemon would look out at the underground Naraka with narrowed eyes, however, his mouth shut tight unlike before. It seemed that he was not keen on discussing whatever lay below the Yamato shrine, even if Silva had asked, “We got what we came for, huh? Well, let’s get back to Manami before she tries to extend my punishment again.” Ushering him up the staircase, Koemon seemed to veer away from the blue-tinted wires, grimacing as he heard their whispers. Whatever he heard was evidently different from what Silva had, but Koemon would not give him time to question, busying himself once they reached the top by fixing the mechanism which had earlier closed the entrance.

Once they had emerged outside the Hinamoto shrine, Koemon would spirit him down Mount Raiji without a word. As they passed behind the Yoryudou shrine at the bottom, however, he would begin speaking again as if nothing had happened, his eccentricities on full display, “Soooo… Gotta get to Hakyu, right? But we’re in the middle of nowhere! Well, you might be surprised to know that…” Tapping the back of a dragon statue behind the Yoryudou shrine, it would slide away to reveal a secret staircase. “Yeah, there’s a ton of these everywhere around Kina. We don’t have many ideas why, and not all of them are even documented, but us Hinamoto spies used to use them all the time. Why am I telling you this? Uhhhhhhhhh… Well, to be honest, I really shouldn’t be…

With a nervous gulp, Koemon would quickly shut up and just beckon for Silva to follow him down the staircase, which would promptly close itself. As they fumbled through the murky dark for a moment, Koemon would remember that he had a Heat talisman, conjuring a flame they could follow. Passing the time with idle chatter as they walked through the passages, Silva would soon spot an doorway which seemed suspiciously akin to the entrance into the Hinamoto palace. And, indeed, when opened, it led him and Koemon into the heart of Manami’s private court…

…where a Hinamoto attendant awaited them. Bowing towards them, she would guide them towards a spacious room, partitioned by a paper-latticed wall. As they approached a familiar voice greeted them from behind this wall, “Well done, Kaida. And you as well, Yazai. You have both done a great service for the Hinamoto in returning my ancestor’s armours to their shrine. I see, however, that you have taken one for yourself. Hehe, no need to look so worried, Kaida! I told the curator Isshiki Sojirou that it would be much safer with you. After all, nobody would expect Hinamot Manami to have given away the prized heirloom of the Hinamoto clan to some stable-owner, hmm? Do not worry, I am not saying that you are nothing more than a stable-owner. You have proven yourself exceptional in retrieving those armours. I expect great things from you, Kaida. And I look forwards to seeing you again.

But she only whispered the next part, “Hehe, and much sooner than you think!

You have finished the questline for the missing Hinamoto armour, and acquired Jimmu's armour in return! You may add seven points to the Doki-Doki counter.

Jimmu's Armour:

20Answers at the Summit [Silva] Empty Re: Answers at the Summit [Silva] 09/11/23, 09:43 am

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man could see on the face of Koemon that there was something that he knew and heard that he was not telling him. He of course would not pry or question the former intelligence officer since it was not exactly the business of an outsider such as Silva. This he knew. While he has done much in this land and has earned the love and respect of the people he was still just an outsider. That was something that may never change. But he was hopeful that some day he would truly become one of them.

He would chat about various things as their journey stretched out. Family, Silva's similar past to Koemon's, his time and adventures here in kina as well as out. Once they had arrived at the palace he would suddenly jolt out, giving the man a tight hug despite his frail appearance. "I have greatly enjoyed our sojourn together my friend! I do hope you will take me up on my offer of joining me in educating people as a teacher!"

He would turn to the attending and bow before then "yes, apologies of by exuberance in taking it without permission. I just saw a letter attached and decided it was best to keep the armor for now." He replied handing the woman the letter. "It may be hard for her but please bring this letter to Manami. I feel it is important that she does." He knew the potential heartbreak she will experience but this was not something he felt could be ignored. It was not Manami's fault about her daughter or husband, she was manipulated most her life by this man.

With this he would make his exit assuming nothing else is left to be done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum