A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: Farewell To The Coliseum
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: Reim
Job Reward: 15,000 Huang | 200 XP
Job Prerequisites: A True Swordsman
Job Overview:
The training under Breaker has been completed and your promise to him fulfilled. Now free to use magic again, you schedule one last match at the coliseum to provide your own style of entertrainment. Challenge two powerful magicians and defeat them using the fruits of your warrior training! Use this fight to develop your own style and make a last impression on the crowds of Reim to leave behind Swordking's name in the hearts of the people as a figure capable of overcoming great odds.
Special Job Requirements: Train at least two warrior abilities during the job. Separate word counts still apply.
Enemies:
Farewell To The Coliseum[NoM/Chain] AcgEtS7
Enemy Name: Augustus
Needed damage to take down: 3 A
Description: The brother of a set of twins each blessed by the ruhk. The brother, Augustus uses offensive Fire Magic in battle. His tall yet slender statute allows him a good vision of the field from behind his sister. Augustus moves at D tier speeds, has D tier strength and uses a small 12 cm long wand to cast his spells. The wand is red in color and very lightweight.
Abilities:

• Baby Dragon Breath: The user gathers magoi into their wand while speaking to the ruhk, with a swift twist of their wrist a bolt of fire blast from the tip of the wand dealing C tier Damage upon impact to whatever it hits. This applies 1st-degree burns on the skin.  The bolt travels 7 meters, travels at A tier speeds and is 12 meters in length while taking the form of a small dragon 5 meters wide.

• Ring of Fire: The user gathers magoi in their wand as they speak to the ruhk, with a twirl of their wand, a 5 meter in diameter circle of flames surrounds the user’s target within a 100-meter range from the caster.  The circle stays in place for one round of post before being snuffed out while dealing A tier damage to those who touch it’s flame.

• Fire Rain: The user gathers magoi in their wand as they speak to the ruhk, lifting their arm up into the air fire 4 fireballs rip from the wand as they hail down from the air onto the target location. This AoE attack covers a 25 meter circle and deals C tier damage upon impact to its target[s].

Farewell To The Coliseum[NoM/Chain] K8Kbsrz
Enemy Name: Augusta
Needed damage to take down:3 A
Description:  The sister of a set of twins who is also a magician. She specializes in water defensive magic.  Her short and slim figure allows her to take the point when fighting along with her brother shielding him from attacks. Her water spells do more than just protect her brother and herself she can also heal them.  She wields a A tier Staff about as tall as she is, moves as A tier speeds, and Deals A tier Basic damage.
Abilities:
  • Water Purification: Channeling magoi into her staff the user speaks to the ruhk as she slams the end of her staff onto the ground. The moisture raises from the ground forming a bubble around her that is a perfect 10 meters in diameter.  The swirling waters block up to 1 A tier worth of damage.

• Blessing of the Sea Goddess: Channeling magoi into her staff the user speaks to the ruhk as she waves her staff around. Water wraps itself around a person healing them for A Tier damage while life magic mixes with the water giving it a blessed look.

• Wave Wall: Channeling magoi into her staff the user speaks to the ruhk as she points her staff towards an incoming attack.  A wave of water rushed forward from in front of her blocking up to A tier worth of damage.  The wave is 5 meters tall and 10 meters wide.

Two people sat across from one another at The Purple Triumph. Breaker had a rosy complexion as he enjoyed a seemingly never ending flow of wine into his cup. Zion was masked in bandages as usual and kept his throat dry as he sat with folded hands on the table. "I was wrong about you, kid. About everything. You've really helped open this old man's eyes. I never would have guessed the senate would back down so easily thanks to just words alone." Breaker said through a smile as he refilled his cup to be drained once more.

"To be honest, neither did I. I was hopeful though. There is too much turmoil going on behind the scenes in this country and the senate didn't have the manpower ready to secure the forum. It was either concede or deal with the mob. All I did was provide them with a choice."

Breaker guffawed and then shook his head, "No, you've done more than that. I shouldn't call you kid anymore, you became a true swordsman in the short time that I've known you. A warrior who inspires with his blade. That isn't an easy feat within such a short span of time. Hell, you even put me on my ass." It was Zion's turn to shake his head however as he remained humble in the face of Breaker's praise, stamping down the swell of pride the old veteran's words had brought him. "You were irate and out of your mind that day. If you had kept your cool and patience you would have trounced me easily." The young warrior said with his hands spread open.

"Don't be so modest. A loss is a loss....So, what will you do next? Conquer the rest of the coliseum? I know Korinna would love to face you again."

The question made Zion look down at his bridged hands in thought. "No, I already spent too long here in Reim. I've discovered some pressing matters that require my attention across the sea. I think I'll be leaving soon. That is why I invited you here, Breaker. To say goodbye." Zion looked up at the man with a smile so bright it shone through his bandaged disguise. The words made Breaker finally pause his drinking to stare at his former pupil agape. There was a hint of unwillingness to let Zion go and the man was all tension as he searched his inebriated mind for a reason to convince Zion to change his mind. Alas, the veteran warrior could only deflate in the end and sigh.

"I had almost forgotten you were an outsider here...Alright then, I won't try to chain you down. The promise between us has already been fulfilled after all. Just do me a favor and don't go getting yourself killed. I still need to win back my loss after all!"

The old fighter quickly regained his mood and slapped Zion on the shoulder with a laugh. "It's a shame though. After what you did at the forum, the crowds will be dying to see 'Swordking' in action again." The wistful comment got a mysterious smirk out of Zion who suddenly said, "They may yet get their wish. I actually have one last match scheduled for tomorrow. You'll come see me fight, wont you?" The declaration made Breaker's brows raise in excitement. "Truly? Haha, I'll be there to watch for sure then! So, who's the unlucky opponent?" Breaker asked eagerly. Zion stood from the table and called out as he began to leave however.

"Come to the coliseum tomorrow and find out!"

The Coliseum seats were packed to the brim as Zion stepped onto the battle grounds. A roar of cheers exploded, fans chanting his alias "Swordking" as the youth advanced towards the center of the arena. Already waiting for him were the sibling pair Augustus and Augusta. The twins had their own fans and soon the crowd was split with cheers for both sides competing to drown each other out. Zion approached the two and stopped a comfortable 10m away. It was there that he pulled back the hood of his cloak and revealed to Reim's public his true face for the first time. Silver hair fell to frame a soft face with crystalline blue eyes and a pair of tall fox ears sat atop his head. Nine fluffy tails then spread out behind him in a dancing display as each one swayed about with elegance.

The young man's beauty stunned some and made others question whether or not he was a woman. Only Breaker, who watched from a VIP seat for popular gladiators, was entirely unsurprised by Zion's appearance. One among the crowd quickly got over his shock and then rushed off to report the storm kitsune's appearance to his superiors. Zion couldn't see this lone citizen leave but held confidence that there would be one such an individual. After all, that was the reason he chose to reveal himself. He was to leave Reim soon after all. It served his pursuers little good to learn of his presence here as the youth planned to be gone by morning. Let them chase his shadow and send more manpower here to capture him. It would do them no good.

Augustus and Augusta both recovered from the surprised of Zion's appearance quickly and brought their wand and staff forward at the ready. The twins spoke in unison as if they shared a single mind, "We wont go easy on you!" Focus and professional calm painted on both their faces. The twins had beaten Korinna before, whom had bloodied Zion not long ago. They had confidence to defeat Zion because of this and yet neither of the siblings became complacent. Zion smiled softly back at them. "I don't intend to hold back either..."

Job WC: 969\1500
Magoi: 420\420
Stamina: 200\200

Equipment:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The first to make a move was Augustus. With a twist of his wrist a violent Baby Dragon's Breath surged forth towards Zion cutting a blazing trail through the air. Meanwhile, Augusta retreated five meters with unfathomable speed. In her new position she slammed her staff into the ground summoning her Water Purification barrier to surround herself and her brother. Zion stepped backwards with an explosive gust of wind from his feet carrying him 5m backwards just in time to avoid the formation of the draconic blaze and put some space between himself and the spell to prepare a counter attack. The magician snapped an open palm forward with his left hand carrying with it a shot of magoi into the Deep Blue around his finger.

A magic circle on the ring glowed and a sudden surge of water filled the space between Zion and the twins. The Dragon submerged itself into the water burning madly and produced an explosive burst of steam. The twins both furrowed their eyes in concern as their view outside the bubble became obscured by a cloud of steam. Zion smiled as the cloud spread over him and used the concealment to pull a nail from his sleeve and a handfull of Oilclay from the jar at his side. The nail was pressed into the wand of clay along with the flow of magoi from Zion's fingertips. The Terracottan Nail caused the clay to spread and grow into a 3m tall soldier.

Spectators among the crowd had been getting ready to boo. They thought "Swordking" was up to his old tricks again. The mists would clear and his opponents would be defeated leaving the crowd clueless as to how the fight went down. But then they saw the stone man rise out of the steam and swing his arms to create a small gust of air. The steam blew away and it could be seen that the soldier now wielded Zion's Gladiator's Blade and Bronze Shield. People cheered at the dramatic emergence of Zion's construct. He did not bask in the cheers and directly ordered the soldier to advance sending it into his own spell. The Sea Trench pressure then shot the soldier out the other side sending it charging straight towards Augusta's barrier. Augustus tried to cover for her but played right into Zion's hands when he cast a Fire Rain from his wand.

Zion drew forth his own wand and held it close to his chest with the tip carefully aimed at the four fire balls forming above. He gathered magoi into the wand before unleashing two Incisive Taps at the air in front of him. Each tap was accompanied by a scaled Bullet fired accurately at the incoming fire balls. He sustained the spell two times in total by following up with one last tap that was a bit slower. Three explosions occurred in mid air as fire balls were blown away. Yet one blazing orb remained and slammed into the stone soldier. It spread into a large sea of flames forcing Zion to ascend into the air using gust of storm winds to propel him 20m upwards. But the soldier simply kept running, the oil soaked into his clay now burning brightly.

Incisive Taps: 540/500

The stone soldier crashed into Augustus' barrier with a splash. Normally the water pressure would keep the construct out, but the flames of her brother's attack combined with the oil soaked soldier boiled off the water at the font of her shield and it was already too late to try and restore it. The soldier had broken through, steam rolling off its now doused body as it rushed the sister and slashed downwards. Augusta was forced to abandon holding her water barrier and rose her staff the block this blow. Now both spheres of water had collapsed and Zion was flying in from above carried on swift winds to arrive right on Augustus' left flank just as he reached out to begin helping his sister.

"Your opponent is me!"

The magician shouted as he drew his wand and surged magoi into the handle as he stepped forward to strike. The Magoi Blade emerged catching Augustus by surprise. The man's Borg appeared to protect him only to shatter under the magoi slash. As Zion ended the cut and the blade of magoi flickered away he flicked his wand towards his other hand which slithered out from Zion's cloak like a snake. The Bloody Branch in hand, he stabbed out for Augustus' arm under the effects of Increase. A dodge backwards should have been enough for Augustus to avoid being hit, but the crimson blade extended after him by 3m piercing right through the magician's shoulder.

Augustus cried out in pain bringing panic to his sister's heart, but she was still being kept occupied by the stone soldier which had carefully blocked her counter attacks using the shield. She tried to turn away from this turtle of a soldier only for it to slash at her again with another swift overhead strike. The young woman was forced to hold her ground and defend herself, but this time she used the force of the giant's strike to throw herself away from it. She turned around and sped towards her brother but was only in time to watch in horror as Zion brought the bloody branch down for another vicious slash across the sibling's torso from top to bottom. Augustus coughed up a mouthful of blood and collapsed to his knees. He was about to pass out when suddenly Blessings of the Sea Goddess wrapped around him healing his injury and soothing the pain.

Augusta smiled in relief once she saw the pained expression leave her brother's face. Her expression then turned cold as she focused on Zion. The stone soldier loomed behind her preparing to attack again, but the woman didn't even glance in its direction as she swept her staff backwards and took off the statue's head. The construct crumbled and the weapons it had held fell to the floor behind Augusta as she gave of an aura which made Zion's spine crawl.  She pounced after Zion but the storm kitsune stepped away just as fast aided by gusts of wind. She tried to smash Zion with her staff several times but he tauntingly kept pace with her and stayed just out of reach making each of her attempts futile.

Fiames suddenly emerged around Zion in a Ring of Fire as Augustus recovered off to the side and had struggled to aim his wand over. The circle of flames trapped Zion in a closer quarters with Augusta and suddenly became more pressured by her attacks as his room of move shrunk drastically. Forced to retaliated he performed a Sinking Swipe with the bloody branch and followed the movement with his other hand closely. This placed the Sage's Swordwand in a low position where the magoi blade surged forth. Zion executed two Swiping Strikes and channeled magoi into the wand each time as he cast and sustained a scaled Phantom Arms. The magoi blade destroyed her borg on the first slash and the advent of several illusory blade left Augusta helpless and surrounded.

Swiping Strikes: 658/500

Outside the ring of fire nobody could see what was going on. But soon the cries of a woman rang out and Augustus' face fell in disbelief. "Sis...lost?" The shock causing his spell to end. The wall of flames subsided revealing Zion standing there smiling at Augustus softly slowly walking towards him. Behind the storm kitsune he sister was still stubbornly standing despite being impaled by several phantom swords. But when the blades faded and the blood was allowed to flow out freely her strength left her and she collapsed to the floor. There were still four Phantom blades floating around Zion as he walked towards Augustus with imposing steps.

The brother of the sibling duo had already been wounded and knew he had little chance of turning this around. But seeing his beloved sister fall triggered a profound anger in the young man. He roared at the approaching Zion defiantly and raised his wand high. Fire balls began to form over him but Zion casually pointed his wand at his opponent and sent forth the phantom blades floating around him. The blades shredded all four of Augustus' fire balls and left him looking foolish with his wand still pointing at Zion despite his fire balls having already been burst. "Do you concede?" The storm kitsune asked in a calm measured voice.

Augustus was indignant and unwilling! He summoned up his magoi and cast another Baby Dragon Breath. This dragon of fire was even larger and hotter than the one before. It carried with it all of Augustus' pride as a magician and roared along with its caster as a point of his wand sent it flying towards Zion. The storm kitsune did not stop his advance at all, but his smile faded into a stoic gaze as he wielded the Magoi Blade to directly bisect the great dragon down the middle. The heat kissed his skin and almost singed his hair as the great flame dragon was parted. His steps towards Augustus continues unhindered, magoi blade crackling one last time at Zion's side before flickering out.

"Concede."

Zion ordered as he lifted his wand and aimed it for Augustus' hand. An unusually dim beam of light formed with a shell of strength magic around it and fired out of the tip of the Swordwand. The Solar Lance pierced the blonde magician's hand making him drop his wand. As it fell, so too did his last will to resist. His fighting spirit left him just as Zion arrived before him. The silver haired fighter was not very tall, but he seemed to tower over the wounded Augustus due to the dominating presence he had established through out the fight.

Defeated, Augustus fell over and grit his teeth in frustration. [color=gold]"We...admit defeat!"[/colot] he shouted not willing to disgrace himself further, instead wanted to tend to his sister's wounds as fast as possible. Zion stopped his advance and halted the remaining phantom blades that had been speeding towards his opponent. With a wave of his hand they vanished and raised his wand swywards in victory. The crowd erupted into wild applause in response. The twins had long since been out of favor for using their magic to shut down valiant and skilled warriors. It was a refreshing feeling for the audience to see the duo get trounced for a change. Zion's stage name was chanted hot on their lips once more. "Swordking" had etched himself onto the hearts of reim's coliseum fanatics. Zion enjoyed the glory silently. Perhaps this feeling is what Caelus has so passionately expressed to him about "Greatness" that could be found in the coliseum.

Job WC: 1576\1500
Magoi: 195\420
Stamina: 150\200

Abilities:

Equipment:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum