You are not connected. Please login or register

Angelus' Tactics | Chapter I: A False Promise [Assignment]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In this torn land, where the north met the south, the lead soldier behind the Parthevian campaign sat deep within his seat. At his desk, he was to lick his thumb, before continuing to browse his catalogue of scouts. It was rather pertinent to the mission that he had the right man, for this plan of his relied on that. In the skies, the clouds were to darken. It hadn't rained for quite some time. However, now the skies were to shower the dry land with their weeping tears. It was time for the primus pilus of the legate to enact the first motion of his plot.

Upon the first moment of the rain starting to wet the dry soil, there was to be an envoy from one of the refugee carriages. Angelus let the envoy speak first, but the strategist knew what he would say before the envoy even came to him. In the path of the refugees, soldiers from Reim had decided to set up camp, with orders from the primus pilus to halt the flow of caravans. Instead of accepting those refugees, the soldier was to turn them back towards from which they came.

It was out of malice though, but rather, the plot Angelus had begun to lay out the strings for, so he could have his enemies fall within his sphere of control. It was not just mere simple orders of Angelus to turn them back, but rather, propose for the refugees to join the city near them, that city led by him, Ahmet. In his seat, he was to muse over the map of the region, gently rubbing his chin with a dark gaze on the city.

Angelus: "Ahmet.. Hm, Nerilla, bring me that new magician scout we recruited by the moniker, Levi."

A musing strategist said, his finger placing itself unto the piece of parchment paper with vigor. It was then that the ranger who was the right hand of Angelus was to reply with hesitancy within her voice.

Nerilla: "Huh? b-but we caught him with the bandits Angelu-"

A confounded Nerilla was to say before

Angelus: "I know. It is for that very reason Nerilla why I want him to lead this. I would like for you to bring him here. If we must conspire with the bandits to reduce the casualties on Reim's end, then we shall do just that."

However, the soldier was resolute within his choice. It was clear now why the lead centurion picked that man. Yet, still, Nerilla could not fully come to terms with the choice of her dear friend. It was hard to trust the likes of an ex-bandit.

Angelus: "I have further reasons too for my choice, I implore you to trust me here, Nerilla, my dear."

And with those words, his plan resumed.

In front of the tent of the primus pilus of the legion, his nerves could not help but come over him. It hadn't helped him when the ranger captain had a vexed voice with him. It made him uneasy. Levi had been reprimanded once before due to his connections with the desert bandits, perhaps the legion had found out he was conspiring last week with them to sneak stolen food.

Ah, no no, there was no way that they could have found out that he had done that. It may be true that Angelus was quite the genius, he did not have eyes on every person within the camp. In his roman military calilga boots, his feet were to shiver, he could not contain himself when staring face to face with the primus pilus. It must be done though. In a psyched-up state, taking a deep breath, the magician was to waltz up within the tent of the man.

Angelus: "Levi, we know you still have bandit contacts and snuck food. Alas, I've decided to task you with a string of missions to prove your fealty to me, Levi. However, fail and we will ensure you, your family, and everyone else we had welcomed to Reim from your caravan get reprimanded for treason. Levi, but succeed and I shall ensure you a piece of land for each of your family. Is that a deal, my friend.. ?"

A strict stoic centurion captain was to tell Levi.

Levi: "It is a deal.. but, what missions do you speak of.. ?"

Inquired the nervous man, trying to keep his cool.

Angelus: "I'd like you to first spread the word to the caravans we have been turning down that Reim will be closing their southern border temporarily. However, do guide the caravans to the city near here led by Ahmet, that ex-mercenary leader. It is our plan to pack their city with refugees until they can no longer receive them."

It shook Levi to his core what Angelus was doing, but he was to simply listen on.

Angelus: "From then on, we will have your bandits work together with our scouts to sneak our men within the city of Ahmet. If your bandits succeed, we will let them join our ranks to pillage the loot from the caravans we will later intercept once our men are within the city and find the ration storages. I wish to shed as minimal blood as we can, for we must keep our numbers strong. It is pertinent to me we convert the bulk of the Ahmet's forces to Reim forces. It will be a crucial step within our plan to dominate the region. If they object to join Reim, we will starve their men."

In utter shock, the magician stood there, his eyes wide.

Angelus: "I would like you and the other Parthevian defected scouts to promise the caravans that Ahmet and his people will feed them, so we can pack their city. It will be our goal to raze towns, near the city, pillaging their resources, to pack them even further, leaving them no place to run but Ahmet's city."

It was then that the primus pilus turned back to his map. In a calm tone, he was to lastly tell the man to begin his first task.

Angelus: "I say you ought to start now, Levi. I will personally help you with the capturing of the small towns and villages near the city when we reach that stage of the plan, my friend."

In the voice of his commander, the magician could extract that he was not playing, that he was not taking his foe lightly. It was obvious to Levi that the goals of his primus pilus were greater than previously thought, and he, a lowly magician refugee was being entrusted with crucial missions.

.. Levi was to take these missions earnestly..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum