A Match with Swords and Hearts [Silva/Tenma/Event Reward]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

THE KINAN CAPITAL

Lounging above the bustling Kinan capital, Akihiko pushed wide the palace windows onto Hakyu’s streets. In response, the morning sun painted squares of gold light upon his walls, making artwork from the shadows of peach-trees and tea houses. No artist mortal or divine could surpass that silhouette! Limned in dark blue against the yellow glow, the sunbeams painted stronger and fainter tones on the floor, changing in strength with day-time business. Indeed, as he watched the shadows fade and grow, Akihiko could only bemoan that he had not made the sun his court painter.

But there were more important issues at hand than painters and artwork, for Akihiko was hosting a private gathering within the Hinamoto palace. He had ushered nobles and warriors and foreign officials into Hakyu’s walls, showcasing the newly-rebuilt Kinan capital for them, but Akihiko was mostly interested in two individuals. On one hand was Silva Kaida, who had his mother Manami as his romantic interest. Ever since the new Shogun had closed Kina’s borders, Silva had been busied with sumo matches and Hinamoto politics, but Akihiko was certain that he would make time for Manami this afternoon. On the other was Mikazuki Tenma, whose strength caught the Hinamoto clan-head’s attention. As far as Akihiko was concerned, his sparring session with Yoshihiro’s warrior was the sole reason for this gathering within Hakyu.

And so, with the sun shining upon Kinan rooftops, a small procession of soldiers and statesmen weaved their way into the labyrinthine Hinamoto palace. Passing under gates decorated with stone youkai - some with heads of elephants and others with heads of lions - and through doorways lined with gold and silver, the procession came to a halt within a small garden of golden lotus-flowers. There was lovely Manami and Akihiko Hinamoto, newly-called Emperor, decked with his usual luxuries of jewels and beautiful women. Behind him, however, were nine beauties unseen within the Hinomoto entourage before this afternoon. Each was animal-eared as foxes or rabbits, as though Akihiko had made them wear some headband, but Silva and Tenma would both recognise these women as inhuman. As the clan-head Onigaku Amida saw them, they might even notice that a mononoke such as herself seemed surprised with their animal-like appearances - far different from the Morihana’s creations.

Whether they noticed or not, however, Akihiko would take centre-stage and welcome them all into the Hinamoto palace, “Dear guests from Kina and Kou, I welcome you back into Hakyu! It has been some time since the Hinamoto have entertained such an esteemed crowd within the palace, not since the Kambutsu festival, but I am proud that our refurbishments are now finished. As such, in celebration of this, I have asked you all here so that we might party much as we have done in times past. We are also here to celebrate two special guests, the famed Mikazuki Tenma and our very own Silva Kaida! But I am sure that we have many stories to share, and so I shall not keep you waiting for any longer! Although one toast for the Hinamoto would not go amiss, would it not?” As he raised his glass, all those in attendance raised theirs as well and cheered, "To the Hinamoto!" And once the cheers were over, the party was begun.

You are free to mingle however you like! Manami is waiting around the centre of the garden, while Akihiko is roaming about the party and talking with Kinan and Kounese officials. Silva may engage with Manami however he likes, just as Tenma can request his sparring session with Akihiko, but there will also be other characters such as Amida and the animal-eared women with whom you may engage! If you would like to converse with another Kinan character from the past event, feel free to mention them and I will include them as well!

The Animal-Eared Women:

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Left Dragon of Kou stood just in front of the Hakyu's wall, wondering what kind of party the new emperor of Kina would be hosting. Tenma remembered receiving a letter with imperial markings and when he read the content, he was surprised to read that the prince of Kina himself was inviting him to his mother's birthday. He wondered why he was inviited to such an important event, was it because he was the representative from Kou? But there must be more to it... and he would find out later when he attend the party.

Moreover... the general remembered how Akihiko wanted to have a spar and that actually made Tenma worried. His path to maintain the relationship between Kou and Kina was not easy after all... If he lost, Akihiko might think that he lost of purpose. If he won, the prince might be salty about it... Or what if he pretend that he forgot about it? With a sigh, Tenma would take time before the party to think more about it.

The one eyed man would reach a small garden after he passed under the gate that had a rather unique decoration, a statue in the form of youkai if he remembered correctly. He would notice both of the important person at the garden, Akihiko and Manami Hinamoto. As expected for the royal family to be holding such a luxurious party... and Tenma's eye would made its way towards the animal-eared women behind Akihiko.

When the new king made a toast and mentioned both Tenma and Silva, the Kou general nodded his head with respect before raising his glass to cheer for the Hinamoto. After he gulped down the glass, the swordsman would first make his way towards Silva since he should be the closest to him at the moment. Then, he would approach Akihiko to congratulate the king for his new role and also to wish Manami a happy birthday. "Congratulations, your majesty.  I wish Your Majesty a long and blessed reign, and the people and the Kingdom of Kine continued peace and prosperity." He beamed a bright smile towards the King before shifting his attention to the Empress Dowager. "I extend to Your Majesty, Empress Dowager, a cordial birthday greetings and best wishes for your continued happiness and well being."

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man would walk into the party with the other guests excited that he was invited back here after everything that had happened. Last time he was here his main focus was to rescue the former ruler and her son. Hopefully these festivities will go a lot smoother. He was nervous however, that they would be shocked by his new appearance since he looked exponentially younger and had golden hair and eyes now due to a dungeon he explored.

He would notice the kou warrior that he had worked with during the initial kina campaign and would smile and nod towards the one eyed man. He would then notice the women with the animal like ears, this would pique his interest as he heard that they made unique soldiers here but had not really seen them up close, also they seemed closer to dungeon beasts than anything.

He would spot Manami but would wait a few moments before talking to her. He wanted to find out more about these strange women first. He would walk up to them smiling, "Hello ladies, I am SIlva, magician and sumo instructor. I was curious about your appearances, are you all dungeon beasts by chance? Or is this some unique experiments from outside of this country? I heard that some of the clans work on strange beings but you seem a bit different." He would say hoping that he would not seem like just a man flirting with the pretty fox women to his hosts, aki and manami swan.

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

THE HINAMOTO GARDENS

Guests wandered around the Hinamoto gardens, entertained with Kinan delights. On one side were weathered statues from the Nagatacho estate, some kneeling in meditation and others holding lotus-flowers. On another were near-transparent ponds, all sorts of fish swimming within the glassy water. There were fish shaped like toy-kites and sword-blades, and fish that seemed to turn themselves inside out; Manami’s favourites were butterfly patterned, waving sleeve-shaped fins when they darted around. A small shrine was erected beside these ponds, decorated with blue-painted copper tiles. Kinan nobles were placing gifts and lit incense onto the altar inside; all wished for Manami’s well-being.

As Tenma passed his own wishes onto Manami, herself and Akihiko returned his bright smile. “I thank you, master Tenma. We have not forgotten your assistance during the Lotus incident. Without your sword, we would have lost many more lives than we did.” Nodding towards the Toh ambassador behind him, Akihiko took Tenma aside and grinned with child-like enthusiasm, “On the topic of ‘sword’ and all, Tenma mate, hope you haven’t forgotten your promise, right? I’m so excited to fight you, I can hardly keep mine sheathed!"

“Look who it is!" Away from Manami, Silva was being accosted with beautiful animal-eared women. “If it isn’t the mistress’ boytoy!" “Ooh, does she know he’s coming onto us as well!" “Stop that, girls! Have more respect for our mistress. I am sure that his interest is limited to our bodies." “Ooh, yeah, I’m sure it is!" Dragging him from the other women, however, one lady bowed towards Silva with awkward politeness. “Heed them not, sir Kaida. We are called the Dakiniten, maidservants of lord Akihiko. You are correct that we are not mononoke like the Morihana. We are blessed by the great kami Haage and have pledged ourselves to Akihiko as his vessel." “You make it sound so fancy!" “Yeah, I’m only here cos Aki loves me!" “But he loves me more!" Nuh uh, he - "

“If it isn’t Silva!" From the entrance came the familiar voice of Terao. “It has been far too long, my friend!" Striding past the animal-eared women, he picked up and wrapped Silva in a bear-hug. “I am guessing that you’re here for the lady Manami? If so, I would advise you not to remain around these women much longer. As much as they seem innocent and beautiful - " “Aww, you think so?" “These are the most formidable oiran, picked by Akihiko himself."

Akihiko has challenged Tenma to the long-awaited duel! You are free to refuse, however, and challenge him later. If you accept, Tenma may follow Akihiko out of the Hinamoto gardens to a pre-readied duelling ground. Terao has arrived for Silva, and more Kinan characters may arrive based on request!

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

Silva would look unabashed by what the Dakiniten were saying as he was focused more on having his questions answered than their teasing. "Sorry ladies but I only have eyes for Lady Manami Swan. Maybe when I was a few decades younger but those days are long past" HE would say jokingly before listening to what the other one was saying. What was a Kami? He was not familiar with this word but before he had a chance to ask he would be assaulted by the large man he had made friends with, the wandering sumo.

"Yahaha WHy if it isnt the wandering sumo Terao! How are you holding up good friend" He would return his hug before taking a step back still laughing. "why yes I am here to see the majesty but also have some other matters i was hoping to take care off but it looks like the Emperor is busy with matters of his own So that leaves you my friend. Have you thought of the offer I gave you, to join me and explore the world. You said before you cant advance really here so why not get a taste for what is outside?"

Mikazuki Tenma

Mikazuki Tenma
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The swordsman bowed his head towards Manami before responding to her humbly, "It is all thanks to the other mercenaries as well that we were able to reduce the casualties. Although I should apoligize, if only I was stronger then I think the damage could be avoided." Tenma was sincere, if it wasn't for the others helping to fix the situation at the Lotus Palace, the casualties might be more severe. It was unfortunate he didn't see the others here beside Silva who were bethroted to the Empress Dowager, but he was in no place to the reason behind that. He was grateful enough to be invited in this private party... although the words that came out from Akihiko's lips made him realize the reason why he was invited.

"He still remember about that, huh?"

Tenma knew he should choose his action wisely as this could affect the entire relationship between Kou and Kina. However, as a swordsman, he was curious about Akihiko's skill. Oh well, it seemed he didn't have any choices but to accept. He promised the Emperor to spar anyways and turning it down would be a shame to the bushido.

"There is no way I could forget about the promise, My Lord." Tenma beamed Akihiko with a bright smile, "I am very excited to spar with you. As a swordman, it is such an honor."

The swordman would follow Akihiko to the Hinamoto garden right after. He could feel the flame of excitement burning inside his heart. But he shouldn't get carried away...

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

THE HINAMOTO GARDENS

“I must say that I’ve followed Shou’s career over the past few months." Terao fiddled with his straw-woven belt, his name written on it with ink-black characters, “And your efforts with him have confirmed what I thought, my friend." He looked briefly towards Manami, bowing his head with utmost respect in his eyes, “I am not needed in the sport of professional sumo anymore. I understand now that my generation must allow those in Shou’s to raise sumo to greater heights. But being the highest ranked, myself and the current yokozuna Kenshin have been an obstacle in the new generation from revitalising our dying sport…"

As he glanced towards Manami again, Silva would catch her smiling gently back at Terao. “I renounce my position as ozeki!" Tearing off his makuuchi belt, Terao announced his intentions so that the entire Hinamoto party might hear them. “Ooh, ain’t that a surprise!" “I wonder how this will affect the upcoming sumo tournaments?” “Well, I just wonder how Kenny will react!” With one deep breath and a beaming smile towards Silva, Terao silenced the crowd with an even greater surprise: “I shall instead join Silva in spreading our sport to the outside world!"

AKIHIKO’S DUELLING GROUND

An attendant guided Tenma along a winding path, bushes and wizened trees shading the cobbles. Statues of fox-tailed yokai guarded them all the way through the Hinamoto gardens. Akihiko rushed ahead, making his way past cherry blossoms, until he halted before a massive torii gate. “Hope you don’t mind this little ritual." As the attendant brought Tenma over, Akihiko flashed a boyish smile and requested that they bow together in front of the ruby-coloured gate. We do this whenever we pass through one of these. We believe that a torii is like a gate into the kami’s world. That's why you can find one outside most dojos. Cos, you know, the kami love to watch a good duel."

As they entered Akihiko’s duelling ground, however, Tenma would realise that they were fully visible to the Hinamoto party. “There’s no backing down now, Tenma!" He would notice that Akihiko’s smile had changed into something fierce, like a wolf hungry for his dinner. “So what will you choose to face me with?" Tenma was presented with the weapons and tools confiscated for Manami’s reception - and Akihiko watched each and every choice. “Give me everything you got!"

You may now include whatever items or weapons Tenma will use within this duel. Akihiko will declare his own on the next post, but functions from magic tools will be hidden until used. Treat this duel as seriously or casually as you like, but make sure to inform me what sort of challenge level that you would like.

This will be in full view of Silva and Manami’s reception, so Silva can spectate if he wants. Due to Terao’s announcement, however, he can see that Manami and most of the Hinamoto reception are more interested in Silva than ever!

Last edited by Player Proxy on 02/02/23, 04:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man was taken back for a moment at Terao's sudden and loud declaration. He only wanted to show the man the world outside of this country. On the up side though, this would be a fine chance for some fun and to spread the sport currently located only in this country. He had already planned on making a sort of school here for all sorts of topics from sumo to magic to martial arts. SO in a sense this would be similar in the fact he could build sumo stables all over the known lands.

"Hahaha I like your energy young man. I will say i had no intentions on spready sumo outside of kina but that sounds like a fantastic idea that i will now pursue! But if you can excuse me i believe that it is well past time i pay a certain godess my attention"

With this he would get up and begin to walk to the former empress bowing deeply before her "Hello my beautiful Manami Swan. It has been a while since we have last met but I believe this is the first time i have been blessed with a chance to actually speak to you. I hope you dont think me being too crass now" he says smiling up at her

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

THE HINAMOTO GARDENS

Terao chuckled heartily, tossing his makuuchi belt into the surprised crowd, where one of the Dakiniten caught it with a contented yasss, “You need not follow me all the way, my friend. I know that your heart lies in Kina, but mine lies in the sport of sumo-wrestling. If my love for it demands that I journey into the outside world, then I must leave Kina.” Seeing that Manami looked a little impatient, however, Terao chuckled again and backed away into the eager crowd with his hands in the air, “But who am I to get in the way of your love, Silva?"

“It has certainly been a while, Kaida, but don’t think that I am unaware about your work here in Kina. I know how you have been tracking down the missing sets of armour from my Hinamoto ancestors. For your efforts, I must thank you,” Kneeling before Manami was the same rabbit-eared woman who had introduced Silva to the Dakiniten, “We gift you an honorary key to the Hinamoto vaults, sir Kaida." “It might be more a mere decoration, given the state of the Hinamoto vault at the moment, but know that this serves as a token of our trust in you as a Hinamoto vassal.” If he accepted it, a burst of applause would resound from the Kinan nobles, starting from Onigaku Amida and spreading like wildfire across the Hinamoto gardens, showcasing their genuine love for Silva. As the crowd watched onwards, however, Manami’s face lit up with an amused expression, shared with the rabbit-eared woman who walked away,

“Now then, Kaida, are you going to wish me well on my birthday? Hmm, what about any guesses on my age?”

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The golden elder of sound would smile and pat the larger man on the back "Oh i do not mind, I have traveled a lot in the outer world in my long years so i can be a nice guide. Plus i think you have a novel goal, Sumo is a sport that should be spread to every nation and can benefit the world in my opinion. I mean look at how the sport affects this nation or soon will. We will make stables world wide my good Terrao."

He would then find himself in front of the former empress of and could not help but find himself smiling in her presence. "It has been a while my lovely Manami-swan. You should come see one of my students matches soon, you can be ringside with me."

He was then shocked to be presented with a key that was meant to be an honorary reward than a physical one. He would accept it and bow "Thank you greatly for bestowing this great honor on me. Pardon me, for a have not been able to bring you a proper gift today besides my attention and presence which i admit is not much. But i do wish you a merry birthday." with this he would take her hand and kiss the back of it.

As for the question on the age, this was tricky. If he guessed the actual age or close enough it could be seen as she looks her age, but if he says an age that is too young then it would be clear that it is lying to flatter her. SO he would need a happy medium "Well it is hard to guess age upon appearance, I myself am 73 now. But i would say mid to late 40s. no older than 47"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum